New home kit

Agentjambo

5 hours ago, Bez said:

It was the largest, and it was peanuts. It never kept us afloat, it played a part, but overall a much smaller part than the share issue and the ticket sales. I for one am glad that we are now getting much better value for putting something on our strips.

They paid a large chunk up front, which bought us some time.  

It it was the most financially beneficial at the time, and I am half we took it.   We should be doing that, and as it happens Save The Children could well still be that. 

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• ...a bit disco

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Beast Boy

Really nice kit and like the HM on the back and no issues with the sponsors.

As far as I can see from the photos, it is almost 2 tone, the main body is the dark maroon with he sleeves and sides a lighter tone, would have been better as a one tone all round, and the Umbro sleeve cuff detail not going all the way round the sleeve 

But that only takes about 2% off of my liking for it, 

I’m on the fence. Been a few years now of pretty plain home strips. Yes, lovely shade of maroon but it wouldn’t kill us for some variation somehow....nothing wrong with something a bit different every few years. Either stripes, shading...?

id buy this on sale later in the season though probs! ?

4 minutes ago, mayfield said:

I’m on the fence. Been a few years now of pretty plain home strips. Yes, lovely shade of maroon but it wouldn’t kill us for some variation somehow....nothing wrong with something a bit different every few years. Either stripes, shading...?

This one has 2 shades. Like an Ajax stripe down the middle in a darker maroon.

Bit difficult to see in the pictures but subtle and nice touch for me

Just now, Paolo said:

They paid a large chunk up front, which bought us some time.  

It it was the most financially beneficial at the time, and I am half we took it.   We should be doing that, and as it happens Save The Children could well still be that. 

I’m quite sure if a decent sponsor had offered us considerably more, we’d have taken it. Wonga did right by us by stumping up early. Thankfully we now receive considerably more for the privilege of advertising on our kit, which I’m sure you would agree is a very good thing. I would expect us to keep a StC presence around the club when the sponsorship deal ends.

HamishMcGonagall

I like it.

Last year's had an old traditional feel to it with the big white collar, whereas this season's has an 80's retro look to it, so I don't see how folk can moan that it's not different enough.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, mayfield said:

Yeah, to be honest it feels like we’ve had the same looking kit for a while... just a bit plain. 

Last time round Umbro gave us some creative and memorable designs... candy stripe away, KK ajax, 5-1 kit... Still waiting for anything memorable so far this time

I suppose though, if the team does well this will be revered in the history books as a classic HMfC kit so basically, what the kit doesn’t matter, the team is what matters!

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yeah, to be honest it feels like we’ve had the same looking kit for a while... just a bit plain. 

Last time round Umbro gave us some creative and memorable designs... candy stripe away, KK ajax, 5-1 kit... Still waiting for anything memorable so far this time

I suppose though, if the team does well this will be revered in the history books as a classic HMfC kit so basically, what the kit doesn’t matter, the team is what matters!

The season just past's away kit had a mosaic effect pattern through it, presumably based on the Heart of Midlothian on the Royal Mile. 

Pretty memorable and unique, and a nice wee touch :)

PhoenixHearts

Just in from picking up my new kit. Put a few filters on it to show up the two tone ajax style stripe on the front for those that were still struggling to see it.

Also side by side comparison with last seasons. As you can see the base colour is much the same but the front strip of the new one makes it seem a fair bit darker. I really like it a lot.

Screenshot_20180614-182034.jpg

Screenshot_20180614-182334.jpg

Edited by PhoenixHearts

PhoenixHearts

Wonder what our keeper kits will look like this season. Meant to ask about them in the shop. Have only seen two umbro keeper kits so far. The black one, west ham's home, and the green one, west ham away and Everton home.

Safe to say we definitely won't be getting one of them. And a black one might be too dark to be worn with our home kit.

I do like the patterns they have going on though. As long as we dont get another season of highlighter yellow, I may purchase.

3729-872.jpg

3736-1086.jpg

14 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Wonder what our keeper kits will look like this season. Meant to ask about them in the shop. Have only seen two umbro keeper kits so far. The black one, west ham's home, and the green one, west ham away and Everton home.

Safe to say we definitely won't be getting one of them. And a black one might be too dark to be worn with our home kit.

I do like the patterns they have going on though. As long as we dont get another season of highlighter yellow, I may purchase.

Guessing we'll stick with our "traditional" keeper colours of either highlighter yellow or highlighter blue! 

Would love to see us have another black goalie shirt though! :wub:. Maybe an option for an away kit, depending on what happens. 

37 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Just in from picking up my new kit. Put a few filters on it to show up the two tone ajax style stripe on the front for those that were still struggling to see it.

Also side by side comparison with last seasons. As you can see the base colour is much the same but the front strip of the new one makes it seem a fair bit darker. I really like it a lot.

Good photos. 

I think it looks great.

Bungalow Bill
7 hours ago, Paolo said:

It wasn’t a shiny silver though, like the original.  

Was still silver, and it was shiny.  

Edited by Apache Mal

56 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Cheers, I just couldn't make that out in any of the other pictures. I was sure folk were mistaken. Is the two tone as obvious "in the flesh" so to speak, or does the filter you've used really make it stand out more? 

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Cool

The Future's Maroon
6 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Really decent top but for me the umbro diamonds on the end of the arms spoils it slightly

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, for me it makes the top...but hey ho

been here before
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Looks the same as last year's one.    What's the difference?

Different sponsor.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

£48 for a tshirt.

:rofl:

In the grand scheme of things, folk pay like £100 for Ralph Lauren shirts or £75 for a pair of jeans etc. 

I do agree though I don't really like that Hearts top so wouldn't part with the money anyway.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

£48 for a tshirt.

:rofl:

Not even the price of a Saturday night out in Edinburgh, nothing to see here . 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
21 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Looks the same as last year's one.    What's the difference?

No collar, there's Umbro diamonds on the sleeves, and it's two different shades of maroon. 

4 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

No collar, there's Umbro diamonds on the sleeves, and it's two different shades of maroon. 

Oh aye,  so there is.      

A_A wehatethehibs
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

The season just past's away kit had a mosaic effect pattern through it, presumably based on the Heart of Midlothian on the Royal Mile. 

Pretty memorable and unique, and a nice wee touch :)

I supppse, but for me still a forgettable kit. Maybe the reason it was forgettable was as I said, the team wearing the kit is what matters ultimately. Did we even win 1 game wearing that kit ? 

It should have been ten
28 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Exactly this, unreal some folk  

It should have been ten
54 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, for me it makes the top...but hey ho

Same here 

10 minutes ago, kila said:

DfqhNH-WkAAsjTR.jpg.135719e54c9b0f712fa939387fd7e1fe.jpg

Why the feck don’t players wear boots in these type of photos. Or even a dignified Samba type trainer. 

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Why the feck don’t players wear boots in these type of photos. Or even a dignified Samba type trainer. 

Whilst holding a king rib supper?

Cruyff Turn

Djoums trainers look like those shoes people with a club foot wear. :cornette:

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Cruyff Turn
2 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Never realised it had two tones, that's quite smart on closer inspection. Nice photo's. 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Dignified Sambas or at a push, respectable maroon crocs.

8 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Exactly this, unreal some folk  

Steady on tho....if I wanted one and so did my two kids who go to the games...That's a shed load of cash on top of match day cost, 3 season tickets and my FoH subs.

I honestly think football tops are massively over priced considering they are replaced every season...They used to alternate between home and away so it was only one kit a season and your strip was in date for two seasons.

I think 30 quid for adults and they shift more and probably make more cash. 50 notes is alot of money for some people.

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Steady on tho....if I wanted one and so did my two kids who go to the games...That's a shed load of cash on top of match day cost, 3 season tickets and my FoH subs.

I honestly think football tops are massively over priced considering they are replaced every season...They used to alternate between home and away so it was only one kit a season and your strip was in date for two seasons.

I think 30 quid for adults and they shift more and probably make more cash. 50 notes is alot of money for some people.

Agree with you bud, your points are spot on. As the other poster had said £48 is easily spent on a night out, I was looking at it in that sense where over a season it’s not that huge an expense. When families are buying a few shirts, etc aye it soon adds up. 

Not keen on it, not nearly as nice as last seasons that I just got at less than a third of the cost.

No brainer for me.

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Cheers, I just couldn't make that out in any of the other pictures. I was sure folk were mistaken. Is the two tone as obvious "in the flesh" so to speak, or does the filter you've used really make it stand out more? 

The filter I used definitely enhanced it, but I'd say it's still a tiny wee bit more visible than the club's photos of the players wearing it.

I will say that despite it just being regular material, the way they've done the darker strip in almost iridescent effect can make the front appear to look a bit rubbery if the light hits it right.

been here before
1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

In the grand scheme of things, folk pay like £100 for Ralph Lauren shirts or £75 for a pair of jeans etc. 

I do agree though I don't really like that Hearts top so wouldn't part with the money anyway.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

So what?  Different things cost different prices? You can get 4 ripe and ready peaches in Sainsbury for 2 quid which is less than a pair of jeans or a night out but none of them have anything to do with a ridiculousness of a tshirt costing £48.

Edited by been here before

3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

?? Superb

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Djoums trainers look like those shoes people with a club foot wear. :cornette:

:gok:

28 minutes ago, been here before said:

So what?  Different things cost different prices? You can get 4 ripe and ready peaches in Sainsbury for 2 quid which is less than a pair of jeans or a night out but none of them have anything to do with a ridiculousness of a tshirt costing £48.

Even after you've had a go at editing that it's still ,well basically, utter pish ?

been here before
13 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Even after you've had a go at editing that it's still ,well basically, utter pish ?

What part are you struggling with. Lets see if we can clear it up for you.

Something not quite right about it for my tastes. I'm close to thinking it is superb but I can't put my finger on what I'm not sold about. Maybe the lack of breathing space on the two tone panel edge to the sponsor print.

Hoping once I see it in the flesh I love it as I'm a big fan of all of the elements and should be mad keen to get my hands on it.

42 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

'Must of' ???

What the feck does that mean ?

Were you taught that at school ? 

Had a few but that terrible grammar does my feckin head in.

People using 'of' instead of 'have' is a regular feature in the seethe thread, and rightly so.

Unknown user
11 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

We had a silver bukta strip in 90 -91. 

Not really, it was a kind of bluey tinted grey and white

heart-of-midlothian-cfs3675774487-300x30

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

'Must of' ???

What the feck does that mean ?

Were you taught that at school ? 

Had a few but that terrible grammar does my feckin head in.

Shut up you whiney bint. Take your three question marks, spaces after your last word and question mark, and starting a sentence with “had a few” instead of “I’ve had a few” back to grammar school and Sit on them

Edited by Dayman