***World Cup 2018 - Croatia v England***

Cade

michael_bolton
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

That's what we all said at the last Euros

I think that experience makes France much, much more likely to win the final this Sunday. Unlikely to make the same mistake twice and they have given the impression of playing within themselves so far.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Hearts007

• Alex Kintner

• ri Alban

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I'm going all in on this one. England by three or more goals. Croatia were running on empty on Saturday. Some of their players even looked injured at the end. Lovren is terrified of Kane and Kane will roast him. England have momentum and belief now. They're peaking at the right time and they'll click tonight.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Dunks said:

Whatever the result, there will be riots down south.

Its really all you guys have left to cling onto.

England could win, or they could lose...its too close to call. France are too strong (on their day) for both, but I reckon they fancy an England final as winning that would give them greater satisfaction.

Nookie Bear
46 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Just saw a boy from Dundee (Celtic Fan), wearing the 66 England top. 

:laugh:

So much wrongness in one sentence!

michael_bolton
8 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I'm going all in on this one. England by three or more goals. Croatia were running on empty on Saturday. Some of their players even looked injured at the end. Lovren is terrified of Kane and Kane will roast him. England have momentum and belief now. They're peaking at the right time and they'll click tonight.

What makes you think they're peaking? Were you really that impressed by what you saw against Sweden? In what way?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, michael_bolton said:

What makes you think they're peaking? Were you really that impressed by what you saw against Sweden? In what way?

They totally controlled the game against a team that had been difficult opponents for everybody, including teams a lot better than England 

michael_bolton
1 minute ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

They totally controlled the game against a team that had been difficult opponents for everybody, including teams a lot better than England 

I think they benefited from having seen Sweden perform their one trick enough times. Sweden had no plan B and showed England too much respect. I don't think Croatia will have been worried by anything they saw, other than the set plays.

Sweden are a similar level to England, a relatively new team. It was a good victory with their goalkeeper doing well at key moments. Similar with Colombia. 

England need a peformance at a different level. Certainly if Croatia turn up. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
4 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

I think they benefited from having seen Sweden perform their one trick enough times. Sweden had no plan B and showed England too much respect. I don't think Croatia will have been worried by anything they saw, other than the set plays.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sweden are a similar level to England, a relatively new team. It was a good victory with their goalkeeper doing well at key moments. Similar with Colombia. 

England need a peformance at a different level. Certainly if Croatia turn up. 

It basically comes down to me thinking England have more energy and another gear to hit. I think we've seen everything we'll see from Croatia. 

Gonna be exciting anyway. 

michael_bolton

It basically comes down to me thinking England have more energy and another gear to hit. I think we've seen everything we'll see from Croatia. 

Gonna be exciting anyway. 

We'll find out soon enough. I can't say England strike me as a team with much more to offer though. Certainly not compared to Croatia's creativity.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I thought England taken their chances well and Sweden missed all theirs. 

That was the difference, both teams lacked quality in overall play. 

I do agree, that I think England will win tonight, maybe even comfortably. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
2 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I thought England taken their chances well and Sweden missed all theirs. 

That was the difference, both teams lacked quality in overall play. 

I do agree, that I think England will win tonight, maybe even comfortably. 

Yeah, another way of looking at it. At the same though, Sterling was through against just the keeper twice. Could have been talking about a 4-0 win everyone was saying was one of the most organised and difficult to break down in the tournament. 

Also, and I haven't seen much of this said, but is just Croatia. None of the pedigree of one of the top teams. They'll be nervous and edgy too. England's pace could hurt them a lot. 

Maroon Sailor

Set Piece England are favourites. Croatia will have to be disciplined as SPE will look to benefit from holds and blocks in the box from corners and free kicks.

Hoping the tablecloths pull off a shock win 

Edited by Maroon Sailor

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Cade said:

We've had every prediction under the sun so far.

Easy win for Croatia

Easy win for England

ET winner

Pens

:gocompare:

Hence why it is called the beautiful game.

N Lincs Jambo

To me wanting England to win is the international equivalent of wanting Hibs to win so c’mon the Croats tonight ?

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

England could win, or they could lose...its too close to call. France are too strong (on their day) for both, but I reckon they fancy an England final as winning that would give them greater satisfaction.

Bang on Nookie :thumb: 

France definitely want England in the final.  With the exception of Italy, it’s the English that they want to beat the most.

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

France definitely want England in the final.  With the exception of Italy, it’s the English that they want to beat the most.

What about the Germans ?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

A lot of people seem to be missing the fact that ingurland are not a very good football team

But they're good enough to be where they are and saw off two teams many thought could knock them out. I'd add too that a lot of people seem to be missing the fact that Croatia are not that great. If you consider that maybe Argentina are useless, Croatia's run looks a lot more ordinary. 

But they're good enough to be where they are and saw off two teams many thought could knock them out. I'd add too that a lot of people seem to be missing the fact that Croatia are not that great. If you consider that maybe Argentina are useless, Croatia's run looks a lot more ordinary. 

Yip.

The general consensus was that when they came up against Colombia, it would all go pear-shaped, same with Sweden.

Didn't happen !

To balance that, both of those two teams looked average..that could have been England making them look thus, i'm not so sure.

Croatia look similar to me, I can see England getting to the final....luckily that's the day after I sell all my TVs, Laptops and radios !

27 minutes ago, Boab said:

What about the Germans ?

Aye, ok Boab!

Equal with the Germans :lol: 

The big difference from all their previous games (apart from Belgium which is not really relevant given the team selections), is that you would expect Croatia to enjoy considerably more possession than their previous opponents. England do have momentum though and how well Croatia cope with their set pieces will be key. Very tricky one to call IMO.

1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Correct again.

Both Columbia and Sweden were rated as ‘good teams’ on here until England beat them, then all of a sudden, Columbia and Sweden were ‘pish’ teams.

Croatia will also be a wee bit more knackered than England tonight and that could be crucial.

The Internet
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

A lot of people seem to be missing the fact that ingurland are not a very good football team

Well they clearly are. 

Anybody know what's going on with Modric and the Croatian FA. I hear some corruption is being investigated. 

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

It’s going to be Waistcoat Wednesday.

2-0 England.

See there were injuries from a stampede last night chap. Not that sensible letting off firecrackers in Nice of all places ? Presume you’re ok.

1-1 with England to snatch it in ET. Actually wish I was back in London. Thinking of heading over if they get through.

SpikeDudley
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

This is England's first game against a team with street smart players who mostly play in top leagues. Of course Belgium fall into this category but as we saw that was pretty much B teams. 

Sweden and Colombia don't fall into this category? :huh:

Sam Allardyce could have been manager 

Sorry, someone just mentioned corruption 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Come on Croatia! France will win it on Sunday regardless of who wins tonight. 

Youd think. All it takes is a mistake or a red card etc.

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

3-1 Croatia. England blown away in the first 20 by a team that can open up that febrile defence.

That'll do for me, despite not knowing what febrile means. :thumbsup:

heatonjambo
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nervous and excitable 

there is a picture of Pickford next to it in the dictionary!

Toxteth O'Grady
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Easy win for England 

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Germany? 

for me it is 50/50, croatia seem to have struggled through their last two ties. How much has that taken out of them? If the croatia that played argentina turn up they for me would be favourites as england will leave space for the croatia midfield to exploit.

I've not been that impressed with england, to me they have been efficient and got the job done, however take away the set pieces they have been a bit pedestrian and lacked some cutting edge. yes they have had some fast breaks but generally they have fallen to players like sterling who just now could not hit a barn door. set pieces will be englands biggest weapon in this match, if croatia can limit their set pieces in dangerous areas and defend those they do get for me they will win. 

i am saying 1-1 with it going to pens, dont know who will win on pens 

11 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Germany? 

The Netherlands are their biggest rival. 

chuck berrys hairline

Croatia to come out traps flying to grab a lead to sit on to invite England out and counter them 3-1