Hybrid Pitch

kila

19 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You are probably right... shame it helped with the Inverness goal...skidding off the wet surface.

Probably hoped we would use it to a similar advantage. Sadly not though. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You are probably right... shame it helped with the Inverness goal...skidding off the wet surface.

Think we can put that more down to White not pressing the cross enough and Lee standing off Dorans.

Edited by DETTY29

25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Think we can put that more down to White not pressing the cross enough and Lee standing off Dorans.

All contributory factors

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The question is were we sold a “dud” or is the problem the way we are maintaining it?

Maybe not sold a dud as such, but maybe the installation wasn't up to standard.

Or, as you say, we're not maintaining it correctly.

Either way I expected better for the £1m investment

jambo-in-furness
6 hours ago, mre said:

Our pitch certainly looks one of the worst. The area in front of wheatfield b/c in particular you can see outline of pipes 😕

There did seem to be a lot of players slipping on their arses. 

If there was ever a time to get it sorted out it should be now during the pandemic. We could play our games at oriam. 

I think the “outline of pipes” may be where the players repeatedly ran over the same grass during warm up.

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

White shouldn't have had to mark both to guy taking and receiving the throw in.

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Our procurement of everything from seats, to pitches to football players has been ****ing atrocious.

Can't moan about results currently so let's take a trip down memory lane.

Totally predictable.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Maybe not sold a dud as such, but maybe the installation wasn't up to standard.

Or, as you say, we're not maintaining it correctly.

Either way I expected better for the £1m investment

The company are one of the top ones to lay this type of surface but it was done at pace and then we made an arse of it with the concert.

There is definitely an issue and it needs sorted.

Pitch was fantastic in its first year but since then something is not right at all. The recovery time that it had in lockdown was double the time it would normally have had but that seems to have made no difference at all. So who has the answers as to what is going so wrong. I also thought that Darkheid looked in poor condition during the Sparta game last week which is the same surface as ours. Fir Park on the other hand was immaculate yesterday and its not Hybrid. 

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The company are one of the top ones to lay this type of surface but it was done at pace and then we made an arse of it with the concert.

There is definitely an issue and it needs sorted.

They have just had 6 months to sort it. How long do they need. 

39 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

They have just had 6 months to sort it. How long do they need. 

Maybe 6 months and less than half the staff.....

Maybe potential contractors were 12 week lockdown or furloughing....

At one point our challengers in the Championship only wanted to play an 18 match league from January too...

Edited by DETTY29

10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Maybe 6 months and less than half the staff.....

Maybe potential contractors were 12 week lockdown or furloughing....

At one point our challengers in the Championship only wanted to play an 18 match league from January too...

Cmon mate for the money spent its very poor. As I've said previously in the first season it was a great surface. Problems since last August and it's still not right. 

Neil Dongcaster
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Totally predictable.

I’ll bite. What exactly is predictable?

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Totally predictable.

You sound as if the pitch problem is history - it’s not it’s still a problem.

7 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Cmon mate for the money spent its very poor. As I've said previously in the first season it was a great surface. Problems since last August and it's still not right. 

I'm not saying it isn't and wasb't sorted but there are factors in play this time too.

One being demotion due to crap results and further reduced budget.

1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Pitch was fantastic in its first year but since then something is not right at all. The recovery time that it had in lockdown was double the time it would normally have had but that seems to have made no difference at all. So who has the answers as to what is going so wrong. I also thought that Darkheid looked in poor condition during the Sparta game last week which is the same surface as ours. Fir Park on the other hand was immaculate yesterday and its not Hybrid. 

Next big signing Motherwell’s Head Groundsman? 🤔

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Next big signing Motherwell’s Head Groundsman? 🤔

I'm sure our Groundstaff are more than capable at their jobs. As someone has just suggested maybe their budget has been cut. If this is the case then it's disappointing as it makes the initial investment pointless. 

29 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm not saying it isn't and wasb't sorted but there are factors in play this time too.

One being demotion due to crap results and further reduced budget.

Then why are other pitches that arent anywhere near as state of the art as ours ok ?

husref musemic
2 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I think the “outline of pipes” may be where the players repeatedly ran over the same grass during warm up.

To me it's clearly a S shape run thats continuous over a stretch leaving some kind of witness mark. 

That appart it looks like  a soft bog. not great.

21 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Then why are other pitches that arent anywhere near as state of the art as ours ok ?

Because they don't have the 'base' problems ours has for whatever reason.

And to fix it needs time, resources and budget which all have been double, if not triple whammy impacted since March.

Edit, of course lack of games would on the face of it be a benefit, but even more beneficial to the teams with no games and pitch with no significant challenges.

Edited by DETTY29

I thought the lockdown would do the pitch the world of good and give it a chance to bed right in . 

It really does look a pile of shite again after a handful of games . 

Answers need to be given if this  is the best we can exoect after a million quid investment. 

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Because they don't have the 'base' problems our has for whatever reason.

And to fix it needs time, resources and budget which all have been double, if not triple whammy impacted since March.

Edit, of course lack of games would on the face of it be a benefit, but even more beneficial to the teams with no games and pitch with no significant challenges.

You say its problems with the base so can you confirm why this is and who is responsible for this issue. 

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I thought the lockdown would do the pitch the world of good and give it a chance to bed right in . 

It really does look a pile of shite again after a handful of games . 

Answers need to be given if this  is the best we can exoect after a million quid investment. 

I agree totally but don't hold your breath for answers. 

Just now, Boris5115 said:

You say its problems with the base so can you confirm why this is and who is responsible for this issue. 

Sorry when I say 'base' I don't mean the actual pitch base, but 'the base starting point' that there is something wrong with the pitch, for whatever reason that may be.

We might find out in the documentary what that fundamental issue is.......though I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Sorry when I say 'base' I don't mean the actual pitch base, but 'the base starting point' that there is something wrong with the pitch, for whatever reason that may be.

We might find out in the documentary what that fundamental issue is.......though I doubt it.

Maybe they caught Thomaso and the groundkeeper having a square go at half time

jambo-in-furness
31 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

To me it's clearly a S shape run thats continuous over a stretch leaving some kind of witness mark. 

That appart it looks like  a soft bog. not great.

I think the S shapes is where they put down the small cones to do shuttle runs,  I’ve noticed it before in front of the main stand when we were in attendance and the Hearts  

players warm up.  On Saturday it would have been the ICT players by the Wheatfield tunnel/dressing room.

I agree though, it doesn’t look great.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I think the S shapes is where they put down the small cones to do shuttle runs,  I’ve noticed it before in front of the main stand when we were in attendance and the Hearts  

players warm up.  On Saturday it would have been the ICT players by the Wheatfield tunnel/dressing room.

I agree though, it doesn’t look great.

We did tend to train In the same part every game, that made no sense to me. 

1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

I'm sure our Groundstaff are more than capable at their jobs. As someone has just suggested maybe their budget has been cut. If this is the case then it's disappointing as it makes the initial investment pointless. 

I’m sure they are - my comment was tongue in cheek Boris 

15 hours ago, Sarah O said:

For as long as I can remember the pitch is cut immediately after a game. Even at the height of winter. 

Always strikes me as a bit odd. It's surely not grown much in one day in February.

It's not getting cut because it's too long, cutting the blades encourages growth and strengthens the blades.

7 hours ago, graygo said:

It's not getting cut because it's too long, cutting the blades encourages growth and strengthens the blades.

Not in the winter it doesn’t 

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not in the winter it doesn’t 

What do the lamps do?

I thought it was to stimulate artificial light and growth.

Edit - appears so and allows grass seed to germinate.

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/lights-keep-grass-pitches-in-summer-condition-in-depths-of-winter.html

Edited by DETTY29

9 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Having watched the documentary I think I now know why the pitch is shocking.

😂

Why?

38 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Grant and Colin do a fantastic job and I wouldn't go as far as saying the pitch is shocking!  

Same, I'd like to know why Dongcaster thinks he knows why it is shocking though.

It doesn't look great in front of the Wheatfield and if the issue is the base why wasn't this rectified at the time. If I remember correctly the whole pitch including the infrastructure underneath was replaced so it shouldn't be an issue now. 

Neil Dongcaster
20 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Same, I'd like to know why Dongcaster thinks he knows why it is shocking though.

One is a hibs fan with hibs tattoos who used to sing about the IRA and the other came across as the village idiot - and I’m not referring to his speech impediment.

13 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

One is a hibs fan with hibs tattoos who used to sing about the IRA and the other came across as the village idiot - and I’m not referring to his speech impediment.

Really ? I've never heard of that before .

14 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

What are you referring to then? What made him come across as a village idiot?

3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

What are you referring to then? What made him come across as a village idiot?

Grants a Jambo unless you've snooped on his Facebook and seen his son pictured at Easter Road makes him a hibby ?.  I am also certain that hearts had a video out last year about Grant and the work he does.  

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

Grants a Jambo unless you've snooped on his Facebook and seen his son pictured at Easter Road makes him a hibby ?.  I am also certain that hearts had a video out last year about Grant and the work he does.  

I didn't say he was a hibs fan. That was Dongcaster. 

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Grant and Colin do a fantastic job and I wouldn't go as far as saying the pitch is shocking!  

How can you say they do a fantastic job? 

For the money we’ve spent it’s in bad shape.

5 hours ago, graygo said:

It doesn't what?

Grass doesn’t naturally grow in the winter under low temperatures

5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

What do the lamps do?

I thought it was to stimulate artificial light and growth.

Edit - appears so and allows grass seed to germinate.

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/lights-keep-grass-pitches-in-summer-condition-in-depths-of-winter.html

Yes lamps assist growth however we do not have enough. In the EPL they have lamps virtually covering all the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Grass doesn’t naturally grow in the winter under low temperatures

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes lamps assist growth however we do not have enough. In the EPL they have lamps virtually covering all the pitch.

2 minutes it took you to answer your own point.

We've been down this road before and I don't fancy doing it again but the grass will be cut in the winter if the conditions allow.

January.

"Consider mowing the turf if the weather allows, it will improve the appearance and collect some dead herbage."

https://www.rigbytaylor.com/knowledge-base/treatment-calendars/football-treatment-calendar/