New home kit

Agentjambo

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Not much noticeable difference with last year. Might be making it up but I think it might be a tiny bit longer in the body. I'd go for the same as last year.

This.

Definitely go for a size up and expect a bit more length bodywise.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• ...a bit disco

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Beast Boy

5 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I think they could have maybe committed to the two-tone thing a bit more and done something like this. I still dream of getting a modern spin of the 95-97 kit.

Again though, I'l reiterate for anyone reading, the photos I posted yesterday have had the contrast punched right up and the two tone really isn't that stark. Don't let it put you off because the shirt is absolutely glorious in person.

striped.jpg

That is gorgeous

portobellojambo1

Apologies for being lazy, I'm not long in from work, and not had a chance to go through the thread yet. Just a couple of questions, if anyone can answer them. Is the strip being sold in the shop beneath the Wheatfield Stand or has the new shop opened in the Main Stand. And does anyone know the opening time tomorrow morning, is it 09:00 am. Thank you, in anticipation.

Adam_the_legend
18 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Apologies for being lazy, I'm not long in from work, and not had a chance to go through the thread yet. Just a couple of questions, if anyone can answer them. Is the strip being sold in the shop beneath the Wheatfield Stand or has the new shop opened in the Main Stand. And does anyone know the opening time tomorrow morning, is it 09:00 am. Thank you, in anticipation.

Wheatfield

portobellojambo1
7 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Wheatfield

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll pop round tomorrow morning before settling down in front of the box for a day watching football and the US Open golf.

The Natural Order

Good thinking by the club with the Keepers top. A bit of orange will help sell a few more to a certain element of our support.

5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

:rofl: Is that keeper kit an attempt to put the opposition strikers off their game?

Is that not the theory behind the garish 'keeper kits. Either that or that it entices strikers to hit the (brightly coloured) target. 

A_A wehatethehibs
8 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I think they could have maybe committed to the two-tone thing a bit more and done something like this. I still dream of getting a modern spin of the 95-97 kit.

Again though, I'l reiterate for anyone reading, the photos I posted yesterday have had the contrast punched right up and the two tone really isn't that stark. Don't let it put you off because the shirt is absolutely glorious in person.

striped.jpg

Thats better than the actual kit. Someone phone Umbro and get it swapped 

6 hours ago, sandyk said:

CL - 'Right Jon, brilliant you agreed to sign on. Just the finishing touches to your contract and well announce it

JM - Great, pass me the pen boss

CL - Here you go, and try the new goalkeepers top on for size and we'll get the photos done

JL - Christ almighty, what in gods name is that....I'm off

:cornette:

Thankfully, Craig identified a nutter of a Czech goalie who likes destroying goalposts with his head, and who loves the new top.  His reaction was...''blood shows up really well on a fluorescent yellow and orange jersey, mwahahaha!' 

King Of The Cat Cafe

In regard to the home strip that we are getting,  I am not that keen on the Umbro diamonds on the sleeves.  They make me think of the type of lace doilies ancient old dears used to put on their settees and armchairs to keep hair grease off the furniture.

But then, I did not buy last season's, so who the heck is going to pay any attention to what I say?

(I would buy the PhoenixHearts  mock up, though.  But without the  doilies!)

Fxxx the SPFL
44 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

In regard to the home strip that we are getting,  I am not that keen on the Umbro diamonds on the sleeves.  They make me think of the type of lace doilies ancient old dears used to put on their settees and armchairs to keep hair grease off the furniture.

But then, I did not buy last season's, so who the heck is going to pay any attention to what I say?

You must be an auld duffer like myself if you can remember them my late gran had them in the early sixties 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

So wait.  People are more concerned about the (classy) umbro design on the sleeves rather than the spaghetti spangle on the back??? Hahahaha. And we Slag Hibs.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

You must be an auld duffer like myself if you can remember them my late gran had them in the early sixties 

:laugh: and the bog rolls covered like this....

86040A13-52A9-489A-9F8E-1D0A5D8255E0.thumb.jpeg.dc8f2aa6eeb18759ac29e32b94bd077f.jpeg

Adam_the_legend
47 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

So wait.  People are more concerned about the (classy) umbro design on the sleeves rather than the spaghetti spangle on the back??? Hahahaha. And we Slag Hibs.

You are the only poster on here that has an issue with it. Maybe it’s a you thing rather than an us thing...

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

If I said I was thinking of changing my username to 'KOTCC has bus pass hooray,' would that tell you what you needed to know?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

You are the only poster on here that has an issue with it. Maybe it’s a you thing rather than an us thing...

Lots of people take issue about things I couldn’t care about. What's the difference?

Jambo, Goodbye
47 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Lots of people take issue about things I couldn’t care about. What's the difference?

Difference is you've made your grievance known over and over and over.  Think it's time to move on. 

been here before
7 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Antimacassars.

Originally used to keep macassar oil, which was used in Victoria and Edwardian times as a hair oil and conditioner, off the upholstery.

Samuel Camazzola
On 14/06/2018 at 09:39, hmfc_liam06 said:

Love it!

Would have loved to have seen the Umbro diamonds on the socks too. I'll just wear the top and shorts to games.

On 14/06/2018 at 09:39, hmfc_liam06 said:

Love it!

Would have loved to have seen the Umbro diamonds on the socks too. I'll just wear the top and shorts to games.

Umbro diamonds on the socks and you could have made them multi-functional by sporting them on the golf course with your Plus Fours outfit! :pimp2:

Samuel Camazzola
15 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Save the Children for the new home and away. That's fantastic

But I say we take full advantage of this new Strongbow deal.  This could give the fans more incentive to buy the third kit again, or at least bring their old one in to the shop and have it upgraded for a few bob extra.

Money spinner?....

strongbow 3rd.jpg

You should be able to buy all kits without sponsors. I got a couple of the 2012 cup winning tops without the sponsor and they look far classier (and not just because the originals had Wonga on them). 

LarrysRightFoot
20 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

striped.jpg

Can you do this in the Inter/turquoise/Black stripes please?

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I quite like the goalie top ?

You are not alone. It would be great for cycling in town. 

12 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

We slag Hibs because their latest Macron effort is utterly horrendous and they are sponsored by Marathon Bet , that's a whole nother level lad . 

Edited by ramrod

Fxxx the SPFL
11 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

If I said I was thinking of changing my username to 'KOTCC has bus pass hooray,' would that tell you what you needed to know?

Yep lol

PhoenixHearts

Read a rumour (a random facebook comment) that the away kit is supposed to be grey and white? Anyone else heard anything like that?

SectionDJambo

I have been wondering if the away kit will be similar to the Ajax style kit that the wee logo on the back of the home kit came from. We have the darker maroon panel on the home kit, with a lighter maroon to complete. If the lighter maroon was replaced with white, we have similar to the 72/73 one.

Maybe not enough of a change to the home kit though, for any colour clash.

For guys of my age, who were unfortunate enough to be at a certain game during the 72/73 season, that strip is probably not a favourite, due to that season being anything but memorable. The only reason we didn't wear it on 1/1/73, was black and white tv still being fairly common, and the tops of both sides, with white sleeves, would have looked similar.

11 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Read a rumour (a random facebook comment) that the away kit is supposed to be grey and white? Anyone else heard anything like that?

Quite liked Spain’s away kit the other night. Light grey with white shorts and socks.

Would’nt mind that.

11 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

s-l300.jpg

2 hours ago, jamdunc said:

s-l300.jpg

Would be great if it was my son just gave me this top for Father's Day. 

On 14/06/2018 at 18:17, tian447 said:

The season just past's away kit had a mosaic effect pattern through it, presumably based on the Heart of Midlothian on the Royal Mile. 

Pretty memorable and unique, and a nice wee touch :)

Correcto! I bought it. Few lads at the gym asked what club - I then give the sermon ?

• 8 months later...
Салатные палочки

Saw this on Facebook. Someone saying it's rumoured to be the new home shirt.

Screenshot_20190304-180444_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d4d41adb09629d1d298be1ae8ccd7c82.jpg

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Screenshot_20190304-180444_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d4d41adb09629d1d298be1ae8ccd7c82.jpg

Saw this on fbook aswell , very smart if is indeed true

7 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

photoshopped

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

photoshopped

Hope so could do without the white on the sleeves.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Hope so could do without the white on the sleeves.

yep

Nookie Bear
28 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

:cornette:

29 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Hoops AND white sleeves? 

I'm in ::troll::

Nookie Bear
33 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Transparent shorts with the club badge over the crotch. Interesting!

Cruyff Turn
48 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Hope not, that is absolutely honkin’ 

Cruyff Turn
15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And some kind of button collar that has been photoshopped over. 

Fortunately it’ll be miles better than that effort. 

17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That beats Vlad's sporran on the tartan shorts!