Hybrid Pitch

kila

I thought there was a significant improvement at the Killie game.

Since then.

Pro - no games and a lot of wind

Against - pissed down a lot and not that much sunshine.

But again, it was intimated by end January everything would be fine again.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

I reckon that should be way down on your list of priorities tomorrow.

It is but unless I’m mistaken this thread is about the hybrid pitch. 🤔

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It is but unless I’m mistaken this thread is about the hybrid pitch. 🤔

Strange, I thought it was about you.

13 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Cut the auld yin some slack, it's Valentine's day.

Imagine living with him.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No complaints from the missus - Cooked her a wonderful meal washed down with a bottle of Moët Chandon. 😍

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Strange, I thought it was about you.

No it’s about the pitch although some on here have tried to make it personal.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No complaints from the missus - Cooked her a wonderful meal washed down with a bottle of Moët Chandon. 😍

Poor man's Bubbles.

Wouldn't be boasting about sookin yoan pish.

#prayerformrscrooked

No it’s about the pitch although some on here have tried to make it personal.

Maybe it's just your posting style that gets up folks hooters then. 

Myself, I like you.

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Poor man's Bubbles.

Wouldn't be boasting about sookin yoan pish.

#prayerformrscrooked

Shhhhh.......told tell the missus! 🤫

Maybe it's just your posting style that gets up folks hooters then. 

Myself, I like you.

😘

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Shhhhh.......told tell the missus! 🤫

Who drunk it ?

😃😃😃😃🤣🤣🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Some utter sad sacks inhabit our support.

Grown men, over 60 years old, actively trolling the forum.

Is having a bit of banter now termed “trolling”?

Asking for a friend....

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Is having a bit of banter now termed “trolling”?

Asking for a friend....

You have a wife and a friend, I'm calling Bullshit on that, or......

Let's not go down that particular pitch. 

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

You have a wife and a friend, I'm calling Bullshit on that, or......

Let's not go down that particular pitch. 

I’ll have you know I have a wife and at least 3 friends! 😊

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’ll have you know I have a wife and at least 3 friends! 😊

4 mate. 4 😉

Cruickshank for Scotland was offered a chance to discuss the pitch with a member of the ground staff but decided he wasn’t interested. 

Just a reminder of how interested he is in the actual pitch itself. 

I counted you 👍

If that's the case, I've got baggage.

You now have 47 friends. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Cruickshank for Scotland was offered a chance to discuss the pitch with a member of the ground staff but decided he wasn’t interested. 

Just a reminder of how interested he is in the actual pitch itself. 

Wondered when you would pitch up Phil (no pun)!

Some poster on here who I don’t know from Adam first wanted my private mobile number - understandably I don’t give out my private number to a fans forum, and suggested he PM me, but he knocked that back.

He then suggested I “give him a shout” at the Aberdeen game - something that I thought was impractical from my seat high up in the Wheatfield amongst a 17,000 crowd! How would I get his attention FFS - jump onto the pitch?

Hope that clarifies although no doubt some roasters will want to go with Phil’s twisted version.

If that's the case, I've got baggage.

You now have 47 friends. 

Excellent news! 👍

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Some poster on here who I don’t know from Adam first wanted my private mobile number - understandably I don’t give out my private number to a fans forum, and suggested he PM me, but he knocked that back.

He then suggested I “give him a shout” at the Aberdeen game - something that I thought was impractical from my seat high up in the Wheatfield amongst a 17,000 crowd! How would I get his attention FFS - jump onto the pitch?

Hope that clarifies although no doubt some roasters will want to go with Phil’s twisted version.

Pretty sure there’s more than one set of stairs in the Wheatfield that would take you from the top to the bottom.

Face it mate, you just want to bitch about things from the safety of your anonymous Kickback account, rather than actually get the answers you demand. 

Shat it off a Hearts employee who wanted to discuss the pitch with you. What an embarrassment. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Creepy as **** imo.  Not you, obviously. 

27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Pretty sure there’s more than one set of stairs in the Wheatfield that would take you from the top to the bottom.

Face it mate, you just want to bitch about things from the safety of your anonymous Kickback account, rather than actually get the answers you demand. 

Shat it off a Hearts employee who wanted to discuss the pitch with you. What an embarrassment. 

What made Cruicky so special to discuss the pitch with?  That’s downright creep mentality and it sounds like the person creeping knows him but not the other way about.  That’s the embarrassment. 

7 hours ago, Last Laff said:

What made Cruicky so special to discuss the pitch with?  That’s downright creep mentality and it sounds like the person creeping knows him but not the other way about.  That’s the embarrassment. 

I imagine it comes down to his constant bitching and suggestions that the ground staff be fired. 

Thinking a genuine offer to address his concerns is creepy says more about you than anyone really. 

Here's my tuppence worth, Cruickie has found a subject that he knows a little about, not as much as he thinks he does and is all over this thread because nobody can disprove him. It's tiresome and he really needs to let it go.

Pretty sure he's a decent guy and one I would probably enjoy having a pint with. First mention of the pitch and I'd be making my excuses and leaving though.

9 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And what was I to do when I got to the bottom of the stairs? Shout him over in the middle of 17,000 crowd before the game started for an in-depth discussion on the technical reasons why the pitch was in a dreadful condition? A guy that I had never met before, didn’t know his name or what he looked like?

The only embarrassment is your twisted version of events!

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I imagine it comes down to his constant bitching and suggestions that the ground staff be fired. 

Thinking a genuine offer to address his concerns is creepy says more about you than anyone really. 

“Genuine offer” my arse!

53 minutes ago, graygo said:

Here's my tuppence worth, Cruickie has found a subject that he knows a little about, not as much as he thinks he does and is all over this thread because nobody can disprove him. It's tiresome and he really needs to let it go.

Pretty sure he's a decent guy and one I would probably enjoy having a pint with. First mention of the pitch and I'd be making my excuses and leaving though.

You are correct - I know “little about“ the real reasons for the dreadful condition of the pitch - none of us on here do as the Club have stonewalled the fans apart from a “nothing to see here” statement at the AGM.

Others on here have come up with reasons such as the effect of the concert or failure to carry out proper maintenance - I’m not an expert and never have professed to be, and these suggestions came from others not me.

My beef is I think the Club have been less than honest here.

45 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And what was I to do when I got to the bottom of the stairs? Shout him over in the middle of 17,000 crowd before the game started for an in-depth discussion on the technical reasons why the pitch was in a dreadful condition? A guy that I had never met before, didn’t know his name or what he looked like?

The only embarrassment is your twisted version of events!

You’re getting awfy upset over a statement of the facts. 

If you were actually serious about finding out the ins and outs behind the state of the pitch, you were offered a chance to speak to someone involved. Except that’s not what you wanted. You just want to sit behind your Kickback account and demand people lose their jobs like a complete scumbag. 

12 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You’re getting awfy upset over a statement of the facts. 

If you were actually serious about finding out the ins and outs behind the state of the pitch, you were offered a chance to speak to someone involved. Except that’s not what you wanted. You just want to sit behind your Kickback account and demand people lose their jobs like a complete scumbag. 

Going by your language you are the one getting awfy upset Phil as you look to be a pal of the groundsman.

With regards to wanting him sacked I did raise concerns some time ago that the regular pitch and now the hybrid pitch were in terrible condition and therefore questioned the quality of our ground staff.

Since then others have come up with reasons for the terrible pitch such as the concert and the Club not carrying out proper maintenance because of it.

If you care to check back my posts you will see that I gave an unreserved apology to the groundsman if the problem lay with the Club and not the groundsman - your pal did say that it was more than his job was worth if he gave out the real reasons so that was a pretty big pointer.

As for this “chance to speak” to the groundsman I have already answered that ad naseum.

As for your last “scumbag” comment that says more about you than me.

Edited by Thomaso

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Going by your language you are the one getting awfy upset Phil as you look to be a pal of the groundsman.

With regards to wanting him sacked I did raise concerns some time ago that the regular pitch and now the hybrid pitch were in terrible condition and therefore questioned the quality of our ground staff.

Since then others have come up with reasons for the terrible pitch such as the concert and the Club not carrying out proper maintenance because of it.

If you care to check back my posts you will see that I gave an unreserved apology to the groundsman if the problem lay with the Club and not the groundsman - your pal did say that it was more than his job was worth if he gave out the real reasons so that was a pretty big pointer.

As for this “chance to speak” to the groundsman I have already answered that ad naseum.

As for your last “scumbag” comment that says more about you than me.

Yup, you decided it was better to slaughter them from the safety of your own home rather than actually get the answers you demanded. 

Bring back Jaz fae Nitten (sp) and his mates with their forks, we had the best pitch in the country then 

With due apologies if he's sadly no longer with us 

Edited by graygo

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yup, you decided it was better to slaughter them from the safety of your own home rather than actually get the answers you demanded. 

Fine are we done now?

Keep calm Phil - we have a fraught day ahead of us.

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Point taken.

Its still a bit weird though and I don’t think you would expect a random off the internet to walk pitch side and have it out with the grounds man in front of a packed crowd :lol: why not discuss it over a pint or something? 

Time to perhaps put this to bed at the moment with a couple of hours before ko.

Edited by Last Laff

Ours isn’t the only hybrid pitch to have suffered this year.

As annoying as it has been and the money spent, we really need to concentrate on more important issues.

Staying in the top league for a start.

6 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Point taken.

Its still a bit weird though and I don’t think you would expect a random off the internet to walk pitch side and have it out with the grounds man in front of a packed crowd :lol: why not discuss it over a pint or something? 

Time to perhaps put this to bed at the moment with a couple of hours before ko.

My understanding is that he was offered a chance to discuss it away from a game and he declined. So the offer changed to before the Aberdeen game and he made another excuse. 

If you’re not fussed about actually finding out the answers you’re demanding, fair enough. Be man enough to say it. Don’t keep banging on and on and on like a dog with a bone. (This isn’t aimed at you, btw). 

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

My understanding is that he was offered a chance to discuss it away from a game and he declined. So the offer changed to before the Aberdeen game and he made another excuse. 

If you’re not fussed about actually finding out the answers you’re demanding, fair enough. Be man enough to say it. Don’t keep banging on and on and on like a dog with a bone. (This isn’t aimed at you, btw). 

Sound mate, makes more sense now.  I know it wasn’t 👍

Malinga the Swinga

Pitch looked fine and pitch played fine. From the drama queens on where, was expecting mud heap but like most things on kickback, lies and rumours take over from facts.

Pitch still lacking grass and really bare in bits, but given the torrential rain it still held up well and drained away. The major work done deep underneath been well worth it.

15 minutes ago, kila said:

Pitch still lacking grass and really bare in bits, but given the torrential rain it still held up well and drained away. The major work done deep underneath been well worth it.

I think that is a pretty fair assessment Kila.

• 2 weeks later...
gorgie rd eh11
29 minutes ago, kila said:

It is looking better all the time

Not negative enough, you won't get many replies unless you're whining.

31 minutes ago, kila said:

It is looking better all the time

It's definitely holding up better but still very bare in bits. Better than Ibroke and the piggery that is for sure. 

Agreed. Improving every week. We should remember the weather has been atrocious and about as bad as it gets for pitches. So after being an embarrassment earlier in the season is very reasonable now and as mentioned better than most teams in the league. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Agreed. Improving every week. We should remember the weather has been atrocious and about as bad as it gets for pitches. So after being an embarrassment earlier in the season is very reasonable now and as mentioned better than most teams in the league. 

Absolutely, said that to my great nephew before the game.

Arthur Morgan

Unbelievably the commentators on Premier Sports mentioned how bare the pitch looked but no mention of Hibs' pitch or anyone else's recently for that matter.

Basil Hayden

Can you imagine what the pitch would look like if we had played in this weather in prior years?

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Correct. Temperatures in Edinburgh have seldom been above 5 or 6 degrees in the last couple of months. Even so-called winter grass just doesn't grow any significant amount in those temperatures, even with the lighting rigs we've got. 

Some people see EPL pitches on TV and think ours should be in a similar condition but they don't give any thought to the facts that temperatures are typically something like 4-7 degrees warmer in England and they can afford to cover half or even all of their pitches with lighting rigs at any time. 

Something clearly went wrong with the pitch earlier in the season to cause the deterioration around October-ish, but the improvement since then is almost certainly about the maximum that would have been possible, and everyone involved deserves huge credit for that.