Cruises

Disser Pointon

JimmyCant
On 05/05/2022 at 14:23, John Findlay said:

I found Venice a very overrated city.

That’s the good thing about cruising John. Lots of places to visit you might want to go back to. We wouldn’t visit Venice or Barcelona or Nice again but we loved Dubrovnik, Villefranche, Valletta and Sicily. Places I never really fancied but now on the list for a longer visit.

33 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

That’s the good thing about cruising John. Lots of places to visit you might want to go back to. We wouldn’t visit Venice or Barcelona or Nice again but we loved Dubrovnik, Villefranche, Valletta and Sicily. Places I never really fancied but now on the list for a longer visit.

I’ve got to ask, Jim.

Why not Barcelona?  Why not Nice?

Villefranche is 20 minutes from my home and, if I never went there again, it wouldn’t bother me.  What did you like about it so much?

Dubrovnik, I simply must agree with.  It’s a fantastic place.  👍

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, graygo said:

The memory of the "Sir Christopher" hovercraft between Ramsgate and Calais still makes me feel like heaving my guts up. :boak:

Had a yellow polo neck on that day, my face  was the same colour lol, 10 days after being in belgium, and Switzerland, the return crossing was flat calm.

Jambo-Jimbo
11 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Indeed, we had always wanted to go to Sicily, Sorrento/Pompeii, Santorini, Rhodes & Athens although Athens was always just a maybe, anyway our cruise allowed us to visit all these places, albeit for 12hrs or so, but the end result was that we'd go back for longer holiday's to Sicily, Pompeii, Santorini and definately Athens now, whereas not bothered about going back to Sorrento or Rhodes.

That's one of the great things about a cruise, lets you see lots of places for a short time, so you know if you want to go back for a longer visit.

5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Had a yellow polo neck on that day, my face  was the same colour lol, 10 days after being in belgium, and Switzerland, the return crossing was flat calm.

Aye it was great when calm. Always remember leaving France and landing in the UK before we left due to the time difference. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Aye it was great when calm. Always remember leaving France and landing in the UK before we left due to the time difference. 

The tunnel is the same, you can arrive in the UK about half an hour before you left France. :laugh:

jambos are go!

You need to have about 8 drinks a day to justify most drink packages. Not for me . NCL And others have special offers that include a cut price drink package. About £149 at the moment with other benefits.

I have been on around 15 cruises but am now virtually tee total.