Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Pitch is fine. Let's whine about the seats.

You should always seek for perfection......pitch fixed, stand built, fittings and fixtures completed in the new stand.....time to fix the 'small' projects re the stadium

5 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Do you mean individual seat covers that would take hours to put on and remove or one big massive cover that would cover every seat in each of the four stands and would need an army of transformers to put on and take off as well as an amazon warehouse size storage facility?

not trying to be a smart arse but struggling to think of an easy way to cover the seats and not sure what the point would be either. 

Maybe like a massive set of blinds? 

9 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

Naw, just put them in the Roseburn next time one of the arse cheeks come to play. They will destroy them, and their club will have to play for shiny new maroon ones 😃😃😃

Think you should be made stadium manager

9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I have never understood why no cover has been fitted over the seats...most of the time they could be covered without any impact and removed on match days

That’s a lot of covering and a lot of effort to put on and then remove, for very little gain. 

10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I have never understood why no cover has been fitted over the seats...most of the time they could be covered without any impact and removed on match days

If you've never understood why this hasnt been done i’d suggest BB covers most of this off.

10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The groundsman is a perfectionist. 👌

It’ll be like a carpet by the time Hamilton come for a skelping. 

Shag?

On 21/08/2019 at 14:54, hughesie27 said:

Aye the grass is seemingly coming back but we have totally lost the majority of the stripes on that side of the pitch as a result. Absolute joke.

12 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

3AF8B31F-5A6A-4A3E-A311-C10039FC6617.jpeg

John Findlay

3AF8B31F-5A6A-4A3E-A311-C10039FC6617.jpeg

Not the largest, but what a fantastic looking stadium we have. What a privilege these players have to play football here.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Correct John. A Dundee Utd pal of mine said him and his mates were blown away by Tynecastle and described it as a “proper football stadium ‘.

Best in the country bar none. 

Surprised nobody's noticed the pitch lines look very faded, when the ref does his pre-match inspection there's no way he'll pass that fit to play. You can't just grow White grass in a week. 

Games off imo.

Shambles.

On 16/08/2019 at 12:00, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I am responding to the ongoing posts from some on here saying the pitch will be back to “perfect” for the next game. I disagree with that - sorry.

:interehjrling:

4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Surprised nobody's noticed the pitch lines look very faded, when the ref does his pre-match inspection there's no way he'll pass that fit to play. You can't just grow White grass in a week. 

Games off imo.

Shambles.

Nonsense. We plan to give Garry O’Jos a stadium tour the night before including a pitch walk round. Plenty dropped class A residue will be evident the following day. 

I seriously hope one of our next infrastructure projects is to replace the seats in the rest of the stadium. In my opinion the seats in the other 3 stands bring down a fantastic looking stadium. No doubt you’ll have people complain we’re missing out on signings because of the cost though. 

They can just re-colour them instead of replacing them, like this: https://www.seatrenew.com/services-to-restore-maintain-stadium-seats

Oh, and while they are at it painting things maroon, they should paint the stand walls too :whistling:

21 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Games off imo.

Shambles.

Maybe we could train seagulls to do a strafing shit run?

If anyone has the time going back a few pages on this thread is absolute comedy gold .Who would  have thought that grass would grow back as quickly in the highr of summer . It's a miracle, praise the lord . 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Games off imo.

Shambles.

I’ve heard the white grass seeds need to sit in a tub of bleach for a week before they are planted..........no way will the pitch be ready next week.

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ve heard the white grass seeds need to sit in a tub of bleach for a week before they are planted..........no way will the pitch be ready next week.

Sounds entirely plausible.

Budge oot!!

5 hours ago, ramrod said:

If anyone has the time going back a few pages on this thread is absolute comedy gold .Who would  have thought that grass would grow back as quickly in the highr of summer . It's a miracle, praise the lord . 

Maybe not a miracle but the Club had to hire in additional expensive heat lamps, burn a volume of extra electricity and spend money on overtime to get the pitch back into decent condition. The head groundsman was seemingly well pissed off at the damage to the pitch.

Source? A senior staff member at Hearts.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Maybe not a miracle but the Club had to hire in additional expensive heat lamps, burn a volume of extra electricity and spend money on overtime to get the pitch back into decent condition. The head groundsman was seemingly well pissed off at the damage to the pitch.

Lol 😜

upgotheheads
53 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Did the groundsman say they were heat lamps?

23 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I didn’t speak to the groundsman - as I said I spoke to a senior member of Hearts staff that I know well.

If I recall he mentioned “lamps”.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Much better having a groundsman who couldn't give a Shit I suppose. 

Get rid of the current head yin asap and get an arsehole in who can't be arsed.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Definition of perfect

(Entry 1 of 3)

1a: being entirely without fault or defect : 

Good that the pitch is well on the mend. Great work by the grounds people.

kingantti1874

We own 3 heat lamps, haven’t seen a photo over the last 2 weeks with any more than 3 in it.  

kingantti1874

ps - the head groundsman is on here, he PM’d me when I ripped the pitch before it was replaced. Would love him to contribute to the this thread, I’m sure he’s looking in. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We own 3 heat lamps, haven’t seen a photo over the last 2 weeks with any more than 3 in it.  

Don't spoil his lie...sorry I mean moan

The truth is out there

Of course perhaps the club were aware damage might result and budgeted for it in the contract..just saying

upgotheheads
44 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I think it's light they provide. I was at Tynecastle this afternoon. The pitch looks perfect. 

Any additional expense will be more than compensated for by the money raised and the good pr that it's gained for Hearts.

The ground sraff are focusing more on the Gorgie half of the pitch rather than the Roseburn side now.

The Roseburn half gets far more natural sunlight so needs less attention generally.  This is suggesting the Roseburn end is fine now.

I'm not so sure we will be doing this again unless something went dramatically wrong that can be fixed.

It was for one game but,

Got lucky with first league game away from home.

Got lucky with LC tie away from home

(Personally I far prefer 1st league and all cup ties at home)

Loss of goodwill from  many fans

Even when it was clear pitch was recovering just fine, still folk scream ruined forever.

Can't wait till we decline Lee McGregor's world title request though....and the same folk losing their shit about this, lose their shit about that.

Football fans are no ordinary customer.

46 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Much better having a groundsman who couldn't give a Shit I suppose. 

Get rid of the current head yin asap and get an arsehole in who can't be arsed.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s just weird! 🤪

41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We got another 3 in. There was a photo on Facebook last week showing all 6.

Just now, smartinmaroon said:

So what?

So what?? Have you read the thread??? I was responding to a comment made by Kingantti.

I didn’t speak to the groundsman - as I said I spoke to a senior member of Hearts staff that I know well.

If I recall he mentioned “lamps”.

Lots of heat lamps in regular use. How many did we have last week? Usually three or four visible during the week. 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We got another 3 in. There was a photo on Facebook last week showing all 6.

fair enough. Wouldn’t have cost as much as we made from hospitality though..

can we just leave it at, pitch looked shite, it’s fairly obvious now however that despite the concerns  the damage was clearly shortlived and superficial which I’m sure we are all delighted about 

Edited by kingantti1874

25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The ground sraff are focusing more on the Gorgie half of the pitch rather than the Roseburn side now.

The Roseburn half gets far more natural sunlight so needs less attention generally.  This is suggesting the Roseburn end is fine now.

I'm not so sure we will be doing this again unless something went dramatically wrong that can be fixed.

It was for one game but,

Got lucky with first league game away from home.

Got lucky with LC tie away from home

(Personally I far prefer 1st league and all cup ties at home)

Loss of goodwill from  many fans

Even when it was clear pitch was recovering just fine, still folk scream ruined forever.

Can't wait till we decline Lee McGregor's world title request though....and the same folk losing their shit about this, lose their shit about that.

Football fans are no ordinary customer.

Show me where it was said recently that the pitch was “ruined forever”?? 🤔

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

fair enough. Wouldn’t have cost as much as we made from hospitality though..

can we just leave it at, pitch looked shite, it’s fairly obvious now however that despite the concerns  the damage was clearly shortlived and superficial which I’m sure we are all delighted about 

Nobody seems to know how much we made. 

I’m only repeating what I was told by a senior member of staff.

I am more that happy to let it go and look forward to a perfect pitch next Saturday - with respect it’s not me that keeps bumping this thread with infantile comments.

56 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

To be fair, there is 4 in the last image.... 🤔

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Lots of heat lamps in regular use. How many did we have last week? Usually three or four visible during the week. 

I was told we brought in an additional 3 lamps.

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So what?? Have you read the thread??? I was responding to a comment made by Kingantti.

Yeah I can read perfectly well thank you. Here’s hoping you stick by your ‘I’m more than happy to let it go ‘ comment...