Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tommy Brown

Its definitely improving and in better shape than I expected with this horrendous weather.

Lessons learned, Move on.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, viva hate said:

One bright side to this is the pitch will look great on our return. 

Might be a jungle if the groundkeepers are in isolation for weeks!

55 minutes ago, kila said:

Surely some of kickback's team of horticultural experts would step in , if it came to that.

King Of The Cat Cafe
9 hours ago, viva hate said:

One bright side to this is the pitch will look great on our return. 

Hope so.  I thought it looked shocking last week.

9 hours ago, kila said:

If it gets too bad just host a concert for 499 folk. 

• 4 weeks later...

Any body any information regarding the pitch? Would expect there would be a skeleton crew doing maintenance on the pitch during this pandemic

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading that smelltic have started remedial work on their Hybrid Pitch as they had similar issues as ourselves. Anyone in the know about what the position is with our pitch as has been indicated that it needs similar works. I hope it won't be compromised due to lack of funds should we be relegated. 

queensferryjambo
On 08/04/2020 at 11:46, Takis51 said:

Any body any information regarding the pitch? Would expect there would be a skeleton crew doing maintenance on the pitch during this pandemic

Official Club Statement that pitch is looking fine.

CXULN6GJSVDPBBO2C66YT5S3YI

Jambof3tornado

Grant would be the chunkiest skeleton ever!!

Pasquale for King

I was assured on here a few weeks back that the grounds men would be allowed to cut the grass.

I wasn’t sure if you could call it essential work but here’s a photo of Carricknowe on Wednesday morning, the grass has been cut.

563AD674-5817-4F6F-A0F0-DE5596BA37CF.jpeg

Volunteers are keeping Prestonfield course maintained too

Course will quickly turn into a field if it wasn't cut, even if there's no players. If I lived closer I would be more than happy to help maintain my local course!

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, kila said:

Course will quickly turn into a field if it wasn't cut, even if there's no players. If I lived closer I would be more than happy to help maintain my local course!

Yeah it wouldn’t take long to be overgrown at this time of the year, I imagine it would give you an insight into how hard these guys work. 

Pasquale for King
On 18/04/2020 at 17:51, queensferryjambo said:

Official Club Statement that pitch is looking fine.

CXULN6GJSVDPBBO2C66YT5S3YI

I thought was the reconstruction committee 😜

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was assured on here a few weeks back that the grounds men would be allowed to cut the grass.

I wasn’t sure if you could call it essential work but here’s a photo of Carricknowe on Wednesday morning, the grass has been cut.

Homesick inducing pic. :(

J.T.F.Robertson
32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry mate 

Don't be, only kiddin'. (kindo)

jamboinglasgow
6 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Homesick inducing pic. :(

Took a similar photograph from that position years back with the plan to get it turned into a painting in memory of my grandfather (still not got round to that.) Its a beautiful place to view Edinburgh especially on a sunny day like that.

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m out walking Carrick Know golf

course just now with the dogs and there’s a green keeper out on a lawnmower now cutting grass. It’s a beautiful morning. Let’s hope we get a result today 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m out walking Carrick Know golf

course just now with the dogs and there’s a green keeper out on a lawnmower now cutting grass. It’s a beautiful morning. Let’s hope we get a result today 

It’s looking great 👍🏽 

Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Where was that taken from? It looks more like Murrayfield GC from Corstorphine Hill.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where was that taken from? It looks more like Murrayfield GC from Corstorphine Hill.

My wife took it I just assumed it was Carricknowe, apologies. I’ve never played Murrayfield or been up Corstorphine Hill.

Edited by Pasquale for King

14 hours ago, kila said:

Any contact details?

I'm 2 mins from there and would love to help out.

Didn't see anything on their website.

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My wife took it I just assumed it was Carricknowe, apologies. I’ve never played Murrayfield or been up Corstorphine Hill.

You might want to ask her what she was doing up there? ::troll::

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You might want to ask her what she was doing up there? ::troll::

Walking the dogs.

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That’s exactly where it is. It’s a wee place called the rest and be thankful just behind the zoo. There’s a bench there that overlooks Murrayfield GC. There’s also a plaque that’s mentions a quote from the book Kidnapped by RLS. 

5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Any contact details?

I'm 2 mins from there and would love to help out.

Didn't see anything on their website.

Was just in a members newsletter:

"Some of you may already have noticed, we are grateful to a few volunteers who have been helping keep the course maintained during the shutdown. Our hope is that it will be in sufficiently good condition to allow our greens staff to get a flying start in preparing the course for your return to play."

You could try emailing them if you're keen. Not sure what equipment they can use given the greenkeepers have been furloughed.

• 2 months later...

Going to be this guy again and ask if anyone’s got any updated pictures of the pitch at this current time?? Expecting it to be like a carpet... Hopefully see a scarf or two held aloft on it sometime soon😉

1 hour ago, Takis51 said:

Going to be this guy again and ask if anyone’s got any updated pictures of the pitch at this current time?? Expecting it to be like a carpet... Hopefully see a scarf or two held aloft on it sometime soon😉

There is one on hearts Instagram from the 3rd of June and it looks it’s top condition, die some reason it won’t let me post it on here on my phone 

6 minutes ago, campbell said:

There is one on hearts Instagram from the 3rd of June and it looks it’s top condition, die some reason it won’t let me post it on here on my phone 

I wonder if they carried out the procedure of taking the top off it and reseeding it as recommended done each close season on hybrid pitches. 

8 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I wonder if they carried out the procedure of taking the top off it and reseeding it as recommended done each close season on hybrid pitches. 

Im guessing they havent made  the same mistake twice and have done what they were told to do.

Edited by Jamboelite

11 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Is that the procedure? I never knew that, how does the plastic stay in place with that process?

1 minute ago, primrose said:

Is that the procedure? I never knew that, how does the plastic stay in place with that process?

I believe its called Koro Topfield Maker. Grant our resident Groundsman explained the process several months ago on this thread. I think it only skims the top of without causing any damage to plastic fibres. Problem last year was the fibres were compacted under the surface. Hence the reason the top has to come off and the fibres are left standing up again. Just my understanding of it. Correct me if I am wrong. 

21 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I believe its called Koro Topfield Maker. Grant our resident Groundsman explained the process several months ago on this thread. I think it only skims the top of without causing any damage to plastic fibres. Problem last year was the fibres were compacted under the surface. Hence the reason the top has to come off and the fibres are left standing up again. Just my understanding of it. Correct me if I am wrong. 

I'm not an expert mate, anything I know has been of google or sent to me. I can understand the process now tho, so thanks for that.  I take it that the concert trample the plastic fibres flat? 

8 minutes ago, primrose said:

I'm not an expert mate, anything I know has been of google or sent to me. I can understand the process now tho, so thanks for that.  I take it that the concert trample the plastic fibres flat? 

I would have thought that the Concert would have been a factor mate. Maybe Grant could update if possible. 

1 hour ago, campbell said:

Samuel Camazzola
On 22/06/2020 at 13:55, Takis51 said:

Looking ravishing in the sun today. 

TyphoonJambo
6 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Hard to imagine that immediately to the right was the old shed😩😩

Samuel Camazzola
34 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Hard to imagine that immediately to the right was the old shed😩😩

And to the left, a big stream of pish from the bogs! 😄 

Fluorescent Adolescent
7 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

No wonder players and fans alike suggest there is no comparison. Look at what we could have had :boak: 

08E6799B-02B2-4D70-812E-6DE1D0EA83D5.jpeg

3 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Would prefer them white.

Would take them pink if we would only get rid of that amateurish giant-white-square-half-black-with-badge monstrous relic. How many years has it been like that, 15, 20?

King Of The Cat Cafe
6 hours ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

No wonder players and fans alike suggest there is no comparison. Look at what we could have had :boak: 

08E6799B-02B2-4D70-812E-6DE1D0EA83D5.jpeg

Shouldn't be too hard to fill in the corners, though...😜