• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, XB52 said:

absolute rubbish. The pitch played perfectly fine, end of story

Have to disagree the pitch never played perfectly fine, at the main stand side the ball because of no grass just rolled like a first generation Astro pitch. 

Wasn’t just a “little bare” I’m in lower N and parts of the pitch had no grass at all and was cut up pretty bad from the warm up. End of the match it looked like a coo field. Total farce 

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Have to disagree the pitch never played perfectly fine, at the main stand side the ball because of no grass just rolled like a first generation Astro pitch. 

I agree. Interesting how we all have different views though. I suspect McCrae sits in section N like me and he reckoned the ball was sticking in the sand but i thought it rolled quickly which I think is what you are implying.

We’re all agreed it looked aesthetically terrible but the team/tactics were the biggest disgrace, not the pitch.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Would you swap a thread bare pitch for 1 game for a bucket full of signings and pedigree ones at it?

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Would you swap a thread bare pitch for 1 game for a bucket full of signings and pedigree ones at it?

So without hosting the concert we would not have made a bucket full of pedigree signings???

Desperate excuse that one! 😂

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Wasn’t just a “little bare” I’m in lower N and parts of the pitch had no grass at all and was cut up pretty bad from the warm up. End of the match it looked like a coo field. Total farce 

Exactly! 

2 hours ago, kila said:

To repeat what can be seen in earlier photos... the Gorgie end was fine, it was only 2/3 of the Roseburn half that was a little bare, and even then it was just the corner flag area by the main that was lacking a bit grass. Players looked like they coped fine, no one struggled to put a corner in, Ross County boy didn't slip on it as he dashed away from a knackered White during the penalty etc.

You're saying the pitch impacted the style of play for both teams, which is not true. Hearts were predictably pish on the green end of the pitch as well as the not-so-green. Ross County did well on all parts of the pitch, should've won by 3.

Ok going by your theory if the pitch had been perfect Ross Co would have won by 3.

Cunning plan - feck up the pitch to stop football breaking out. 😉

20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely, I'm all in for that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So without hosting the concert we would not have made a bucket full of pedigree signings???

Desperate excuse that one! 😂

Excuse?

People are putting millions into our club. 

Gratitude 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Excuse?

People are putting millions into our club. 

Gratitude 

People are putting millions into the Club predominantly the fans who have contributed a vast sum so far.

What has that to do with the poor state of the pitch on Saturday???

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

People are putting millions into the Club predominantly the fans who have contributed a vast sum so far.

What has that to do with the poor state of the pitch on Saturday???

Investment. Benefactors. Shy.

Edited by Sir Gio

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Investment 

Sorry I just don’t see the link

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Levein on Saturday said there was no rental fee.

Friends do great things for one another 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Friends do great things for one another 

Stop being obtuse SG and just spit it out

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sorry I just don’t see the link

I'm sure Anns pals saw us alright. Probably more than once. You need to trust her and look forward to the accounts and appreciate the squad if not the coaching 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm sure Anns pals saw us alright. Probably more than once. You need to trust her and look forward to the accounts and appreciate the squad if not the coaching 

Can her pals supply us with some grass seed....

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stop being obtuse SG and just spit it out

I can't know for sure, not ITK but what I do know,  the concert was partly the brainchild of massive Hearts fans. 

Edinburgh Festival,  LA Philharmonic Orchestra. 

I doubt these people are not philanthropic 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

But no, he has literal thousands of words of screaming and wailing to do about brown grass.

Imagine all the piña coladas he's missed out on already. But no, he'd rather keep utterly pointlessly ranting about something that already happened and can't be changed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can her pals supply us with some grass seed....

No need,  pitch is healing just fine. 

It was an eyesore it was shit but I am willing to believe it was for a far greater good. 

Good night,  time to dream of future glory  :)

Just now, Sir Gio said:

No need,  pitch is healing just fine. 

It was an eyesore it was shit but I am willing to believe it was for a far greater good. 

Good night,  time to dream of future glory  :)

👍

Brown grass
On the other side nothing but brown grass
Now I'm open wide
To the truth I left behind
Her loves so hard to find
Now I find myself
Falling down on brown grass
Now I find myself rolling 'round on brown grass
Brown grass 
On the other side nothing but brown grass
Now I made a mess
Of the life I had with you
In search of something new
Now I find myself falling down on brown grass
Now I find myself rolling 'round on brown grass

Folk really need to let this go.

90 minutes of having a 100% perfect pitch was ultimately sacrificed to showcase the stadium and facilities with potential future revenue streams in mind.

I’ve no doubt the temporary ‘damage’ was far worse than expected and I’m guessing this was partially down to the amount of rainfall around the time of the set-up and breakdown of the structure.

This sort of thing is very new to us and a lesson will have been learned. 

The condition of the pitch had no bearing on the match result and it’s had no bearing on us being able to attract new players.

Anyone still angry about this needs to get out and about a bit more.

11 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m being silly???? Have you read some of the guff on here?? “Pina Colada” FFS!

You're responsible for 99..9% of it, embarrassing stuff from you constantly thread after thread . You must be Hibs , no Hrarts fan could be a sad as you ,even by Kickbacks lofty standards. 

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

You're responsible for 99..9% of it, embarrassing stuff from you constantly thread after thread . You must be Hibs , no Hrarts fan could be a sad as you ,even by Kickbacks lofty standards. 

That isn’t a silly post - it’s infantile!

Hibs fan eh - did you think that up all on your own???

No “Hrarts” fan!! 😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That isn’t a silly post - it’s infantile!

Hibs fan eh - did you think that up all on your own???

No “Hrarts” fan!! 😂😂😂

Aye, the glass is always greener on the other side. 🙃

I was 5 rows from the front and the pitch was playing very bad.  you could see players struggling to control it on the bare surface, it was cutting up and bobbling about.  To say otherwise is just being daft. 

Im sure it will recover in time for our next home game but to try and say there was no effect on the play because it is just silly. 

3 minutes ago, Bainy said:

I was 5 rows from the front and the pitch was playing very bad.  you could see players struggling to control it on the bare surface, it was cutting up and bobbling about.  To say otherwise is just being daft. 

Im sure it will recover in time for our next home game but to try and say there was no effect on the play because it is just silly. 

I can’t say I noticed any noticeable impact sitting high up in the Wheatfield 

The pitch by section N was shocking. There was very little grass. I thought it effected Whites turn when he Grove away the penalty as turning on soil isn’t as easy as grass. 

Having said that I think it was right to host the event. There is likely to be benefits from the exposure. The club said they consulted the experts and were told it would be fine. Fair enough, can’t do much more than that. 

My only issue is that the statement the club issued said it was fine when it was clear to anyone on that side of the pitch it wasn’t. 

All they had to say was it didn’t quite cope as well as they thought it would and they’d bare that in mind in future. 

The pitch will recover & by the Hamilton game its likely there will be no sign of it at all. But to claim it was just an aesthetic issue was wrong. It was like pretend it’s fine and it will be. 

Think had they just admitted it wasn’t ideal most would have accepted it.

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I can’t say I noticed any noticeable impact sitting high up in the Wheatfield 

i was in lower N it was defintely having an impact it was bouncing different but that particular part looked to be the worst. 

Might just be our players actually just have issues controlling a football in general but it was bobbly you could see when the ball was passed along it.  Ill give uche the benefit of the doubt with his shot/cross in the first half that it might of bobbled before he swung his boot at it but im being generous. 

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, Bainy said:

i was in lower N it was defintely having an impact it was bouncing different but that particular part looked to be the worst. 

Might just be our players actually just have issues controlling a football in general but it was bobbly you could see when the ball was passed along it.  Ill give uche the benefit of the doubt with his shot/cross in the first half that it might of bobbled before he swung his boot at it but im being generous. 

If there were bobbles they were very minor as I didn't notice any either. People would have been very quick to highlight it if the pitch had caused a specific incident.

There is no doubt the pitch was bare in that corner though.

39 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Watch out mate - some numpty on here will call you a Hibby! 😉

50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Aye, the glass is always greener on the other side. 🙃

😖

Tynecastle a football stadium and the pitch should have been tip top condition for the first League game, any other event should have been at the end off the season,who ever agreed to this event should be embarrassed unless a substantial amount of money changed hands,what would have happened say if  the ref had Sayed it was unplayable,brines a few years ago postponed a game v hearts at Ross county a lot better than Tynecastle,I have no problem with the event or events but at the right time.

Sexton Hardcastle
2 minutes ago, theflagman said:

Tynecastle a football stadium and the pitch should have been tip top condition for the first League game, any other event should have been at the end off the season,who ever agreed to this event should be embarrassed unless a substantial amount of money changed hands,what would have happened say if  the ref had Sayed it was unplayable,brines a few years ago postponed a game v hearts at Ross county a lot better than Tynecastle,I have no problem with the event or events but at the right time.

Grown men still greeting and wiping snotters over this. Deay me.

Hearts obviously did not expect the pitch to be affected in the way it was. There is no way that we would have allowed this to happen if we knew that the pitch would be damaged in the way it was.

I suspect we have learnt from this and if we are to hold such events in the future, we will no doubt seek further guidance about how to protect the pitch to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Thankfully, we have a top groundsman, it will be repaired and the grass will grow back.

We learn from it and move on.

hoof.hearted

I'm nothing like an expert (you should see my grass!) , but our pitch is still 96% grass so they didn't realise covering it for a couple of days wouldn't make it go yellow is beyond me.

jamboinglasgow
34 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

I'm nothing like an expert (you should see my grass!) , but our pitch is still 96% grass so they didn't realise covering it for a couple of days wouldn't make it go yellow is beyond me.

Or they knew it would have a discolouring effect but were advised that it would have no effect to how the pitch holds up or plays on, so felt one game with discoloured grass is fine. They just didn't expect how some fans would treat it as the sky falling in.

1 minute ago, Getintaethem said:

Having had to put up with having a garden for many years...  I can assure everyone, grass grows.

and if you fertilise it with the shit we’ve been playing lately it will grow even quicker!

::troll::

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hearts obviously did not expect the pitch to be affected in the way it was. There is no way that we would have allowed this to happen if we knew that the pitch would be damaged in the way it was.

I suspect we have learnt from this and if we are to hold such events in the future, we will no doubt seek further guidance about how to protect the pitch to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Thankfully, we have a top groundsman, it will be repaired and the grass will grow back.

We learn from it and move on.

:lol:

Do you work for the club?