Hybrid Pitch

kila

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Folk are frustrated with the way things are going. Yes the outrage may have been over the top. 

But the pitch shouldn’t have looked like that for the first game of the season. 

Anyway we are where we are. 

Did the pitch affect the game or the football played on it (or what little there was) ?

The answer is no.

So in order to earn the wages of one of our new players for a year we had to play one game with the grass looking not very nice.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nothing funny about it! Were you at the Ross Co game or see it on TV??? The pitch was a disgrace END OF!

As for going back to perfection - let’s wait and see!

A disgrace ??

It looked a wee bit discoloured in patches.

Our old pitch was a disgrace, Fir Park's old pitch was a disgrace, ER's is a disgrace.

The surface was fine just it's appearance didn't look great. It will be back at it's best for the next home game and the club are £100k + better off.

16 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Levein on Saturday said there was no rental fee.

Did Ann Budge not say Tynecastle was offered to the festival organisers FOC as long as they picked up the catering and security costs etc. 

I would imagine we would have charged for electricity usage & sold drinks etc. So Hearts would have made a small amount of money at least. 

Whilst undoubtedly the pitch looked crap it played ok. I would imagine the plan was always to try this kind of event at Tynie and lessons will be learned. I doubt we envisaged holding a 150 piece orchestra (I think) so soon but if you look at the pictures its where the stage was and not where the seating was that's the problem. Im sure if any further events are held they will have a better understanding of what needs to be done to stop this happening, for instance I would imagine a boxing ring or smaller stage for bands could be erected far quicker so presumably not cause damage. Anyway we were crap on Saturday and absolutely nothing to do with the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did Ann Budge not say Tynecastle was offered to the festival organisers FOC as long as they picked up the catering and security costs etc. 

I would imagine we would have charged for electricity usage & sold drinks etc. So Hearts would have made a small amount of money at least. 

I also think it was seen as a 'loss leader' to show off Tynecastle can hold large events in the future.  

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nothing funny about it! Were you at the Ross Co game or see it on TV??? The pitch was a disgrace END OF!

You really need to calm down. You weren't ranting like this when the pitch under Cathro looked like a mud bog--far, far worse.

Seriously, go have a piña colada or something.

8 hours ago, farin said:

75259FC3-E140-43C4-B538-79075D3A6136.jpeg.418520bd30e37cef3333e45cadcd68fe.jpeg

Any pictures of the corner where there was no grass?

Edited by McCrae

16 minutes ago, McCrae said:

7919B6F7-BAA2-4242-99E1-6D19507C5575.thumb.jpeg.b9a46304d5c3cc14671db210d0fbe3fa.jpeg

Is that from Saturday though? I can’t imagine we’d have stewards every twenty  yards at last nights game. 

heartsfc_fan
5 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Is that from Saturday though? I can’t imagine we’d have stewards every twenty  yards at last nights game. 

They didn't play at Tynecastle last night.

kingantti1874

Hearts fans desperate for the pitch to be “destroyed” simply so they are proven correct. 

pitch looked shite on Saturday but will be perfect by next home game, £1m pitch back to looking like £1m pitch..

drama over

8 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

So the official opening of the Edinburgh International Festival, one of the world's great festivals, and the prestige that entails, is tinpot? Ok then. 

Also, without the revenue that that and other non-footballing events brings into the club, we may not have been signing anyone this week.

I suppose in your world the grass is always greener........or perhaps not.

I am sure I read somewhere we received no money for the Edinburgh Festival event....

2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I am sure I read somewhere we received no money for the Edinburgh Festival event....

Did you also hear we made no money from the sold out hospitality at the event?.

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Did you also hear we made no money from the sold out hospitality at the event?.

I posted what I heard. I think it was from an article in the Evening News. I did not offer an opinion on the matter either for or against.

Go and find someone else to argue with.

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

I posted what I heard. I think it was from an article in the Evening News. I did not offer an opinion on the matter either for or against.

Go and find someone else to argue with.

Not looking for an argument , this fact ha s been posted many times already on this thread usually by anti Hearts bams. If you don't align yourself with them , fine.

Haringshairband

Are folk still seething about this. So a mistake was made prior to the first game of the season. We will learn from it. Move on ffs!! 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, ramrod said:

For a start it wasn't cut up and secondly it looks like it's going to be back to perfection for the  next home game . 

So for ONE game the pitch looked bad but played ok . All that hyperbole from some clowns , Hearts fans of otherwise made for hilarious reading tbh . 

Next home game is 31st, I bet when we look at the pitch we won't be able to tell that it was used for the concert.

7 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Are folk still seething about this. So a mistake was made prior to the first game of the season. We will learn from it. Move on ffs!! 

We've already booked to host the Plough World Championships in October though. 

5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

A disgrace ??

It looked a wee bit discoloured in patches.

Our old pitch was a disgrace, Fir Park's old pitch was a disgrace, ER's is a disgrace.

The surface was fine just it's appearance didn't look great. It will be back at it's best for the next home game and the club are £100k + better off.

Where was it confirmed we made £100k + when hosting the concert???

Edited by Thomaso

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Next home game is 31st, I bet when we look at the pitch we won't be able to tell that it was used for the concert.

Let’s re-visit that after the next home game

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

You really need to calm down. You weren't ranting like this when the pitch under Cathro looked like a mud bog--far, far worse.

I was actually.

3 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

Yes that was from Saturday.

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I was actually.

Not the last time I'll be wrong. :lol: But only half in this case. You still need to calm down. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, sam? said:

I wonder how murrayfield seems to cope with much larger concerts and allegedly the same surface ? 

Good question. I think the big concerts are built up and taken down within 48 hours as the tour moves to the next venue.

Does anyone know how long the staging at Tynecastle stayed up for in total. 

7 hours ago, sam? said:

I wonder how murrayfield seems to cope with much larger concerts and allegedly the same surface ? 

I've done the tour at Murrayfield and they do a small part on the hybrid pitch, they explained they actually kill off the grass each summer and grow new grass for the next season.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We didn’t charge a fee to host the event,  we did however make money through hospitality sales.

Its amazing how many on here haven't been able to grasp that.

7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

absolute rubbish. The pitch played perfectly fine, end of story

5 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Not looking for an argument , this fact ha s been posted many times already on this thread usually by anti Hearts bams. If you don't align yourself with them , fine.

Gee thanks pal.....

However, since I see you are in my home town I will let off on this occasion....

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, I.T.K said:

Good question. I think the big concerts are built up and taken down within 48 hours as the tour moves to the next venue.

Does anyone know how long the staging at Tynecastle stayed up for in total. 

Stage Crewe were still in Gorgie on Sunday.

Can't confirm how much of stage still had to come down, but they were still working as it was hard hard and boots all round.

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Its amazing how many on here haven't been able to grasp that.

they don’t want to grasp it, doesn’t fit the agenda

5 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Can't confirm how much of stage still had to come down, but they were still working as it was hard hard and boots all round.

I guess the panels protecting the pitch were the last things to be removed. 

For next time the contract should state that the pitch should be cleared within 12 to 16 hours of event finishing. This would mean the riggers are  working night shift to clear the pitch. 

Hungry hippo
15 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Hard hard and boots is one of the kinkiest films you'll ever see.

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Seriously, go have a piña colada or something.

If you're not in to yoga, if you have half a brain. :singer:

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

absolute rubbish. The pitch played perfectly fine, end of story

Half the pitch was bare as a badgers arse!

End of story!!

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Half the pitch was bare as a badgers arse!

End of story!!

who gives a toss how it looked, it played fine. And that is a FACT.

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

If you're not in to yoga, if you have half a brain. :singer:

:lol: If you hate ruining our green pitch, with a big giant stage

I'm the one that you've looked for, pants wet and full of rage

Edited by Justin Z

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

How would you know it played fine - the ball was never on the ground - HOOF!!!!

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How would you know it played fine - the ball was never on the ground - HOOF!!!!

Your being silly now. 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Putting FACT in capitals doesn’t mean it”s true.  The condition of the pitch was a problem and it did impact the game. The ball does not move the same on grass as it does on bare soil or sand. Now that is a real fact.  The ball was getting held up when players tried to dribble. On a normal grass pitch the ball would not have held up as long as it did in the incident which led to the penalty.  Players were hitting the ball much harder in the sand pit end to make sure it didn’t stick.

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Putting FACT in capitals doesn’t mean it”s true.  The condition of the pitch was a problem and it did impact the game. The ball does not move the same on grass as it does on bare soil or sand. Now that is a real fact.  The ball was getting held up when players tried to dribble. On a normal grass pitch the ball would not have held up as long as it did in the incident which led to the penalty.  Players were hitting the ball much harder in the sand pit end to make sure it didn’t stick.

Didn't look like the players struggled to me, Ross County played well

5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Spot on!  Stand by for the “pant wetter” accusations from the apologists on here!

1 minute ago, kila said:

Didn't look like the players struggled to me, Ross County played well

I don’t think any side play well.  The pitch made it a physical battle. We didn’t have the midfield players to win it.

Just now, McCrae said:

I don’t think any side play well.  The pitch made it a physical battle. We didn’t have the midfield players to win it.

👍

47 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Your being silly now. 

I’m being silly???? Have you read some of the guff on here?? “Pina Colada” FFS!

8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

To repeat what can be seen in earlier photos... the Gorgie end was fine, it was only 2/3 of the Roseburn half that was a little bare, and even then it was just the corner flag area by the main that was lacking a bit grass. Players looked like they coped fine, no one struggled to put a corner in, Ross County boy didn't slip on it as he dashed away from a knackered White during the penalty etc.

You're saying the pitch impacted the style of play for both teams, which is not true. Hearts were predictably pish on the green end of the pitch as well as the not-so-green. Ross County did well on all parts of the pitch, should've won by 3.

Edited by kila

1 hour ago, kila said:

To repeat what can be seen in earlier photos... the Gorgie end was fine, it was only 2/3 of the Roseburn half that was a little bare, and even then it was just the corner flag area by the main that was lacking a bit grass. Players looked like they coped fine, no one struggled to put a corner in, Ross County boy didn't slip on it as he dashed away from a knackered White during the penalty etc.

You're saying the pitch impacted the style of play for both teams, which is not true. Hearts were predictably pish on the green end of the pitch as well as the not-so-green. Ross County did well on all parts of the pitch, should've won by 3.

Each to their own view. I don’t agree with yours. I sit in the main stand near the worst effected area.

where do you sit?