Today's other games

lauriesrank

Can Swansea pull off the most miraculous of escapes?

They require a win, for Southampton to lost and a 9-goal swing.

Soton play Man City and Swans play already relegated Stoke.

Did something happen with shay logan? He seemed a bit upset leaving the field but had tv on mute 

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

Did something happen with shay logan? He seemed a bit upset leaving the field but had tv on mute 

Don't know the details but he ended up being sent off after the final whistle

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Obviously a day for daft scores. 4-4 at Wembley between Spurs and Leicester. And probably more to come. 

As predicted. 5-4 to Spurs now. 

Salah and Liverpool back on form and winning easily against Brighton

England's goalkeepers hitting form at just the right time...Pickford !!!!!!!

Given the changes to the Champions League qualification whether you are 2nd,3rd or 4th does not really matter in England as all qualify automatically for the group stages

Conte getting on with writing his ticket out of Chelsea as they are 3-0 down

Spurs leading 5-4 now !!

Arsene may be getting an away win in his final league match in charge of Arsenal

PS Crystal Palace leading and they have recovered amazingly since Roy Hodgson took over

Edited by CJGJ

You have to applaud Manchester City who look like getting 100 points in a season having just scored a late goal

Great football and on the front foot as well

The Internet

Can see Aubameyang doing a Salah next season if he stays fit. Proper goal machine.

Some turn around from Alloa!! Staring defeat in the face, they score in the 93rd minute to take their game into extra time...five minutes into ET and they score again. If it stays like this they're going up into the Championship. 

...it's live on Alba for anyone interested. No a bad wee game??

Just switched over to Sportscene and they appear to have missed out on a bad Brown tackle that was followed up by another clear booking.

(Mentioned on another thread)

They have shown a bad challenge by Shinnie on him.

Does appear that players have had enough and the are now tackling Brown the way he tackles them.

Good on them.

Edited by DETTY29

17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Chelsea :robbo:

Newcastle no pushovers under Rafa Benitez. Predicted after results against United and Arsenal that Chelsea would be there for the taking and my pals gave me stick for not accepting that Newcastle were "shite"

:sweeet:

1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Newcastle no pushovers under Rafa Benitez. Predicted after results against United and Arsenal that Chelsea would be there for the taking and my pals gave me stick for not accepting that Newcastle were "shite"

:thumbsup:

I agree, Newcastle are not shite.

Especially today getting it right up Chelsea.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
16 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Some turn around from Alloa!! Staring defeat in the face, they score in the 93rd minute to take their game into extra time...five minutes into ET and they score again. If it stays like this they're going up into the Championship. 

...it's live on Alba for anyone interested. No a bad wee game??

Whenever I hear someone describe Celtic or Rangers or Liverpool or Manchester United, etc., etc. as "the greatest fans in the world", I counter that by citing the folk at this kind of game.  Dead easy to support successful teams.  To support your local team through the good and bad times is what being a real fan is all about, not following success or some bizarre bigotry and "tradition".

Well done to the Sons and Wasps fans at this game. (And, aye, t's been a no' bad game).

9 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

that is the reason i think arsenal should go for rafa as their new manager

Maroon Sailor
19 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Won 5 of the last 6 home games, 4 clean sheets. Rafa is almost Leveinesque !

25 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

that is the reason i think arsenal should go for rafa as their new manager

I certainly would say he deserves the chance to go to a club with better resources and more pulling power for new signings. But I would be absolutely gutted if he felt that he's taken Newcastle as far as he can after a promotion and top half finish. Take burnley as an example, playing European football next season, that has to surely be the next ambition for a club newcastle's size and if anyone can do it, my money is on rafa 

12 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

I certainly would say he deserves the chance to go to a club with better resources and more pulling power for new signings. But I would be absolutely gutted if he felt that he's taken Newcastle as far as he can after a promotion and top half finish. Take burnley as an example, playing European football next season, that has to surely be the next ambition for a club newcastle's size and if anyone can do it, my money is on rafa 

Would that not mean though that the Burnley manager Sean Dyche should be the target given he has achieved European football on a relatively small budget ?

Rafa is a good manager but overlooking what Dyche has done just shows you image plays a major part in a managerial appointment at that level

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Would that not mean though that the Burnley manager Sean Dyche should be the target given he has achieved European football on a relatively small budget ?

Rafa is a good manager but overlooking what Dyche has done just shows you image plays a major part in a managerial appointment at that level

What Dyche has done is phenomenal, I actually forgot this was only burnleys 2nd season in this spell in the pl (and that they survived only somewhat narrowly last year).

And he would be absolutely deserving of a bigger job if he manages to sustain this level of performance but for all the talk of image, reputation etc, when I see Dyche, I think of loyalty. And that is why I don't think he's seriously considered for the arsenal job.

Besides, it's not uncommon for managers of smaller teams to be considered for bigger jobs, look at Eddie Howe at Bournemouth and the fact his name has come up for the England job in recent times. I would definitely say managers in these situations are certainly on the radar for bigger things 

10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Barcelona 5-1 down at Levante just now. 56 minutes gone.

5-3 now

shaun.lawson

No unbeaten record for Barca :jjyay:

Messi - who was left out! - crying salty tears into his milanesa napolitana tonight :jjyay:

A :pleasing: day for football. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

EagleJambo

Was at Palace game yesterday - comfortable win against a poor West Brom side (thought they deserved it after playing in green shirts!). What Hodgson has done for Palace this season is remarkable. Was not impressed when he was appointed after the way he finished with England but the way he organised and lifted the team and bonded with the supporters has totally changed my view. Would have finished in the top half of the table if Chelsea had turned up against Newcastle. Listened to him after the game and the focus of his comments were on the support - not giving up on the team, part of the fabric of the club, winning and losing with the team. I was standing there watching him and comparing him to that numpty in charge of the Hobos. Lennon would seriously not last 5 minutes with a club in England - the press would crucify him. Hodgson then went on to say he expected Palace to be fighting at the top end of the table next season. At that point I walked out of the stadium laughing - and not sure we'll see Zaha  there come August!

andyscott82
14 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

So Brenda’s unbeatables only lost 4 times this season...?

Hopefully 5 by this time next week ?

• redm changed the title to Today's other games