Griezmann Stays - One in the eye for Barça

Stephane Grappelli

Stephane Grappelli

Despite being tapped up by Barça for the last 2 years, Antoine Griezmann has announced that he's staying at Atleti.  One in the eye for the Catalan giants and the latest in a line of shambolic transfer dealings at the Nou Camp.

Hopefully there is still an investigation into the way Barça have behaved in this whole affair.  If it had been the most blessed Real Madrid carrying on like Barça have been, the rage would have been off the scale.

1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Despite being tapped up by Barça for the last 2 years, Antoine Griezmann has announced that he's staying at Atleti.  One in the eye for the Catalan giants and the latest in a line of shambolic transfer dealings at the Nou Camp.

Hopefully there is still an investigation into the way Barça have behaved in this whole affair.  If it had been the most blessed Real Madrid carrying on like Barça have been, the rage would have been off the scale.

That 'La Decision' programme nonsense more shambolic, if some Hearts player pulled a stunt like that I would be fuming. 

Bad Religion
55 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

blob.png.f91c8a7e37e177be7dc6b9ca72ec4bbe.png

Didn't he actually say that at the moment he is staying? I don't think he was actually all that strong in his commitment.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

What's with the Real Madrid Vs Barcelona crap on here?

Say What Again

A documentary where the player does a big reveal at the end.... that he's staying at the club he's contracted to?

Gies peace.

2 minutes ago, RS86 said:

And the fans were booing him towards the end of the season as well as they assumed he was off... awkward

Booing him because he was making a big drama about it all, biggest surprise for me is that he is 27, almost reaching peak in his career and not really performed on the big scene.  File under over-inflated ego.

Stephane Grappelli
28 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

blob.png.f91c8a7e37e177be7dc6b9ca72ec4bbe.png

I hope that is not sarcasm.  That would be VERY disappointing.

5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Booing him because he was making a big drama about it all, biggest surprise for me is that he is 27, almost reaching peak in his career and not really performed on the big scene.  File under over-inflated ego.

Saw a video of him crying on the pitch and thought get a grip.

He's helped Atletico reach 2 CL finals and scored a double to win them the Europa League (after scoring and assisting the 2 goals over 2 legs to beat Arsenal in the semis). Also averages more than a goal every 3 games in La Liga and for France. Wouldn't say he hasn't performed on the big scene personally

16 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

That's not really true though. He has performed at a high level for a number of seasons and has generally been Athletico's best player. He also won the golden boot at the 2016 Euros.

It's just a shame he has turned into an arsehole.

Edited by Sooperstar

kevins_barnet
2 minutes ago, RS86 said:

He's helped Atletico reach 2 CL finals and scored a double to win them the Europa League (after scoring and assisting the 2 goals over 2 legs to beat Arsenal in the semis). Also averages more than a goal every 3 games in La Liga and for France. Wouldn't say he hasn't performed on the big scene personally

Also Top Goalscorer and Player of the Tournament at Euro 2016. Scoring twice in France's Ro16 comeback win v Ireland and twice in their semi final win over World champions Germany.

...hasn't performed on the big scene though ...

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

That's not really true though. He has performed at a high level for a number of seasons and has generally been Athletico's best player. He also won the golden boot at the 2016 Euros.

It's just a shame he has turned into an arsehole.

3 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Of course context is required - however the way he is marching around making 45 minute documentaries about his future you would think he was Messi/Ronaldo combined.  His achievements in the game are not impressive for all the fanfare he gets. 

PhoenixHearts

Atletico were eyeing up Cavani as his replacement too. 

I say Barca go after him instead. Better player than Greizmann.

Is the OP formerly known as The Great Gatsby? Explains it if so. If not, looks like we have 2 resident Madridistas

3 minutes ago, kevins_barnet said:

Also Top Goalscorer and Player of the Tournament at Euro 2016. Scoring twice in France's Ro16 comeback win v Ireland and twice in their semi final win over World champions Germany.

...hasn't performed on the big scene though ...

He's a very good player - but not great - could list several players with similar achievements in the game as him that would be classed as guff! 

hmfc_liam06
36 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

What's with the Real Madrid Vs Barcelona crap on here?

It's the Sky generation.

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Is the OP formerly known as The Great Gatsby? Explains it if so. If not, looks like we have 2 resident Madridistas

They are absolute scum Locky. 

Elitist supporting fascists. 

:lol: 

Stephane Grappelli
31 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Och not at all.  That's just the myth that's been peddled by their rivals and believed by folk who are incapable of independent thought.

The Treasurer

I've just seen clips of the "documentary" not the full thing, but from what I saw it all looked very tongue in cheek.

Could have been easy for him to jump ship for (I'd imagine) more money but has decided to stay, so fair play.

If France perform at the WC then he is in with a shout of being top scorer

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Probably means athletico Madrid will stay the best team in the city. :pimp2:

Probably hurt R Madrid more than Barca in the medium term. 

Good  for Spanish football, A Madrid making a real statement. 

Stephane Grappelli
14 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Atletico not Athletico.  It was a common enough mistake years ago but there's no excuse for it in this day and age.

Shame on you...

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Atletico were eyeing up Cavani as his replacement too. 

I say Barca go after him instead. Better player than Greizmann.

Cavani for Barca would make them even stronger. Some player

Lucille's Thirsty

Antoine Griezmann has some ego. He’s a very good player but he’s hardly a Ronaldo or Messi. 

That montage on Twitter was the most self indulgent,arrogant big headed thing I’ve ever seen from a football player.

Even The Atletico fans are having a go at him for putting them through the ringer. 

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Stephane Grappelli said:

Atletico not Athletico.  It was a common enough mistake years ago but there's no excuse for it in this day and age.

Shame on you...

Ouch, my spelling of Spanish clubs is being set upon - gutted! 

Thanks for the correction, tho. I never noticed that before! 

Least when Hearts become the top dog in Edinburgh-again it will off set any pain you have about R Madrid playing second fiddle in their city ?

Stephane Grappelli
5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Least when Hearts become the top dog in Edinburgh-again it will off set any pain you have about R Madrid playing second fiddle in their city ?

Happy to help.  Just try to be more careful, and accurate, in future.

rudi must stay

Craig Burley says something quite interesting. He had the ego to make the video, but not to make the switch to Barca. I agree with that

Geoff the Mince
14 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

They were last season. 

They finished above us in the league, they we're better, unless you are saying we were better than Hibs last season? 

We we're the 6th best team last season, hibs 4th.

Not a statement, surely a fact? 

Never !!  The scum will never be topdogs never !! 

doctor jambo
2 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

He's a very good player - but not great - could list several players with similar achievements in the game as him that would be classed as guff! 

So guff that if we had him and sold him, the finances raised would be enough that we could  buy an entire squad good enough to win our domestic league at a canter,

and probably another new stand or two in addition

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Never !!  The scum will never be topdogs never !! 

Maybe wrong term, they were the top team/ better than us last season was my point. 

Surely no argument there? 

Geoff the Mince
16 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Maybe wrong term, they were the top team/ better than us last season was my point. 

Yeah it was the term 

no no doubt they had a better season ( hopefully that's a one-off)

Silvery_Moon
33 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yep. Wrong term mate. 

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

So guff that if we had him and sold him, the finances raised would be enough that we could  buy an entire squad good enough to win our domestic league at a canter,

and probably another new stand or two in addition

Didn't say he was guff.. if we did have him though he wouldn't be worth more than 10 million and he would probably leave on a bosman :(

3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Yip.

Hitlers fav team allegedly ?

3 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

This for me.  Statement of intent and if they strengthen  (looks like they will with lemar coming from Monaco) and the intensity simeone demands they could push for la liga and champions league again. Need a bigger squad though. Any team that challenges 'the big 2' gets my vote!

julienbrellier
5 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

cool story bro

TorinoJambo
4 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Fuerza Atletico y nada mas.

4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Craig Burley says something quite interesting. 

Now that is news. First time for everything.

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Now that is news. First time for everything.

He has the be a loud mouthed and aggressive guy role in the team

Stephane Grappelli
On 15/06/2018 at 15:23, julienbrellier said:

cool story bro

Cheers pal.  Hope the World Cup is treating you well.

• 2 years later...
Stephane Grappelli
On 15/06/2018 at 12:16, Smith's right boot said:

Real Madrid not just the top dog in Madrid but the top dog in Spain.  More titles than Barça and Atleti put together.  Similar story in Europe too.

Still disagree that Hibs are top dogs in Edinburgh but you're entitled to your opinion.

3 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Real Madrid not just the top dog in Madrid but the top dog in Spain.  More titles than Barça and Atleti put together.  Similar story in Europe too.

Still disagree that Hibs are top dogs in Edinburgh but you're entitled to your opinion.

:greggy:

Stephane Grappelli
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:greggy:

Very accurate representation of my facial expression when posting that.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Deserved title for them from what I've seen. 

Some might say Madrid got better when Ronaldo left Madrid, I never expected that. 

I was surprised at that, some thought he was the best player on the planet, one would think a team would get worse not better if that type of player loses form, never mind leaves them! 

Enjoy the win, not paid much attention to foreign football Tbh with the goings on at Hearts. 

Stephane Grappelli
20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Deserved title for them from what I've seen. 

Some might say Madrid got better when Ronaldo left Madrid, I never expected that. 

I was surprised at that, some thought he was the best player on the planet, one would think a team would get worse not better if that type of player loses form, never mind leaves them! 

Enjoy the win, not paid much attention to foreign football Tbh with the goings on at Hearts. 

Fair play my good man.

Aye, the situation with Hearts is sickening but we'll rise again.

21 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Very accurate representation of my facial expression when posting that.

Where about in Madrid did you grow up? 

Stephane Grappelli
Just now, Des Lynam said:

Where about in Madrid did you grow up? 

Some would say I have never grown up!

You having that one mate?  Take it easy, God bless.