• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

annushorribilis III
6 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hearts obviously did not expect the pitch to be affected in the way it was. There is no way that we would have allowed this to happen if we knew that the pitch would be damaged in the way it was.

I suspect we have learnt from this and if we are to hold such events in the future, we will no doubt seek further guidance about how to protect the pitch to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Thankfully, we have a top groundsman, it will be repaired and the grass will grow back.

We learn from it and move on.

Mind when Liverpool played a friendly at Murrayfield. In 2019. 

I was on the war of two halves 3.30 showing yesterday and the pitch looked a lot better than Saturday. Took a couple of pictures on my phone but seem to be too big to upload.  

CavySlaveJambo

I was at “A War of Two Halves” at 3.30 yesterday. And the pitch is looking much better. 

I have a picture I shall post after some sleep. 

TyphoonJambo
9 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’m Ann Budge mate, sling yer hook. :laugh:

Gees a shotty on yer wee boat then 

Fraggle Rock
12 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Grown men still greeting and wiping snotters over this. Deay me.

Unreal comments from some one here, rather sad tbh.

No surprise that it's recovered so quickly.  One game, dry them and move on.  Least of our feckin worries...  :rolleyes5:

If it makes sound business sense to have these concerts in terms of longer term higher revenue, increasing the likelihood of more on field success for the team, then I'm happy to suffer a shitty looking pitch at the beginning of each season.

Dallas Green

Look at that!

Grass grows shocker!

How could that have happened if it was all dug up like a coo field?

Bazzas right boot

Still say they should have painted it green, would have looked better and the pant wetters and media wouldn't have noticed it. 

Be perfect in two weeks when we play again. 

2 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

From yesterday.

EA0BD31B-B6B0-4494-8433-0F9F31291BA7.jpeg

0854BFD1-18E8-410D-AA73-D93511B7CD29.jpeg

Bare patches still all over the pitch but the experts on here say it will be perfect for the next game - I bow to their greenkeeping expertise.  👍

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Bare patches still all over the pitch but the experts on here say it will be perfect for the next game - I bow to their greenkeeping expertise.  👍

Jesus ****ing Christ, give it a rest.  That's the response from the pitch after 5 days, there are a further 14 until our next home game.  It will be back to 100% by then.

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You're just trolling now. :lol:

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Jesus ****ing Christ, give it a rest.  That's the response from the pitch after 5 days, there are a further 14 until our next home game.  It will be back to 100% by then.

My opinion is the turf will not thicken into the perfect surface it was prior to the concert in time for the next game.

I’ll be delighted to be proved wrong.

1 minute ago, Nobreath said:

You're just trolling now. :lol:

I’m not actually.

Dallas Green

Grown adults having to wring their pants about a pitch that is clearly getting better and at a very fast rate :facepalm:

The Treasurer
16 hours ago, theflagman said:

Tynecastle a football stadium and the pitch should have been tip top condition for the first League game, any other event should have been at the end off the season,who ever agreed to this event should be embarrassed unless a substantial amount of money changed hands,what would have happened say if  the ref had Sayed it was unplayable,brines a few years ago postponed a game v hearts at Ross county a lot better than Tynecastle,I have no problem with the event or events but at the right time.

The stadium was in good condition (maybe not "tip top") but better than it has been in the recent past

Would be difficult to hold the opening event of the festival at any other time.

We did make a substantial profit

The game was never in danger of being called off.

The game v RC you refer to was playable but Brines decided to be a prick, but I don't see the relevance here

Yip defo bare patches, I for one cannot be misled into believing pitch is back to A1 condition on the basis of that photo, maybe blinkered jig can be mind.

Just now, Dallas Green said:

Grown adults having to wring their pants about a pitch that is clearly getting better and at a very fast rate :facepalm:

Grown adults? Suggest you should maybe grow up with your infantile comments.

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The stadium was in good condition (maybe not "tip top") but better than it has been in the recent past

Would be difficult to hold the opening event of the festival at any other time.

We did make a substantial profit

How much did we make exactly - was a figure confirmed?

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Yip defo bare patches, I for one cannot be misled into believing pitch is back to A1 condition on the basis of that photo, maybe blinkered jig can be mind.

You’re wringing your pants.....seemingly. 😉

Dallas Green
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Says the person battering their keyboard in caps about the state of the pitch. The person who would piss and moan on this thread rather than believe what the club are saying and look at pictures showing how much the grass has returned in a short period of time.

Our next home game is on the 31st of August. That is 15 days away. The pitch will be perfectly fine by then. Chill out.

2 hours ago, Nobreath said:

If it makes sound business sense to have these concerts in terms of longer term higher revenue, increasing the likelihood of more on field success for the team, then I'm happy to suffer a shitty looking pitch at the beginning of each season.

👍 Agreed! 

The Treasurer
17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How much did we make exactly - was a figure confirmed?

Not seen any official figures but it would be a decent amount, well worth the price of a wee bit brown grass

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

I'm nothing like an expert (you should see my grass!) , but our pitch is still 96% grass so they didn't realise covering it for a couple of days wouldn't make it go yellow is beyond me.

You'd also know it grows back and goes green, fast. 

capital city
14 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Having had to put up with having a garden for many years...  I can assure everyone, grass grows.

I can confirm this is true. ITK. 

Mental crying about the pitch.

Was at the game on Saturday and I didn't think the ball was affected at all 

Looks pish but don't really care to be honest.

kingantti1874
36 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You don’t think your reaction to a minor and very temporary problem has been hugely over the top? .  

As I’ve said before it did look shit, shitter than I’m sure the club anticipated. There is no long term damage. Lesson learned - not sure what’s gained by continually trying to batter the club for an error in judgement.

55 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Says the person battering their keyboard in caps about the state of the pitch. The person who would piss and moan on this thread rather than believe what the club are saying and look at pictures showing how much the grass has returned in a short period of time.

Our next home game is on the 31st of August. That is 15 days away. The pitch will be perfectly fine by then. Chill out.

Show me the post where I was battering my keyboard in “caps”??

My opinion (and I’m entitled to it) is that the pitch will not be back to its perfect state for the next home game as some are suggesting - let’s revisit this then.

55 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not seen any official figures but it would be a decent amount, well worth the price of a wee bit brown grass

No they don’t seem to have announced how money was made which would have helped deflect the criticism of the state of the pitch.

One other thing it’s not just a “bit of brown grass” it’s bare sandy areas all over the pitch.

Edited by Thomaso

36 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You don’t think your reaction to a minor and very temporary problem has been hugely over the top? .  

As I’ve said before it did look shit, shitter than I’m sure the club anticipated. There is no long term damage. Lesson learned - not sure what’s gained by continually trying to batter the club for an error in judgement.

I am responding to the ongoing posts from some on here saying the pitch will be back to “perfect” for the next game. I disagree with that - sorry.

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My opinion (and I’m entitled to it) is that the pitch will not be back to its perfect state for the next home game as some are suggesting - let’s revisit this then.

Nothing funny about it! Were you at the Ross Co game or see it on TV??? The pitch was a disgrace END OF!

As for going back to perfection - let’s wait and see!

Three exclamation marks, three question marks and a wee cap lock at the end:laugh:

11 hours ago, Cade said:

If we'd won that game, nobody would be saying a fecking thing.

Grow up.

Ross County slaughtered us 0-0. We sing against the Lowbees it should of been 10 well

the highlanders should of been singing it should of been 5. What the result has to do 

with the pitch mystifies me.

1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

Nothing funny about it! Were you at the Ross Co game or see it on TV??? The pitch was a disgrace END OF!

Three exclamation marks, three question marks and a wee cap lock at the end:laugh:

Got me there Rudi.  👍

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Got me there Rudi.  👍

Not stalking you mate, just remember seeing it and thinking you seemed a bit agitated.

Anyway, hopefully it will all be forgotten about when we start winning games:2thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ross County slaughtered us 0-0. We sing against the Lowbees it should of been 10 well

the highlanders should of been singing it should of been 5. What the result has to do 

with the pitch mystifies me.

Their fans seemed quite an educated bunch so unlikely they would have been singing that Mitch. 

Brave Hearts

Recent pictures are showing the grass is growing nicely where there is grass.

However, looks like there are still plenty of bare patches with no grass.

It’s this damage to the pitch that concerns me, not any discolouration of the grass.

3 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Their fans seemed quite an educated bunch so unlikely they would have been singing that Mitch. 

They never even sang "Our pitch is better than yours". Yes they were so polite and maybe too polite.

:greggy:

Edited by mitch41

Dallas Green
On 14/08/2019 at 08:00, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

21 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

One question mark is enough too. More just makes you seem... infantile.

What are you basing your opinion on anyway?

The pictures show how much it has regrown since the weekend. Are you just purposely missing that?

When the next home game comes around and the pitch looks and plays perfectly fine you will look even more silly, with the over reaction you have had to the pitch.

Jeez thomaso, away back and lick your windows.

Pitch is still recovering, 2 more weeks of growing before next home game. Check back earlier photos of the pitch being seeded to see how quickly grass grows. Patchy bits will gradually fill out over the next week.

1 hour ago, Brave Hearts said:

Recent pictures are showing the grass is growing nicely where there is grass.

However, looks like there are still plenty of bare patches with no grass.

It’s this damage to the pitch that concerns me, not any discolouration of the grass.

The advice on here is that you “lick your windows” seemingly! 😉

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

One question mark is enough too. More just makes you seem... infantile.

What are you basing your opinion on anyway?

The pictures show how much it has regrown since the weekend. Are you just purposely missing that?

When the next home game comes around and the pitch looks and plays perfectly fine you will look even more silly, with the over reaction you have had to the pitch.

I am basing my opinion on the latest photos - if you enlarge them you will see bare patches all over the pitch where there is no grass - not yellow grass as some have said.

As I said I do not believe the pitch will be back to the perfect condition it was in before the concert by the next game.

That is my opinion - sorry if it does not toe the party line.