Budge has made it clear she still expects Hearts to be competing for a top-four place

jumpship

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Life's to short, could you just highlight the best bits please. Thanks in advance.

Hi Craig ?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juanjo15

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Boab

• Bazzas right boot

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

FOH taking over tick tock

Hopefully draws and losses to absolute shite won’t be tolerated anymore 

Exactly, we’ll get a new manager we deserve...every two or three months!!  ??

Forever Hearts
32 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Scottish Cup final, Aberdeen vs ICT: the stuff of nightmares for the suits at Hampden, and the broadcasters...

Aberdeen took 40,000 to their League Cup Final v ICT and no doubt would again for the Scottish Cup Final. 

Top 4!!! The way things are going the Hobos will overtake us and we'll end up sixth. Let's hope she told CL that it's 4th place or he's back warming his backside as DOF with no team input. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Scottish Cup final, Aberdeen vs ICT: the stuff of nightmares for the suits at Hampden, and the broadcasters...

50k for League Cup final. They will be fine 

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Top 4 you say Ann?

:rudi:

Hibs.

That's what that is.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

50k for League Cup final. They will be fine 

Yeah, but no, but... if Celtic aren't there (or the Ibrox lot), it's not really proper Scottish football.  "Who cares how many are there, what will our viewers think?..."

15 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aberdeen took 40,000 to their League Cup Final v ICT and no doubt would again for the Scottish Cup Final. 

Find that hard to believe....!

Inch Hearts
29 minutes ago, Section Q said:

ABERDEEN FC have completely sold out their 40,000 allocation for the League Cup final.

The Dons were given an extra allocation after fans snapped up the original 30,000 tickets within two weeks.

Today, the club have confirmed that 40,000 tickets have been sold and there will be no general sale of tickets on Monday, which had previously been planned.

The Ticket Office at Pittodrie will be closed on Monday to allow purchases to process.

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, Section Q said:

It happened. Whether you choose to believe it or not. 

6 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

ABERDEEN FC have completely sold out their 40,000 allocation for the League Cup final.

The Dons were given an extra allocation after fans snapped up the original 30,000 tickets within two weeks.

Today, the club have confirmed that 40,000 tickets have been sold and there will be no general sale of tickets on Monday, which had previously been planned.

The Ticket Office at Pittodrie will be closed on Monday to allow purchases to process.

?

32 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It happened. Whether you choose to believe it or not. 

Amazing.........Their fans must hibernate in between cup final appearances. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Amazing.........Their fans must hibernate in between cup final appearances. 

Or maybe, like every club in the land, they have thousands of cup final fans who go for the day out but don't bother supporting the team on a regular basis. 

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Or maybe, like every club in the land, they have thousands of cup final fans who go for the day out but don't bother supporting the team on a regular basis. 

Every club in the land dont have 40k fans turning up for a cup final. Outside the OF I cant think of any.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Every club in the land dont have 40k fans turning up for a cup final. Outside the OF I cant think of any.

Us v Gretna must have been close. 

33k we taken,

gretna sold over 15k? Crazy. 

Could have sold it twice over v hibs. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Forever Hearts
9 hours ago, Section Q said:

I didn't say every club had 40k, but every club has thousands who go to a cup final for the day out. 

portobellojambo1
15 hours ago, graygo said:

Competing for top 4 is what she said and we are. 

That depends very much on how you define competing. At this moment in time we are 5th in the league and playing poorly. There were a number of people who thought we played well against Partick Thistle in the Scottish Cup tie at Tynecastle. Truth is we didn't. Last time we played the bottom side in the Championship it was Cowdenbeath and we won that game 10-0. Now, some are happy to accept struggling past the club in that position and taking two games to do it. The saving grace for us at the moment is it is highly unlikely we will drop out of the top 6, but is still possible. I would agree with anyone who thinks we will pick up no points from the three upcoming games versus Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs, our form in recent times makes it difficult to think any other way than we could definitely lose those games. That could well mean our finishing position is 6th, i.e. below Hibs, a team that I've read on here on numerous occasions are absolute pish yet we could still finish below them. However, I'm not so sure if Motherwell will win their three remaining games as well. If they do then we can still finish 7th in the league. If competing is classed as putting your strip on the right way round and your boots on the correct feet then yes we are still competing. If it involves going out and looking like winning football games, that is where the problems are happening.

Nookie Bear
15 hours ago, graygo said:

Surely that target should have been reassessed after he start we had. After Naismith got injured we should have addressed that in the transfer window to show we are serious about competing - consider it an investment - instead of pining for his return and letting our collective heads drop. 

Unless we accelt that the first round of games was a fluke, we have to accept the league campaign has turned into a clear failure. 

3 hours ago, red said:

Assuming Inverness don’t win the Scottish Cup 4th place will qualify for Europe right? 

Nope. The only certainty of 4th getting into Europe is the hooped demons winning it.

25 minutes ago, Boab said:

Nope. The only certainty of 4th getting into Europe is the hooped demons winning it.

So where does the 4th euro spot go to if Rangers/Aberdeen win in 

Edited by red

1 minute ago, red said:

So where does the 4th euro spot go to if Rangers/Aberdeen win in 

Sevco are oot !

The sheep could win it and finish 4th. 

We could win it and 2nd and 3rd would go into Europe. That could be sevco and Killie.

All ifs buts and maybes right now.

The demons winning it is the only sure way that 4th go into Europe.

Craig could lose his mind and play with 4 upfront for every game still to play and we could win the Cup and finish third, with the sheep in 5th with nothing !

?

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

That depends very much on how you define competing. At this moment in time we are 5th in the league and playing poorly. There were a number of people who thought we played well against Partick Thistle in the Scottish Cup tie at Tynecastle. Truth is we didn't. Last time we played the bottom side in the Championship it was Cowdenbeath and we won that game 10-0. Now, some are happy to accept struggling past the club in that position and taking two games to do it. The saving grace for us at the moment is it is highly unlikely we will drop out of the top 6, but is still possible. I would agree with anyone who thinks we will pick up no points from the three upcoming games versus Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs, our form in recent times makes it difficult to think any other way than we could definitely lose those games. That could well mean our finishing position is 6th, i.e. below Hibs, a team that I've read on here on numerous occasions are absolute pish yet we could still finish below them. However, I'm not so sure if Motherwell will win their three remaining games as well. If they do then we can still finish 7th in the league. If competing is classed as putting your strip on the right way round and your boots on the correct feet then yes we are still competing. If it involves going out and looking like winning football games, that is where the problems are happening.

Look at form against the sides we will be playing rather than those we have played, we are awful against s****bag teams in the bottom half that stick 10 men behind then ball hoping to a, not concede and b, catch us once on the break. 

When teams try and play against us (i.e the top 6) we generally fare much better

4 hours ago, red said:

Assuming Inverness don’t win the Scottish Cup 4th place will qualify for Europe right? 

Our only hope of Europe is to beat ICT and play Celtic in the final I think. We could qualify if we lose for for being losers

:fonzie:

Inch Hearts

If Aberdeen win the cup they will get the European spot for winning the cup therefor the euro place for finishing 3rd will go to the team who finishes 4th.  Therefore if we finish 4th we will be in Europe unless ICT win the cup. 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Our only hope of Europe is to beat ICT and play Celtic in the final I think. We could qualify if we lose for for being losers

We don't, if Celtic win cup and league the place goes to whoever's finished 4th.

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No, runners up don’t get the place anymore. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

We don't, if Celtic win cup and league the place goes to whoever's finished 4th.

Ach well there goes that little flicker of hope for a European piss up. Forfar it is.

12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

If Aberdeen win the cup they will get the European spot for winning the cup therefor the euro place for finishing 3rd will go to the team who finishes 4th.  Therefore if we finish 4th we will be in Europe unless ICT win the cup. 

Not exactly !

The sheep could finish 5th and win the cup.

In that scenario, us finishing 4th would get us nothing.

Not much in it between 3rd and 5th at the minute.

Inch Hearts
39 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not exactly !

The sheep could finish 5th and win the cup.

In that scenario, us finishing 4th would get us nothing.

Not much in it between 3rd and 5th at the minute.

I don't think it's very likely we will be finishing 4th if Killie finish 3rd and Aberdeen finish 5.  That would take a huge turn of events. 

NaturalOrder74
59 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

No, runners up don’t get the place anymore. 

I thought it was only runners up if they are in the championship or below ? 

Inch Hearts
Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

I thought it was only runners up if they are in the championship or below ? 

No it's all runners up.  The winners spot goes to the highest league position and trickles down like that.  

I always thought the Cup winners Spot should go to the LC winners if the Scottish Winners win the league. 

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I didn't say every club had 40k, but every club has thousands who go to a cup final for the day out. 

?

3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Come on PJ not like you to be so pessimistic.

Yes we could lose against Aberdeen, Kilmarnock and Hibs but have a look at their form as well. Last 6 games have seen Kilmarnock and Aberdeen take only 1 point more than us and yet you say it's difficult to see anything other than us definitely losing to them????

Hibs have won half of their last 6 away games, I won't shite myself over them thanks very much.

I could turn your point around and say that I have read numerous posts about how shite we are and yet we could still finish above Hibs, crazy isn't it?

We are in 5th position in the league, only 4 points behind 4th with 8 games to go and whatever way you care to dress it up that means we are competing for 4th.

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Surely that target should have been reassessed after he start we had. After Naismith got injured we should have addressed that in the transfer window to show we are serious about competing - consider it an investment - instead of pining for his return and letting our collective heads drop. 

Unless we accelt that the first round of games was a fluke, we have to accept the league campaign has turned into a clear failure. 

Fair enough, doesn't go against my point that we are competing for 4th though.

killie have won 1 in 10 and that was an 87th min winner v St Mirren. They are struggling badly just now as are we! Hibs could be a serious dark horse here. We need to win our next two home games v Aberdeen and Hibs. Both winnable if we show up. 

On 19/03/2019 at 19:08, Prof said:

Top 4!!! The way things are going the Hobos will overtake us and we'll end up sixth. Let's hope she told CL that it's 4th place or he's back warming his backside as DOF with no team input. 

If he’s not managing, then there’s no need for him to warm a chair if he has no team input. However I’ve no objection to him watching a game. 

Allowayjambo1874
13 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I must be the only Jambo who is not fussed about getting into Europe. 

Have you ever been to match away in Europe? 

He has been to loads, it's all a bit far fetched as we need to win cup which would require a hell of a lot of luck as football wise we are mince.

2 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Have you ever been to match away in Europe? 

Just the 23 ?

Just think that beginning our season so early with a near impossible task of getting into the group stages makes it a bit of a false reward in many ways but I get the individual attraction of a few days away with the lads. Done it a few times myself ?

Allowayjambo1874
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Just the 23 ?

Just think that beginning our season so early with a near impossible task of getting into the group stages makes it a bit of a false reward in many ways but I get the individual attraction of a few days away with the lads. Done it a few times myself ?

Just wondered mate, I love the away trips and think they are brilliant, football wise you might be right but then you’ve got to dream if we got a decent run in Europe it could open up many more doors for players and the club. Admittedly it’s highly unlikely for the time being.

The earlier Europe qualifiers start is shite, especially when there is the Euros or World Cup on so even less of a rest for some players.

But it is what it is, for the time being. Rangers managed to make the group stages with a rookie manager. Qualifying is within our grasp if we have a nice draw. But then Anfield was a qualifier and that was pretty ****ing exciting.

rick witter
On 20/03/2019 at 16:36, graygo said:

At least for another week anyway. Lose to Aberdeen and we can forget it. It will be 5th or 6th for the third year in a row. 

I think even Ann Budge would expect Hearts to look alot more convincing over the season while chasing top 4.

There’s chasing top 4 while struggling in 5th to break into it,  or being right in the mix while actually sitting somewhere in the top 4.

We all know we’ve been top 3 many times , never mind 4, and what level of play you need to achieve it. Let’s not start getting all snuggly thinking a team toiling in 5th may still sneak top 4 in the last 8 games and it’s been a fine league season.

My only hope is that sometimes Hearts do put a few good results together in the last few matches of a season.