Romanov: Champions League

jamborich

Please tell me you didn't actually believe it

I read guys on here spouting s---e about how Romanov promised this and that and how he has failed to deliver.

Well lets look at his record, in two and a half seasons, one Scottish Cup and European champions league qualifier for the first time in our history.

How can you deny he has not been a success.

Staying at Tynecastle

New stand

We have recruited some of the best youngsters on offer.

Sell outs practically every week

Yes we are going through a bad spell but FFS please dont tell me it's not going to get better.

Sorry Mr Romanov but there are some ungrateful glory hunters out there who fail to see the bigger picture

Signed

Arselicker

I read guys on here spouting s---e about how Romanov promised this and that and how he has failed to deliver.

Well lets look at his record, in two and a half seasons, one Scottish Cup and European champions league qualifier for the first time in our history.

Staying at Tynecastle

New stand

Yes we are going through a bad spell but FFS please dont tell me it's not going to get better.

Sorry Mr Romanov but there are some ungrateful glory hunters out there who fail to see the bigger picture

Signed

Arselicker

Long time no hear Roman. ;)

Staying at Tynecastle

New stand

Signed

Arselicker

Have we?

And there lies the problem Julio you haven't got a clue

Is that right JR. More of a clue than your saviour has thats for sure. Aye still George Burley was killing our club. :mad:

Is that right JR. More of a clue than your saviour has thats for sure. Aye still George Burley was killing our club. :mad:

Who Knows, but tell me this would he have been at our club if it wasn't for Romanov.

Who Knows, but tell me this would he have been at our club if it wasn't for Romanov.

Someone would have and they would have had a hell of a lot more feeling for the club than him.

I?m not interested in promises. But the here and now is not great. I am concerned about the quality of coaching all through the club. We are told we have superkids but we don?t seem to hear of them winning loads of games or playing particularly wonderfully...First team is still a shambles - GK situation is uninspiring, defence have gone backwards, Midfield has talent but why can?t 5 of them dominate opposing teams?, and as for strikers-what a shambles - unfit, injury-prone, couldn?t score in a brothel, no movement...

10th in the league,8th in the reserve league and 5th in the under 19s,yep every thing is rosie.

Oh and add to that managerless,wawee how far have we come.

10th in the league,8th in the reserve league and 5th in the under 19s,yep every thing is rosie.

Oh and add to that managerless,wawee how far have we come.

Cant argue with that except to say.

1 Didn't know the season had finished.

2 If it isn't finished didn't know the transfer window was closed.

3 We are definitely not getting a manager.

Simple fact of the matter is that if we ever want to be a "big" club, we need to carry a certain mentality. That is to say:

- 8th in the league is not good enough. Not at any stage of the season

- To have taken no action to address serious deficiencies within the squad in this transfer window should not be tolerated

- Non-acceptance of the fact that our owner doesn't even see the clear and URGENT need for a good quality manager

If we have the mentality that all of the above is ok, that it will surely get better, then we'll be stuck like this for a long time.

Simply wouldn't be allowed to happen at a club with our supposed ambition

Cant argue with that except to say.

1 Didn't know the season had finished.

2 If it isn't finished didn't know the transfer window was closed.

3 We are definitely not getting a manager.

Aye a suppose it could get worse.

Our season has finished,top 6 ha,out of the Scottish cup,only Rangers to beat in Glasgow in a cup semi-final,easy easy intae thum,but look on the bright side,a beautiful picture of a stand and planning application no less.

You're right, it'll get better. The day it's mathematically impossible for us to get relegated is the day it will be better than it is now. I'll be there for the pitch invasion and the conga down to Haymarket. Something to celebrate for the third biggest club in Scotland.

Aye a suppose it could get worse.

Our season has finished,top 6 ha,out of the Scottish cup,only Rangers to beat in Glasgow in a cup semi-final,easy easy intae thum,but look on the bright side,a beautiful picture of a stand and planning application no less.

I take it you wont be going back.

shut up jamborich u must be the only hearts fan left that "BELIEVES" in romanov or are u his son roman

Clever, please enlighten me why you call yourself jollyjambo, got something to be happy about have we?

Arthur Morgan

Staying at Tynecastle

New stand

Signed

Arselicker

yeah jamborich i agree with some of those statements but come on if "MAD VLAD" didn't sack burley and continually pick the team then look where we could be now we would be challenging to win league the over the last 3 seasons so when u look at it then he has been a failure and don't even say he hasn't

Staying at Tynecastle

New stand

Signed

Arselicker

If we're honest we got lucky with both. We threw away a huge lead in the race for 2nd and were fortunate to beat a Div.2 (albeit newly promoted to Div.1) side at Hampden. However Mr Romanov did not accept this luck and move us forward like he should have. We still had the same squad (minus Skacel) for the CL qualifiers when clearly quality was required.

You are the naive one if you believe that anyone (ok anyone with half a brain)believed we were going to win the CL.

I'm p1$$ed off with Vlad because I was gullible enough to think we could attract a top manager following Burley's departure. Tinkerman, Scala, Robson etc. or RIX???

I was also gullible enough to believe we wouldn't sell players to the OF, he was half right on that one we sold one and GAVE the other away to them!!!

I was also gullible enough to believe that top players were on their way!!!

Where is the new stand? On its way, maybe???

Where are these wonderkids???

Where are these sellouts??? I've not seen one for a while. OK season ticket's arses are counted but they ain't all physically there every week.

What we should have believed were his quotes about his ambition to see 11 Lithuanian's playing in a match for Hearts (that may still come true).

yeah jamborich i agree with some of those statements but come on if "MAD VLAD" didn't sack burley and continually pick the team then look where we could be now we would be challenging to win league the over the last 3 seasons so when u look at it then he has been a failure and don't even say he hasn't

Sorry i must have missed something, we haven't challenged for the league in the last three seasons:conf11:

If we're honest we got lucky with both. [B]We threw away a huge lead in the race for 2nd and were fortunate to beat a Div.2 (albeit newly promoted to Div.1) side at Hampde[/b]n. However Mr Romanov did not accept this luck and move us forward like he should have. We still had the same squad (minus Skacel) for the CL qualifiers when clearly quality was required.

You are the naive one if you believe that anyone (ok anyone with half a brain)believed we were going to win the CL.

I'm p1$$ed off with Vlad because I was gullible enough to think we could attract a top manager following Burley's departure. Tinkerman, Scala, Robson etc. or RIX???

I was also gullible enough to believe we wouldn't sell players to the OF, he was half right on that one we sold one and GAVE the other away to them!!!

I was also gullible enough to believe that top players were on their way!!!

Where is the new stand? On its way, maybe???

Where are these wonderkids???

Where are these sellouts??? I've not seen one for a while. OK season ticket's arses are counted but they ain't all physically there every week.

What we should have believed were his quotes about his ambition to see 11 Lithuanian's playing in a match for Hearts (that may still come true).

Fair enough, cant be ersed at this time of night arguing

Sorry thought we finished 2nd, remind me how we through it away.

Only if you remind me how many points we were clear of Rangers at one point. I don't actually know how big the lead was but I suspect it was at least 15 and that we clinched 2nd by two points. Oh and my grammar is correct (it's threw not through).

I apologise for leaving the word "almost" out of that sentence but I did cover myself when I said we were lucky in the first sentence I typed.

Now that your one sarcastic retort has been dealt with, please feel free to argue with anything else I've commented on...

I may give you Eggert Jonsson for the young player but I'm not even sure he was a Vlad signing? Can you guarantee the rest are what they are being made out to be? Performances in their respective leagues would suggest otherwise.

Only if you remind me how many points we were clear of Rangers at one point. I don't actually know how big the lead was but I suspect it was at least 15 and that we clinched 2nd by two points. Oh and my grammar is correct (it's threw not through).

I apologise for leaving the word "almost" out of that sentence but I did cover myself when I said we were lucky in the first sentence I typed.

Now that your one sarcastic retort has been dealt with, please feel free to argue with anything else I've commented on...

I may give you Eggert Jonsson for the young player but I'm not even sure he was a Vlad signing? Can you guarantee the rest are what they are being made out to be? Performances in their respective leagues would suggest otherwise.

Yeah, cant argue with your grammar far better than mine, however your memory stinks we clinched 2nd place by one point.

Yeah, cant argue with your grammar far better than mine, however your memory stinks we clinched 2nd place by one point.

:P

That's me told. Now, your take on my other points...

PS that means we "almost" threw away more of a lead than I thought!

For the record: 16 points ahead of Rangers at start of December.

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/PostMatchLeagueTable/0,,10002~20051203,00.html

Um - whats the chances of starting a flag debate to coincide with this thread??

Same shecht, different day.......

Arthur Morgan
Sorry i must have missed something, we haven't challenged for the league in the last three seasons:conf11:

jamborich if u read my message properly then u will understand mod delete

Only time will tell guys.

My concern is that in a couple of years we will possibly have a 23,000 seat stadium and be playing against the Stirling Albions of this world in front of 6-7000 (or worse). I know it's pessimism but if it weren't for Gretna I'd have grave concerns about that being the case next season.

PS: On a personal note, my PC's been out of action for a good couple of months so I haven't been on here at all since November or something, thank feck. Nice to see in this ever changing world, Hearts are still pish and KBers are still bickering all night with each other. It's kinda comforting really. ;)

Only time will tell guys.

My concern is that in a couple of years we will possibly have a 23,000 seat stadium and be playing against the Stirling Albions of this world in front of 6-7000 (or worse). I know it's pessimism but if it weren't for Gretna I'd have grave concerns about that being the case next season.

. ;)

I'd be more concerned that in a couple of years that we have not been swallowed up by an ever increasing mountain of debt.

I have seen people on here trying to rationalise away the debt structure.... but if the figures quoted are true and if we are honest, it is worrying.

And slag him as much as we want, if Vlad loses interest and wants to walk away..what happens then?

And slag him as much as we want, if Vlad loses interest and wants to walk away..what happens then?

The same that thing that was going to happen before he arrived, except we will go under owing 80m rather than a paltry 20m.

We can only sit back and enjoy/endure the ride:wacko:

john brownlee

I believe

I'm still on the train

come on the mighty JTs lets shear the sheep today

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Jamboscanbevicius

It is not enjoyable right now but the past 3 seasons has been an interesting, sometimes fantastic, sometimes frustrating, but ALWAYS interesting time to be a jambo. For just one season we stuck 2 fingers up to the west and played like real winners. Hopefully we can do that again.

Overall I have enjoyed it and will continue to enjoy it more than the mediocre struggle to finish just above mid-table with no contoversy that we "enjoyed" for many years!

We have a quality squad which is poorly coached and managed. With a manager we could be great again, but one thing is for sure these days - whether we are great or awful we rarely do it quietly!!!

scots civil war
I believe

I'm still on the train

.................................................HILARIOUS, i sincerely hope your having a giraffe boss

Guest mussy mike

Staying at Tynecastle

New stand

Signed

Arselicker

Get A GRIP!!! there's hardly any sell-outs these days!!

Archived