Hybrid Pitch

kila

38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The pitch was below standard, despite what some said on here. 

The club will learn and won’t be hosting any more events such as this so close to kick off. 

A sensible viewpoint.    Pitch was a bit shit.    Made no difference.    Pitch will be fine for the next game.

Further up the thread we see someone insist that "everybody should give a **** about it".     Enlightening,    because that's the real issue here.    Some people aren't best pleased that not everyone is joining in with the big group seethe.    The truth is that these people are already alienated by the club and the embarrassing pitch is the latest proxy battle.    

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Usual mentality slate anyone who dares to try something different and look at the little picture. Pitch was fine today , (it possibly was quicker on the bald patches) it’ll grow back as you said and we made some cash out of it. I heard BBC slating it earlier too almost taking the piss we had held a concert there. 

Slate Levein , the players , slate Ann about performances but slating us for taking expert advice then making some money and looking at ways to increase our revenues. That says it all about our national broadcaster. 

Hopefully we learn from that and utilise that knowledge next time to ensure we don’t have the same problem. If we can do these things several times a year we are looking at our turnover growing decently again. Aberdeen’s new stadium plans costings etc include hosting several outside events every year (in direct competition to the new conference centre). Clubs need to do what they can and getting tie ups and new potential businesses / customers into Tynecastle before Hibs get them near Easter Road is a good thing. 

Definitely, as long as the pitch has time to recover in time for games. It didn’t cause any problems but it could’ve, the bare bits didn’t take a stud. 

afanderson33

If the club has in fact made no income from the concert then questions have to be asked. If we’ve done it for the “prestige”, then what is that prestige exactly? Football clubs gain prestige for winning trophies not hosting concerts. 

5 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

If the club has in fact made no income from the concert then questions have to be asked. If we’ve done it for the “prestige”, then what is that prestige exactly? Football clubs gain prestige for winning trophies not hosting concerts. 

Where has it been confirmed the club made no income from this? I didn't realise hospitality was a freebie too, damn it!

If only having more money to spend meant a higher chance of winning trophies... All these off the pitch vanity projects are just not doing anything to bring money in, nor letting us afford the likes of a Naismith or Damour. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Where has it been confirmed the club made no income from this? I didn't realise hospitality was a freebie too, damn it!

If only having more money to spend meant a higher chance of winning trophies... All these off the pitch vanity projects are just not doing anything to bring money in, nor letting us afford the likes of a Naismith or Damour. 

Well said , however I did read yesterday its a joke we sign players like Damour or Naismith so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems unlikely that so many people can be as (for want of a better word) stupid to realise that things like this if they work can be additional revenue stream to continue to grow the club and increase our turnover further which in turn if invested correctly will bring more on pitch success.

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A sensible viewpoint.    Pitch was a bit shit.    Made no difference.    Pitch will be fine for the next game.

Further up the thread we see someone insist that "everybody should give a **** about it".     Enlightening,    because that's the real issue here.    Some people aren't best pleased that not everyone is joining in with the big group seethe.    The truth is that these people are already alienated by the club and the embarrassing pitch is the latest proxy battle.    

It's a very visceral reminder that the 'football department' isn't as high up the agenda as it should be and in turn has rustled people's jimmies big time.

The pitch will be fine come the next home game. The performance probably won't and in turn there will be something else found for people to direct their ire at. It's quite predictable but equally understandable. Until we start performing at least close to the standard that should be expected given the quality of player people will continue to view us as not prioritising correctly. The club has made this scenario off their own back so I don't think it's too harsh for people to call them out on it. 

afanderson33

There is no issue with off field vanity projects that bring us in money. 

This particular project had a direct impact on field and damaged our £1m pitch and as such should not be discarded simply because the upper middle class had dinner and drinks in the Gorgie suite. 

afanderson33

Is it not also worth bearing in mind that we may have had prospective signings at the game? You turn up to get a feel of the place and see the pitch in that state and then watch the team lumber around? These things do matter. Appearances do matter. First impressions matter. 

jambo-in-furness
50 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Is it not also worth bearing in mind that we may have had prospective signings at the game? You turn up to get a feel of the place and see the pitch in that state and then watch the team lumber around? These things do matter. Appearances do matter. First impressions matter. 

I can't disagree with anything there.

On 10/08/2019 at 10:14, Longshanks said:

Just wait till we start having proper music concerts.  Hopefully one day I'll get to see Rammstein at tynecastle, big circle pit in the middle of the pitch :wub:

Good thought but more likely Murrayfield for them. Tynie is too small. If they ever come back to Scotland.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

Of course. 

But. Big but.

There wouldn't be any signings without benefactors chucking money at us. 

Not amused by the pitch but there is a wider view, perhaps is not really understood 

allanwilson1970

I was embarrassed to sit and look at the state of the pitch. First and foremost and always of the highest priority we are a FOOTBALL club and not a community club. 

The community aspect is important but is should never step in the toes of the football club. 

New season, new anticipation for the first home game and the pitch is an embarrassment and I frankly do not give a rats if it was aesthetics only.  99 percent of us fans don’t care about the Orchestra we care only about football and spending our hard earned on following our team up and down the country from U16 to U18 to reserves to first team. Spending a large part of my money on this so I expect the same commitment from our board and not to give us sub standard crap for a pitch on the best day of every season, our first home league game.  I am a unnerved about this and also the game yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

I was embarrassed to sit and look at the state of the pitch. First and foremost and always of the highest priority we are a FOOTBALL club and not a community club. 

The community aspect is important but is should never step in the toes of the football club. 

New season, new anticipation for the first home game and the pitch is an embarrassment and I frankly do not give a rats if it was aesthetics only.  99 percent of us fans don’t care about the Orchestra we care only about football and spending our hard earned on following our team up and down the country from U16 to U18 to reserves to first team. Spending a large part of my money on this so I expect the same commitment from our board and not to give us sub standard crap for a pitch on the best day of every season, our first home league game.  I am a unnerved about this and also the game yesterday. 

Totally agree with you, I'm genuinely worried about where we're currently heading, the pitch being in that state should not be played down by anyone.

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Let's cut to the chase and cut out the procrastination. 

If we had played well yesterday and won five nil the pitch would barely get a mention as we all know it will be pristine in a few weeks.

This guy's on the ball.

All these people jumping up and down on the hyperbole express are at it.     Embarrassment seems to be the buzz word.     Nobody is actually experiencing any embarrassment.     It's a wholly misplaced trope for the purpose of identifying one's self as a self perceived real fan.     It's complete and utter bollocks.

I'm not in the least bit concerned about it and I'm as real a Hearts fan as any of these cartoons.

Edited by Victorian

SpruceBringsteen
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This guy's on the ball.

All these people jumping up and down on the hyperbole express are at it.     Embarrassment seems to be the buzz word.     Nobody is actually experiencing any embarrassment.     It's a wholly misplaced trope for the purpose of identifying one's self as a self perceived real fan.     It's complete and utter bollocks.

I'm not in the leasr bit concerned about it and I'm as real a Hearts fan as any of these cartoons.

If anyone was genuinely embarrassed by the colour of some grass, they'd be completely incapable of functioning in society.

What these lengths actually mean is "I'm unable to take a light slagging from this Hibs boy I ken"

30 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This guy's on the ball.

I'm not in the least bit concerned about it and I'm as real a Hearts fan as any of these cartoons.

21 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

If anyone was genuinely embarrassed by the colour of some grass, they'd be completely incapable of functioning in society.

What these lengths actually mean is "I'm unable to take a light slagging from this Hibs boy I ken"

Awesome posts...besides any Hibs fan who slags you is an absolute walloper with no grip on reality and selective memory of the last 140years.

...a bit disco

"Embarrassed".

"Unnerved".

"Genuinely worried".

:rofl:

I'm "genuinely" struggling to understand how some people get through life on a day to day basis.

Edited by ...a bit disco

5 hours ago, Ribble said:

Doubt we have the sway to move the Edinburgh Festival by a month or two

Not saying we do 😁

Concerts can be a real good earner for clubs but there is a time for them and that’s not a week before the season starts

14 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

"Embarrassed".

"Unnerved".

"Genuinely worried".

:rofl:

I'm "genuinely" struggling to understand how some people get through life on a day to day basis.

Yup.

And the chat of the £1m pitch being damaged, i hope people are aware that the majority of that money wasnt the cost of the ****ing grass which is all that needs to regrow.

You’d think we dug up the whole drainage system, sprinklers and everything else the way people are going on.

The club took expert advice from the suppliers and manufacturers of our pitch before hosting this prestigious concert. Using our home for this was a real coup for AB. Revenue has expanded due to our corporate and retail facilities. AB wants to showcase our ground and this will not be the last concert here.  What’s not to be happy about this? We should applaud forward thinking and business acumen not slating the club for some bare patches of grass that will recover for our next fixture. 

Everyone knows this was a test case and once the balance sheets have been counted then expect more of this next year. 

Supporters take pride in the club and the facilities we own. That includes how things look in the stand and the pitch. There's a massive thread about how good/bad the new facade is. It would be odd if we were blasé about the apparent mess the pitch appears to be, however temporary that may be.

If someone was p***ing against the facade or having a dump on the plaza, it'd only be a temporary blight, but it would still annoy me

6 hours ago, Nobreath said:

If we had won yesterday no one would be giving a **** about the pitch apart from a few pantwetters.

Absolute nonsense!  Our £1m pitch was a disgrace for the first home league game of the season!

Clowns on here STILL going on about a pitch that will be back to perfection in a couple of weeks after being shit for one game 

Its all a bit Hibs tbh but funny as never the less 😂

7 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Photo from twitter, looks much better. 

Screenshot_20190813-185711_Twitter.jpg

Good, just in time for Fridays Festival Monster Truck Extravaganza. 

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Good, just in time for Fridays Festival Monster Truck Extravaganza. 

😂😂😂

Byyy The Light
On 11/08/2019 at 14:42, SpruceBringsteen said:

😂😂 absolutely nailed it 

On 11/08/2019 at 16:51, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Absolute nonsense!  Our £1m pitch was a disgrace for the first home league game of the season!

We've obviously got different ideas of what a disgrace is.

The performance was a disgrace, the pitch hardly registered. 

alwaysthereinspirit
On 11/08/2019 at 11:51, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

OUR?

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

All the idiots foaming at the mouth about the state of the pitch are looking more and more ridiculous with each passing day 😂

Nah.  They went to moon howler MAX from the off.    They're just ****ing idiots saying less stuff.

If this is to be a regular thing .

Could we not have a raised decking that we could hang the lamps under?

A small one of cost that we could use repeatedly.

Or am I talking nonsense.

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

OUR?

As a Hearts fan - yes “ours”!!

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

All the idiots foaming at the mouth about the state of the pitch are looking more and more ridiculous with each passing day 😂

Why is that?? Has half the pitch suddenly transformed itself back to a lovely grass covered surface from a cut up dirt pitch in a matter of a few days?? 🤔

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The benefits of this concert being seen already today and possibly another few times before August is out. 

Very nice people,  lovely concert 

Portable Badger
5 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

I was in Tynecastle tonight, the pitch is healing just fine, absolutely no problem.

Graham

you know the rules.           You can't state things like that without pictures !!!

Bridge of Djoum
On 10/08/2019 at 12:59, Des Lynam said:

I think someone needs to tell Ann it’s a football club she owns. 

I think someone needs to tell you it’s Hearts you support...

Allegedly. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Whether you’re outraged by this or not, it shouldn’t have happened. Very tinpot

So the official opening of the Edinburgh International Festival, one of the world's great festivals, and the prestige that entails, is tinpot? Ok then. 

Also, without the revenue that that and other non-footballing events brings into the club, we may not have been signing anyone this week.

I suppose in your world the grass is always greener........or perhaps not.

Think we did it to soon. The grass is only a year old and we should have left the grass longer in length before doing it. 

8 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

I was in Tynecastle tonight, the pitch is healing just fine, absolutely no problem.

Scarf above the heid?

39 minutes ago, sam? said:

I wonder how murrayfield seems to cope with much larger concerts and allegedly the same surface ? 

Maybe quite similarly. After all, there are far fewer matches played there than at Tynecastle--it just may never have created a conflict so close to a game.

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why is that?? Has half the pitch suddenly transformed itself back to a lovely grass covered surface from a cut up dirt pitch in a matter of a few days?? 🤔

For a start it wasn't cut up and secondly it looks like it's going to be back to perfection for the  next home game . 

So for ONE game the pitch looked bad but played ok . All that hyperbole from some clowns , Hearts fans of otherwise made for hilarious reading tbh . 

16 minutes ago, ramrod said:

For a start it wasn't cut up and secondly it looks like it's going to be back to perfection for the  next home game . 

So for ONE game the pitch looked bad but played ok . All that hyperbole from some clowns , Hearts fans of otherwise made for hilarious reading tbh . 

Folk are frustrated with the way things are going. Yes the outrage may have been over the top. 

But the pitch shouldn’t have looked like that for the first game of the season. 

Anyway we are where we are. 

the Hearts way
6 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

So the official opening of the Edinburgh International Festival, one of the world's great festivals, and the prestige that entails, is tinpot? Ok then. 

Also, without the revenue that that and other non-footballing events brings into the club, we may not have been signing anyone this week.

I suppose in your world the grass is always greener........or perhaps not.

Well half it's certainly greener !

35 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Nothing funny about it! Were you at the Ross Co game or see it on TV??? The pitch was a disgrace END OF!

As for going back to perfection - let’s wait and see!