Ali Crawford

reaths17

Saint Jambo

Seems Ali Crawford is becoming a great example of why Hearts are often in a no win situation with transfers. Views on Crawford appear to have changed massively in the last 12-18months from someone that was an example of the kind of proven spfl player Hearts should sign but wouldn't, the kind of player Aberdeen would sign, to someone that lots of supporters view as not being our level. He was also regularlly held up as an example of the failures of our youth system. It may be that views haven't changed and that it just who is shouting loudest that has changed. Maybe it is natural that those who are unhappy make their voice heard, but it does give the impression that Hearts fans a block are generally negative.

My view is that I'd be happy to see Crawford at Hearts. He might not be who we would want to play against Celtic as maybe doesn't offer enough, but against the poorer teams in the league another player that can create a goal from nothing would be welcome.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1874robbo

• maroonnicky63

• Mikey1874

• Cruyff Turn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Crawford would be a good signing. And a replacement finally for Jamie Walker, a guy that plays just between the midfield and attack. Something we're missing :thumbsup:

That's Naismith surely.

Really hope we can sign him permanently.

Always seen Crawford sit a little deeper than that at Hamilton and get forward whenever possible.

He comes across as a bit Hibernian-esque to me. Lousy attitude, gobby, the type that Hibs tend to sign and a nippy little scrote.

If we had to sign someone from Hamilton i'd rather we brought Templeton back. he knows the club inside out, he only left because he was forced out. I feel he has unfinished business at Tynie and now, at 29, is the perfect time to come back and prove himself. The quality of a lot of his crosses is something the likes of Lafferty will relish.

Edited by jambonian

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

That's Naismith surely.

Really hope we can sign him permanently.

Always seen Crawford sit a little deeper than that at Hamilton and get forward whenever possible.

That's them, I suppose everyone has defence duties in that team, I think Levein is quite right to have a look at him first. If he's good enough I reckon he could be a crucial part of the team next season

10 minutes ago, jambonian said:

He comes across as a bit Hibernian-esque to me. Lousy attitude, gobby, the type that Hibs tend to sign and a nippy little scrote.

If we had to sign someone from Hamilton i'd rather we brought Templeton back. he knows the club inside out, he only left because he was forced out. I feel he has unfinished business at Tynie and now, at 29, is the perfect time to come back and prove himself. The quality of a lot of his crosses is something the likes of Lafferty will relish.

Agree about Templeton, would much rather have him than Crawford

Tennant's  6's
22 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Spot on.

one of the few players these days that takes players on, rather then just looking for an easy pass.

he's proved himself over the last season or so at Hamilton. and like you say, he'd maybe have the bit between the teeth,  making up for lost time 

Phil Dunphy

No issues if we’re giving him a trial. If he doesn’t impress, then we don’t sign him up. 

Pretty simple, not sure why anyone would have an issue with this. 

1 hour ago, johnmitchell said:

I've a friend of mine who's a Hamilton fan as well (between us we must know all of them! :lol:) and he says exactly the same, he wouldn't be bothered if Crawford left as he's a one in ten game type player who is vastly over rated, he's a very good judge of player as well and no dafty, so I trust him on this one. 

:spoton:

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Not a bad player ability wise but I don’t expect him to start don’t really see where’s he fits in other than an impact player from the bench already got similar players.

His attitude is poor also it’ll end up being the same story with Danny swanson, complaing due to his lack of game time. For me personally I would of preffered Templeton, better suited to what we need at the moment.

2 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

He's better than Cowie and Callaghan.

Sign him.

That really shouldn't be our barometer. We've signed Lee and Edwards who on the face of it are better than them but unsure to what extent. 

people saying that they would rather have temps than Crawford do realise they are completely different types of player? if we do have an interest in temps, Crawford being on trial (or even signed) would not impact that as they are different positions.

ford donald
7 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

He's better than Cowie and Callaghan.

Sign him.

So is Templeton.

Cruyff Turn

It's hard to like any Hamilton player tbh.

Ali Crawford?  I'd probably pass tbf. If Crawford's trial hastens Callachans exist though, then good can come of it. 

INNERLEITHEN HMFC 1874

Only really see Crawford when he plays against us and now and again on the telly.

Would do a turn in my opinion based on what i have seen,but as as i say dont see him a lot.

No thanks. It speaks loudly that in 3 good seasons (apparently) Hamilton never had to fend off another club trying to sign him. Turns up occasionally and has a chip on his shoulder, not what we need, and not good enough even without those issues.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I’d take templeTon back for wide left 

If Crawford wants to sign for a cheapish wage on an 18 month deal then it is low risk 

May one-six

Not for me, thanks. He was giving the big 'get it up ye' to Hearts fans in the new stand when they scored at Tynie last season. He and McKinnon were being a right couple of scrotes.

rudi must stay
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

FFS appears to have substance. Not amused

Wearethegorgieboys on instagram says he's agreed to join us for pre season

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Offers more than Martin on probably a fraction of the wage. Would like to think better is available though.

A garden gnome offers more than Martin due to our gaffer being not keen and wanting to punt him. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Wearethegorgieboys on instagram says he's agreed to join us for pre season

Banderson EN article confident 

rudi must stay
30 minutes ago, Tazio said:

No thanks. It speaks loudly that in 3 good seasons (apparently) Hamilton never had to fend off another club trying to sign him. Turns up occasionally and has a chip on his shoulder, not what we need, and not good enough even without those issues.

Hard to sell if you are Hamilton I'd think. Never a successful team so their players probably don't interest anyone. He's scored some crackers v us and everyone else

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Banderson EN article confident 

Suggests he'd like a move here before anything on the table. Excellent

Edited by rudi must stay

As I said before we made tentative enquiries about him last summer and in January so it comes as no surprise. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Not a fan I have to say. Seems to me it's a headcount thing. Just don't fancy many of these to improve us at all

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He's a Hearts supporter is he not?

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Not a fan I have to say. Seems to me it's a headcount thing. Just don't fancy many of these to improve us at all

Means a fight for places though, the cream always comes to the top as they say.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Means a fight for places though, the cream always comes to the top as they say.

True. We didn't have that at all last season 

Good creative player for SPL level. This is the type of signing that has made Aberdeen consistent. I think he’d do well in more forward thinking team.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Garrincha said:

Good creative player for SPL level. This is the type of signing that has made Aberdeen consistent. I think he’d do well in more forward thinking team.

Agree with you 

Decent young player and could be even better within a better team and with a better standard of player around him.

as a free agent I think signing him is a no brainier.

1 minute ago, Le Chat said:

Always reminded me of Willo Flood, but slightly less ugly.

Harsh on Crawford imo

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

So this actually happening :sob:

I'm trying to remain positive but it's getting harder. Crawford is a wee shitehawk and hope he's nowhere near our team. Genuinely dislike him.

Has often played well against us. Heard it said that it is because he has a point to prove. If this is the case and he is able to make his point with us, then he would be a good signing. Seems a gamble though...

Not sure where all this chat about bad attitude is coming from?

Few stats from last season despite only playing for around half of it.

He came 6th overall for player creating 'scoring chance key passes' per 90 minutes (0.77)

And was 1st overall for shots on goal attempts from outside the box - 63

6 hours ago, reaths17 said:

levein keen to take Crawford on trial, according to the d.expresss.  seems a strange one, surely he knows what crawfords all about.

6 hours ago, goldie83 said:

I’ve got three Hamilton fans at work(all connected to the same family before anyone asks!!) and they’re not even that bothered that he was leaving in the first place. “Flatters to deceive“  and “one good game in ten” were a couple of the quotes. This was weeks ago before today’s revelation.

Get to see his attitude and fitness.

ShuckyDuckyQuackQauck

All I remember reading on fan forums last summer is Ali Crawford is the exactly the type of player we should be after and there wasn't much opposition to this thought.  I don't know what's happened in the last year. 

IMO our biggest problem last season was midfield- we had no options, we couldn't hold on to possession and struggled to make passes and getting the ball forward to create chances. 

And Ali Crawford would improve our first team from start of last season in which we didn't have a creative midfielder. And is a player that many many fans have been demanding for sereveral seasons now.  At the very least if we do choose to give him a contract he will be adding much needed depth in a position we have struggled with due to quality and often injures. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, ShuckyDuckyQuackQauck said:

All I remember reading on fan forums last summer is Ali Crawford is the exactly the type of player we should be after and there wasn't much opposition to this thought.  I don't know what's happened in the last year. 

IMO our biggest problem last season was midfield- we had no options, we couldn't hold on to possession and struggled to make passes and getting the ball forward to create chances. 

And Ali Crawford would improve our first team from start of last season in which we didn't have a creative midfielder. And is a player that many many fans have been demanding for sereveral seasons now.  At the very least if we do choose to give him a contract he will be adding much needed depth in a position we have struggled with due to quality and often injures. 

No-one made an objection last year because most of us never thought it was likely he would Join. We should be signing much better than Crawford.  My opinion on him has not changed.

Escobar PHM
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Me neither. Its like buying a bag of apples well past their date.  Bargain but you know you'll get 3 or 4 decent ones but the rest will end up in the bin.

You'd have been as well just buying 3-4 nice fresh apples.

You never know though. Sometimes you sign the right 'types' and they form bond and you get more out of them than the sum of the parts.