Peter Haring - Centre Half : signs for Hearts ( updated )

Section Q

Austrian centre-back Peter Haring is ready to become Hearts' ninth summer signing thanks to a release clause in his contract. Haring's deal at the Austrian second division club SV Ried runs until 2019 but includes a clause allowing him to leave after they failed to secure promotion. Hearts are interested in bringing him to Scotland, according to reports in Austria. Manager Craig Levein wants to add a central defender to his squad after signing Zdenek Zlamal, Be Garuccio, Bobby Burns, Olly Lee, Ryan Edwards, Jake Mulraney, Uche Ikpeazu and Steven MacLean. Haring's market value is around £300,000. He previously played for Austria Lustenau, Rapid Vienna, Baumgarten, Schattendorf and Siegendorf Lithium:

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-eye-move-for-austrian-centre-back-1-4755977

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• rudi must stay

• JamboAl

• Clerry Jambo

Jambof3tornado

Bit of a concern that we dont know how Soapy's hip is doing. Wasted weeks if it turns out surgery is still needed.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Bit of a concern that we dont know how Soapy's hip is doing. Wasted weeks if it turns out surgery is still needed.

Not really

You don't want to just chuck him in for surgery unless its absolutely necessary. That adds weeks, if not months of recovery

Hopefully he'll be fine though!

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Though more likely EEN didn't have anything else to say about Hearts today till the transfer news broke so just rehashed this story. 

32 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Austrian centre-back Peter Haring is ready to become Hearts' ninth summer signing thanks to a release clause in his contract. Haring's deal at the Austrian second division club SV Ried runs until 2019 but includes a clause allowing him to leave after they failed to secure promotion. Hearts are interested in bringing him to Scotland, according to reports in Austria. Manager Craig Levein wants to add a central defender to his squad after signing Zdenek Zlamal, Be Garuccio, Bobby Burns, Olly Lee, Ryan Edwards, Jake Mulraney, Uche Ikpeazu and Steven MacLean. Haring's market value is around £300,000. He previously played for Austria Lustenau, Rapid Vienna, Baumgarten, Schattendorf and Siegendorf Lithium:

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-eye-move-for-austrian-centre-back-1-4755977

Wonder if Kerr was too expensive ?

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, savage said:

Not inspired by this choice but trust Craig's judgement if we get him

Please share your extensive knowledge of this player that lets you form this opinion.

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, savage said:

Not inspired by this choice but trust Craig's judgement if we get him

These ones can go either way definatly 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Bring back Romanovs FM database

Definatly. "We have access to data of over 10,000 players in Brazil"

Didn't sign any of them...

Raymond Reddington

Seems to me we have been pretty smart with our signings. ZZ, Richards and now this chap have all taken release clauses to get out of their contracts. We may not have been able to afford them other wise. These guys were not free agents so to speak. There clubs were probably gutted to lose them.

Ibrahim Tall
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Samuel Camazzola

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Shoe boxes 

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Seems to me we have been pretty smart with our signings. ZZ, Richards and now this chap have all taken release clauses to get out of their contracts. We may not have been able to afford them other wise. These guys were not free agents so to speak. There clubs were probably gutted to lose them.

Ye :rolleyes: . Important to be an optimist as a Jambo

26 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Who scouts these guys?

In this case, it might have been Thomas Flogel.

If he's half as good.....

Cruyff Turn

2nd division in Austria is pretty shite tbh, doesn't mean he won't do well here mind you. We'll see how he does, big step up for the guy. 

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

How shite is it like ? 

More shite that our tin pot league ? 

Probably not as good as the Scottish Championship. The Erste Liga made David Witteveen look like Harry Kane. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Ibrahim Tall
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Probably not as good as the Scottish Championship. The Erste Liga made David Witteveen look like Harry Kane. 

The Scottish Championship made Clum look like Harry Kane.

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Big Harry alleegdly modelled his game on David Witteven.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Ibrahim Tall said:

The Scottish Championship made Clum look like Harry Kane.

And David Witteveen couldn't lace Clums boots :rofl:

26 minutes ago, King prawn said:

15 yellow cards last season in 32 appearances :lol:

A man after Joaquim Adão's heart :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

2nd division in Austria is pretty shite tbh, doesn't mean he won't do well here mind you. We'll see how he does, big step up for the guy. 

Is that not why he had a release clause because he is better than that standard? 

Here is a new concept, wait to see if he is any good before jumping to any rash judgements? Unusual I know and some may even say it's a radical way to approach assessing new signings!

6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

A man after Joaquim Adão's heart :lol: 

An improvement! Adao only got 8 in 18. Can’t have Hamilton beating us in the disciplinary table again .. 

132goals1958
14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

And David Witteveen couldn't lace Clums boots :rofl:

David Witteveen couldn't lace my  boots even now.

Cruyff Turn
18 minutes ago, brux said:

Is that not why he had a release clause because he is better than that standard? 

Here is a new concept, wait to see if he is any good before jumping to any rash judgements? Unusual I know and some may even say it's a radical way to approach assessing new signings!

Possibly.

I think I was the first person to say, "let's wait and see how he does before judging him."

I was judging the league, not the player, which certainly isn't as good as our league, in fact nowhere the standard of our league. SV Ried however are on of the better clubs in Austria in general.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

gorgieheart
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Who scouts these guys?

we just go on the latest EA Sports eurosoccer game...  works every time !!

Cruyff Turn
12 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

David Witteveen couldn't lace my  boots even now.

Exactly the boy was dugshite but somehow managed double figures every season in the Austria second league :bwcornette:

gorgieheart
22 minutes ago, brux said:

hold on Paw Broon !

Thats way way too sensible an approach !

We require foaming at the mouth, much pant wetting and the obligatory....."never heard o him"

Edited by gorgieheart

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Possibly.

I think I was the first person to say, "let's wait and see how he does before judging him."

I was judging the league, not the player, which certainly isn't as good as our league, in fact nowhere breast the standard of our league. SV Ried however are on of the better clubs in Austria in general.

Given he had the clause should they not get promoted I assume he sees himself as a top flight player in the 2nd division . Difficult to properly compare leagues so I guess we will wait and see.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Signed Sammy Camazola who was Brazilian did we not?

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Given he had the clause should they not get promoted I assume he sees himself as a top flight player in the 2nd division . Difficult to properly compare leagues so I guess we will wait and see.

Hope so. We'll see how he does, seems a bit of a big step up.

Do you think? We've signed guys from the Polish top flight, Belgian top flight, Greek top flight, the MLS and the Austrian top flight etc...in recent years who haven't really made the grade here.

Nookie Bear
54 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

How shite is it like ? 

More shite that our tin pot league ? 

I would imagine the Austrian 2nd Division is a lot worse than a league containing a number of full internationals across nearly every squad, yes.

1 hour ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Richards - have I missed something?

gorgieheart
4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Richards - have I missed something?

Viv Richards..... 

Edited by gorgieheart
WRONG NAME

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would imagine the Austrian 2nd Division is a lot worse than a league containing a number of full internationals across nearly every squad, yes.

Luckily, we are not trying to sign the whole league. ?

Famous 1874

Levein seems to be decent at spotting a good centre half. Will add to the squad and may mean that Hughes will be retiring. 

See after that cup loss to well, if someone had said we will have at least 9 new players signed before new season training........ok the proof of the pudding etc but staying upbeat out here.

Nookie Bear
51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Luckily, we are not trying to sign the whole league. ?

This is true.

But i was responding to a comment on the quality of the Austrian 2nd Division versus our top league,. and the use of the phrase "tinpot league". All very Neil Doncaster, that kind of terminology.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hope so. We'll see how he does, seems a bit of a big step up.

Do you think? We've signed guys from the Polish top flight, Belgian top flight, Greek top flight, the MLS and the Austrian top flight etc...in recent years who haven't really made the grade here.

Regarding the step up its all about the player rather than the league they come from for me. Sometimes a lower league player has nothing to lose so maybe has less pressure stepping up. 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is true.

But i was responding to a comment on the quality of the Austrian 2nd Division versus our top league,. and the use of the phrase "tinpot league". All very Neil Doncaster, that kind of terminology.

I agree. I wouldn’t imagine the Austrian top league is much better than ours tbh.