New home kit

Agentjambo

crichiejambos

Mm new shirt is fine nothing outstanding! But if we win the Scottish cup it will be regarded as a classic then one will appear on eBay for £100 and some eejit will buy it.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• ...a bit disco

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Beast Boy

I might be wrong but I’m sure I read that our navy 3rd strip from last year was being retained for our away strip this year? Might be wrong as I said but I’m sure someone will be along soon to shout me down, argue for the sake of arguing ??

oh, I agree with the other poster, it’s a deep ‘ Hearts Maroon ‘ has the most beautiful badge in football history.. what’s not to love! 

46 minutes ago, jambotony said:

I might be wrong but I’m sure I read that our navy 3rd strip from last year was being retained for our away strip this year? Might be wrong as I said but I’m sure someone will be along soon to shout me down, argue for the sake of arguing ??

oh, I agree with the other poster, it’s a deep ‘ Hearts Maroon ‘ has the most beautiful badge in football history.. what’s not to love! 

Retained as a third strip mate. 

I think its a view to eventually doing away with the third strip idea.

Keep bringing them out and fans will expect it all the time.  

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

Not really, it was a kind of bluey tinted grey and white

heart-of-midlothian-cfs3675774487-300x30

That reminds me a bit of a Hibs latest effort , utterly horrendous , although tbf it's saved the egnomony of having Marathon Bet plastered over it . 

12 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Just in from picking up my new kit. Put a few filters on it to show up the two tone ajax style stripe on the front for those that were still struggling to see it.

Also side by side comparison with last seasons. As you can see the base colour is much the same but the front strip of the new one makes it seem a fair bit darker. I really like it a lot.

Screenshot_20180614-182034.jpg

Screenshot_20180614-182334.jpg

Now I see the two tones better, I like it less.   Will probably still buy it, but the one tone (the darker) would be so much better. 

9 hours ago, been here before said:

You can get 4 ripe and ready peaches in Sainsbury for 2 quid. 

:oohmatron:  

sorry.  

For what it is worth, I agree with your full quote.  Strange to make such comparisons.  

Edited by Paolo

Nookie Bear
13 hours ago, been here before said:

£48 for a tshirt.

:rofl:

The price is steep but it’s not a tshirt though, is it. 

Its made with specific materials to make it more comfortable when playing, and it also has to withstand a lot of pulling and stretching if you’re playing 5’s every week, not to mention keeping its shape after many washes. 

I doubt your basic £40 Fred Perry tshirt would cope with that. 

You’re paying extra for the “brand”, obviously. 

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Now I see the two tones better, I like it less.   Will probably still buy it, but the one tone (the darker) would be so much better. 

Pretty much where I am at.

Captain America
2 hours ago, Paolo said:

Now I see the two tones better, I like it less.  

This.

I thought it was alright when I first saw it, now I see the two tone I doubt I will buy it even in the end of season sale. I don't hate it but prob my least favourite kit since 2010/2011. 

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Like the basic design but I think the "shadow" panel was unnecessary.

Agreed.

PhoenixHearts
3 hours ago, Paolo said:

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Pretty much where I am at.

I like the darker strip, but my one criticism of it is that it's almost unnoticeable in regular light circumstances and pretty much not even there when it's being worn. It's almost too subtle to the point where I question why it's even there at all.

Bearing in mind, that's me punched the contrast right up to make it even more noticeable. End of the day, whether it's seems pointless or not, it's a nice wee personal touch and I'm glad Umbro at least made the effort to do something bespoke for us. I wouldn't let it put you off too much and your best bet is still going to the shop and seeing it in the flesh if you're able.

End of the day, it makes for an even darker shade of maroon so I can't complain.

PhoenixHearts
15 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Seeing the 2 strips together I prefer last seasons. I think the collar makes the difference. 

I disagree. Though I actually prefer the material the whole shirt was made of last season, I'm really not a collar guy. I can just about hack a collar if it's not too big and the same colour as the shirt, but if it's white/contrasting with the body, I've got no chance.

Spent all last year trying to find  ways of tucking the collar in to either make it look collarless or at least a granddad collar.

Invariably I always just looked like I was dressed for primary school.

SPURCROFT%20SWS-500x500.jpg

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Aye the 2-tone does spoil it. I suppose that's what happens when you're trying to fit two designs on one shirt.

Could have been a beauty.

I realize we are with puma as a sponsor but when we had addidas the strips were flying off the shelves and club had to reorder ASAP due to demand. Wish we had them as sponsors again.

JamboBornNBred
23 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Gaun yersel mate, bet the wee man will look brilliant ???????????

Talk about quick delivery.My top and my 9 month olds strip arrived this morning.......I tell you what...cracking strip and the little one loves it

Credit too Hearts tho,ordered yesterday at 11.24am and delivered today at 11.30am.

18 minutes ago, JamboBornNBred said:

Talk about quick delivery.My top and my 9 month olds strip arrived this morning.......I tell you what...cracking strip and the little one loves it

Credit too Hearts tho,ordered yesterday at 11.24am and delivered today at 11.30am.

Can you tell me what size you got for your little one please? Last year the sizing for infants and kids were all over the place!

I had to get my 2 year old a strip for a 5 year old!

I have a ten month old - so any size advice on what  you got would be appreciated :)

Robbo-Jambo
23 minutes ago, JamboBornNBred said:

Suspect he/she didn't have much choice.:laugh::laugh:

JamboBornNBred
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Suspect he/she didn't have much choice.:laugh::laugh:

He made his choices ages ago :) If i cant find my Hearts tops he has them.

Apart from that....I am just pushing him in the right direction.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, JamboBornNBred said:

He made his choices ages ago :) If i cant find my Hearts tops he has them.

Apart from that....I am just pushing him in the right direction.

Good to hear, another wee Jambo :pleased:

2 hours ago, Captain America said:

This.

I thought it was alright when I first saw it, now I see the two tone I doubt I will buy it even in the end of season sale. I don't hate it but prob my least favourite kit since 2010/2011. 

I may well still get it, despite my reservations.   I don’t see the point, however, if making a big deal to register our maroon as an official colour, only to largely move away from it. 

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I disagree. Though I actually prefer the material the whole shirt was made of last season, I'm really not a collar guy. I can just about hack a collar if it's not too big and the same colour as the shirt, but if it's white/contrasting with the body, I've got no chance.

Spent all last year trying to find  ways of tucking the collar in to either make it look collarless or at least a granddad collar.

Invariably I always just looked like I was dressed for primary school.

SPURCROFT%20SWS-500x500.jpg

I don’t mind a collar, but a proper one, not the one we had last season, for reasons your picture illustrates.  

Edited by Paolo

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

Not really, it was a kind of bluey tinted grey and white

heart-of-midlothian-cfs3675774487-300x30

I had this one, loved it at the time.

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Aye the 2-tone does spoil it. I suppose that's what happens when you're trying to fit two designs on one shirt.

Could have been a beauty.

I think they could have maybe committed to the two-tone thing a bit more and done something like this. I still dream of getting a modern spin of the 95-97 kit.

Again though, I'l reiterate for anyone reading, the photos I posted yesterday have had the contrast punched right up and the two tone really isn't that stark. Don't let it put you off because the shirt is absolutely glorious in person.

striped.jpg

...a bit disco

My complaints.

1. Would have preferred a collar like Evertons.

2. The double diamonds on the shorts look like an afterthought.

3. The white 'bands' at the sock tops are a bit 'meh'.

All personal opinion and I love the top anyway.

Edited by ...a bit disco
Cannae spel rite.

I P Knightley
16 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Steady on tho....if I wanted one and so did my two kids who go to the games...That's a shed load of cash on top of match day cost, 3 season tickets and my FoH subs.

I honestly think football tops are massively over priced considering they are replaced every season...They used to alternate between home and away so it was only one kit a season and your strip was in date for two seasons.

I think there's an argument to go back to that kind of alternating. 

I'm sure the club can work out (a) how many supporters buy Home and Away each season, (b.) how many buy a new shirt every season and so on to create a model of whether sales revenue would go up if they were to renew the home kit every even year and away kit every odd year. With a third kit and a goalie kit in the background for completists. 

As well as finding a revenue maximising plan, the club would probably score a PR win by not "forcing" families into kitting out their kids every year at huge expense (which is a stupid argument made by customers but there are stupid customers who make that argument every summer). 

15 hours ago, suds66 said:

It's maroon, what's not to like!

If you read through the thread, you'll soon see that, apparently, there's quite a lot not to like :D

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I think they could have maybe committed to the two-tone thing a bit more and done something like this. I still dream of getting a modern spin of the 95-97 kit.

Again though, I'l reiterate for anyone reading, the photos I posted yesterday have had the contrast punched right up and the two tone really isn't that stark. Don't let it put you off because the shirt is absolutely glorious in person.

striped.jpg

Thanks Phoenix. I will go in and have a look. That design you've just posted there looks fantastic though.

1 hour ago, NEWSTAND said:

I realize we are with puma as a sponsor but when we had addidas the strips were flying off the shelves and club had to reorder ASAP due to demand. Wish we had them as sponsors again.

:berra:

1 hour ago, NEWSTAND said:

:lol:

0/10

Must try harder.

Adam_the_legend
19 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Just in from picking up my new kit. Put a few filters on it to show up the two tone ajax style stripe on the front for those that were still struggling to see it.

Also side by side comparison with last seasons. As you can see the base colour is much the same but the front strip of the new one makes it seem a fair bit darker. I really like it a lot.

Screenshot_20180614-182034.jpg

Screenshot_20180614-182334.jpg

Just back from the club store and it’s more obvious in person than on the picks. I like it, adds something a little different from the last couple of years. It’s a really nice top

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

The goalie kit is a shocker

Where did you see it?

PhoenixHearts

STUNNING GOALIE KIT.

Gonna buy the full kit (including gloves) and wear it to every single game. 

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, Chaps said:

73FBB2AE-2EE5-4DA8-B3C8-DD303FAF9BDC.jpeg

:cornette: 

That's no real is it??!! ??

Ah well least the opposing strikers will be put off

CL - 'Right Jon, brilliant you agreed to sign on. Just the finishing touches to your contract and well announce it

JM - Great, pass me the pen boss

CL - Here you go, and try the new goalkeepers top on for size and we'll get the photos done

JL - Christ almighty, what in gods name is that....I'm off

:cornette:

What is the fit like on the new shirt? Is it like last year where it's a slimmer fit and you need to go a size up?

PhoenixHearts
49 minutes ago, jambo1980 said:

What is the fit like on the new shirt? Is it like last year where it's a slimmer fit and you need to go a size up?

Not much noticeable difference with last year. Might be making it up but I think it might be a tiny bit longer in the body. I'd go for the same as last year.

PhoenixHearts

Hopefully the away kit has a different coloured goalie kit, like West Ham's black one. We only sold the yellow home keeper kit last year, despite having the pinky-orange away and even the nice navy and black one Jon wore in one or two games.

Picture of the kit on the online shop doesn't look as bad as it did initially.... still utterly heinous. :greggy:

Can't wait to full kit the **** out of it.

heartofmidlothian_1819homekeepertopgents_1529072816GoalkeeperTop1.jpg

Edited by PhoenixHearts

8 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Hopefully the away kit has a different coloured goalie kit, like West Ham's black one. We only sold the yellow home keeper kit last year, despite having the pinky-orange away and even the nice navy and black one Jon wore in one or two games.

Picture of the kit on the online shop doesn't look as bad as it did initially.... still heinous. :greggy:

heartofmidlothian_1819homekeepertopgents_1529072816GoalkeeperTop1.jpg

Save the Children suits that shirt, especially when helping them cross the road. 

PhoenixHearts

Save the Children for the new home and away. That's fantastic

But I say we take full advantage of this new Strongbow deal.  This could give the fans more incentive to buy the third kit again, or at least bring their old one in to the shop and have it upgraded for a few bob extra.

Money spinner?....

strongbow 3rd.jpg

33 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Save the Children for the new home and away. That's fantastic

But I say we take full advantage of this new Strongbow deal.  This could give the fans more incentive to buy the third kit again, or at least bring their old one in to the shop and have it upgraded for a few bob extra.

Money spinner?....

strongbow 3rd.jpg

Now I like that. 

The Future's Maroon
6 hours ago, NEWSTAND said:

Still trying, and failing badly.