Budge has made it clear she still expects Hearts to be competing for a top-four place

jumpship

3 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Perhaps because Hearts are a very different model and rightly or wrongly feel it’s Right to keep the fans, future owners, in the loop. They can’t win no matter what or when they say it.

They cant win argument is stupid. 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Juanjo15

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Boab

• Bazzas right boot

BobbyJenkins
Just now, Juanjo15 said:

They cant win argument is stupid. 

In relation to announcements it’s spot on, evidenced by reading this very forum. Try again.

Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

In relation to announcements it’s spot on, evidenced by reading this very forum. Try again.

No it’s not.  The announcement of the £3m towards the stand was a “can win” statement.  

Nookie Bear

We all know how the old firm feed off each other's rivalry/bigotry to generate interest and income - it builds the Old Firm Brand, but i am at a loss as to how a successful hibs is beneficial to us.

Perhaps someone could explain.

BobbyJenkins
3 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

No it’s not.  The announcement of the £3m towards the stand was a “can win” statement.  

Lol what? Please find someone else to respond to, it’s too early for me to deal with stupid. 

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Perhaps because Hearts are a very different model and rightly or wrongly feel it’s Right to keep the fans, future owners, in the loop. They can’t win no matter what or when they say it.

If you are in the loop perhaps you can update us on what has actually been done in the new stand since Christmas, what the new timetable for final completion is, what the new scope of planned facilities in the new stand is, what is the current funding gap etc.

And IMO we won't be any more "in the loop" when FoH take majority control

Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

Lol what? Please find someone else to respond to, it’s too early for me to deal with stupid. 

You said everything the club say is “can’t win”  it was a daft thing to say with no substance to it as shown by the statement about the £3m towards the stand because there was no downside to that.  

BobbyJenkins
7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If you are in the loop perhaps you can update us on what has actually been done in the new stand since Christmas, what the new timetable for final completion is, what the new scope of planned facilities in the new stand is, what is the current funding gap etc.

And IMO we won't be any more "in the loop" when FoH take majority control

I’m in the loop much as I feel I need to be. Like I said they can’t win. I’m happy with the detail we get you’re not, ah well. 

Edited by BobbyJenkins

BobbyJenkins
1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

You said everything the club say is “can’t win”  it was a daft thing to say with no substance to it as shown by the statement about the £3m towards the stand because there was no downside to that.  

Oh do **** off. It was in direct reply to someone saying they shouldnt say things like that. Ignore, two down two to go.

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We all know how the old firm feed off each other's rivalry/bigotry to generate interest and income - it builds the Old Firm Brand, but i am at a loss as to how a successful hibs is beneficial to us.

Healthy local rivalries are a good thing. Praising your local rivals for being more successful than you is not any part of healthy local rivalry. I have yet to hear an Arsenal fan or owner praise Spurs for being more successful than them recently.

gowestjambo

Depressing reading where our Management and 90% of our fans are happy with 4th. That should have the new stand full to the brim! 

8 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Oh do **** off. It was in direct reply to someone saying they shouldnt say things like that. Ignore, two down two to go.

No it wasn’t.  And charming.  

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Healthy local rivalries are a good thing. Praising your local rivals for being more successful than you is not any part of healthy local rivalry. I have yet to hear an Arsenal fan or owner praise Spurs for being more successful than them recently.

Or hear any justification how Spurs doing well would be good for North London. It defies logic. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Really? 

I woukd settle for us beating H1B5 4 times, and finishing fourth and them third as long as they didn’t finish above us on a regular basis.

As a club we are unlikely to win silverware on a regular basis and in this context winning the Derby is huge.

BobbyJenkins
14 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Depressing reading where our Management and 90% of our fans are happy with 4th. That should have the new stand full to the brim! 

No half as depressing as reading your posts. 

3 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Mr Angry is on the prowl it seems. 

FoH forever

Could it just be a diplomatic way of replying to a question that, probably asked by that Aiden Smith or another vermim minded "reporter" , tried to take the gloss of the FoH announcement? 

Almost a well done but they're irrelevant to what we need to do, without giving an chance/quote than can be used against us? 

As for them, if we finish above them and win, or don't lose, decent cup run, would be a pretty decent season

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, FoH forever said:

Could it just be a diplomatic way of replying to a question that, probably asked by that Aiden Smith or another vermim minded "reporter" , tried to take the gloss of the FoH announcement? 

Almost a well done but they're irrelevant to what we need to do, without giving an chance/quote than can be used against us? 

As for them, if we finish above them and win, or don't lose, decent cup run, would be a pretty decent season

Are you really saying finishing above Hibs and not losing to them is a definition of a "decent season" in the league for Hearts?

And what would be wrong if asked about Hibs with saying "I'm not here to talk about Hibs"?

Edited by Francis Albert

23 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I woukd settle for us beating H1B5 4 times, and finishing fourth and them third as long as they didn’t finish above us on a regular basis.

As a club we are unlikely to win silverware on a regular basis and in this context winning the Derby is huge.

No, sorry, I want my cake and eat it. What if Hibs finish 5th and we pump them 4 times and finish 6th.

I agree with FA, let's not define a season on how we do against Hibs. 12 points against them will help to put us into a Euro spot.

We should be aiming for 3rd every season as a minimum.

1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Sounds like some folk need to take a bubble bath on here and chill out.

Absolutely. 

She acknowledged the achievement of the local rival (who finished fourth in what was a 'terrific season' - hold me back).  If she'd come out absolutely spitting feathers and gnashing her wallies, folk would be on here calling her a mad wee granny.  I sometimes think folk wake up and wonder what they can find to hate about Hearts today.

Just for context, congratulating a rival on what they've done pales next to stating that you want the same rival to beat 'your' team in a derby.

2 minutes ago, Haken said:

Absolutely. 

She acknowledged the achievement of the local rival (who finished fourth in what was a 'terrific season' - hold me back).  If she'd come out absolutely spitting feathers and gnashing her wallies, folk would be on here calling her a mad wee granny.  I sometimes think folk wake up and wonder what they can find to hate about Hearts today.

Just for context, congratulating a rival on what they've done pales next to stating that you want the same rival to beat 'your' team in a derby.

As regards your last paragragh, only someone who doesn't rivalry, would come out with such nonsense so let's not go there.

hmfc_liam06

Don't see the issue with her saying top 4.

Celtic are going to win the league.

Rangers, really should be finishing 2nd.

Aberdeen are ahead of us at the moment.

I think Hibs will regress should they lose McGinn as well as McGeogh.

So, that places us, realistically in 4th by default (no offence to Killie fans). We've some way to go to claw at Aberdeen & Rangers. Plus there's always one surprise package each year. Killie last season, St Johnstone before that and Motherwell too.

It's all well and good saying 4th is or isn't good enough but there's no context to it just now. Finishing 4th 20+ points behind 2nd and 3rd is totally different to finishing 4th in the manner in which Hibs did this year by taking it to the wire.

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Don't see the issue with her saying top 4.

Celtic are going to win the league.

Rangers, really should be finishing 2nd.

Aberdeen are ahead of us at the moment.

I think Hibs will regress should they lose McGinn as well as McGeogh.

So, that places us, realistically in 4th by default (no offence to Killie fans). We've some way to go to claw at Aberdeen & Rangers. Plus there's always one surprise package each year. Killie last season, St Johnstone before that and Motherwell too.

It's all well and good saying 4th is or isn't good enough but there's no context to it just now. Finishing 4th 20+ points behind 2nd and 3rd is totally different to finishing 4th in the manner in which Hibs did this year by taking it to the wire.

Is it unrealistic to aim for 3rd though ?

Many will say it isn't if we give it a good go. 

I would rather the club said such a thing even if we don't achieve it.

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Is it unrealistic to aim for 3rd though ?

Many will say it isn't if we give it a good go. 

I would rather the club said such a thing even if we don't achieve it.

It's not but she's making it clear than anything less than top 4 won't be accepted. And she'd be right.

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

As regards your last paragragh, only someone who doesn't rivalry, would come out with such nonsense so let's not go there.

Nonsense.  She's being diplomatic.  That obviously doesn't sit well with some.  She'd have been better off not saying anything, perhaps, but she has. 

I'll go wherever I like, if that's all the same with you.  Diddies who want Hibs to beat Hearts in a derby should never be allowed to forget that.

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It's not but she's making it clear than anything less than top 4 won't be accepted. And she'd be right.

Interpretation though, is it not ?

Someone on this thread(?) earlier said that she has said this for the last two seasons gone. I can't confirm that but if it is the case then is this season unacceptable X 3 ?

3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

She hasn’t said it won’t be tolerated.  It was tolerated the season that just finished and tried to be justified wrongly many a time.  It’s still not been acknowledged that the season was a disappointment at all.  Just plenty excuses as to why targets weren’t achieved.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

1947-1962.

6 minutes ago, Haken said:

Nonsense.  She's being diplomatic.  That obviously doesn't sit well with some.  She'd have been better off not saying anything, perhaps, but she has. 

I'll go wherever I like, if that's all the same with you.  Diddies who want Hibs to beat Hearts in a derby should never be allowed to forget that.

I agree she should have said nothing as she knows hee haw about football rivalry....but she did and it's reasonable for people who do get it to pull it up.

I agree with your description of people who want Hibs to beat Hearts and claim to support Hearts. That's cuckoo.

Edited by Boab

jambopilms

The club will be going balls out to get as  high as possible, problem being is so does every other club. Use your brains people. 

Celtic have won the league next year already. Rangers have many time more budget than us. Aberdeen have a bigger budget. Hibs will have similar budget. We are the only team that needs a big turn around in players.

its not brain surgery to guess we are aiming for around forth and hoping to do well in the cups. Chances are we will get Celtic in one of them so that's that ****ed.

it what's called being a hearts fan. Always has been. Folk demanding trophies can't have been hearts fans long or are a bit backwards. There is always hope but expecting is unrealistic.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

I agree she should have said nothing as she knows hee haw about football rivalry....but she did and it's reasonable for people who do get it to pull it up.

I agree which your description of people who want Hibs to beat Hearts and claim to support Hearts. That's cuckoo.

I totally get the rivalry and. had she asked me (on this occasion she didn't), my advice would have been to say hee-haw. 

Love Ann Budge but ffs we never praise hibs for feck all unless it directly impacts us in a positive way and them having their best season for 60 years by finishing 4th and winning nothing has no positive impact on us. She should've said she was pleased to see a wee Diddy outfit do well but fully expects them to be relegated again this season...While wearing her FTH tshirt..she's got a lot to learn!

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The club will be going balls out to get as  high as possible, problem being is so does every other club. Use your brains people. 

Celtic have won the league next year already. Rangers have many time more budget than us. Aberdeen have a bigger budget. Hibs will have similar budget. We are the only team that needs a big turn around in players.

its not brain surgery to guess we are aiming for around forth and hoping to do well in the cups. Chances are we will get Celtic in one of them so that's that ****ed.

it what's called being a hearts fan. Always has been. Folk demanding trophies can't have been hearts fans long or are a bit backwards. There is always hope but expecting is unrealistic.

I would have applauded that statement...." we're going balls out to finish as high as possible. "

?

davemclaren
58 minutes ago, McCrae said:

At least you’ve qualified your statement. 

I thought Ann showed a lot of class in her statement. 

Hibs by their standards have had an amazing season. 

BelgeJambo

I am optimistic we can achieve 3rd, even under budget constraints. If Gerrard has a John Barnes experience, we may challenge 2nd..  I think Aberdeen will struggle to keep their consistency for another season and McLean will be a big loss for them.  Hibs and Kilmarnock - one season wonders

5 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I would have preferred both Ann and Craig to have said nothing about our club finances and nothing about our club objectives.

You don’t hear Pochetinno coming out and saying “we’re spending 400m on a stadium so we might not be that good next year” and similarly you don’t hear Daniel levy coming out and saying we’re hoping to be in the “top 4 or 5” - there is a big difference between 4th and 5th isn’t there. Just as there is between 3rd and 4th in Scotland Ann. 

Keep that stuff internal IMO. Just gives the press ammo. 

What a pile of keich.

You're just making things up.

It's all pretty much in this one article.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/699308/tottenham-mauricio-pochettino-warning-new-stadium-fans-transfers-spending

Capture.JPG

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

If we have this mentality we are doomed. 

Never get close to Aberdeen, rangers again, never mind celtic. 

If we do win 4 derbies we'll likely be doing OK in the league, so I'd be hopeful of being high up and above hibs if we done that. 

Stephen Muddie
6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I would have preferred both Ann and Craig to have said nothing about our club finances and nothing about our club objectives.

You don’t hear Pochetinno coming out and saying “we’re spending 400m on a stadium so we might not be that good next year” and similarly you don’t hear Daniel levy coming out and saying we’re hoping to be in the “top 4 or 5” - there is a big difference between 4th and 5th isn’t there. Just as there is between 3rd and 4th in Scotland Ann. 

Keep that stuff internal IMO. Just gives the press ammo. 

This is how I feel about it. We should not be stating any targets. One game at a time. See what happens.

It's like how when we have been gash lately (longer than lately) all the players are constantly in the press saying this and that. Shut up and get on with your work, everyone.

The quieter we go about our business the less the KB roasters can cry about it and less the media and our rivals can undermine us. Weird thing is, on the rare occassions when I've felt a statement more necessary, it hasn't been forthcoming.

Horrendous words from Budge there :laugh:

Really don't like how soft she is on Hibs and seems to think Hibs success is good for all of Edinburgh... **** off!

Half her family are Hibs though. But come on, try harder with your PR eh! Natural order and all.

Maybe Hibs recent success has had an impact on businesses/sponsors/advertisers, in that they now see two 'big' teams in Edinburgh, not just Glasgow. 

Maybe that can be good for Hearts. 

FarmerTweedy
15 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Agree to an extent. In that RN's tea was oot when that happened. I shall maintain my own long held view that he should have resigned after the disgusting performances against the Maltese 3rd (4th?) placed team. Many fans do revisionism. I tend not to. He was absolutely terrible in his last season.

So terrible we were second in the league (albeit Aberdeen had games in hand to go ahead of us) when he left!

Stephen Muddie
10 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

So terrible we were second in the league (albeit Aberdeen had games in hand to go ahead of us) when he left!

Yeah... Did I mention I don't do revisionism? Cheers bud.

FarmerTweedy
6 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Yeah... Did I mention I don't do revisionism? Cheers bud.

You did mention it, and then you went right ahead and did some anyway!

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, graygo said:

What a pile of keich.

You're just making things up.

It's all pretty much in this one article.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/699308/tottenham-mauricio-pochettino-warning-new-stadium-fans-transfers-spending

Capture.JPG

To be fair, I stand corrected on that ? mare. I don’t read the daily star

However my point stands that I would prefer Levein keep quiet about playing budgets and how “tough it is” as it smacks of pre emptive excuse making. 

Similarly Ann Budge doesn’t need to come out and explain what is and is not acceptable - actions speak louder than words on both counts 

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spot on. 

Why dont he club just get in with it without feeling the need to explain everything to the people. 

And i I get that some will say “ah but you will complain if she says nothing”, but there is a balance. Accorfing to this place “everyone” knew the stand costs would impact on the team so why was this even elaborated on? 

Presumably because they'll be asked about it, and if they give a vague reply or even a "we don't want to talk about that" a tonne of people would assume the worst and lose their minds worrying about it.

Managers/owners all talk about it every single season and have done for as long as I can remember. 

2 hours ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Full attack mode again I see 

13 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Only need them if price right , if there clubs want massive transfer fees it quite rightly ain't gonna happen and we'll have to look elsewhere 

And the question is does Levein want to sign them. Is he trying or not.