Ali Crawford

reaths17

Just now, maroonnicky63 said:

sorry that has gone right over my head, what's your point. He turns out for training so that means he loves Hearts. OK THEN

Does it mean he hates us? OK THEN

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1874robbo

• maroonnicky63

• Mikey1874

• Cruyff Turn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maroonnicky63
Just now, 1874robbo said:

Does it mean he hates us? OK THEN

Where have you been ??, oh  I get it he wants to come to Hearts so all a sudden he is a class act although many many times on here he has been slated because of his negative and over the top comments of Hearts letting him go. Remember his little spout with Kitchen after we beat them at Tyncastle ( of course you don't )

4 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Where have you been ??, oh  I get it he wants to come to Hearts so all a sudden he is a class act although many many times on here he has been slated because of his negative and over the top comments of Hearts letting him go. Remember his little spout with Kitchen after we beat them at Tyncastle ( of course you don't )

But I thought Kitchen was only good for pointing? 

From my point of view, the opposite has happened.  He has been argued by many to be the "type of player" we should be looking to sign.  If Lennon had taken him on trial the view would've been we'd missed a trick, no doubt.  

As we have taken him on trial, we should now focus on how he is a "gobshite", how angry he was about being released, and a spat (spout?) he had with the legend that is Rudi.......Kitchen.

My recollection of what he said  was that he was released by Hearts for being too small. A reporter then asked if he felt he had a point to prove and he said he had and would love to show hearts were wrong. This may not be a direct quote but it’s how I remember it and I have no problem with what was said, taken in this context. I don’t think anyone could honestly say they didn’t have a bit of a grudge in any similar situation. If he shows he’s good enough on trial, I would support him as long as he continues to play in a manner that shows that he IS good enough.

Edited by Tatlock
Auto text errors

18 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Just checking, that you're actually 63 years old...?

Unbelievable, an adult getting their knickers in a twist because a young footballer said 'slightly' negative things (yet understandable) when he left our club...you know, when we released him and I'd imagine he was completely gutted.

Jesus, you're right we should hound him out of his trial...how dare he!

Edited by Deviskan

Escobar PHM
3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I think you could be right.  Hope we can play our part and get behind the players and the management. It would make a difference

I agree. If your having a seige mentality the fans have to be part of it. As far as I’m concerned everyone, including Levein, starts with a clean sheet from now on. There is no point in us having any other mindset at the start of a new season

30 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

So what did he say then?

When I was in the same company he repeated his comments from 2-3 years ago when he scored against us(sure Paterson was sent off in the same game)  basically saying he’d been desperate to score against us, get it up John Murray etc only in person his language was slightly more colourful than what he said to the papers

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

When I was in the same company he repeated his comments from 2-3 years ago when he scored against us(sure Paterson was sent off in the same game)  basically saying he’d been desperate to score against us, get it up John Murray etc only in person his language was slightly more colourful than what he said to the papers

Seems fair enough.

31 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Point to me where I’ve said in any of my posts he’s a “class act” my whole point on these posts are posters like yourself getting his knickers all wet because a young player rejected by a club wanted to show them they’d made a mistake.

calm down precious ffs 

7 minutes ago, Ribble said:

So we shouldn’t sign him because of that? Hmm seems fair enough.

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

There are plenty of people on here said far worse about John Murray to be fair.

Fxxx the SPFL

He won't be coming to us and English football is out (unless it's a hefty salary) as his girlfriend does'nt want to move from their home in Motherwell. He would like to go to Hibs but that's down to them punting McGinn and McGeoch.

He is training with us and seemingly if he picks up an injury it's Hearts responsibility that's what i was told this morning. I don't know if this is common practice that we are responsible for any injuries when a player is merely training with a team.

22 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Just checking, that you're actually 63 years old...?

I demand to see the birth certificate 

maybe the trial is more about attitude after all that has been said and done rather than ability alone. Levein may like him as a player but have doubts about his attitude because of the fact he was released by someone who is still here and then what the boy has said himself.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

He won't be coming to us and English football is out (unless it's a hefty salary) as his girlfriend does'nt want to move from their home in Motherwell. He would like to go to Hibs but that's down to them punting McGinn and McGeoch.

He is training with us and seemingly if he picks up an injury it's Hearts responsibility that's what i was told this morning. I don't know if this is common practice that we are responsible for any injuries when a player is merely training with a team.

The injury bit sounds like nonsense Ray. 

14 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

He would like to go to Hibs but instead he is training with Hearts. That makes sense.

11 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

He would like to go to Hibs so he's went on trial with Hearts?  His girlfriend loves Motherwell?  

What does it mean for the club to take responsibility for an injury?  I have no idea what it is supposed to imply.  

Fxxx the SPFL
35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The injury bit sounds like nonsense Ray. 

I know iv'e never heard of that but the person i spoke to was adament that was the case.

36 minutes ago, Gav M said:

maybe the trial is more about attitude after all that has been said and done rather than ability alone. Levein may like him as a player but have doubts about his attitude because of the fact he was released by someone who is still here and then what the boy has said himself.

Think it will be a combination of this and seeing where he fits into the team, if he works with the midfielders we have already.

Wouldn't be adverse to having him here, but not my 1st choice either. Thought he was destined to be Hibs bound after they lost McGeoch and maybe McGinn too

Fxxx the SPFL
27 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

He would like to go to Hibs but instead he is training with Hearts. That makes sense.

I'm only passing on what i was told. He possibly feels he has a better chance of siging for the Hobbits if they get rid of McGinn and McGeoch at present we have plenty midfielders so he would be lucky to get a game.

doctor jambo

End of the day he's merely another "almost man" who has the talent, but cannot perform consistently enough to interest the bigger clubs anywhere.

You can see the skill there and the ability,

but the lack of consistency makes him yet another ten-a-penny  "not quite"

44 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. 

Mental that people are taken in by what other say, even when it's complete nonsense.

59 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Not at all, I was previously happy enough we took a chance on Danny Swanson who has said far worse about Hearts but that was because I think he's a decent player. I said that I didn't want us to sign Ali Crawford because I think we now have enough cover at CM and didn't want Cochrane stagnating and having less game time due to a player I don't think he can learn much from tbh (as opposed to not playing because of someone like Naismith that harry can learn from).

IF Crawford signs and plays he'll get the same support I give to anyone playing in maroon. 

3 hours ago, Alan_R said:

“It was good to get one over them.

“They let me go as I was too small, hence my celebration when I got down on my knees and showed them how much it meant to me.

It was a great feeling, especially as it was the first time I’d played against them 

professionally since they let me leave the club.

“I was at Hearts from when I was nine until I was 15-years-old, so six years, and then I've been here ever since.

“I was at Hearts from when I was nine until I was 15-years-old, so six years, and then I've been here ever since.

“It was John Murray, who was the Head of Youth at that point,. Ultimately it was his decision, so unlucky to them, eh!

“It is, it was hard to take at the time. I had to go and rebuild my career after I left.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ali-crawford-comes-back-haunt-6352058

The article around the quotes is set up to belittle hearts. Reading the quotes now them in themselves isn't that bad. It wouldn't lead me to think he "hates us" anyway.

Plus I'm shocked John Murray is still in a job anyway. Regardless of Crawford's ability I think he's been shown to make a lot of dubious recommendations over the past few years.

When I read that I think that's exactly type of player I want in the centre of the pitch. Someone that is passionate and wants to win, last season we started with Cowie, Callachan and Djoum in there, nice and neat but when things not going our way they went hiding.  Things improved slightly with the emergence of Cochrane and addition of Adao.

Crawford would be an very astute signing.

23 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I know iv'e never heard of that but the person i spoke to was adament that was the case.

You may have a point although I'm not sure what the relevance is.  If he is "training" with us (ie we're doing him a favour) then I think he will be doing so at his own risk, unless  of course there was wanton neglect on the the club's part.

If he is "on trial" with us I'd guess he'd be treated as a temporary employee and would be covered for injury.

Nookie Bear
16 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

End of the day he's merely another "almost man" who has the talent, but cannot perform consistently enough to interest the bigger clubs anywhere.

You can see the skill there and the ability,

but the lack of consistency makes him yet another ten-a-penny  "not quite"

Does that not apply to nearly every signing we are making, plus quite a few of the current squad?

Whitecapjambo

I'd say fair-play to the boy for going on trial. As a fairly established pro I wold assume he has some kind of offers on the table (probably not what he is alooking for). It's rare for a known-quantity to go on trail domestically and to me this points to him having a decent attitude. If he does well and earns a contract then best of luck to him and to Hearts for making it work. From the little I've seen of him (hihglights against us mainly), he seems to have a bit of a spark about his play that we lack. I don't think any of our signings so far really have that about them.

Why on Earth would Hearts be liable for an out of contract player training with them?

An agreement has been reached between the player and the club for him to use the facilities.

If he’s injured during his time here then thems the breaks.

Given that, I’m gonna take the rest of the post with a pinch of salt.

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ray. You are a good bloke and talk sense but the injury bit seems unlikely.

Did you get this from someone close to the club, as I believe you have 'contacts' ?

No a relation of his Jonno

Fxxx the SPFL
25 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You may have a point although I'm not sure what the relevance is.  If he is "training" with us (ie we're doing him a favour) then I think he will be doing so at his own risk, unless  of course there was wanton neglect on the the club's part.

If he is "on trial" with us I'd guess he'd be treated as a temporary employee and would be covered for injury.

What i was told was that he was training with us but they did not say if he was on trial or not, there's nothing on the official Hearts website so i'm not sure if that has any relevance usually they highlight if a player is on trial.

gorgieheart
1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

So, he is training with Hearts...but really really wants to go to Hibs.... surely if he wanted to go to hibs that much he would be asking for training facilities with an eye on impressing the yellow toothed one with his effort  ?

That bit , about Hearts being responsible if Crawford was to pick up an injury is total rot !

The boy has a bit of dig about him, which is what we are missing in the middle of the park, his history could well work in our favour, he has a point to prove !

If he would like to go to hibs, let him fecking train there then.  Feck em

We shouldn't be signing him because he's pish, not something he said a few years ago.  He's not good enough to improve our team from last season.   

4 minutes ago, TheAntiHibee said:

Would of preferred Scott Fraser.

Fraser said he wouldn't come to us because some of our fans use of instead of have. Sorry mate.  

Seymour M Hersh

200w.gif

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

There are plenty of people on here said far worse about John Murray to be fair.

Bang on frank 

54 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Not at all, I was previously happy enough we took a chance on Danny Swanson who has said far worse about Hearts but that was because I think he's a decent player. I said that I didn't want us to sign Ali Crawford because I think we now have enough cover at CM and didn't want Cochrane stagnating and having less game time due to a player I don't think he can learn much from tbh (as opposed to not playing because of someone like Naismith that harry can learn from).

IF Crawford signs and plays he'll get the same support I give to anyone playing in maroon. 

Fair do’s mate that’s fair enough.

TheAntiHibee
5 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Fraser said he wouldn't come to us because some of our fans use of instead of have. Sorry mate.  

Ha................ Dying of laughter.

7 minutes ago, Elmore said:

He could of, and may be even should of, giving us an other chance

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

He could of, and may be even should of, giving us an other chance

Him give us another chance?  That's very nice of him. 

2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

I agree. If your having a seige mentality the fans have to be part of it. As far as I’m concerned everyone, including Levein, starts with a clean sheet from now on. There is no point in us having any other mindset at the start of a new season

the siege mentality is required from our own fans not the opposition, look at the abuse crawfords getting and he's no even signed.

hearts fans are the biggest whingiest/moaning faced/bairns in Scotland, worse than glory hunters who follow the infirm....SUPPORT.....from hearts fans, not likely, out with the big swords when they get behind you.....just waiting their chance to get stuck in........one weeeeeee/tiny mistake and your getting it.

or at least that's the way it looks on here, every thread a whingefest and my experiences the past few seasons backs this up, been a long time since hearts fans backed their team.

TheAntiHibee
1 minute ago, reaths17 said:

the siege mentality is required from our own fans not the opposition, look at the abuse crawfords getting and he's no even signed.

hearts fans are the biggest whingiest/moaning faced/bairns in Scotland, worse than glory hunters who follow the infirm....SUPPORT.....from hearts fans, not likely, out with the big swords when they get behind you.....just waiting their chance to get stuck in........one weeeeeee/tiny mistake and your getting it.

or at least that's the way it looks on here, every thread a whingefest and my experiences the past few seasons backs this up, been a long time since hearts fans backed their team.

Right, pal.

1 minute ago, TheAntiHibee said:

Right, pal.

getting a DD doesn't give you the right to rip the pish outta any of the players your supposed to be supporting, you contribute towards the finances you don't exclusively own the club, which seems to be the the opinion of the god given(paid for) right tae say what they want.

grumpyespana
2 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I smell Sh@te  guys lol.

3 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Him give us another chance?  That's very nice of him. 

He's a very nice man when you get to know him.  He doesn't care much for grammar but the 'of' thing infuriates him.  I kind have understand his point.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/674282/dundee-united-Scott-Fraser-why-I-said-no-to-Hearts

"It is just the sheer ridiculousness of it.  It is one thing using the wrong 'their' or 'to' but it is a whole new low using 'of' instead of 'have'.  I can't go there" said Fraser  

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

Over the last few weeks, there has been a general air of positivity over the new and potential signings - even though some (like me) have expressed reservations over their quality - and the tendency has been to look for the good in players, rather than focus on things like their career paths which are not always impressive.

So i think you're reading it wrong.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

getting a DD doesn't give you the right to rip the pish outta any of the players your supposed to be supporting, you contribute towards the finances you don't exclusively own the club, which seems to be the the opinion of the god given(paid for) right tae say what they want.

Sorry pal, if I think they are shit I am going to say so. However when they step out at Tynecastle I will offer encouragement