Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

Cruyff Turn

Released by Sheffield Wednesday and Villa probs want him for their u23 side. 

better move for the lad coming here.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

30 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

El Diez has been right with two so far. 

Sean Clare would give us a bit more power in midfield, would be a cracking by signing by the looks of things. 

*coughs*

American gk on trial.

*coughs*

Jordan Roberts up having a look around. 

Vanecek although his name had already been mentioned and the Austrian Centre half.

(This could well end up another Roberts situation tbh, but he’s in Edinburgh listening to what we have to offer)

Take it or leave it folks, I care little either way ?

Edited by El Diez

2 minutes ago, El Diez said:

*coughs*

American gk on trial.

*coughs*

(Could we’ll end up another Roberts situation tbh, but he’s in Edinburgh listening to what we have to offer)

Nice one bud :thumbsup: 

The Apprentice
3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Yes I saw you mention it and didn't believe you since today is Wednesday.........sorry

Was in the new shop getting a few things and AM walked in with a young lad fairly tall and a noticeable mark on his face (which I now know to be Clare after googling him) and then CL behind them. Pottered around for a bit and then left again. 

I’ve only posted now as I had no idea who it was until this thread came up... sorry. 

A couple deadwood wage thief’s told to :bolt:and free up some wages. Austin goes to India and there’s money right there to sign him. 

28 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Folk do realise that there is a difference between Hearts facility at Riccarton and Oriam yeh ?

There is a world class sports science department at Oriam. If this guy is indeed there it could simply be to do with a previous injury he needs help with.

Matt Ritchie was there a couple of weeks ago. We sure as hell aint signing him !!!

Might be ???

Don't see why this isn't credible. Players have come to Scotland some on loan. Partick Roberts is valued around £11 million and came here. It's a decent option. 

Lucille's Thirsty
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Haven’t we got enough midfielders as it is?  We’re going to have starting to offload some of them even now.

Too be fair it’s better than having not enough midfielders which was the case at times last season. If we have more than enough midfielders we won’t be rushing youngster in far too soon. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

Aye, we're likely going to outbid Aston Villa, Leeds, Southampton...Celtic and Rangers also credited with interest.

If those two are interested, he would no doubt have been up here anyway seeing them...and has done us the courtesy to hear what what we're all about.

But as I said...absolutely no chance.

Maybe the boy knows the old firm are ***** and wants to join us. 

Bazzas right boot

Do you know Sean Clare personally?

I don't...I don't know what contract offers he's received, or the terms of any contract offers he's had...apart from rumours of a megabucks one from Aston Villa, prior to him getting injured.

All I can go on, is the level of teams credited with an interest in signing him...and any person with a cranium not filled with foam packing chips,can determine we would not even be in the same stratosphere contract offer wise.

The only way we would have a chance of signing him, is if he's still injured...and nobody else is willing to take a chance on him due to the seriousness of the injury (and then if that's the case...would we want him anyway).

And as for 'so called' bigger teams...are you saying Leeds, Aston Villa, Southampton, Rangers and Celtic are not bigger teams than us?

Methinks you're in need of a healthy dose of realism!

Leeds are shite. Lots of fans but shite and have been for years. 

Southhampton/ Celtic- unlikey to be first team. 

Rangers--shite House club 

Villa- recovering, probably best for football and money tbh. 

All of the above can offer for more money, so if it's all about that then you're carrrect, he won't be with us. 

If he's thinking about football reasons and not all about the money we have a shot, see Lafferty, Naismith even Lee and Djoum to an extent. 

He wouldn't be having a gander if it wasn't a possibility. 

6 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Leeds are shite. Lots of fans but shite and have been for years. 

Southhampton/ Celtic- unlikey to be first team. 

Rangers--shite House club 

Villa- recovering, probably best for football and money tbh. 

All of the above can offer for more money, so if it's all about that then you're carrrect, he won't be with us. 

If he's thinking about football reasons and not all about the money we have a shot, see Lafferty, Naismith even Lee and Djoum to an extent. 

He wouldn't be having a gander if it wasn't a possibility. 

:lol: 

53 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Yes I saw you mention it and didn't believe you since today is Wednesday.........sorry

Would sir like mash with his humble pie?:clyay:

Cruyff Turn
51 minutes ago, El Diez said:

*coughs*

American gk on trial.

*coughs*

Vanecek although his name had already been mentioned and the Austrian Centre half.

(This could well end up another Roberts situation tbh, but he’s in Edinburgh listening to what we have to offer)

:thumbsup: hope he signs, cracking talent. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:thumbsup: hope he signs, cracking talent. 

I’d never heard of him ?‍♂️

I’ll take your word for it :thumbsup:

tokyowalnut

Aye, we're likely going to outbid Aston Villa, Leeds, Southampton...Celtic and Rangers also credited with interest.

If those two are interested, he would no doubt have been up here anyway seeing them...and has done us the courtesy to hear what what we're all about.

But as I said...absolutely no chance.

What's the need in the negativity? You must be a great laugh. If there was no chance why would he spend the time coming up?

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Can play right midfield, right wing back or as a defensive midfielder apparently.

New Eggert Jonsson by the sounds of things

Auldreekie1874
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder what his injury was?

A bad ankle knock according to that thread.

47 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

According to a poster on there, Gillingham were keen to sign him and he was happy to go, prior to his injury.

If he was prepared to sign for Gillingham to get first team football, surely he'd be prepared to sign for us?

2 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Do you know Sean Clare personally?

I don't...I don't know what contract offers he's received, or the terms of any contract offers he's had...apart from rumours of a megabucks one from Aston Villa, prior to him getting injured.

All I can go on, is the level of teams credited with an interest in signing him...and any person with a cranium not filled with foam packing chips,can determine we would not even be in the same stratosphere contract offer wise.

The only way we would have a chance of signing him, is if he's still injured...and nobody else is willing to take a chance on him due to the seriousness of the injury (and then if that's the case...would we want him anyway).

And as for 'so called' bigger teams...are you saying Leeds, Aston Villa, Southampton, Rangers and Celtic are not bigger teams than us?

Methinks you're in need of a healthy dose of realism!

You sound really angry , I hope we don't pull this signing of or you're going to hyper ventilate , lol

By the light
2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Never heard of him, but having now found out about him. I agree with the No Chance positiion

Where does this guy fit in your quality v quantity scale?  Does he make the grade?

Famous 1874
23 minutes ago, RobNox said:

According to a poster on there, Gillingham were keen to sign him and he was happy to go, prior to his injury.

If he was prepared to sign for Gillingham to get first team football, surely he'd be prepared to sign for us?

If true, definitely. Gillingham are tinpot 

23 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Well he isn't up here for a feckin sightseeing tour.

Make this happen, Hearts.

If he’s up here it’s very encouraging that this is the type of player we can attract for talks even regardless of if he signs or not. I still don’t think there’s a chance we will get him but if we do it’s a massive statement of intent. 

2 minutes ago, By the light said:

Where does this guy fit in your quality v quantity scale?  Does he make the grade?

He would be thee outstanding signing of the summer unless the unknowns can prove otherwise. (Not including Naismith who I’m hoping hits the ground where he left off) 

Edited by Juanjo15

Escobar PHM
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Would sir like mash with his humble pie?:clyay:

Sir will be more than happy to eat humble pie if this guys signs

Morgaro Gomis
Just now, Juanjo15 said:

He would be thee outstanding signing of the summer unless the unknowns can prove otherwise. 

Presumably you’ve seen him play based on your last couple of posts? If so, anything you can tell us about him? 

I’ve got to be honest that I know very little about him, but after doing some research he seemed to have been very highly rated before he suffered some injury troubles.

By the light
2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

He would be thee outstanding signing of the summer unless the unknowns can prove otherwise. 

But like me, he hasn’t heard of him or seen him play so surely this guy is another punt?  Gillingham ffs

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Sir will be more than happy to eat humble pie if this guys signs

Ditto...but ain’t gonna happen in my opinion.

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Ditto...but ain’t gonna happen in my opinion.

What was your opinion on getting Naismith the first time it was mentioned??

Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

What was your opinion on getting Naismith the first time it was mentioned??

i thought that one was a possibility, an older Scottish player looking to play games...Rangers not interested, Kilmarnock no chance due to the wages required.

Noting also people’s claims a the time Naismith isn’t really driven by money now, and wants to get into coaching.

All of the above is pretty much the polar opposite to this one...a young English player, with lots of clubs interested that will offer significantly higher packages than ourselves.

The only doubt in my head, is if Sheffield Wednesday wouldn’t get a development fee from us (as cross border?), whilst teams in England would be liable for one.

jamboinglasgow

Curious one, cant say that I have heard of him but certainly seems highly rated. I thing I would always say is take the interest of other clubs with a pinch of salt. Agents will always try to get their players in the paper linked to big clubs, exaggerating the interest. a club who may have once sent a scout to look at a player, the agent will make it out the club are about to offer terms.

Who’s to say there isn’t English clubs interested but not willing to pay a development fee to see if the lad can prove his fitness - can’t see rangers or Celtic that fussed about signing a player with possible injury doubts - kinda leaves a possibility of us. Fits the punt bill we often use!!!

i thought that one was a possibility, an older Scottish player looking to play games...Rangers not interested, Kilmarnock no chance due to the wages required.

Noting also people’s claims a the time Naismith isn’t really driven by money now, and wants to get into coaching.

All of the above is pretty much the polar opposite to this one...a young English player, with lots of clubs interested that will offer significantly higher packages than ourselves.

The only doubt in my head, is if Sheffield Wednesday wouldn’t get a development fee from us (as cross border?), whilst teams in England would be liable for one.

Ignoring the fact that Norwich will be paying most of his wages anyhow, are you not contradicting yourself in your first two paragraphs, as highlighted?

Edited by JamboAl

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Chaps said:

Haven’t we got enough midfielders as it is?  We’re going to have starting to offload some of them even now.

Just trust the man who knows more about fitba than all of us combined.