Paint the walls of Tynecastle?

kila

Walls as they are now or painted maroon?  

442 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• As they are now
    • Painted maroon

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren

• Elmore

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, japanjambo said:

A club like no other. #onlyhearts

116881857_10157562694858367_5750322443925365872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=KyK8Sd4A448AX9YfJYN&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=2b2b2d45bb7354c6d548a0479a938af9&oe=5F4B934A

How about something like that on the walls once they've been painted maroon? :whistling:

11111.jpeg.8706daaea948f72186ebb60dd1675f4a.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Hopefully more like this twitter guy point out the appearance of the ground and the club decide to give it a good lick of maroon all over :whistling:

Fxxx the SPFL

Walking past Gorgie Road entrance on my way home from work the gates are very tired looking they need repainted and HMFC in big letters could be on the four panels and if allowed by council get the mural done on the gable end just a thought 

Howdy Doody Jambo

What about some big TV screens with VAR on it's way, you could also use as advertising and club legends images and footage of previous games 

Francis Albert
On 26/06/2018 at 13:31, siegementality said:

Times change.

Not necessarily for the better. Hearts colours are maroon and white and there is already a lot more maroon than white in Tynecastle.

Surley big led pannels with advertising should be erected. With a maroon background. 

Then we can have our scoreboard plus. 

A 20+ goals a season striker, Ta. 

And the stands named after the Greats of Hearts.

Edited by ri Alban

On 26/06/2018 at 12:10, Apache Mal said:

I'd be happy if they just removed the ridiculous half-complete sign from the side of the stand.

Annoys me every time! 

Montgomery Brewster
8 hours ago, kila said:

Hopefully more like this twitter guy point out the appearance of the ground and the club decide to give it a good lick of maroon all over :whistling:

This is good news. Hopefully a bit of traction and we can get things moving 

I lke the idea of the game clock on the end of the electronic advertising boards but It would be good if everyone could see it. At the moment I can only see it when the boards are set up behind the goal.

10 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Walking past Gorgie Road entrance on my way home from work the gates are very tired looking they need repainted and HMFC in big letters could be on the four panels and if allowed by council get the mural done on the gable end just a thought 

In the context of stadium uplifts & discounting everything else, I think we are pretty poor re monies/time/energy into presenting our wonderful home...considering the cash we will have, making sure the stairs are painted every night and again, as you say the gates given some TLC, powerwash/cleaning the back of Roseburn etc etc...there is quite a bit of the stadium we could do with showing a tad more desire to look better, again in the context of stadium improvements alone and discounting everything else...

10 hours ago, kila said:

I must admit that whilst visiting  Tynie recently it's in dire need of a lick of paint in a majority of areas. Stepps railings barriers ect. The most apparent thing I noticed was the amount of rusting on sections of the new stand which is strange at this early stage. New run off area matting is needing replacing aswell. I don't know who the stadium manager is but the ground defo needs a bit tlc. 

27 minutes ago, Rousset1 said:

i remember being impressed when the main stand roof was painted during Vlad's tenure.

How times change.

And the Maroon carpet track was installed too looked brilliant. 

Said it on here before our walls of the stands should be like this 

See the source image

Doesn't even have to be players on it, Could just be maroon freshen it up.   

White Pillars keeping up the floodlights would like maybe more advertisement on them or covers in Maroon so you cant see through the white pillars. 

Also when those electronic boards are up around the pitch when a match is on TV it bugs be how close they are to the corner flags so close to the pitch the players are leaning on them to then take the corner, Get them to **** or just install them into the stands having electronic boards full time.  

Bazzas right boot

Digital advertising and graphics. 

Means we can have players like Souttar on it, and if he ****s off put up Sibbick. 

If a club legend does something daft we can replace. 

Disco lights, also heard they are a thing. 

Posters and paint just make it look cheap, like a teenagers bedroom. 

Graphics on the main stand glass  as well, someone done a good job of a mock up before. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

I’d rather just do essential maintenance and keep the place clean and tidy. Spend the disco lights and fancy graphics money on the playing side. Anything that can turn a profit excepted. 

Nobody ever asked for the Shed to be given a lick of paint… 😄

Perth to Paisley

About 3 years ago I offered to donate paint to the club to carry on with more internal paintings which were going on at the time....they said they would get back to me.

Had their chance!

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’d rather just do essential maintenance and keep the place clean and tidy. Spend the disco lights and fancy graphics money on the playing side. Anything that can turn a profit excepted. 

Boo. 

Spend millions on it. 

Or get sponsored by a Japanese type company. 

Mitshabushi (sp)  Park. 

Get it kitted out. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Agreed. It is a measure of how football and society has changed that when I first watched Hearts no-one thought of complaining about the quality of paintwork, the aesthetics of the ground or even having to piss in the open air against a wall above an overflowing drain.

Things have thankfully moved on but speaking of the aesthetics I find a lot of the suggestions on the thread objectionable. Tacky graphics on the side of the stands. Cheap images of Hearts greats. Naming of stands for former players. The ground needs smartening up but the basic design and structure is given the limited footprint available close to perfect. Keep it clean and tidy is all that is needed.

I believe that we will be installing big screens on the insides of the stands in the close season. Unsure of quantity or where.

Edited by FFSJohn

21 hours ago, Toffee Jambo said:

Safe standing, fill in the corners and bring back firework Phil for the big games. Playing more Hearts songs would also help. 

You would need to rebuild the stadium to fill in the corners.

The Grim Reaper
14 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed. It is a measure of how football and society has changed that when I first watched Hearts no-one thought of complaining about the quality of paintwork, the aesthetics of the ground or even having to piss in the open air against a wall above an overflowing drain.

Things have thankfully moved on but speaking of the aesthetics I find a lot of the suggestions on the thread objectionable. Tacky graphics on the side of the stands. Cheap images of Hearts greats. Naming of stands for former players. The ground needs smartening up but the basic design and structure is given the limited footprint available close to perfect. Keep it clean and tidy is all that is needed.

Good post. 

• 3 months later...

With the big screens going up over the summer, it might be a good time to ponder doing something like this at the same time :whistling:

upgotheheads

I've never understood the need  to decorate things that are fine as they're. Too many kickbackers on her channelling their inner housewife.

45 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I've never understood the need  to decorate things that are fine as they're. Too many kickbackers on her channelling their inner housewife.

Get this fella on the case. 🤭

Screenshot_20220529-194314_Google.jpg

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

correct

Percival King

It used to be really exciting going along to Tynecastle at the start of the new season to see what changes had been made in the close season - one year they'd painted Capital Decorators and their logo on the gable end of shed roof, exciting times!

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, Percival King said:

It used to be really exciting going along to Tynecastle at the start of the new season to see what changes had been made in the close season - one year they'd painted Capital Decorators and their logo on the gable end of shed roof, exciting times!

Smith’s Menswear stickers on the benches one season. 

Tynecastle? Don’t you mean the Bernabeu? 

I thought this was a Real Madrid forum? 

🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Percival King
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Smith’s Menswear stickers on the benches one season. 

And from said benches we had a great view of the John Robertson Lounge and its sloping windaes. Hospitality had arrived at Tynecastle!

Perth to Paisley

In 2019 I offered to buy paint for some 'art' like they have in new stand but nobody phoned me back!

Had their chance.

Think the steps could do with a bit white paint - I may volunteer 

upgotheheads
22 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Get this fella on the case. 🤭

Screenshot_20220529-194314_Google.jpg

He appears to have seven fingers on his left hand. Must be a Hibbie.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Don't get the obsession with this, as football supporters all we want is success on the pitch surely

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't get the obsession with this, as football supporters all we want is success on the pitch surely

Always helps to have a good looking pad to bring the hotties home to 

46 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He appears to have seven fingers on his left hand. Must be a Hibbie.

And only 4 on his right, definitely a Hibbie.