Hybrid Pitch

kila

2 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

The amount of sand might have saved us, the guy who took the pen needed a spade to level it out....

The guy took a crap penalty. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shocked by the state of the pitch. The grass looks dead and it looks like Gullane beach in parts! 

That does not look like it will recover any time soon!

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

The amount of sand might have saved us, the guy who took the pen needed a spade to level it out....

Shite, he hit the post. 

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think the pitch impacted the result. 

I don't think you'll find many disagreeing, it is in some state after a significant investment though. 

13 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Wont recover this year ffs thats a belter.

If we were heading into the summer and the pitch was going to be left alone you have a point.

Some areas of the pitch have no grass and will take a long time to recover. Playing on it every 2 weeks will cause further damage and will delay recovery. The growing season is past its peak and will soon be over. 

37 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

I’m just making a point that the pitch didn’t make one jot of difference to our performance today. Yes it was really poor, but the team were even worse. 

But both can be criticised exclusive of each other, yeah?

37 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

I’m just making a point that the pitch didn’t make one jot of difference to our performance today. Yes it was really poor, but the team were even worse. 

But both can be criticised exclusive of each other, yeah?

36 minutes ago, graygo said:

:rofl:

:facepalm: 

Every game and practice will damage the pitch further and will require further time to recover.

Its not something that can be fixed in a couple of weeks. It takes a lot longer than you think.

Edited by McCrae

Just now, McCrae said:

Do you understand that grass doesn’t grow well all year and that the growing season only has a few weeks left? 

Every game and practice will damage the pitch and will require further time to recover.

Do you understand that we won't be on that pitch for another 3 weeks and it is prime growing time just now.

The pitch will be fine.

23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If needs an opportunity to grow again.    If has three weeks to recover.    If necessary if can be seeded.     Nothing more than that.

I assume you know that grass grows,   especially during the summer months?    

People are embarrassing themselves over this.    Or would be if they had one iota of self awareness.

Such attitude. 🤣

Lower section N today and I can assure you there was nothing in patches. Re seeding job required.

Of course it will be worked on and may return to its former glory but the pitch was disgraceful today.

To compromise the pitch in such a way doesn’t sit well.

13 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The growing season is past its peak and will soon be over. 

Grass will continue to grow as long as the temperature is above 5°c.  We should be fine until mid November.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Part of the masterplan. Put as much shit on it as possible,  fertilised and back to full condition. 

Sorted 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, McCrae said:

If we were heading into the summer and the pitch was going to be left alone you have a point.

Some areas of the pitch have no grass and will take a long time to recover. Playing on it every 2 weeks will cause further damage and will delay recovery. The growing season is past its peak and will soon be over. 

Maybe, but we'll use artificial means to grow and maintain it. 

48 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If needs an opportunity to grow again.    If has three weeks to recover.    If necessary if can be seeded.     Nothing more than that.

People are embarrassing themselves over this.    Or would be if they had one iota of self awareness.

I think that's completely missing the point. We are a football club. That's the point of our existence. The quality of the playing surface is an important aspect of our home advantage. I can't imagine many other clubs doing that to the playing surface a week before the league season kicks off. Absolutely bonkers and it almost suggests (rightly or wrongly) that AB puts the 'brand' and the standing of the club in the community and Edinburgh (as important as that is) ahead of the football (or the 'football department' as some tossers would call it). Having said all that, I'm not sure if affected the shite performance lol.. worrying though that we  even consider putting the football side second

The state of the pitch is actually a perfect metaphor for Hearts at the moment in that the product on the pitch seems to be the least important thing

I’m actually embarrassed that I criticised the pitch.

the product today was not deserving of a pitch that’s even half decent. Take all the money you can get Ann Budge whilst that wage thief is in charge in the dugout

I suspect the state of the pitch was worse than expected and that we will not be hosting such an event so close to the season kick off next year. 

Of course, we will need to arrange any events around Europe...

54 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe, but we'll use artificial means to grow and maintain it. 

Hope I am wrong, but isn’t it a farce. 

5 hours ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Did you Wembley last year when spurs played 7 days after a NFL game? The pitch was shocking.

7 days after that it was fine.

It's not like the old pitch was perfect.

What? The pitch was perfect before the concert.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Hope I am wrong, but isn’t it a farce. 

The grass will be fine. 

A bit discolour for 2 weeks or so is OK by me for £100k.

We're not back on it for 3 weeks I think, it will be fine and not worthy of a debate imo. 

Played OK, but did look shite. 

Should have painted it green, would have saved the fan and media meltdown as it would have looked perfect. 

5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

The indignation when someone throws a flare on our £1m pitch. Then covering it with a ****ing stage and seating a week before the season starts. Hypocrisy at its finest. And indefensible.

Spot on. Hopefully the improved CCTV identifies the culprits. 

Watched the the game again on alba and have to say both pitch and performance looked even worse 2nd time around.

All roads lead to Gorgie

It looked like that part of the pitch was covered for too long before the concert. I wonder what kind of dialogue was carried out with the organisers of the concert and the ground staff. It should be fine before the next game but it made today's game a game of two half's so to speak. We were rubbish in both parts though. 

54 minutes ago, Guffers said:

I think that's completely missing the point. We are a football club. That's the point of our existence. The quality of the playing surface is an important aspect of our home advantage. I can't imagine many other clubs doing that to the playing surface a week before the league season kicks off. Absolutely bonkers and it almost suggests (rightly or wrongly) that AB puts the 'brand' and the standing of the club in the community and Edinburgh (as important as that is) ahead of the football (or the 'football department' as some tossers would call it). Having said all that, I'm not sure if affected the shite performance lol.. worrying though that we  even consider putting the football side second

If Levein was doing his job better, no one would be questioning Budge. A bit of discolouration on the pitch would always be worth the trade-off of improving brand/Tynecastle's reputation as a venue as this is absolutely the way we build the club to provide more for the team. 

More hiring of Tynecastle, more money into the club and ultimately a better team*. That massively improved turnover did not happen by accident and is exactly why we should not let anger at our ineptitude on the pitch spill over to blaming every single aspect of the club. It's akin to shooting the chairman of Frankie & Bennys or Nandos because the last two times you ate in their Fort Kinnaird restaurant the food was shit. 

*Always assuming the manager uses those resources well

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Rabgee said:

The pitch was awful and so was the team. At least the pitch will improve as the season goes on.

Pitch wasnt awful. Ball ran fine on it.

The team just chose to lump it to save wearing it out any more.

The photos posted on here don’t do justice to how bad a condition the pitch is in on the main stand side. 

I couldnt take my eyes off of it today...tbf its better than watching us on the park but it has to be said, whoever sanctioned the gig should be marched out of Tynie never to return....is an absolute disgrace to treat that pitch as we have having invested so much to get a surface the envy of most....

Edited by GavK1012

42 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

If Levein was doing his job better, no one would be questioning Budge. A bit of discolouration on the pitch would always be worth the trade-off of improving brand/Tynecastle's reputation as a venue as this is absolutely the way we build the club to provide more for the team. 

More hiring of Tynecastle, more money into the club and ultimately a better team*. That massively improved turnover did not happen by accident and is exactly why we should not let anger at our ineptitude on the pitch spill over to blaming every single aspect of the club. It's akin to shooting the chairman of Frankie & Bennys or Nandos because the last two times you ate in their Fort Kinnaird restaurant the food was shit. 

*Always assuming the manager uses those resources well

Is that massive increase in turnover  not largely down to FOH contributions?

We are a football club and our priority has to be on that. it all sounds wonderful the idea of money coming in from events, but if we play well and end up in Europe  we won’t be able to host any event.  At most we can probably host a couple of events a year. Do we really want to damage our pitch for that!

We will make more money if we are successful on the park than we ever will by hosting the odd concert.

Edited by McCrae

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, munro9 said:

Ridiculous decision to use the ground as a venue for a concert so soon before the opening day of the season.

Hearts fans once again seen as an after thought.

Bang on m8 👏👏👏👏👏

Away up in Gorgie
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Part of the masterplan. Put as much shit on it as possible,  fertilised and back to full condition. 

Sorted 

I’m unclear if you are talking about what  the groundsman has put on the pitch or the team Levein has put on it. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
3 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

£1m tattie field, half covered in sand 

100k on cctv

revolving door recruitment

root 1 hoofball

zero goals in the team

old crocks retirement home

zero commitment as players are so fragile

a totally eratic goal keeper 

a club where the Dof is the manager and unsackable despite results and performance and grotesque levels of underperformance

cannot remember our last league win ...

sorry didn’t know where to post ... as so many issues.

Coming to the conclusion that we are indeed “in the wrong hands”...

This post almost started like that rant in that HIV Hibs film Trainspotting "Choose Life". Good post though agree with it all.

3 hours ago, McCrae said:

Spot on!!  All the shit “it’s ok the grass is just a bit yellow!” - whole areas look dead and cut up within minutes. It looked bad at the game and really looked awful on Alba.

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

The pitch was an embarrassment for our first league game of the season!

Lets review your optimism in 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

I couldnt take my eyes off of it today...tbf its better than watching us on the park but it has to be said, whoever sanctioned the gig should be marched out of Tynie never to return....is an absolute disgrace to treat that pitch as we have having invested so much to get a surface the envy of most....

Spot on.

That half of the pitch was an absolute disgrace. Played like an MK1 astroturf from the 80s. You could tell the players weren't comfortable on it.

2 minutes ago, ExPatTam said:

Folk need to calm down a bit re the pitch. The £250k we got paid for the concert will far outweigh any remedial repairs. 

Thought we done it for free? or £100k? or £200k? and now a quarter of a million :lol:

First game of the season and it looks like a paddy field. We are a football club and Tynecastle is our ground. Respect that Budge or move on please. Your money only buys so much tolerance from supporters. 

35 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The pitch was an embarrassment for our first league game of the season!

Lets review your optimism in 3 weeks.

Yeah.     Come on grass,   grow please.    Oh aye... should be ok.     Grass growing should be a safe bet.

Called it during the week that the pitch was a disgrace and got shouted down.

Budge needs to realise her biggest customers are the fans and concentrate on the football side ASAP. Very horrible atmosphere at Tynecastle at the moment.

Levein has to go.

Budge has to handle it well or she will be under pressure.

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

The pitch played fine today. Not once did a ball deviate because of it physical condition. 

We never had it on the deck long enough to notice. 

Club made money, helped pay for Naismith & Damour. pitch played fine and it wasn't green.

Back to normal by next game.

Move along nothing to see here. good business by the club.

I suspect that we did the concert as a trial run based on expert advice that the pitch would stand up to it. It's now turned out worse than expected so we won't do it again. Had it worked it could have been another source of revenue.