• Radio Ga Ga

• luckyBatistuta

• ¼½¾

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

0_around_edinburgh_-_joppa_accident.jpg

Whats happened there then? Crowd in the middle of the road, policeman striding towards them.....Bob, is it you?

luckyBatistuta
On 17/11/2019 at 20:54, Lemongrab said:

Here's another photo from the same collection. Maybe it's somewhere round wherever this is?

206264-max.jpg

Could be Spylaw Road. The pillars both side look like they are in the right place and the iron fence on the right too, just before the junction. Looks slightly off, but I think that’s because it’s been taken from the left kerb, but google earth is in the middle of the road. There has been so many houses knocked down and others built on that road too.

AC97AFFA-01DB-409D-AFDE-B5AD368FFC6C.jpeg

AD280434-84D2-42A9-B0BA-2DD042260431.jpeg

Edited by luckyBatistuta

44 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Whats happened there then? Crowd in the middle of the road, policeman striding towards them.....Bob, is it you?

Christ I can't remember where I left my glasses, and you want me to remember that. From my brilliant powers of observation I would say its an MVA involving injury, the policeman walking to the scene could be a sergeant who as they did had a habit of attending when all the work was finished.🙂

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, bobsharp said:

Christ I can't remember where I left my glasses, and you want me to remember that. From my brilliant powers of observation I would say its an MVA involving injury, the policeman walking to the scene could be a sergeant who as they did had a habit of attending when all the work was finished.🙂

:lol:

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Somewhere in Niddrie/Craigmillar by the looks of the corner house.

That's what I thought but somebody reckons it's Crewe Road Gardens

On 17/11/2019 at 21:50, 3fingersreid said:

Hermitage Drive ? 

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Could be Spylaw Road. The pillars both side look like they are in the right place and the iron fence on the right too, just before the junction. Looks slightly off, but I think that’s because it’s been taken from the left kerb, but google earth is in the middle of the road. There has been so many houses knocked down and others built on that road too.

AC97AFFA-01DB-409D-AFDE-B5AD368FFC6C.jpeg

AD280434-84D2-42A9-B0BA-2DD042260431.jpeg

Could be any of those, though Spylaw Rd looks more like it. 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

1846142688_images(2).jpeg.b4e3ed2d7c793a01b6320182ff39307b.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's what I thought but somebody reckons it's Crewe Road Gardens

it is

60304A2D-BCE4-4E1E-A5E1-382BE13285FA.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

ssa_edin_palladium.jpg.939ec21f3c04d008c6e23c1438f8434a.jpg

Apparently this is the Palladium. No idea where it was 

Either Bread Street or Fountainbridge, near the old St Cuthberts. My mother loved that old theatre as did I Johnny Victory, Lex Maclean and others.

Indirectly it was part of the reason I met my to be wife sixty two years ago. My Wednesday night polis friends had reasons none of them were going out that night. I as a result took my mother to the first house of the Palladium. After the show and we were going for the bus she said she would buy me a pint and she would go home herself. I had a pint went to the Cavendish the first people I saw were my no going out friends, I gave them a fairly obscene c haracter desc ription, saw a beautiful what I thought was an American girl with a beautiful tan, light colored hair with sun bleaced ends, I asked her for a dance and here we are sixty two years later, and she is still as beautiful to me as then..

5 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Either Bread Street or Fountainbridge, near the old St Cuthberts. My mother loved that old theatre as did I Johnny Victory, Lex Maclean and others.

Indirectly it was part of the reason I met my to be wife sixty two years ago. My Wednesday night polis friends had reasons none of them were going out that night. I as a result took my mother to the first house of the Palladium. After the show and we were going for the bus she said she would buy me a pint and she would go home herself. I had a pint went to the Cavendish the first people I saw were my no going out friends, I gave them a fairly obscene c haracter desc ription, saw a beautiful what I thought was an American girl with a beautiful tan, light colored hair with sun bleaced ends, I asked her for a dance and here we are sixty two years later, and she is still as beautiful to me as then..

East Fountainbridge behind the St Cuthbert's Store (now the hotel) in Bread Street

Palladium.jpeg

Seymour M Hersh

I was speaking to an older chap last week and he was telling me there used to be a golf club in Cammo (closed down in the early 1920s I think he said). The clubhouse was in Cammo Road (recently knocked down and a rather splendid house built in it's place) and the course spread out behind it. It was the first time I'd heard anything about a club being there?

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

20191119_172057.jpg.a05cdb4adf5b87069c723f4be8a42e9e.jpg

I can see my house where I spent the first 11 years of my life👌

4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

L-1055985-1506001813-1959.jpeg.jpg.186f7210946cf446bab830f9638318ac.jpg

nirvanacalton261090.jpg

Fekn grumpy old #### has a lot to answer for. Place was there long before he showed up🤬

35 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Where is this and what's the name of the pub - I can't make it out even after zooming in.

Edinphoto has it as East Adam Street. It must be the one here.

Screenshot-1.png

2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

A friend sent me this the other day - no idea what year its from but it looks like early 1920/30s

Black Swan Bar now Deacon Brodie's.jpg

Top of Cockburn Street on the Royal Mile

15 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Top of Cockburn Street on the Royal Mile

Further up.  That's Deacon Brodie's on the corner.

Edit: Maybe it isn't the other building don't look right.

Edited by Lemongrab

2 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Further up.  That's Deacon Brodie's on the corner.

I read it as The Black Swan, which was on the corner of Cockburn St and Royal Mile ?

2 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

I read it as The Black Swan, which was on the corner of Cockburn St and Royal Mile ?

Aye, hence my edit while you were posting. :D