Fantasy Premier League - JKB Cash Competition 2018/2019

Homme

gerry mccauley

tim

5 hours ago, Statto said:

Got lucky last week to have Wan-Bissaka's 12 points come off my bench because Bednarek didn't play.

I'll probably captain Aguero this week but Mendy is tempting, he was practically playing as a left winger v Arsenal and very likely to get clean sheet points this week, but it wouldn't surprise me if Aguero got 2-3 goals against Huddersfield and it's still early in the season, playing it safe and going for the higher percentage option is probably the best way to go. Mendy may play further back if Sane comes into the team so it might be worth waiting to see where they play when both on the pitch at the same time.

Was a toss up between Aguerro and Kane, went with latter.

Taken Mendy...  

Some great choices by others last week.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homme

• Statto

• Thumper

• gerry mccauley

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t forget to sort your teams this morning if you haven’t already done so. You have up until an hour before the lunchtime fixture.

Good luck all.

10 minutes ago, Homme said:

Don’t forget to sort your teams this morning if you haven’t already done so. You have up until an hour before the lunchtime fixture.

Good luck all.

Ha! I'm bottom of the leagues I'm participating in. Already played my wildcard after injuries having taken their toll. 

gerry mccauley

Kane gets off the mark at last for Spurs.

Some teams like Liverpool , Man city and Man city seem to play the majority of their games on Sunday.

Makes a season ticket fairly pointless.

gerry mccauley

Alonso does a job once again.  Be interesting to see if defenders are amassing the points. 

The strikers are yet to set the Heather alight.

Evening all.

Another call for entry fees please. PM me to arrange.

I imagine there will be a few people who have captained Augero this weekend. Well done it If was you.

A good week for me so far but seems to be a high scoring one in general!

TyphoonJambo
22 hours ago, gerry mccauley said:

Alonso does a job once again.  Be interesting to see if defenders are amassing the points. 

The strikers are yet to set the Heather alight.

And......l Captain Aguero does the bizzzzzz

15 hours ago, Homme said:

Evening all.

Another call for entry fees please. PM me to arrange.

I imagine there will be a few people who have captained Augero this weekend. Well done it If was you.

A good week for me so far but seems to be a high scoring one in general!

Is it still the same email address for PayPal as last time? :)

If you fire me a wee PM, I'll get that to you today!

20 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Is it still the same email address for PayPal as last time? :)

If you fire me a wee PM, I'll get that to you today!

Hi there, yes it is! Thanks.

On 15/08/2018 at 09:42, Homme said:

HMFC OZ

You Berra Believe It

St!ll Al!ve

Swiss Squats

FunnyNameFC

Isyourmotherwell

Yellow Cowdenbeath

Jammy Gits

Jambo4Life

Up T' Bloody Tree

Tochy Zee FC

Pique Blinders

King of Hearts

Bayern Bru

AC Yerbaws

Jimbo XI

The Natural Orders

Updated list of members to pay. Thanks.

MF Djoum payment received.

Updated list above. Thanks all.

Thanks to Swiss Squits who paid up this morning. Updated below.

HMFC OZ

You Berra Believe It

St!ll Al!ve

FunnyNameFC

Isyourmotherwell

Yellow Cowdenbeath

Jammy Gits

Jambo4Life

Up T' Bloody Tree

Tochy Zee FC

Pique Blinders

King of Hearts

Bayern Bru

AC Yerbaws

Jimbo XI

The Natural Orders

Remember to sort our your team ahead of the deadline tomorrow!

15 minutes ago, Homme said:

Thanks to Swiss Squits who paid up this morning. Updated below.

HMFC OZ

You Berra Believe It

St!ll Al!ve

FunnyNameFC

Isyourmotherwell

Yellow Cowdenbeath

Jammy Gits

Jambo4Life

Up T' Bloody Tree

Tochy Zee FC

Pique Blinders

King of Hearts

Bayern Bru

AC Yerbaws

Jimbo XI

The Natural Orders

Remember to sort our your team ahead of the deadline tomorrow!

When will the cheapskate chancers who don't pay up be getting emptied from the league?

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

When will the cheapskate chancers who don't pay up be getting emptied from the league?

Prior to Gameweek 5 starting.

I think that's pretty generous!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, i have purposely been quiet on here recently as i didn't want to pester people daily for their entry fee etc. 

The deadline however is this weekend - SATURDAY AT 11:30AM - to have your entry payments in. If they are not received the team will be removed from the league and the remaining participants will be those who have sent over their fee for the prize pot.

The list of teams that payment has not been received is below:-

HMFC OZ

St!ll Al!ve

FunnyNameFC

Isyourmotherwell

Yellow Cowdenbeath

Jammy Gits

Jambo4Life

Up T' Bloody Tree

Tochy Zee FC

King of Hearts

Bayern Bru

AC Yerbaws

Jimbo XI

The Natural Orders

To those who have entered and paid, thanks very much. We can discuss the prize pot allocation etc after Saturday's deadline. It is currently sitting on £288 which is fantastic!

I'm 64th in the league :lol: 

The only way I'm going to get any higher than that, is when the non-payers are emptied from the league this weekend!

I might just make it all the way to the dizzy heights of 50th!

50 minutes ago, KnightyJambo said:

Ive changed my mind and pulled my team out of the league. Apologies for wasting your time.

No time wasted mate. Thanks for letting me know.

Can you tell me the team name and i will remove from the list. Cheers.

Edited by Homme

3 hours ago, Homme said:

No time wasted mate. Thanks for letting me know.

Can you tell me the team name and i will remove from the list. Cheers.

The team name is Isyourmotherwell.

I committed before realising I wouldnt have alot of time to check over it etc so wouldn't get the full satisfaction from playing.

1 hour ago, KnightyJambo said:

I committed before realising I wouldnt have alot of time to check over it etc so wouldn't get the full satisfaction from playing.

Translation: got off to a shite start so bottled it and chucked in the towel.

Shame on you!!!

;)

2 hours ago, KnightyJambo said:

No worries, yeah it can be a chore at times I know. And you can be punished if you don’t have time or forget! 

Cheers for letting me know.

Say What Again
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Translation: got off to a shite start so bottled it and chucked in the towel.

Shame on you!!!

;)

This ?

In fact, I’m withdrawing mine too ?

Panicking already. Used my wildcard and costing myself points for subs this week. 

gerry mccauley

After a month into season, have changed nearly all the first 11.

But feeling confident now of shooting up the league....

Hattrick captain weekend...   :)

Hi folks,

3 hours to go. Anyone willing to stump up their entry fee to avoid being removed from the league? PM me to arrange, Teams are:-

HMFC OZ

St!ll Al!ve

FunnyNameFC

Yellow Cowdenbeath

Jammy Gits

Jambo4Life

Up T' Bloody Tree

Tochy Zee FC

King of Hearts

Bayern Bru

AC Yerbaws

Jimbo XI

The Natural Orders

Hi folks, just a confirmation that the competition is now closed.

Thanks to the person who got in touch this morning.

I am volunteering all day today so I don’t have time to tidy up the league at the minute, but will do ASAP.

Thanks to everyone who entered and paid, without checking I think prize pot is around £290...again I will confirm this.

Would be good to get a discussion on how the prize pot should be divvied up, if we want small monthly prizes etc too. Please let me know and we will try sort it before the start of October.

thanks everyone and good luck!

21 minutes ago, Homme said:

Hi folks, just a confirmation that the competition is now closed.

Thanks to the person who got in touch this morning.

I am volunteering all day today so I don’t have time to tidy up the league at the minute, but will do ASAP.

Thanks to everyone who entered and paid, without checking I think prize pot is around £290...again I will confirm this.

Would be good to get a discussion on how the prize pot should be divvied up, if we want small monthly prizes etc too. Please let me know and we will try sort it before the start of October.

thanks everyone and good luck!

If it's £290, we could go;

1st £150

2nd £75

3rd £35

4th £20

5th £10

If we're doing a manager of the month prize, if it's from October onwards, if you have 8x £5 prizes, you could do;

1st £135

2nd £70

3rd £30

4th £15

or if you have a £10 prize for each manager of the month, you could pay;

1st £120

2nd £60

3rd £30.

My opinion is a manager of the month prize is a good idea to keep people interested for longer, it means people that forget after the first few weeks can rejoin in January, fix their team and still have a chance of winning a prize. One thing that would have to be decided if there is a MotM, do the August and September top managers get a prize as well, some people could say they would have set their team up a bit differently, more short-term orientated if they knew there was a prize for the highest scoring monthly team and they were near the top. Also, I'm not sure how I would feel if I had been the top manager last month and a prize was brought in after I had won it.

Trying to tidy this league up. I'm unsure if there is something up from the website but i cannot see the following teams in the league even though you guys have paid??!

Grumpy Rebus

MF  Djoum

Marooned in Maywick

Rudi's Left Peg

HKFC

Reddlemen

AC Yerbaws

Now i didn't remove you guys from the league and i know you have paid, so don't worry! Can you just check and see if you seem to be a member of the league? 

For some reason when i go into league admin it is only showing 44 teams, and you guys aren't there. 

What i can confirm is that with you guys above, along with everyone else brings our prize pot total to £306, which is fantastic. So thank you all!!

Edited by Homme

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Trying to tidy this league up. I'm unsure if there is something up from the website but i cannot see the following teams in the league even though you guys have paid??!

Marooned in Maywick

Now i didn't remove you guys from the league and i know you have paid, so don't worry! Can you just check and see if you seem to be a member of the league? 

For some reason when i go into league admin it is only showing 44 teams, and you guys aren't there. 

Perhaps it doesn't go as low as my current JKB league position... 58th :facepalm:

I do still appear to have some sort of activity going on, though.

21 minutes ago, Boof said:

Perhaps it doesn't go as low as my current JKB league position... 58th :facepalm:

there 

I do still appear to have some sort of activity going on, though.

Thanks for clarifying. Must be an issue from my side as only showing up to position 50 and there is no 'next page' button.

Strange.

• 3 weeks later...

Best start I've made to a season, top 25k rank.

I know I should try and get Matt Doherty in, £4.7m, good attacking potential, Wolves solid at the back, but when I look at him, I can only see that guy that still has nightmares about Andy Driver tearing him apart on the 19th of May. I just can't do it.

I'm looking at bringing in Kenedy for Newcastle, they've had a very difficult start but they have very good fixtures in the next 10, no top-6 side and 6 home games. £4.9m so a decent 5th midfielder option, a low risk gamble.

• 2 months later...
Say What Again
8 minutes ago, Statto said:

Ending the year 119th in the World :omg!:

That's outstanding mate!

Meanwhile, I've just broken into the top 30 in Kickback ?

• 3 weeks later...

What are your thoughts on Kane replacements?

The two obvious players at the same price points are Aubameyang and Aguero. One of these allows you to keep the same squad structure.

Aubameyang has the highest expected goals over the past 6 matches but faces Chelsea and Man City in the next 3.

Aguero will share minutes with Jesus who is in good form just now, 7 goals in his last 3 games, albeit 2 games against lower league opposition. If you could guarantee Aguero getting 140+ minutes in his next 2 games against Huddersfield and Newcastle, he'd be a good option, but I doubt he will.

There are a few forwards around the £7m-£10m mark. Firmino (£9.3m), Vardy (£8.9m) and Rashford (£7.5m). I've not included Jesus because he's £10.1m and not guaranteed to start games.

Firmino has 4 goals in his last 6 in the league, only Kane and Son have more, Liverpool play 3 home games in their next 4 and will have no blank gameweeks.

Vardy is in there because Leicester face Liverpool, Man U and Spurs in the next 4, those are Vardy fixtures. He's scored 16 goals in 24 games against those 3 sides, he's scored 3 in his last 2 v Spurs, 2 in his last 2 against Man United and 7 in his last 5 against Liverpool. A lot depends on what Leicester turns up, the one that has lost to Southampton, Newport and Cardiff in the last 3 weeks or the one that beat Chelsea and Man City over Christmas.

Rashford is probably the best option of them all. I already have him so have to look elsewhere. Man United have hit form under Solskjaer, Rashford seems to be his first choice ahead of Lukaku but even if Lukaku starts, Rashford could start alongside him or on the wing, I can't see him losing his place in the team any time soon.

Another option is to change your squad structure completely, downgrading Kane to a budget option and upgrading your 5th midfielder to a premium option and playing a 3-5-2.

Llorente is Spurs only fit striker but they've been without Kane before and went with someone else. He's only £5.6m so would be incredible value if he starts games, my own opinion is they go with Moura, he's only £6.8m. Moura for a £4.5m midfielder would give you around £10m for a forward, If I was doing this, it would be Moura and Firmino in.

Jimenez has offered the 2nd best value for money this season, 15 points per million, behind only Wilson. Bringing in Jimenez leaves you enough for someone like Alli, he's scored 10 goals in 14 games that Kane was injured previously.

If you do go with Llorente, Sterling could become an option depending on your selling prices. Sterling is more assured of a starting place over Aguero or Jesus and Man City may have a double gameweek in GW25 if either Man City or Everton make the FA Cup 5th round and neither goes to a replay.

I have 2 free transfers but I'm looking to only use 1 to leave 2 for GW24. I'm thinking of going Firmino at home to Palace this weekend and then making a move to bring in a 5th premium midfielder for GW24. By then we'll know which 2 games will be blank for GW27 for the LC Final, Spurs play 3 times between now and the GW24 deadline so we'll have a much better idea of how they will line-up and lastly, there could be big transfers announced during that time, Higuain is close to signing for Chelsea, depending on his price, he could be a good option.