• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

Hibs defence :rofl:

pleasing that they are leaking goals. Any half decent team should be getting plenty chances against the vermin this season

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Not a Scottish team but something that might interest a few on here.

Young Ally Roy who joined Derry City has scored the opening goal in their 2-1 win over Dynamo Minsk.

Sadly they go out on agg 3-2. 

I believe this was his first game for them since joining from us.

Yeah. Good stuff.

He's played a few games and gets good reports. 

29 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

#ibs are a offensive juggernaut. A team who could go far in this tournament. :laugh:

Tbf Greece is pretty far away 

16 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

Worthy of a bookmark.

Am happy for this to be brought back up if we smash them in the league and finish above them. More than happy to be proven wrong. 

kirkierobroy

In a couple of weeks this thread will be moribund. Hibs and Aberdeen are definitely out this round, possibly with right pummelings, and very probably the Rangers Phoenix as well (I certainly hope so). If St Johnsdown could beat Rosenborg a couple of seasons ago I suppose there isn't much chance they could take down Celtic but you never know.

37 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

In a couple of weeks this thread will be moribund. Hibs and Aberdeen are definitely out this round, possibly with right pummelings, and very probably the Rangers Phoenix as well (I certainly hope so). If St Johnsdown could beat Rosenborg a couple of seasons ago I suppose there isn't much chance they could take down Celtic but you never know.

As much as I hope they get pummeled I'm impressed by hibs.

They are carving teams open and look fit and ready to take on anyone. 

They'll concede but they appear to have a score more goals than the opponent mentality.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

That will be pinned up on Rosenborg's dressing room !

Yep. 

Sorry but I want them put out as well as the vermin , newco and the sheep. May go against the co-efficient grain but knowing these teams have some pain and financial pain is more pleasing for me

John Findlay

I'm going to stick my neck out and say

That there will be no Scottish clubs in Europe by the end of August.

Absolute Scenes
On 22/07/2018 at 19:20, Bauld said:

They'll concede but they appear to have a score more goals than the opponent mentality.

"Carving teams open"

They beat faroe island fisherman, it was expected rather a spectacle.. And before you say "aye but we were beat by maltese part timers" have a look at the difference of co efficient between malta and faroe islands. They were handed quite possibly the easiest tie they could have asked for and still managed to ship 5 goals to them. 

They are not as good as our own fans and media make them out to be. Tired of seeing our fans bumming this team up so much. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Go to a bookie and he'll probably give you no more than evens...if that !

22 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

"Carving teams open"

They beat faroe island fisherman, it was expected rather a spectacle.. And before you say "aye but we were beat by maltese part timers" have a look at the difference of co efficient between malta and faroe islands. They were handed quite possibly the easiest tie they could have asked for and still managed to ship 5 goals to them. 

They are not as good as our own fans and media make them out to be. Tired of seeing our fans bumming this team up so much. 

I'm expecting hibs to do in Europe what hibs always do in Europe.

And there couldn't be a better place than Greece for that to happen.

But I have to give credit where it is due. I wish we had Kamberi in our side. 

Absolute Scenes
15 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I'm expecting hibs to do in Europe what hibs always do in Europe.

And there couldn't be a better place than Greece for that to happen.

But I have to give credit where it is due. I wish we had Kamberi in our side. 

They will

But I don't wish he was in our side, half of his goals last season were penalties. Lafferty scored most of his goals on his own. When a striker can play past a crap midfield and make their own goals, that's who I'd prefer

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

They will

But I don't wish he was in our side, half of his goals last season were penalties. Lafferty scored most of his goals on his own. When a striker can play past a crap midfield and make their own goals, that's who I'd prefer

Instead of lafferty?

**** no.

But since we have about 10 of them I wish he was one of them. He's instinctive. Which is a very good thing to have in a team at our level.

And let's no knock a good penalty taker. Our recent history is a bit patchy when it comes to those.

Edited by Bauld

47 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

"Carving teams open"

This.  There was feck all to be impressed about their result.  

andyscott82
52 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

"Carving teams open"

They also played against 10 men for an hour of the first leg. 

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Instead of lafferty?

**** no.

But since we have about 10 of them I wish he was one of them. He's instinctive. Which is a very good thing to have in a team at our level.

And let's no knock a good penalty taker. Our recent history is a bit patchy when it comes to those.

I canny accept Kamberi is better than Lafferty, sorry mate! Agree to disagree haha

You are right about penalties though, often overlooked as important, and we haven't a strong penalty taker for some time

Cruyff Turn
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Agreed John. 

Can see all 3 Europa League teams getting their arses handed to them in this round. 

Celtic might beat Rosenberg but AEK are a good side, maybe they'll go into the Europa League however.

Anyone know if the two Athens games sandwich our game , assuming they get through this round . 

Sure  I read that somewhere . 

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Anyone know if the two Athens games sandwich our game , assuming they get through this round . 

Sure  I read that somewhere . 

They will play in Athens the week after 14th I think. 

Just now, tcjambo said:

I don't care much for Aberdeen but I really hope they beat that pumped up sh*te from the EPL

I agree!  It might even inflate prices for players up here. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

"Carving teams open"

100%

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

I agree!  It might even inflate prices for players up here. 

Defo, after Aberdeen beat Burnley I expect to be knock back £10m bids for Cowie and selling Souttar for £75m.

1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Defo, after Aberdeen beat Burnley I expect to be knock back £10m bids for Cowie and selling Souttar for £75m.

After the success Paterson has made down South I’m surprised it’s not happened already tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

They will play in Athens the week after 14th I think. 

1st leg7/8th us on the 11th 2nd leg 14/15 th ,l best time to meet them imo 

Edited by ramrod

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

After the success Paterson has made down South I’m surprised it’s not happened already tbh. 

:munny:

John Findlay
54 minutes ago, Boab said:

Go to a bookie and he'll probably give you no more than evens...if that !

Odds on a nap

29 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I canny accept Kamberi is better than Lafferty, sorry mate! Agree to disagree haha

You are right about penalties though, often overlooked as important, and we haven't a strong penalty taker for some time

Read it again. I said I would never take him over Lafferty. :)

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, Bauld said:

My mistake mate, been a long day ?

dkmmgcycbwc

AEK have lost their excellent coach and a lot of their good players.  I think if Celic get through this is a  good one for them. 

47 minutes ago, ramrod said:

1st leg7/8th us on the 11th 2nd leg 14/15 th ,l best time to meet them imo 

Definitely as they might have to rest some players for the second leg away. 

Stephen Muddie
4 hours ago, Boab said:

That will be pinned up on Rosenborg's dressing room !

Aye quite right too! Hope they ducking maul the horrible hooped hell cases

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

My first season watching football Aberdeen made the QF of the European Cup and Burnley finished 14th in the old 4th Division. Sticks in my craw that this tie is even possible. I hope Aberdeen smash them. 

27 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

My mistake mate, been a long day ?

You'll get me in trouble on here making those mistakes.

Next thing I'll be looking at my sister like this....

bfd88dcf35261034f6d9f8b57171fa-543590574

No mention of it anywhere I could see but if Celtic were to lose to Rosenberg then they would drop down to play Cork City in the Europa League QR3.

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, Bauld said:

You'll get me in trouble on here making those mistakes.

Next thing I'll be looking at my sister like this....

bfd88dcf35261034f6d9f8b57171fa-543590574

???

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Boozyuzi said:

No mention of it anywhere I could see but if Celtic were to lose to Rosenberg then they would drop down to play Cork City in the Europa League QR3.

Talk about rewarding failure.  That should not happen. Uefa made a right pig's ear of its own competitions.

Tenuous link here but I see the gianty big British and Euro clubs are competing in a tournament called the champions cup.

I presume it is only open to the clubs whose owners have the biggest willies.

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Tenuous link here but I see the gianty big British and Euro clubs are competing in a tournament called the champions cup.

I presume it is only open to the clubs whose owners have the biggest willies.

Just reading about that on wikipedia. Clearly set up by some creepy investment company with no interest in anything but dollars.

Dalstonjambo
14 hours ago, Bauld said:

On 7/22/2018 at 19:20, Bauld said:

I've read again what you said and I'd like to know what impressed you about them shipping 5 goals across 2 legs to a team from the faroe islands who played 60 minutes with 10 men in the first leg. Who exactly have they carved open bar a bunch of fishermen? 

9 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I've read again what you said and I'd like to know what impressed you about them shipping 5 goals across 2 legs to a team from the faroe islands who played 60 minutes with 10 men in the first leg. Who exactly have they carved open bar a bunch of fishermen? 

I said they would concede. So I'm not giving them much defensive credit. But they are going out and creating enough chances to put teams to the sword in terms of goalscoring. 

Keep in mind we have so far struggled to beat Cove and Raith.

However, last day of the season they put 5 passed rangers.

Recent friendly they put 6 in against Berwick.

6 at home in Europe then another 6 away from home.

They lost 2-0 to Blackburn in Hanlons testimonial and were slammed for a poor performance. They also beat linlithgow rose 2-0 in their first friendly back But that isn't exactly anything to go by.

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I said they would concede. So I'm not giving them much defensive credit. But they are going out and creating enough chances to put teams to the sword in terms of goalscoring. 

Keep in mind we have so far struggled to beat Cove and Raith.

However, last day of the season they put 5 passed rangers.

Recent friendly they put 6 in against Berwick.

6 at home in Europe then another 6 away from home.

They lost 2-0 to Blackburn in Hanlons testimonial and were slammed for a poor performance. They also beat linlithgow rose 2-0 in their first friendly back But that isn't exactly anything to go by.

I take it you weren't at Cove.

We created enough chances there to "put them to the sword", just lacked sharpness in finishing.

Hearts "reserves" put 5 past Forfar.

You keep on about their goalscoring but in their last 3 competitive games they've conceded 10 goals. No matter how good a forward line you have no-one can keep doing that and expect to be successful