Hybrid Pitch

kila

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I am responding to the ongoing posts from some on here saying the pitch will be back to “perfect” for the next game. I disagree with that - sorry.

Fair enough, time will tell. It’s pretty clear there is no long term damage though right? I mean the hybrid fibres are still in place. worst case is small patches would need re seeded, and if that’s the case - I’m sure it’s already been done..

anyway - that’s my last view on this one

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I am basing my opinion on the latest photos - if you enlarge them you will see bare patches all over the pitch where there is no grass - not yellow grass as some have said.

As I said I do not believe the pitch will be back to the perfect condition it was in before the concert by the next game.

That is my opinion - sorry if it does not toe the party line.

Considering the original seeding pictures when there was NO grass on the original install what makes you think that patches wont recover in the same time period ?

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I am basing my opinion on the latest photos - if you enlarge them you will see bare patches all over the pitch where there is no grass - not yellow grass as some have said.

As I said I do not believe the pitch will be back to the perfect condition it was in before the concert by the next game.

That is my opinion - sorry if it does not toe the party line.

I see what looks like bare patches. I also have full confidence in the ground staff to fix these issues.

I've put grass seed in my back garden before and left it. It had grown within two weeks. 

These people are professionals, I have no doubt in my mind they can get the park looking lush and playing as it did before, by the next home game. They have everything they need at their disposal to do it and do it well.

Why do you not have any confidence in them?

Cannot win Cruiky, chap at game who never noticed any difference in bit built upon should go to Specsavers as ball defo bounced a bit differently.

39 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Considering the original seeding pictures when there was NO grass on the original install what makes you think that patches wont recover in the same time period ?

Did it only take a couple of weeks from original seeding to achieve the perfect surface we had?

36 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I see what looks like bare patches. I also have full confidence in the ground staff to fix these issues.

I've put grass seed in my back garden before and left it. It had grown within two weeks. 

These people are professionals, I have no doubt in my mind they can get the park looking lush and playing as it did before, by the next home game. They have everything they need at their disposal to do it and do it well.

I genuinely think the Club were caught out by the unexpected damage to the pitch.

It was not just yellow or discoloured grass as many were alluding to on here -  the grass had died in places all over the affected area of pitch and left sandy bare patches.

Anyway as you say professionals are on the job so hopefully all will be back to “perfect” for the next game. 👍

Dalstonjambo
50 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Exactly. I don't get why people cannot grasp this. Why must everything be doubted or disputed? 

If i can get grass seed for my garden which makes my garden lush in 2 weeks, why do people doubt professional groundsman cannot do the same? 

I doubt the ground staff were pleased with the state the pitch was left in and the remedial work to fix it.

Prof called it right before the damage occurred and he was mocked on here for saying so.

It will be sorted eventually...I'm as doubtful as Cruicky that 2 weeks will be enough to do so. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Ross County slaughtered us 0-0. We sing against the Lowbees it should of been 10 well

the highlanders should of been singing it should of been 5. What the result has to do 

with the pitch mystifies me.

It should have been 10!

29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I genuinely think the Club were caught out by the unexpected damage to the pitch.

It was not just yellow or discoloured grass as many were alluding to on here -  the grass had died in places all over the affected area of pitch and left sandy bare patches.

Anyway as you say professionals are on the job so hopefully all will be back to “perfect” for the next game. 👍

Club were caught out by the unexpected whinging 

5 minutes ago, stan said:

I doubt the ground staff were pleased with the state the pitch was left in and the remedial work to fix it.

Prof called it right before the damage occurred and he was mocked on here for saying so.

It will be sorted eventually...I'm as doubtful as Cruicky that 2 weeks will be enough to do so. 

Prof said there would be long term damage to pitch. Suggested he has some expertise. 

The long term hasn't happened. 

jambo-in-furness

My “virtual” plot had better recover fully or I will be demanding satisfaction.  A seat in the directors box will suffice Anne.

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Club were caught out by the unexpected whinging 

Ha! Ha! I see what you did there. 👍

Brave Hearts
4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The advice on here is that you “lick your windows” seemingly! 😉

Yup, and apparently “the grass is always greener”.......

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I hear the grass grew 6 inches on news of tonight’s victory!!  😊

I certainly did.

9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Did it only take a couple of weeks from original seeding to achieve the perfect surface we had?

Are we starting from scratch ??

Anyway we won and it’ll grow....in two weeks.

Edited by Jamboelite

Given we are still over 2 weeks away from the next home match, and looking at the latest pics are people still suggesting the pitch is ruined?

I think not.

Cruicky - I would love an update on your thoughts on the latest pictures that show the pitch in dire need of repair.

Scnorthedinburgh
7 hours ago, stu said:

Given we are still over 2 weeks away from the next home match, and looking at the latest pics are people still suggesting the pitch is ruined?

I think not.

Cruicky - I would love an update on your thoughts on the latest pictures that show the pitch in dire need of repair.

Disaster it's getting green again.

1 hour ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Disaster it's getting green again.

We've absolutely ruined our 1 mill quid pitch , utterly disgraceful. 

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

We've absolutely ruined our 1 mill quid pitch , utterly disgraceful. 

Interesting that the photos posted contradict her post. I wonder what's more likely - the photos being doctored or someone being wrong in what they've written?

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Interesting that the photos posted contradict her post. I wonder what's more likely - the photos being doctored or someone being wrong in what they've written?

Or taken from the other end of the park. The effected area is the Roseburn end. Like many have said, it’ll be all sorted by our next home game. Lessons learned, everyone moves on. 

23 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Grown adults? Suggest you should maybe grow up with your infantile comments.

Piña coladas are an adult drink, and yet you turned them down.

I think we all know who the real adults are here.

21 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Not stalking you mate, just remember seeing it and thinking you seemed a bit agitated.

Tried to calm him down with a refreshing, tropical, frozen drink, but no.

Edited by Justin Z

9 hours ago, stu said:

I think not.

I didn’t say it was “ruined” - I said I didn’t think it will be back to perfect by the next game as some were saying.

Hard to tell from the latest photo but let’s see at the game

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Or taken from the other end of the park. The effected area is the Roseburn end. Like many have said, it’ll be all sorted by our next home game. Lessons learned, everyone moves on. 

I'm sure it will, just pointing out that most people would not describe a pitch with Sandy bald patches as 'looking absolutely amazing, back to it's best'. 

I'm sure she has her reasons for the description, but is it accurate? No.

People moan about the hyperbole on here about how bad the pitch/player/Levein is but are happy to use it in the other direction. It would be better if everyone just dealt in reality rather than making things up.

Edited by Taffin

Bazzas right boot

Folk keeping this thread going in some vain attempt to moan. 

We won last night, I know what I'll moan about- the grass. 

😂

The grass will grow back. 

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm sure it will, just pointing out that most people would not describe a pitch with Sandy bald patches as 'looking absolutely amazing, back to it's best'. 

I'm sure she has her reasons for the description, but is it accurate? No.

People moan about the hyperbole on here about how bad the pitch/player/Levein is but are happy to use it in the other direction. It would be better if everyone just dealt in reality rather than making things up.

It’s the internet, no one deals in reality. 

The people in the huff will over egg the how bad it looks, the defenders of the clubs good name will over egg how great it looks. Everyone else will probably just understand that it wasn’t an ideal situation but trust the necessary lessons have been learned. A small handful still want the corners filled in. 

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Piña coladas are an adult drink, and yet you turned them down.

I think we all know who the real adults are here.

😴

24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk keeping this thread going in some vain attempt to moan. 

We won last night, I know what I'll moan about- the grass. 

😂

The grass will grow back. 

I’m not trying to keep this thread going but I will respond to stupid pina colada posts and the like!

As for moaning I’ve expressed my delight and credit to the team and CL on other threads.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m not trying to keep this thread going but I will respond to stupid pina colada posts and the like!

As for moaning I’ve expressed my delight and credit to the team and CL on other threads.

I can never imagine you  being delighted. 

😂

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I can never imagine you  being delighted. 

😂

Amazing what a good positive performance and away win will do for an old grump like me! 😊

39 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It’s the internet, no one deals in reality. 

The people in the huff will over egg the how bad it looks, the defenders of the clubs good name will over egg how great it looks. Everyone else will probably just understand that it wasn’t an ideal situation but trust the necessary lessons have been learned. A small handful still want the corners filled in. 

You mean we're not? 😂😂

If the company said there would be no damage so ok to do the seating, etc for the concert they must take some responsibility. Great to see it getting back to normal but I would be having a real go at them 

Look at the improvement already.   Remember the period of time until the next game.   Spend an hour or two trying to compute the data.   Have a banana and a lie down.   Stay off the drugs and FFS STFU.

Edited by Victorian

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Look at the improvement already.   Remember the period of time until the next game.   Spend an hour or two trying to compute the data.   Have a banana and a lie down.   Stay off the drugs and FFS STFU.

image.png.82723bbb3e72bb3c3117fb99293a32fa.png Would be better tbf

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

😂😂😂😂

Why a banana.... 🤣

I was at Tynie last night and from where I was, I couldn’t see a problem with the pitch at all.

Granted I was sitting in the middle of the main stand and the lighting wasn’t great, but the pitch looked really good. 

28 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Photoshopped !!! its all lies everyone knows the £1m grass is ****ed forever.

How dare you.

Cheers @Cruyff Turn

I've been trying all day to upload that photo here but put on Twitter instead.

Photo was taken today just after 4 at the War of Two Halves performance.

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

How dare you.

Cheers @Cruyff Turn

I've been trying all day to upload that photo here but put on Twitter instead.

Photo was taken today just after 4 at the War of Two Halves performance.

So I nicked it off you? :laugh:

Pitch looks ace, it’s amazing how fast the grass grows. 😄🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So I nicked it off you? :laugh:

Pitch looks ace, it’s amazing how fast the grass grows. 😄🤦‍♂️

They faded seats though 🙈