Hybrid Pitch

kila

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

Is this "this week's "  moan... 

Nowt to whinge about on the pitch...so let's just whinge about the Pitch...

Tell you what,  some Jambos just like a f#ckin moan..!

Its a thread about the pitch, dont post on it if you dont want to.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

When we spunk out £1m for a quality hybrid pitch and get it turned into a tattie field.

I'll not bother moaning, though.

Didn't see any great improvement  to be honest,

There was clearly an improvement on it today from the last time.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not a disgrace but playing very hard so bobbles are exaggerated.

For the money that’s been spent it’s horrendous 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, henry said:

For the money that’s been spent it’s horrendous 

The money spent wasnt just on the green grass, most was spent on the bits we cant see.

It will get better.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The money spent wasnt just on the green grass, most was spent on the bits we cant see.

It will get better.

Dont man its not worth having the same chat over and over....

59 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

When we spunk out £1m for a quality hybrid pitch and get it turned into a tattie field.

I'll not bother moaning, though.

Didn't see any great improvement  to be honest,

.. we  ? 

You "spunked" a million   . .?

All on your own  ? 

If so, then whinge away..

If not...   give it a rest

50 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Its a thread about the pitch, dont post on it if you dont want to.

.. oh ok then  ...

That's me telt huh ?  

Opinions... it's what it's all about.. 

That ok cherrub  ?  

4 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

.. we  ? 

You "spunked" a million   . .?

All on your own  ? 

If so, then whinge away..

If not...   give it a rest

don't drink on an empty head, mate

The pitch is a disgrace, although I see it as a metaphor.

The green grass shoots are Stendel and the mud and lumps is budge, levein and the old regime.  Good times are returning and the losers are leaving the club one by one. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

don't drink on an empty head, mate

... mate  ?  

Dont be a keyboard warrior petal 

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

The pitch still looks shit.

That's nice  !  

State of the art. 

State of it. 

State of the money we spent on it. 

State of berra after getting his studs stuck in it. 

State of the concert we had on it. 

If Metallica had ****ed the pitch up, i could deal with it. 

Edited by Space Pirate

the Hearts way
1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

State of the art. 

State of it. 

State of the money we spent on it. 

State of berra after getting his studs stuck in it. 

State of the concert we had on it. 

If Metallica had ****ed the pitch up, i could deal with it. 

Better nick than your pitch down fester road, good luck Dundee Hibernia. 

Best of a bad lot, fae you know where! 

Looked and played better than I expected. It’ll get better as spring hits. 

Still no idea who is to blame but kudos to the groundkeepers for effort and time to

get it as playable as possible. 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The pitch is a disgrace, there’s no two ways about it, she’s been stung for a million quid! 

Utter shite.

11 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

Maybe you should be relieved of writing on here when you're so full of pish. 

And not your mate or bud neither! 

If you don't like my opinions i'm going to keep giving you them to be fair. 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

it’s worse than that mate, it’s a tattie field! 

The stung for a million is shite. The majority of those costs are the injection of the fibres and ground works, drainage,undersoil heating etc

The actual grass is the issue and has been explained already.

It will improve in fact has already.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The stung for a million is shite. The majority of those costs are the injection of the fibres and ground works, drainage,undersoil heating etc

I hope you’re right, I haven’t seen any threads or comments stating scientifically why it will improve, but during the Hibs game, it was noticeable to myself that the pitch right in front of section A was shot to pieces, and the fringe show was nowhere near that part of the pitch, it’s not impressive. 

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sorry but the Club have given no adequate explanation as to why the grass/pitch is in such terrible condition.

All they said at the AGM was that they had no complaints from opposition teams and it was to be over seeded.

Some time the pitch will improve but with respect it should never have got in that horrendous condition.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sorry but the Club have given no adequate explanation as to why the grass/pitch is in such terrible condition.

All they said at the AGM was that they had no complaints from opposition teams and it was to be over seeded.

Some time the pitch will improve but with respect it should never have got in that horrendous condition.

No it shouldnt have but that was a management decision and its done now. A few weeks time the grass will be lovely once more.

the Hearts way
21 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

If you don't like my opinions i'm going to keep giving you them to be fair. 

Dinnae trying getting smucking fart with me,

I know you're full of South side pish👀 ⛏️😱🚿

yorkshire jambo

Forget the concert... concerts happen on football pitches all the time...something fundamentally wrong with it... hopefully company who supplied it are monitoring the situation and taking the necessary action!

11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No it shouldnt have but that was a management decision and its done now. A few weeks time the grass will be lovely once more.

What management decision do you refer to?

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What management decision do you refer to?

Read the thread mate, its been done to death including pictures and videos.

33 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

Dinnae trying getting smucking fart with me,

I know you're full of South side pish👀 ⛏️😱🚿

Just you worry about waking up in the morning and leave the rest to me. 

6 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

@kila posted 3 pics of 3 different games over a month up to the At Johnstone game.

May have been yourself, who mentioned winter seed put put down. Other than that, your "done to death" is ott.

What was the cause?

I hope you are correct in that it will improve, I didn't see enough today, 3 weeks on from Aberdeen.

Players were getting caught up in it today.

Lewis Moore changing his boots during the game ( in the 2nd half), he must have been finding it pretty inconsistent.

Edited by Tommy Brown

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Incorrect - Shite weather/lack of sunlight was given as one contributing factor at the AGM

The strip in front of where we sit (front of main stand right up at the Gorgie Road end) is awful. Garuccio had about 3 balls that bobbled just as they reached him. He hit the first one first time and it ballooned away and he got pelters. The other two he took an extra touch to control it and took all the pace out the move. All down to the pitch. Most of the pitch looks better but this bit is dire

Edited by Dr Lager

pettigrewsstylist

Why did we go for a hybrid version over normal grass?

Has it fulfilled the need/wish that drove the decision/expense?

If not, why not?

Grass will be better in March.....😁

2 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

Incorrect - Shite weather/lack of sunlight was given as one contributing factor at the AGM

Oh aye - how did the hybrid pitches in the EPL cope with the shit weather and lack of sunlight then???🤔

11 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

There have been all sorts of reasons  - none have been done officially confirmed

11 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

There have been all sorts of reasons  - none have been done officially confirmed

10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Oh aye - how did the hybrid pitches in the EPL cope with the shit weather and lack of sunlight then???🤔

I was merely pointing out that what you said was incorrect. They did actually offer reasons at the AGM as to why it wasn’t looking great.

My view though seen as you asked..... The EPL teams all have lights which cover their entire pitch at night. Presumably very expensive to buy/hire/operate so we have to make do with a few covering only a few sections of the pitch at a time. If we could invest a bit more (within reason) then I would say it would be money well spent

25 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I was merely pointing out that what you said was incorrect. They did actually offer reasons at the AGM as to why it wasn’t looking great.

My view though seen as you asked..... The EPL teams all have lights which cover their entire pitch at night. Presumably very expensive to buy/hire/operate so we have to make do with a few covering only a few sections of the pitch at a time. If we could invest a bit more (within reason) then I would say it would be money well spent

Or in Tottenhams case a whole new pitch ready to reel out when required 👍

pettigrewsstylist
36 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I suspect the first question needs to be...Have we followed our installers reccomendations for maintenance and bedding in?

Thought it looked a bit better yesterday from where I sit in the Wheatfield. Be lovely in August for the next concert I’m sure. 😎

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

What were they again. I genuinely only recall the "no players, ours or others, have complained"  line. Of s=course I am not helped by the fact thaover a month after the AGM I have seen no report of it on the club website.

1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

I said the Club did not give ADEQUATE reasons for the pitch being in such a horrendous condition - if they are blaming the weather and lack of sunlight they are flying a kite! 
The weather and sunlight are no worse than last winter where the pitch was in good condition. We also did not cover the pitch with lights last winter.

The question that needs to be answered is whether the Club have maintained the pitch in accordance with instructions for a hybrid pitch - I get the feeling they will stonewall on that.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I said the Club did not give ADEQUATE reasons for the pitch being in such a horrendous condition - if they are blaming the weather and lack of sunlight they are flying a kite! 
The weather and sunlight are no worse than last winter where the pitch was in good condition. We also did not cover the pitch with lights last winter.

The question that needs to be answered is whether the Club have maintained the pitch in accordance with instructions for a hybrid pitch - I get the feeling they will stonewall on that.

Thanks. I had for some reason forgotten the "reasons" given.

At least the claim the absence of seats was due to the weather (and shipping delays) was withdrawn in about 24 hours!

28 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Just for context, the players also complain about the pitch, it’s no just fans. 

More fibs from the Club? 🤔

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Thought it looked a bit better yesterday from where I sit in the Wheatfield. Be lovely in August for the next concert I’m sure. 😎

:troll:

;)

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The weather and sunlight are no worse than last winter where the pitch was in good condition. We also did not cover the pitch with lights last winter..

I’m no Alan Titchmarsh but I would say any green-keeper / groundsman / gardener on the planet would say the weather absolutely has an impact on how grass grows, especially in winter.  Whether the weather was as good or bad last year is neither here nor there.

Not saying its the only factor for one second but weather conditions seem like a fairly significant contributing factor and I’m sure most people would agree. You surely cant deny that?

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

What were they again. I genuinely only recall the "no players, ours or others, have complained"  line. Of s=course I am not helped by the fact thaover a month after the AGM I have seen no report of it on the club website.

As per my other posts in this thread - The weather/lack of sunlight.