Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

Midfielder, 21, Aston Villa recently wanted him (paper talk)

Maybe.....

Wait, He's 6ft 3? Scarf will be above head before weeks out. :D

scott herbertson
Just now, Bauld said:

Midfielder, 21, Aston Villa recently wanted him (paper talk)

Maybe.....

Wait, He's 6ft 3? Scarf will be above head before weeks out. :D

Just now, scott herbertson said:

6 foot three midfielder

Big strong physical team candidate

great minds....

5 minutes ago, El Diez said:

At the Oriam today.

May be something, may be nothing.

As you were.

Interesting one, cheers Diez

Just now, Deviskan said:

Absolutely no chance...not with the other teams that are looking at him.

If he’s come up to have a look about I’d say there will be some chance of getting him.

Aye, we're likely going to outbid Aston Villa, Leeds, Southampton...Celtic and Rangers also credited with interest.

If those two are interested, he would no doubt have been up here anyway seeing them...and has done us the courtesy to hear what what we're all about.

But as I said...absolutely no chance.

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Aye, we're likely going to outbid Aston Villa, Leeds, Southampton...Celtic and Rangers also credited with interest.

If those two are interested, he would no doubt have been up here anyway seeing them...and has done us the courtesy to hear what what we're all about.

No bid required as he’s out of contract but I’d imagine they’ll pay higher wages yes.

lets just wait and see though I suppose.

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Maybe the boy wants 1st team football as opposed to sitting on a bench which is exactly what he will get with any of the clubs mentioned above 

Yeah can play right wing back too, which I assume is of more interest to us.

Villa won’t be in for anyone just now, so can rule them out! 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

I am quite familiar with him watched him a couple times big strong quick player. Must say would be a coup if we did sign him loads of other interest but if we sign him i’m truly believe we have a top 3 worthy team.

Edited by HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

2 minutes ago, Gumpert said:

Maybe the boy wants 1st team football as opposed to sitting on a bench which is exactly what he will get with any of the clubs mentioned above 

Yeah, he's likely no to want to sit on the bench for a fraction of the wages any of the others teams would pay...literally cloud cuckoo land stuff (we cannot compete with League One Teams wages wise, but here we have multiple posters believing we can compete with Large Championship/Premiership Teams!

And by outbid...that meant outbid on contract offer, it's easily validated by checking that mystical magical tool called 'Google' to see what other teams are looking at this guy (and the fact he's out of contract).

Edited by Deviskan

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

We surely have more than enough players to keep happy I would of thought ?

I’d imagine 3 or 4 will be leaving plus a few going out on loan.

Just now, Deviskan said:

Yeah, he's likely to want to sit on the bench for a fraction of the wages any of the others teams would pay.

And by outbid...that meant outbid on contract offer, it's easily validated by checking that mystical magical tool called 'Google' to see what other teams are looking at this guy (and the fact he's out of contract).

Time will tell I suppose 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Thoughts ?

good player tall strong fast and “ versatile “ highly rated at gillingham would be shocked if we signed him loads of interest.

1 minute ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

good player tall strong fast and “ versatile “ highly rated at gillingham would be shocked if we signed him loads of interest.

Cheers 

9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

he's maybe pals with Austin MacPhee, every other fecker seems to be     :robbo:

JamboBornNBred
6 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Yeah, he's likely no to want to sit on the bench for a fraction of the wages any of the others teams would pay...literally cloud cuckoo land stuff (we cannot compete with League One Teams wages wise, but here we have multiple posters believing we can compete with Large Championship/Premiership Teams!

So..............if we are going by your logic........................Why has he not been snapped by them yet, these so called bigger teams?

Cruyff Turn

El Diez has been right with two so far. 

Sean Clare would give us a bit more power in midfield, would be a cracking by signing by the looks of things. 

10 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

As the OP said, he was around our training ground. 

25 minutes ago, El Diez said:

At the Oriam today.

May be something, may be nothing.

As you were.

What's happening with vanacek mate?

10 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I am aware of that mystical magical tool which is “google” as I had to use it to find out who this amazing young talent was that everybody is after.

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

What's happening with vanacek mate?

He’s signed a pre contract to come in January. Still trying to do a deal to possibly bring him in before then.

Not exactly sure of rules but doesn’t it cost a lot of money for English clubs to sign young out of contract players from other English clubs ? Maybe the reason some of the names mentioned haven’t actually signed the boy. 

10 minutes ago, JamboBornNBred said:

So..............if we are going by your logic........................Why has he not been snapped by them yet, these so called bigger teams?

Do you know Sean Clare personally?

I don't...I don't know what contract offers he's received, or the terms of any contract offers he's had...apart from rumours of a megabucks one from Aston Villa, prior to him getting injured.

All I can go on, is the level of teams credited with an interest in signing him...and any person with a cranium not filled with foam packing chips,can determine we would not even be in the same stratosphere contract offer wise.

The only way we would have a chance of signing him, is if he's still injured...and nobody else is willing to take a chance on him due to the seriousness of the injury (and then if that's the case...would we want him anyway).

And as for 'so called' bigger teams...are you saying Leeds, Aston Villa, Southampton, Rangers and Celtic are not bigger teams than us?

Methinks you're in need of a healthy dose of realism!

Edited by Deviskan

Famous 1874

A lot of clubs seem interested in this lad, clubs who can afford to pay a lot more in wages for him but how many of them will actually give him first team game time? In my opinion, it is likely that any premier league teams or upper championship teams down south will dump him in their reserves or loan him out. Whereas Celtic and Rangers just stockpile players. In terms of a pathway to the first team we’ll be right up there. 

JamboBornNBred
3 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Do you know Sean Clare personally?

I don't...I don't know what contract offers he's received, or the terms of any contract offers he's had...apart from rumours of a megabucks one from Aston Villa, prior to him getting injured.

All I can go on, is the level of teams credited with an interest in signing him...and any person with a cranium not filled with foam packing chips,can determine we would not even be in the same stratosphere contract offer wise.

The only way we would have a chance of signing him, is if he's still injured...and nobody else is willing to take a chance on him due to the seriousness of the injury (and then if that's the case...would we want him anyway).

And as for 'so called' bigger teams...are you saying Leeds, Aston Villa, Southampton, Rangers and Celtic are not bigger teams than us?

Methinks you're in need of a healthy dose of realism!

I dont care for other teams no matter who they are.All i care is about Heart of Midlothian. He is at Oriam today and maybe he is up talking with us,maybe he is not.As for saying we have no chance,that might be the case and then again  you could be way wrong.Noone knows.

As for realism....................I have plenty of that thanks :)

30 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Haven’t we got enough midfielders as it is?  We’re going to have starting to offload some of them even now.

Title challenges require big squads ?

Escobar PHM

Folk do realise that there is a difference between Hearts facility at Riccarton and Oriam yeh ?

There is a world class sports science department at Oriam. If this guy is indeed there it could simply be to do with a previous injury he needs help with.

Matt Ritchie was there a couple of weeks ago. We sure as hell aint signing him !!!

Famous 1874
38 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Haven’t we got enough midfielders as it is?  We’re going to have starting to offload some of them even now.

Cowie and Callachan will go. 

The Apprentice
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Folk do realise that there is a difference between Hearts facility at Riccarton and Oriam yeh ?

There is a world class sports science department at Oriam. If this guy is indeed there it could simply be to do with a previous injury he needs help with.

Matt Ritchie was there a couple of weeks ago. We sure as hell aint signing him !!!

As I mentioned above he was at Tynecastle on Monday being shown around by CL and AM so looks like it is to do with us.

Shovelly Joe

We have lots going for us.  Cracking stadium and training ground.  Experienced internationalists in Berra, Naismith & Lafferty and the draw of Edinburgh.  Also the pull of playing every week.  

Hearts are an attractive proposition 

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Does that include being shown around Tynecastle that another poster has mentioned :lol: 

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

As I mentioned above he was at Tynecastle on Monday being shown around by CL and AM so looks like it is to do with us.

Yes I saw you mention it and didn't believe you since today is Wednesday.........sorry

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

One of these days you might learn to engage brain before all the shit spills forth from your gums (fingers).

I have mentioned this before.

Edited by VladMagic

BobbyJenkins
3 minutes ago, Shovelly Joe said:

We have lots going for us.  Cracking stadium and training ground.  Experienced internationalists in Berra, Naismith & Lafferty and the draw of Edinburgh.  Also the pull of playing every week.  

Hearts are an attractive proposition 

?

Just now, VladMagic said:

One of these days you might learn to engage brain before all the proceeding shit spills forth from your gums (fingers).

I have mentioned this before.

No chance that will ever happen as it’s up to his eye level.