• Maroon Sailor

• Radio Ga Ga

• luckyBatistuta

• ¼½¾

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Morgan said:

6536D5C0-31BA-484D-BCA3-5D14CB35C672.jpeg

That’s where my favorite gun shop is. Just opposite the primary school. 

luckyBatistuta
Just now, jb102 said:

:muggy:   Right outside a primary school and beside my mum and dads house.

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

An armed society is a polite society. 

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Which is where? Only place that I can think that fits that description is or rather was at Abbeyhill, with the hunting and fishing shop on the corner of Montrose Terrace and London Road, opposite the Artisan.  Can't remember the name of the store, which is bugging me now!

3 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Which is where? Only place that I can think that fits that description is or rather was at Abbeyhill, with the hunting and fishing shop on the corner of Montrose Terrace and London Road, opposite the Artisan.  Can't remember the name of the store, which is bugging me now!

Comiston Rd. Morningside Primary School. 

Talk about nimby seethe when it opened. 

Edinburgh Rifles and Sporting Goods.

Edited by jb102

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Pentland Place 1932

312FCE84-C558-4487-821F-7795846F6B81.jpeg

Would love to own that wee car. I’ve got a child’s electric ride on, which is a replica of Michael Schumachers record breaking F1 car (2004, think?). I’ve also got another of Juan Pablo Montoya’s BMW F1 car. My boys loved them, but they are now away in storage, can’t bring myself to sell them.

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, jb102 said:

Comiston Rd. Morningside Primary School. 

Talk about nimby seethe when it opened. 

Edinburgh Rifles and Sporting Goods.

Aye right,  bet you would never complain about anything unsavoury opening beside your house, we would all do it.

ArcticJambo

:thumbsup: 

Anybody on the hunting & fishing store on the corner of Montrose Terrace & London Road?

ArcticJambo
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Would love to own that wee car. I’ve got a child’s electric ride on, which is a replica of Michael Schumachers record breaking F1 car (2004, think?). I’ve also got another of Juan Pablo Montoya’s BMW F1 car. My boys loved them, but they are now away in storage, can’t bring myself to sell them.

I was chatting with an old guy at the bus stop in Duke Street a few weeks back, who mentioned 'guiders' ... asked me if I knew what they were, to which I said 'I'm guessing they're not an organisation for girls & young women'.  :D

Well, that lad's wee car certainly ain't your typical Leith guider!

J.T.F.Robertson
30 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Guaranteed a few winches were won in this place ?

29B0D364-3E7C-4C08-BA57-B14D3C5139C8.jpeg

Where is this? A "Northern" night?

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

I was chatting with an old guy at the bus stop in Duke Street a few weeks back, who mentioned 'guiders' ... asked me if I knew what they were, to which I said 'I'm guessing they're not an organisation for girls & young women'.  :D

Well, that lad's wee car certainly ain't your typical Leith guider!

That’s for damn sure, will be worth a few bob. I went to a woman’s house a few years back to buy a snooker table off her. When we went in, I spotted a little car that looked just like that sitting in the hallway.  I was more interested in that, she kept trying to get me away from it. There is no chance I’d have that just lying around, with the chance of getting damaged.

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

That’s for damn sure, will be worth a few bob. I went to a woman’s house a few years back to buy a snooker table off her. When we went in, I spotted a little car that looked just like that sitting in the hallway.  I was more interested in that, she kept trying to get me away from it. There is no chance I’d have that just lying around, with the chance of getting damaged.

Probably should have been in a museum.  Even today something modern like that would likely cost you a shiny penny.

J.T.F.Robertson
49 minutes ago, JT1959 said:

Nelson Print works on Dalkeith Road where Scottish Widows is now.

629122.jpg

Went to Preston Street Primary and they would hold their sports day at the playing fields, just to the right of that building.

logie green
23 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

:thumbsup: 

Anybody on the hunting & fishing store on the corner of Montrose Terrace & London Road?

field and stream i think. there was also a big tackle shop on haddington place. remeber that one? foley's?

40 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Aye right,  bet you would never complain about anything unsavoury opening beside your house, we would all do it.

59 minutes ago, jb102 said:

I had no idea that there is a gun shop there now. We lived on Comiston Road about 20-25 years ago.

Just now, Morgan said:

I had no idea that there is a gun shop there now. We lived on Comiston Road about 20-25 years ago.

The proprietor is an Old Nail. 

Before me so you may know him. 

ArcticJambo
15 minutes ago, logie green said:

field and stream i think. there was also a big tackle shop on haddington place. remeber that one? foley's?

Was it called F&S? Was that latterly just before it closed?  All I remember about it were two prominent windows either side of the door, where the light was almost blocked by swords, guns weapons, etc (iirc; prob not), and it was an orangey-brown colour then maybe royal blue.  Could have sworn it was called something with somebody's name, or something like that.  This was late 70s, through 80s.

Radio Ga Ga
50 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Where is this? A "Northern" night?

Clouds aka The Cav 

16 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Was it called F&S? Was that latterly just before it closed?  All I remember about it were two prominent windows either side of the door, where the light was almost blocked by swords, guns weapons, etc (iirc; prob not), and it was an orangey-brown colour then maybe royal blue.  Could have sworn it was called something with somebody's name, or something like that.  This was late 70s, through 80s.

Groat’s rings a bell with me. 

luckyBatistuta
34 minutes ago, logie green said:

there was also a big tackle shop on haddington place. remeber that one? foley's?

I had to pay a visit to that shop for some advice :verysmug:

Just now, Radio Ga Ga said:

Clouds aka The Cav 

Outer Limits for me

44 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Went to Preston Street Primary and they would hold their sports day at the playing fields, just to the right of that building.

The Field before the Commie Pool was built on it.

aaa.jpg

logie green
22 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/illegally-trading-weapons-dealer-avoids-jail-1-3587344

deffo field & stream 1985

17 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Clouds aka The Cav 

Or, Alton Towers - tenner to get in and all the rides are free!

Or Jurassic Park - full of dinosaurs.

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

download.jpeg.jpg.ebc7ff5174e1cc827e9d39a76a5a189b.jpg

Was there not a Field and Stream on the corner of Rose Street and Castle Street too?

Edit: think I meant Frederick, not Castle.

Edited by Morgan

10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Was there not a Field and Stream on the corner of Rose Street and Castle Street too?

Edit: think I meant Frederick, not Castle.

John Dickson and Son. 

luckyBatistuta
36 minutes ago, JT1959 said:

The Field before the Commie Pool was built on it.

aaa.jpg

Is that part of the Nelson Print Works on the corner beside the Commie Pool, or yet another church they’ve knocked down.

22 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Or, Alton Towers - tenner to get in and all the rides are free!

Or Jurassic Park - full of dinosaurs.

Never heard of it called Alton Towers, but Jurassic is one we used. 

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Came home on leave just before Christmas 1954, got a couple of dates with girls who worked there, spent a great New Years Eve with one. The lassies loved a man in uniform.

The playing fields were where the commie pool is now known as Nelsons Park, old Davie used to chase us for playing football there. I dreeped from the wall and slipping down hit my nose, it absessed, and my mother had to fight to get me treatment at the R.I. The surgeon told her if she hadn't it may have caused very serious brain damage. Some would suggest it did.

3fingersreid
15 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Is that part of the Nelson Print Works on the corner beside the Commie Pool, or yet another church they’ve knocked down.

Never heard of it called Alton Towers, but Jurassic is one we used. 

It was the Nelson Print works ??

53 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

St Cuthbert's Bread St.

Bread Street Store where you went to pick up your divi,(dividend check) for your store number which ours was 29612