"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

30 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Have they?

Don't remember him being outstanding at the rangers

Just going on Rangers fans reactions to the move. He was voted there Young player of the season in 16/17 despite only playing half the season. Admittedly I don’t remember him doing much but seems to be rated very highly. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Make Some Noise..

Take Hibs out of the equation, I'm delighted that a Scottish club has stood strong, got an unbelievable amount of money for a guy who has spent his whole career to date in Scotland and who had only 12 months to run on his contract. Oh and f****** over Celtic to boot. :clap:

Edited by So Make Some Noise..

Gavsy Van Gaverson
9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Reeeekin of immaturity...again

Can I have the first example of that?

Cheers.

13 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Take Hibs out of the equation, I'm delighted that a Scottish club has stood strong, got an unbelievable amount of money for a guy who has spent his whole career to date in Scotland and who had only 12 months to run on his contract. Oh and f****** over Celtic to boot. :clap:

:spoton: Will help all Scottish clubs in future sales.  The standard up here is nowhere near as bad as folk make out. 

I’m firmly of the view that Brown’s £4m sale to Celtic set the foundations for us getting £9m for Gordon.

McGinn’s sale for example places the value of Souttar at at least £3m - longer contract left but you always get less for defenders.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

The rangers :happy:, anyway,  i better inform my hobo neighbour his idol has gone, kept saying he would not go .

I was gonna write the huns but decided against it incase of uproar here lol the "the" just stayed 

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Just going on Rangers fans reactions to the move. He was voted there Young player of the season in 16/17 despite only playing half the season. Admittedly I don’t remember him doing much but seems to be rated very highly. 

Cool, cant remember much from him myself. 

Edited by MacPhee

maroonnicky63

Brilliant that he has moved to Villa as that is a kick in the teeth to Celtic who think they can come along and get players for a song , they were more than confident at getting him and made a complete arse of themselves by assuming it was a done deal.

I hope they get stuffed next week

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

He may well be decent. No point pretending otherwise. But IIRC in 16/17 I can't help but think the competition for Rangers young player of the year wouldn't have been that fierce given the average age of their team was about 35. I also don't think any young players from that season are still in their team?

The Old Tolbooth

The Jungle Jims are getting extremely restless about their lack of transfer activity, and with Hibs not bending over (for once).  it's upset them even more, personally I'm delighted that Hibs have done this to them as it leaves them high and dry, and if they go out of the CL next week, even better! 

In the meantime, Hibs are now much weaker without their midfield pair that made them tick, they've pocketed approx £1.8m after St Mirren and McGinn get their cuts, they've already used some of that to sign McLaren (who was nothing but average last season), and they're about to be hit by 3 European fines for their fans behaviour in Greece, and this is all before The Tache pockets his wee share as well ;) 

Good luck to him. Delighted he didn’t go to Celtic as his development will improve down south. £23k a week is a big jump from anything he was on at Hibs. 

And I don’t care what anyone says, Hibs will miss him.

17 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He may well be decent. No point pretending otherwise. But IIRC in 16/17 I can't help but think the competition for Rangers young player of the year wouldn't have been that fierce given the average age of their team was about 35. I also don't think any young players from that season are still in their team?

Very true, Barrie McKay is the only one that springs to mind from that team. 

Edited by karipidis

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, MacPhee said:

I was gonna write the huns but decided against it incase of uproar here lol the "the" just stayed 

:laugh:, yes you have to watch what your saying.  

PhoenixHearts

I'm a little confused as to why the screenshot below is a top result when googling a player who has moved from HIBS to ASTON VILLA.

It's all about Celtic, evidently... 

Not going to lie, this transfer makes me happy on two fronts. Hibs are weaker (they were much weaker anyway without McGeough) AND Celtic have been KB'd.

Decent. 

Screenshot_20180809-193304_Chrome.jpg

Edited by PhoenixHearts

They're being a bit defiant on .bankdefaulters.  Despite having lost their 3 best players who couldn't wait to get out the door, they still think they will be a force to be reckoned with.

They think the McG money will buy them a few superstars but the older ones know better.  When the golden generation were flogged off, the cash went straight into the pockets of Rod and Tommy.  The club hit skid row and had to be bailed out by the same gents to the cost of innocent taxpayers.

Deja vu I'm afraid and the older ones know it.  

Seymour M Hersh

Just had a look at the Birmingham Mail's site to see if they'd put a value on the banjo boy transfer. Went to the specific Villa pages and couldn't even see an article about them signing him!! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Unbelievable technique.  Demi almost scored one similar today but some big clogger heed from Ferrari Thistle got in the road of it.

Ferranti Thistle.......aarh  just seen auto correct lol 

Edited by GYL

Scores an absolute screamer, yet still gets beat 2-1.

Not playing for Hibs anymore, but still feeling the same pain :rofl:

Up ye :lol:

chester copperpot
7 hours ago, tian447 said:

:lol:

Huge club sitting 13th in the 2nd tier.  Early days I know but if they are still round about there when Santa gets there they will be wondering if super john is the answer.

Good luck to him though.  Turning his back on Celtic was superb.

9 hours ago, tian447 said:

Yup.