Southampton Fans Fight to Keep Burley!

dumbojambo

Never knew Simon Hunt and Glynn Snodin had gone. Glynn's girlfriend ( apparently ) used to post on here occasionally.

Aye, he's been pretty woeful down there which is surprising given some of the cash he has spent on players.

I would rather have had McGhee or Souness for the Scotland job TBH. Especially since a lot of Burley's success, particulary up here, was down to Simon Hunt finding diamonds in the rough - something that's a lot harder to do as manager of a nation.

portobellojambo1
Never knew Simon Hunt and Glynn Snodin had gone. Glynn's girlfriend ( apparently ) used to post on here occasionally.

Simon Hunt went to WBA around the start of the season dave, think he was given the position Director of Football. Wouldn't be at all surpried if he played a big part in getting Bednar to WBA on loan.

There is a part of me that wonders if Hunt leaving might have been the worst thing that happened since Romanov arrived.

There is a part of me that wonders if Hunt leaving might have been the worst thing that happened since Romanov arrived.

Naw, it was him staying.

Fine Scottish Wine
Simon Hunt went to WBA around the start of the season dave, think he was given the position Director of Football. Wouldn't be at all surpried if he played a big part in getting Bednar to WBA on loan.

Bednar said (on the Birmingham site i think it was) that it was one of the reasons he went. That and that he liked Mowbray because he thought Hibs played the best football in Scotland.

Naw, it was him staying.

er...right...cos if Romanov had walked away instead then Burley and Hunt would have taken a paycut and stayed.:confused:

Aye, he's been pretty woeful down there which is surprising given some of the cash he has spent on players.

I would rather have had McGhee or Souness for the Scotland job TBH. Especially since a lot of Burley's success, particulary up here, was down to Simon Hunt finding diamonds in the rough - something that's a lot harder to do as manager of a nation.

Did Simon Hunt do the same when Burley was at Ipswich, though? Just asking: I've no idea myself. On his time at Southampton: I think that's harsh, TBH. He inherited a great big mess from Redknapp, which took a bit of time to sort out: then got them in the play-offs, where they played brilliantly in the second leg at Derby and were desperately unlucky to lose on pens. But then, they had to sell all their best players, because they ran out of parachute payments - and to compound things, boardroom incompetence on a truly startling scale (GB had been given money by a board which assumed investment would be forthcoming, and were completely screwed when it wasn't) left them *this* close to administration. Sure, this season's not been much cop - but after a summer and preseason ruined by all the off-field shenanigans, that's hardly a surprise, really.

Yep.

Er, rudi... I'm normally the first to defend Burley and lambast Romanov - but how exactly would VR leaving have been better? No VR = no wages beyond our natural means for signings, and no Burley in the first place! And had he walked in Oct '05, we'd have been up the creek - meaning no Burley in any case.

Er, rudi... I'm normally the first to defend Burley and lambast Romanov - but how exactly would VR leaving have been better? No VR = no wages beyond our natural means for signings, and no Burley in the first place! And had he walked in Oct '05, we'd have been up the creek - meaning no Burley in any case.

Indeed, that's what's known as the Romanov Paradox. ;)

Bednar said (on the Birmingham site i think it was) that it was one of the reasons he went. That and that he liked Mowbray because he thought Hibs played the best football in Scotland.

Sooking b*****d.Bednar better start hoping that there is some team willing to pay 3 million for him.If not he will be back up here for next season..

Because he has fecked up the team I once loved and followed all over the country,Europe to watch,now at times I sit in the stand watching a pile off shet and really couldn't care less,THAT'S WHY.

Archived