• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

I watched the first hour of the Rangers game, thought they were quite disjointed and a few players short of getting anywhere near the title never mind challenging.

Watched the last 30 minutes of the hibs game, hard to judge where they are as the team they played where of a very poor standard and down to 10 men for most of the match. Mallan's free kick however was a peach.

Thought sevco looked like a team playing their first competative game of the season.

The boy that came on at the end looked good on the wing.

Killie v St Mirren tonight may give an idea of how shite, or not, they are !

Absolute Scenes
51 minutes ago, bluesyDAjambo said:

I watched the first hour of the Rangers game, thought they were quite disjointed and a few players short of getting anywhere near the title never mind challenging.

Watched the last 30 minutes of the hibs game, hard to judge where they are as the team they played where of a very poor standard and down to 10 men for most of the match. Mallan's free kick however was a peach.

That's what annoys me about the whole Hibs situation. They are coming off from a "high" (4th place, wowsers) and have beaten the mighty Berwick Rangers 6-0. On paper you'd think "wow that's impressive" , you look at last nights score, you'd think "wow that's impressive". Both these teams would be beaten by most lower league teams in Scotland. Faroe Islands are one of the weaker footballing nations, so for hibs to beat them 6-1 shouldn't be looked at as impressive, but more expected given the gulf between us and Faroe Islands. Let them play real opposition, like Blackburn lol. 

We have had a decent pre season, losing only once (to an own goal). Let's not lose the rag

29 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

That's what annoys me about the whole Hibs situation. They are coming off from a "high" (4th place, wowsers) and have beaten the mighty Berwick Rangers 6-0. On paper you'd think "wow that's impressive" , you look at last nights score, you'd think "wow that's impressive". Both these teams would be beaten by most lower league teams in Scotland. Faroe Islands are one of the weaker footballing nations, so for hibs to beat them 6-1 shouldn't be looked at as impressive, but more expected given the gulf between us and Faroe Islands. Let them play real opposition, like Blackburn lol. 

We have had a decent pre season, losing only once (to an own goal). Let's not lose the rag

We said that last season and they finished almost 20 points in front of us? You can write off Hibs if you like, I personally think we are still miles behind them. They’ve replaced McGinn with someone equally as talented in Mallan. They’ve brought in a striker who actually scores goals. When they sell McGinn they will get Allan back and potentially another, Allan would walk into our midfield. They have a settled squad and have the luxury of being able to pick and choose where they add to the squad. We have signed 11, the 12th on a pre contract and still looking to sign 2 keepers plus potentially getting Demi back. That’s 15 new faces, that makes it very difficult to gel straight away. We have struggled to break down teams as equally poor as Berwick and we lost to Queen of the South having struggled to actually create any chances. I’ve seen nothing so far from us to think that we will challenge for Europe, let alone finish above Hibs, IMO. 

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

We said that last season and they finished almost 20 points in front of us? You can write off Hibs if you like, I personally think we are still miles behind them. They’ve replaced McGinn with someone equally as talented in Mallan. They’ve brought in a striker who actually scores goals. When they sell McGinn they will get Allan back and potentially another, Allan would walk into our midfield. They have a settled squad and have the luxury of being able to pick and choose where they add to the squad. We have signed 11, the 12th on a pre contract and still looking to sign 2 keepers plus potentially getting Demi back. That’s 15 new faces, that makes it very difficult to gel straight away. We have struggled to break down teams as equally poor as Berwick and we lost to Queen of the South having struggled to actually create any chances. I’ve seen nothing so far from us to think that we will challenge for Europe, let alone finish above Hibs, IMO. 

I hear what you're saying, and agree that, looking on the face of it, Hibs, may well, be up at the top part of the League this season.

However, our season remains largely unknown at this stage. The new signings may gel straight away once the real games start.

After the League Cup games, we will be in a better place to judge how settled the team is.

It's a given we have to improve on last season and probably will do....if that improvement is enough to put us in the mix for top three/four, is guesswork right now.

Absolute Scenes
17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Mallan couldn't get a game for the relegated Barnsley

You are a panic merchant of the highest order. We struggled in one out four games. We lost to an own goal and didn't play our strongest team in any of those games

I refuse to fear them, nothing to fear as they are worse than last season, going to lose their two best players.

We have done massive work this sunmer in revamping our squad which was much needed and we already shown we've found some quality. We are also chasing players that some English premier league teams have looked at, so quit the doom and gloom posts. Did you want us to not sign anyone and stick with the same team? 

We will be up there with the best of the league this season. 

17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Hibs have lost McGeouch, Barker, McLaren, Allan and are imminently losing McGinn, basically a selection of their best players from last season, I can't agree that replacing them all with (the equally talented :lol: ) Stevie Mallan means that they can "pick and choose" their signings.   

I don't understand the "striker who actually scores goals" dig, Lafferty got 19 last season :mellow:

You seem to be putting a lot of stock in one preseason friendly performance, I was at the Hibs vs Blackburn match (I know I know) and McGinn was the only player on the pitch who could actually find a man with a pass, If I was basing my opinions on that game Kamberi certainly can't finish and Blackburn are pish, I wouldn't do that though because it was a FRIENDLY.

Another example, John McGlynn had a decent preseason, we went down to Rotherham and won with McGowan playing attacking midfield in behind Sutton, McGowan actually set up Sutton for the goal, based on that we had a fantastic strike partnership going into the season, turns out we didn't.

It's a good thing you weren't on Kickback in the summer of 97 when we drew 0-0 with Blyth Spartans or in the summer of 05 when we drew 0-0 with Berwick Rangers, we both know how those seasons went after all. Or of course there's the championship season, a really tough league with Rangers and Hibs as our rivals and we couldn't even beat Ludogorets, Cowdenbeath, Dundee or Hamilton in pre-season, what a year we were in for then. 

Just have a rest mate, you don't know how this team will perform in the competitive matches, nobody does, so lets just wait and see what happens in the proper games 

41 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Hibs have zero depth in their squad that's their problem. They've lost or about to lose a number of first team players and hugely influencial first team players at that. As it stands they've lost their entire midfield (assuming McGinn goes) and one of their first choice strikers. Now Allan and McLean look likely to return but is Mallan as good as either McGinn or McGeough..I honestly don't know. Even if they get these players there's nothing to replace them...Swanson perhaps for midfield...Shaw up front...defensively they've nothing beyond that back 4.

They have a decent or should have first 11 beyond that they're weak. They need about 5 or 6 good players in this window...time will tell.

Anyone keeching it off Hibs following last night’s result should look into it a little more. As far as I can tell their midfield was made up of Mallan, Boyle and Slivka while also on the pitch were the likes of Stevenson, Ambrose and Olly Shaw. Their squad is so light they brought on Simon Murray FFS.

A cause for concern? Not at this moment.

Footballfirst

Updated UEFA rankings.  The position at the end of the 2018/19 season determines what clubs start where in 2020/21

Laura Sports Law Retweeted

Updated UEFA Country Coefficient for 20/21 UEFA competitions. Keep an eye on the race for 15th. Denmark just jumped ahead of Greece. 15th place is the cutoff for 2 @ChampionsLeague places. Also Top 10 are guaranteed at least 1 team in the groups.Dh_I1fAXcAEbovq.jpg

SuperstarSteve
3 hours ago, S Form said:

Anyone keeching it off Hibs following last night’s result should look into it a little more. As far as I can tell their midfield was made up of Mallan, Boyle and Slivka while also on the pitch were the likes of Stevenson, Ambrose and Olly Shaw. Their squad is so light they brought on Simon Murray FFS.

A cause for concern? Not at this moment.

Absolutely Agree with everything you just said.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Updated UEFA rankings.  The position at the end of the 2018/19 season determines what clubs start where in 2020/21

Laura Sports Law Retweeted

Updated UEFA Country Coefficient for 20/21 UEFA competitions. Keep an eye on the race for 15th. Denmark just jumped ahead of Greece. 15th place is the cutoff for 2 @ChampionsLeague places. Also Top 10 are guaranteed at least 1 team in the groups.Dh_I1fAXcAEbovq.jpg

Lots of big powerhouse types in front of Scotland. Ha ha ha. We are absolutely $#!te.

Alex Kintner

Got a cheeky fiver on Skhupi at 8/1. Think this will be a close match.

Edited by Frank1874

SuperstarSteve
Just now, Frank1874 said:

Got a cheeky fiver on Skhupi at 8/1. Think this will be a close match.

Wish a done the same, had the feeling all day that sevco are gonna fall flat on their face. 

Hope it’s a winner ?

On 7/13/2018 at 17:29, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Lots of big powerhouse types in front of Scotland. Ha ha ha. We are absolutely $#!te.

Belarus, Azerbaijan and ****ing Cyprus.

Jesus wept! :rofl: 

Anyone got a link for the Sevco game?  I believe it's on premier sports, could be entertaining if the Macedonian's score an early goal.

brunoatemyhamster

Its on Youtube but its got those two Geordie conmen doing commentry.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Belarus, Azerbaijan and ****ing Cyprus.

Jesus wept! :rofl: 

Both Belarus and Azerbaijan have populations nearly double ours!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I've never wanted Rangers to win in Europe before now, but I'm glad they won tbh. I hope the other three go far too. Not a popular opinion, but hey ho. Can't be bothered with getting my kicks from other teams failing anymore (must be getting older!). I'm sick of watching big international tournaments without Scotland there and I'm sick of our club teams needing to get through hunners of rounds of competition just to get a tie against a half-decent team. Every Scottish team winning, international and domestic, will move us a step closer to improving our game imo and I'm all for it.

alwaysthereinspirit
17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We cant continue blaming our small population on our footballing failure.

China and India aren't that good and Iceland and Croatia are pretty good.

We're just pretty $#!te for all intents and purposes with regards to this thread.

Its going to be a long while before we see any changes.

alwaysthereinspirit
23 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I've never wanted Rangers to win in Europe before now, but I'm glad they won tbh. I hope the other three go far too. Not a popular opinion, but hey ho. Can't be bothered with getting my kicks from other teams failing anymore (must be getting older!). I'm sick of watching big international tournaments without Scotland there and I'm sick of our club teams needing to get through hunners of rounds of competition just to get a tie against a half-decent team. Every Scottish team winning, international and domestic, will move us a step closer to improving our game imo and I'm all for it.

Just nah.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
26 minutes ago, Smithee said:

So? 

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

So? 

So - any reason to expect us to be above them in the rankings?

Apart from the fact that we invented the game, obviously.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
8 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Just nah.

Fair enough. Didn't think it was for everyone. 

Bazzas right boot
On 13/07/2018 at 10:57, busby1985 said:

I'd wait until l the league Cup group games before filling your pants about how good or bad we are. 

We'll finish above hibs next season. I'd bet on that ( a rally I have). 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I get that, makes sense but nope. 

Out of the 4 in Europe, hope rangers getted papped out the fastest, would be another nail in that coffin, and would see Stevie G close to the sack before the league season even starts. 

Hibs and Aberdeen papped out before the group stage is all that matters, hope Aberdeen do Burnley just for a finger up to the EPL. 

Sexton Hardcastle

The state of the videos of rangers fans abusing kids earlier today.

Naturally the press won’t report a peep.

How they thought they could ever get £12million for Morelos based on that display is laughable. That had to be someone making a bid on the wind up. Saying that, Hibs still think they are getting £4million for McGinn...

alwaysthereinspirit
15 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Fair enough. Didn't think it was for everyone. 

I'm sorry. I just cant. Many years ago I'd have agreed with you. European nights were special.

Not now. Anything that shows up our 3rd rate association as useless is fine by me.

Bazzas right boot

Slightly off topic, but TNS who lost the first league 5-0 are 3-0 up at ht. 

Could be a bigger comeback  than Catchphrase returning. 

Unknown user
48 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

So? 

So I thought I'd drop it into the conversation for a bit of perspective.

In the 80s the USSR, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia were still going but when they all broke up there were suddenly a lot more countries with bigger populations than Scotland, each one sending representatives into European competition. 

It shouldn't stop us from aiming higher and doing everything we can to improve but it's ridiculous to discount it as a factor.

JamboGraham

If you are a co-efficient follower then tonight’s goalless draw is points dropped for Scotland against an un-seeded side. 

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Slightly off topic, but TNS who lost the first league 5-0 are 3-0 up at ht. 

Could be a bigger comeback  than Catchphrase returning. 

Finished 4/0.

Great effort.Watched the game on the BBC website.

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I'm sorry. I just cant. Many years ago I'd have agreed with you. European nights were special.

Not now. Anything that shows up our 3rd rate association as useless is fine by me.

Well, like it or not we're part of that association, so if they are useless then so are we by....em...association !

Kirky Jambo
1 hour ago, benny said:

Finished 4/0.

Great effort.Watched the game on the BBC website.

Aye me too - well the last 20 mins or so. Was quite exciting. The lad Redmond who looked extremely average for Hamilton in the SPL was made to look a world beater!

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

So? 

They have double the ammount of players to chose from, so that does not make a difference ?.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

They have double the ammount of players to chose from, so that does not make a difference ?.

Thats not how it works , they have double the amount of people to choose from not players. We have a far better infrastructure which if used correctly should produce better players despite the lower population

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

No really. By that logic we should be better than Croatia.

On 13/07/2018 at 06:49, peter_hmfc said:

Walked to the shops earlier and I saw the Hibs "ultras" and their "crew" banging their drum in public shouting that cringeworthy "Alle Oh" noise. I absolute shit you not they looked about 12 and were playing with a wind-up toy car (the kind where you pull it back and it goes forward when you let you).

Bit of an odd phenomenon even here in Aus. All that teenage generation getting around in casual attire in a big way and as a result force themselves to try and like football...some of their antics are embarrassing.

Not a Scottish team but something that might interest a few on here.

Young Ally Roy who joined Derry City has scored the opening goal in their 2-1 win over Dynamo Minsk.

Sadly they go out on agg 3-2. 

I believe this was his first game for them since joining from us.