New home kit

Agentjambo

So Make Some Noise..
Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

No, if you look at the front view, on the bottom right under the side tag, you can see the white panel.

Nice one! cheers  :thumbsup:

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• ...a bit disco

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Beast Boy

Hagar the Horrible

I like it, but I am wondering if it is because I am more relieved that it is not a bleeding Ajax replica, 

is that a white tail piece or just a bad photoshop with a bit of the shorts attached?

PhoenixHearts
Just now, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Nice one! cheers  :thumbsup:

Just to confirm. Very nice touch.

4612E76E-E213-49BB-8BB8-D929E7C1D0B0.thumb.png.0d89de3d9e4453ccc9875ff19a357596.png

4 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Not quite! Just think maximising our revenue can help towards new players etc. Will that be five years without sponsor money for a one off payment? Not good business sense to me. Here's hoping the away is more imaginative 

The way I read the statement, we are making a fortune by having save the children as our sponsor.  Wealthy benefactors are pumping more money at us for doing it, don't know the numbers but wouldn't be surprised if it's same kind of money as a more traditional sponsor. 

So Make Some Noise..
Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

Just to confirm. Very nice touch.

4612E76E-E213-49BB-8BB8-D929E7C1D0B0.thumb.png.0d89de3d9e4453ccc9875ff19a357596.png

Yeah it really is. Cannot understand the 'unimpressed' views! Dark maroon, retro umbro, classic hearts strip.

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Not quite! Just think maximising our revenue can help towards new players etc. Will that be five years without sponsor money for a one off payment? Not good business sense to me. Here's hoping the away is more imaginative 

There's absolutely no chance we're losing money by having a charity on the front of our shirts, don't be daft.

chuck berrys hairline
1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

The way I read the statement, we are making a fortune by having save the children as our sponsor.  Wealthy benefactors are pumping more money at us for doing it, don't know the numbers but wouldn't be surprised if it's same kind of money as a more traditional sponsor. 

Ah ok I must've completely missed that! I thought was just a one off!

2 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Yeah it really is. Cannot understand the 'unimpressed' views! Dark maroon, retro umbro, classic hearts strip.

Not read  most of the thread but why are you even surprised with the amount of Hibs/****wits on here . 

Looks decent ??

41 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Negligible feature but I like the white drop tail.

That's probably the part I like the least. Still a nice top though. 

Love the kit - only one gripe..

I've a mate who has the new Everton top and the diamonds on the sleeves are just stuck on, they look awfully cheap.

Some other clubs like West Ham seem to have the diamonds as a blended in same colour pattern - possibly in the fabric, which would have been great

31 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Wasn't sure about the sleeves but on closer inspection it's grown on me already. 

I'm just happy that we are consistently producing a lovely dark shade of maroon now. 

Looks the biz!

We registered an ‘official’ Pantone shade of Hearts maroon a few years ago, so it’ll be the same every year.

So Make Some Noise..
9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Not read  most of the thread but why are you even surprised with the amount of Hibs/****wits on here . 

Looks decent ??

Fair point mate!

The Future's Maroon
7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Looks decent ??

This place never ceases to amaze me, some folk getting their knickers in a twist over a t-shirt, the sponsor being a charity.

Think I'll head down tomorrow to get one, not seen prices mention, or maybe missed it...anyone any idea (just the top),

No doubt something else the moonhowlers will complain about ?

Jambo, Goodbye
4 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

We registered an ‘official’ Pantone shade of Hearts maroon a few years ago, so it’ll be the same every year.

I remember there being chat about having an official club shade of maroon but didn't know they'd gone as far as to register one. 

Cheers for the info :thumbsup:

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

The Future's Maroon
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not what I hoped for.

Couple of weeks ago I went back to a woman's house, took her top off but unfortunately what I seen was not what I hoped for.....but by god did it not turn out a brilliant night.

What were you hoping for, liquid gold trim down the sleeves, a pocket maybe? ?

Edited by The Future's Maroon

7 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I remember there being chat about having an official club shade of maroon but didn't know they'd gone as far as to register one. 

Cheers for the info :thumbsup:

I’m sure we announced this. I have the colour details written down somewhere! I can’t find a reference now though.

Deans Jambo
14 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

This place never ceases to amaze me, some folk getting their knickers in a twist over a t-shirt, the sponsor being a charity.

Think I'll head down tomorrow to get one, not seen prices mention, or maybe missed it...anyone any idea (just the top),

No doubt something else the moonhowlers will complain about ?

£48 short sleeve,  £53 long. 

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Looks lovely. Cannot beat a plain maroon, white shorts, maroon socks Hearts kit. 

Il be honest.  After 3 years of plain tops, although 3 nice strips i was hoping for a bit more variation this season.   Very similar to the strips of 2 and 3 seasons ago.

Still a nice strip and a proper hearts top so no complaints from me overall

Beautiful.

For me, its exactly how a Hearts kit should look.

Would happily have a strip like this every single year. No need for flashy gimmicks or patterns.

Simple, classy and timeless.

40 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Away top in silver would be immense 

Please no!!! That strip still gives me nightmares.

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I'd love if that was part of the official kit press release. "...and featuring a white contrast panel on the bottom reverse inspired by John Colquhoun's famous tuck"

You should be in marketing buddy!!

Pasquale for King

Sometimes the strip grabs your attention right away and you love it, other times it grows on you over time. It’s a bit plain and that usually means a bright away kit going by other seasons. 

An absolute classic. The white doesn't draw attention away from the main body, and the primary fact that it's a Hearts shirt. 

Absolutely beautiful :wub:

IMO, that's our nicest shirt in a very, very long time.

17 minutes ago, Erik said:

Beautiful.

For me, its exactly how a Hearts kit should look.

Would happily have a strip like this every single year. No need for flashy gimmicks or patterns.

Simple, classy and timeless.

Likewise - it looks great. They do have to tinker at the edges every season to justify releasing a new strip but as long as they don’t **** about too much, then I’m happy. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Top is beautiful. Shame about a little minor detail, but beautiful all the same. ;)

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

13 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Always gives me the fear when that colour of top is mentioned. 

Loved the silver away - was pretty unique for Scottish football and we have never since returned to it.  The time is now!

PhoenixHearts
34 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Love the kit - only one gripe..

I've a mate who has the new Everton top and the diamonds on the sleeves are just stuck on, they look awfully cheap.

Some other clubs like West Ham seem to have the diamonds as a blended in same colour pattern - possibly in the fabric, which would have been great

I think due to the nature of the colour contrast. Both Everton and ourselves have a stark contrast between white and maroon/blue, whereas other Umbro kits have that woven in more subtle two-tone approach. Theirs is more a textural thing, whereas we couldn't have got the maroon/white contrast with the same method. The diamonds wouldn't have looked as sharp.

(I think the pattern on west hams cuffs is a method of stitching that pulls through the opposite side of a material that is the same colour on both sides, just differing textures. Harder to do on a piece of material that's maroon on one side and white on the other)

Hope that makes sense.

Just now, Matty said:

Loved the silver away - was pretty unique for Scottish football and we have never since returned to it.  The time is now!

No...never again!!

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, Matty said:

We had a silver bukta strip in 90 -91. 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hearts fans - Hearts kits should be solid maroon, nothing flashy.

Also Hearts fans - strips a bit boring...

Hearts fans - it's disgraceful to have Wonga as shirt sponsor, no matter how much money we get from it

Also Hearts fans - I'm over having Save The Children as sponsor, I want something different

1 hour ago, kila said:

heartofmidlothian_1819homeshortsleevehometopgents_15289634831819SHIRT.thumb.jpg.c88852ff931790f85a0b4cfbc8bd64c5.jpg

heartofmidlothian_1819homeshortsleevehometopgents_15289634911819SHIRTBACK.thumb.jpg.4f1084a2530dcee986ccdf004a8d637b.jpg

heartofmidlothian_1819homeshortsgents_15289627811819SHORTSVIEW.thumb.jpg.a89c1b1354c4acef450bc927fe7c0907.jpg234.png.ff1ea3078f7eaf5d32abb2fdc8647639.png

I like it, I like it a lot.

There was a facebook post earlier with a picture of the top laying flat on the ground and it looked completely different and truth be told pretty awful. I am unable to find said photo but if anyone else can find it and post it this will give you an idea.

I think it was a poor photo and showed the more "shiny" side of the top and if said photo had been the only one available  this forum may have gone into meltdown

20 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I like it, I like it a lot.

There was a facebook post earlier with a picture of the top laying flat on the ground and it looked completely different and truth be told pretty awful. I am unable to find said photo but if anyone else can find it and post it this will give you an idea.

I think it was a poor photo and showed the more "shiny" side of the top and if said photo had been the only one available  this forum may have gone into meltdown

OK just found it within the promotional video on HeartofMidlothian facebook page about 14 seconds in lying flat on the pitch and it looks markedly different. It  will obviously look different depending on the light, sometimes shiny sometimes matt. Personally I prefer the matt to the shiny but it should look awesome in action.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialHeartofMidlothianFC/?hc_ref=ARQ-3H4dnAtjZLFrkmRm49zfxBN3Fwv6I_lZQMpx8CPleLCmah0hmgcoAKYOofzXLqY&fref=nf