Milinkovic signs for Hull ( updated )

Section Q

maroonnicky63
2 minutes ago, GingaNinja said:

Serious question and not having a dig (because I agree that the word legend is thrown about to much in the modern game) but that said , what is your definition of a Legend ?? what makes a player a Legend in your eye's ?? I'd say for instance the entire 98 team that won the Scottish cup are legends , not so much the 2006 team but the 2012 team that won should also be held in high regard Legend status for me !! why because they all shared in huge moments in my life and every Hearts fans lives ........ As for Rudi Skacel , well Legend for me for what he did on and off the park . Selling pints in our moment of need just scrapes the surface !! 

If you hold him as a legend then he is one in your eyes and that's fine. I hold the ones in my heart as legends because they played for the love of the game and the love for Hearts , they earned a pittance in comparison to what players earn now and that's not there fault to be fare everything is about money. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, GingaNinja said:

Serious question and not having a dig (because I agree that the word legend is thrown about to much in the modern game) but that said , what is your definition of a Legend ?? what makes a player a Legend in your eye's ?? I'd say for instance the entire 98 team that won the Scottish cup are legends , not so much the 2006 team but the 2012 team that won should also be held in high regard Legend status for me !! why because they all shared in huge moments in my life and every Hearts fans lives ........ As for Rudi Skacel , well Legend for me for what he did on and off the park . Selling pints in our moment of need just scrapes the surface !! 

+1. Not only great on the park, not just off it, the spirit of the club he embraced. Makes him a legend in my book

Saying that the word “legend” is overused is one of these common opinions in football that linger around and become so clicheic that they stop being true/ relevant.

Football pundits have long exhausted the saying “you can’t compare them, they’re completely different players” to the point where it was, at a time, the first words off their lips and you couldn’t compare any players anymore.

Similarly, the opinion that the word ‘legend’ is overused has surely gone overboard when folk start saying Rudi Skacel is not a Hearts legend? What’s a guy got to do?

maroonnicky63
1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Anybody who watched Paterson knew he would be going places, 

if you didn’t see it your blind in my opinion. 

He came through the youth academy as a striker, debuted as a striker, so pointing out he’s not that’s good at defending, doesn’t take a genuis. 

the only one blind here is you if you didn't read some of the comments on here about Paterson when he was going through a bad time or did you choose to ignore them and pretend that everyone on here just said nice things about him

GingaNinja
1 minute ago, maroonnicky63 said:

If you hold him as a legend then he is one in your eyes and that's fine. I hold the ones in my heart as legends because they played for the love of the game and the love for Hearts , they earned a pittance in comparison to what players earn now and that's not there fault to be fare everything is about money. 

Yeah I hear that thought process but I feel it's flawed in that by your way off thinking Hearts will never have another Legend again nor any other team for that matter as they all get paid way to much .......... seems a shame tbh . 

maroonnicky63
1 minute ago, GingaNinja said:

Yeah I hear that thought process but I feel it's flawed in that by your way off thinking Hearts will never have another Legend again nor any other team for that matter as they all get paid way to much .......... seems a shame tbh . 

Good point but players don't tend to stay at clubs long nowt to become legends as money tends to dictate that

GingaNinja
6 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Good point but players don't tend to stay at clubs long nowt to become legends as money tends to dictate that

Yep I totally agree with you on that point , but it does happen that a player can and will show loyalty to a club . I don't want to bang on about him but Rudi has shown everything you talk about to Hearts as an example (Possibly Paul Hartley as well ?? although not as openly but certainly on the park) 

Rudi Skacel has scored three goals in two Cup finals which we won, that is legendary

Dave Mackay played for hearts for just 6 years and is head and shoulders above players like Walter kidd and Gary mackay in terms of legend status despite their longevity imo

For me to be legendary takes more than being good enough to play but limited enough to not leave (like hibs legends Lewis Stevenson and Paul hanlon), being a legend means that you've made a lasting positive impact and contribution, the hearts team of the late fifties and early sixties are most definitely on their own tier, but our biggest contributors in Cup wins since then deserve to be acknowledged as legends imo and rudi has two medals

SuperstarSteve
36 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

the only one blind here is you if you didn't read some of the comments on here about Paterson when he was going through a bad time or did you choose to ignore them and pretend that everyone on here just said nice things about him

You came across as if you were having a pop at people for claiming they seen Paterson’s talent early doors, as in anyone who thought Paterson would make it was talking rubbish.

if that isn’t the case and it doesn’t look to be then my humble apologies. 

completely different situation if folk Are contradicting themselves. 

4 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

He came through the youth academy as a striker, debuted as a striker, so pointing out he’s not that’s good at defending, doesn’t take a genuis. 

Was just about to post the same thing! Also totally agree the word legend is overused but not in the case of Rudi Skacel!

Come on!

3 hours ago, GingaNinja said:

8D4A12A9-14D7-445C-A41C-E234B9781155.gif

8 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

coming from you that is hilarious:laugh: how dare anyone support players and ex players ,SHOCKING

Oh and by the way I bet you are one of the supporters who always knew Paterson would make it.

Why would anyone not think Paterson would make it? Big , strong , powerful , driven , finisher , gets stuck in , control his hotheadedness and he fits exactly what teams look for down south to be successful? 

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why would anyone not think Paterson would make it? Big , strong , powerful , driven , finisher , gets stuck in , control his hotheadedness and he fits exactly what teams look for down south to be successful? 

Because our support is full of revisionist mentalists.  Paterson got slated for ages at times when he was clearly the best player we have brought through since Craig Gordon. 

Oh aye and anyone that didnt a lump in their throat when Rudi came home in a Arab shirt and he clapped us all isn’t emotionally functioning properly.  

Edited by Juanjo15

maroonnicky63
1 hour ago, sadj said:

its funny you know this happens all the time , a player especially a young player will go through a run of bad form , he will get pelters saying get rid, not good enough ect but as soon as he comes out of it and shows promise everyone starts saying '' I knew he would make it '' terrific player. Not counting you in this as I can't recall if you ever did have a go so no offence to you

stevie1874
9 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Yeh truth hurts eh , your getting your knickers in a twist about someone who has left the club and reading between the lines I would say you are rather bitter, sorry if that offends you but I will continue supporting players and ex players who have pulled the jersey on, unless they come back to tyncastle with another team 

Yeh truth hurts eh

Don't quite know where you get this from as I've not commented on any ex players on this thread?

I would say you are rather bitter

Bitter about what?

I have in the past commented on Jamie Walkers commitment to Hearts when he wore the jersey, but since he is no longer a Hearts player couldn't care less about him. Same applies to most players who leave Hearts i.e. Jason Holt & Milinkovic. Ill look out for Patersons progress and hope he gets the breaks his talent and attitude deserves as ultimately it could make the team i support a fair bit of money.

I merely pointed out that you seem to take comments other posters have about ex players very personal, to the point people would either think you were close friends or family ( which i don't think you are). It is a fans forum after all and people will have differing points of view.

Think you need to chill a bit? (just my opinion though) 

Unknown user

If you don't see Rudi Skacel, winner of TWO Scottish cups with us, as a Hearts legend, your opinion on players has to be taken with a pinch of salt IMO.

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, WoodenHertz said:

Milinkovic has officially signed for Hull.

36822021_1599993070110052_3534823123297763328_n.jpg

Looked better in maroon.

Always tried for us.

Helped end celtics run in embarrassing fashion.

Best of luck to him.

davemclaren
54 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If you don't see Rudi Skacel, winner of TWO Scottish cups with us, as a Hearts legend, your opinion on players has to be taken with a pinch of salt IMO.

Agreed. No-one else alive has done that...and he scored in both. Legend!!

It should have been ten
On 08/07/2018 at 17:22, jonnothejambo said:

I doubt he will cut it down there.

He moved purely for the money which is his prerogative and totally understandable.

Won't be following his career now as I will be concentrating on my team.

Basically thanks and good riddance.

Sums up my feelings too. Be interesting to see if he gets anywhere near the same adoration from the Hull support as he did at Hearts. 

One thing’s for sure no one will ever love him as much as he loves himself :laugh:

On 08/07/2018 at 17:22, jonnothejambo said:

I doubt he will cut it down there.

He moved purely for the money which is his prerogative and totally understandable.

Won't be following his career now as I will be concentrating on my team.

Basically thanks and good riddance.

I think that's overly harsh.

Money will be great but he is getting an opportunity at a pretty big club in England. One that should be aiming for promotion to the EPL.

Succeed and he's in the biggest, richest league in the world.

Not only that but he will be battling against some of the world best and he will also be lining up along side players we only dream of signing.

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

First interview up on YouTube. Flat, unimpressive

Hull or Milinkovic?

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He’s gone.  Build a bridge.  

People acting like a live torn teenager or saying he will be shite anyway and let’s see where he ends up nobody loving him as much as himself is actual tragic. 

Everyone including me was delighted a fee was agreed with Genoa now it’s all bullshit.

Good luck Davie.  Have you back any day. 

rudi must stay
53 minutes ago, WalterEgo said:

Hull or Milinkovic?

Him. To me he actually looks disappointed, when asked about Hearts. Ye, good luck to him, good footballer. One of the best signings we've made in the last few years

Bongo 1874
17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Him. To me he actually looks disappointed, when asked about Hearts. Ye, good luck to him, good footballer. One of the best signings we've made in the last few years

Wanted to be at us and is really disappointed it didn't happen just hope we can add someone of his quality or better to the team.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

What should he say that would be impressive?

8 minutes ago, jambocub said:

What should he say that would be impressive?

**** the Leeds? Grimsby? 

Allowayjambo1874

It would appear that the transfer fee was circa £200k. wages quoted at hull per week for first team player is 5 figures.  We just cannot compete with that. 

Cannot blame him, 3 year deal = over a million. 

Seriously? Rudi isn't a legend? I had the misfortune to be working in the pub trade and becoming a new father during both of Rudi's time at Hearts. I pretty much missed all of 2006 and 2012 and everything in between. But to say a man who played in two cup finals, that we won, and that he scored in both, is not a legend, is frankly pants on their head, full on wibble wibble boink mentalness. 

Ibrahim Tall

Meh, I can handle Hull. They’re a decent sized club and played in the premiership not long ago. 

Someone had told me the other day there it was Burton Albion he was going to, that would have been annoying...

7 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

It would appear that the transfer fee was circa £200k. wages quoted at hull per week for first team player is 5 figures.  We just cannot compete with that. 

Cannot blame him, 3 year deal = over a million. 

By the time his contract is up, he could buy Hull, the actual city. 

18 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Yet people took the piss out of Locke when he didn’t play him as a defender.  

Edited by Paolo

maroonnicky63
12 hours ago, Smithee said:

I have no issues at all with you or anyone else saying Rudi is a legend but IMO I thought he was a very good player who like any other player had his bad games which some fans tend to forget and that is not having a dig at him just saying he was prone to bad games like any other player , he scored some screamers and very important goals and no doubt in your eyes and many others he is a legend but I personally would not hold him as a legend.

Robbo  is a legend to me but make no mistake he had some stinkers but somehow always managed to score especially against the hibbies and purely because of this his performance during a game went unnoticed , but good on you though if you feel like that about Rudi many on here feel the same

14 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

I have no issues at all with you or anyone else saying Rudi is a legend but IMO I thought he was a very good player who like any other player had his bad games which some fans tend to forget and that is not having a dig at him just saying he was prone to bad games like any other player , he scored some screamers and very important goals and no doubt in your eyes and many others he is a legend but I personally would not hold him as a legend.

Robbo  is a legend to me but make no mistake he had some stinkers but somehow always managed to score especially against the hibbies and purely because of this his performance during a game went unnoticed , but good on you though if you feel like that about Rudi many on here feel the same

So Robbo had bad games and scored at important times and Rudi scored important goals when not playing well.

Both utterly dominated Hibs when they played.

Both have incredibly good scoring ratios (one being a midfielder) and one of these players helped win us two trophies, while the other if it hadnt been for a bit bad luck could have done the same.

However you dont feel Rudi qualifies as a legend of the club...fair enough i guess but thats bonkers in my mind.

Edited by Jamboelite

That's really weird. Was going to just write a comment and the editor automatically "restored" my content...It was a reply from Grumpy Espana to Mitch 41...

Anyways, I think it is fair to say that Hull will be giving him the money that we could not afford. All he needs to do it earn it. I'm pretty sure he can do that, so all the best to the guy. Out of our price range unfortunately...Same as Messi and Ronaldo :cornette:

Unknown user
2 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Hey it's all about opinions on here, I just can't see how the only person to have won two Scottish cups with us in the last half century doesn't qualify!

Hull Hell & Hearts
12 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

**** the Leeds? Grimsby? 

The first of these will surely follow when he's had chance to work out the local geography/Championship rivalries  :laugh: If he'd said "Allam Out" that would have gone down a storm with the 10,000 stay away supporters (and many of those who continue to go in spite of the owners) but it probably would have ended his career here before it's even started :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The move's been well received at our end (it might even persuade me to end my own boycott) but thanks in no small matter to the esteem he was held in at Hearts. It promises to be an interesting ride.

Edited by Hull Hell & Hearts

maroonnicky63
5 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

So Robbo had bad games and scored at important times and Rudi scored important goals when not playing well.

Both utterly dominated Hibs when they played.

Both have incredibly good scoring ratios (one being a midfielder) and one of these players helped win us two trophies, while the other if it hadnt been for a bit bad luck could have done the same.

However you dont feel Rudi qualifies as a legend of the club...fair enough i guess but thats bonkers in my mind.

correct but if he is a legend in your eyes then he is a legend , he isn't to me but i do consider him very highly. my team of legends would be from the 50's and 60's 

maroonnicky63
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Hey it's all about opinions on here, I just can't see how the only person to have won two Scottish cups with us in the last half century doesn't qualify!

only to me smithee if he is a legend to you then that's fine by me ,as you says it's only an opinion mate I assume I am older than you ( don't know why ) my legends would come from the 50's and 60's as I have already highlighted to another poster

Having grown up absolutely idolising Robbo and crying like a complete idiot when he held aloft the Cup on the 16th May 1998....

Rudi Skacel to me is more of a legend.

There, I said it.