Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Correct, the boy is about 2 IQ points above being legally disabled. I'd take a long hard look at my life if I was quoting him on any subject other than "which Tommee Tippee bib catches the most Ready Brek" tbh

:rofl:

Wasn't great to be honest, thought it would be a bit better than that. Players did well on it, and certainly not the reason Hearts couldn't score.

It'll be fine for the Hamilton game though, 3 weeks to reseed/overseed all that half plenty time. Might have a new manager by too.

18 minutes ago, kila said:

Wasn't great to be honest, thought it would be a bit better than that. Players did well on it, and certainly not the reason Hearts couldn't score.

It'll be fine for the Hamilton game though, 3 weeks to reseed/overseed all that half plenty time. Might have a new manager by too.

New manager you say. Better chance of winning the lottery sadly

And to think there where some on here having a pop at people for saying the pitch was a shambles 😂😂😂😂. This place is embarrassing. Anything slightly negative towards the club and the defenders of the clubs good name are out in force. The decision to have a concert the week before the opening game of the season was a joke, a proper silly idea. The idea it’s self is great and something the club should be doing, but not a week before the first game on it. Let’s just hope

its not an expensive mistake. 

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

The pitch is a disgrace.

The can do no wrong brigade will crucify you for saying that mate. I've already been shot down for saying less. Better put your bullet proof vest on. Good luck. 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, PnG said:

Mind when the auld dear gave us a ticking of for damaging the £1million pitch with pyro?

Quite right too.

That aside, the pitch was a shambles today. Looking forward to it being tip top for the next home game though.

3 weeks until the Hamilton game

Here's how quickly the grass grew from seed when the pitch was re-done last summer:

On 18/06/2018 at 15:42, Greenbank2 said:

Friday Evening

IMG_1009.JPG

On 22/06/2018 at 18:52, Jack Torrance said:

Taken tonight by my better half...

0FE9BD93-CF11-4337-9151-FF07AA1756CE.jpeg

On 29/06/2018 at 14:42, Bad Religion said:

From Hearts Twitter.

image.thumb.png.c09235d98f23558239e1b91748dfd147.png

The ball definitely rolled a bit faster but I didn’t notice any strange bobbles or players loosing their footing. The pitch was the least of our problems today.

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I think someone needs to tell Ann it’s a football club she owns. 

The club is looking more and more like  H1b5 under Farmer...lots of nice things off the pitch, but a honking 1st team.

It was a pretty stupid decision to host a concert just before the start of the season. Pitch won’t recover this year.

27 minutes ago, kila said:

Should give the groundskeepers some kudos for making it playable - hope Budge gives them a bonus for sorting out the mess!

You mean sorting our HER mess.

2 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

The ball definitely rolled a bit faster but I didn’t notice any strange bobbles or players loosing their footing. The pitch was the least of our problems today.

The ball was sticking in the sand.

2 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Didn’t notice that at all. 

When players were dribbling with the ball at times it was getting stuck at their feet.

just in front of the main stand by the corner flag was the worst place. Almost no sign of grass.

Edited by McCrae

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Ball definitely bouncing about unevenly at that end

A rolled pass across the other half did lots of bouncing!!

Just now, McCrae said:

The club is looking more and more like  H1b5 under Farmer...lots of nice things off the pitch, but a honking 1st team.

It was a pretty stupid decision to host a concert just before the start of the season. Pitch won’t recover this year.

Agreed but apparently yir not allowed to criticise  anything Ann Budge does 

No getting away the pitch never helped that shambles today. But it symptomatic of the club at this minute in time, the football department is playing second fiddle to other ventures. Yes be a successful business but the primary business is being a successful football Club and that's been somewhat lost. 

The pitch wasn't awful but at times it was certainly far from perfect in the damaged half...

16 minutes ago, kila said:

3 weeks until the Hamilton game

Here's how quickly the grass grew from seed when the pitch was re-done last summer:

Don't disagree that it will be fine for our next game. But for it to be like it was today for our first home game of the season is a farce. To deny that is to deny gravity.

See if we’d played Celtic today, we’d have lost 4 or 5 nil regardless of some sand.  The pitch had nothing to do with how awful we were today and County seemed to cope pretty well! 

Edited by Cygnet

Just now, Cygnet said:

See if we’d played Celtic today, we’d have lost 4 or 5 nil.  The pitch had nothing to do with how awful we were today and County seemed to cope pretty well! 

People have been criticising the pitch since before the match. Why are the pitch and our performance now being tied together by people, as a defense of the pitch?

The White Cockade
1 minute ago, Cygnet said:

See if we’d played Celtic today, we’d have lost 4 or 5 nil regardless of some sand.  The pitch had nothing to do with how awful we were today and County seemed to cope pretty well! 

Ross County deserved to beat us 4 or 5 nil

Celtic would have been double figures if we'd played like that

awful

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

People have been criticising the pitch since before the match. Why are the pitch and our performance now being tied together by people, as a defense of the pitch?

I’m just making a point that the pitch didn’t make one jot of difference to our performance today. Yes it was really poor, but the team were even worse. 

23 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I think someone needs to tell Ann it’s a football club she owns. 

It’s a business first a foremost and if she can use the business she owns to host some guff concert for free then she will. 

We have always known that the event would have an impact on the aesthetics of the pitch, however, there would be no impact on its playability.

’aesthetics’

:gok:

fabienleclerq
5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

It’s a business first a foremost and if she can use the business she owns to host some guff concert for free then she will. 

Away and fling shite, it's a football club first and foremost and nothing should get in the way of that. Especially not some belters from the festival. 

26 minutes ago, McCrae said:

:facepalm: 

2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Away and fling shite, it's a football club first and foremost and nothing should get in the way of that. Especially not some belters from the festival. 

I agree.  I’m just giving you the reality of the situation.  

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Didnt you say it would be okay for this afternoon and take a couple of days to fix?  The reality is nobody has a clue how long it will take to fix regardless of how many professionals are sounded out. 

Just now, graygo said:

I have no idea when it will return to its previous state. I do know that it needs some serious work done on it.

A million pound investment on a pitch to then consciously put its integrity in question, for however long, is pretty dumb.

Down at the corner between the roseburn and main stand it was just sand/mud there’s no grass going to grow back there anytime soon, What happened to “it will be back to normal in a few days” 😂😂

Bazzas right boot

The pitch looked like two pitches. 

One half like Wembley, the other like most other Scottish league sides. 

Played absolutely fine, tho. 

Be perfect in a week as the grass will go greener and grow back. It's good for that, grass is. We'll known for it, I believe. 

35 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Wont recover this year ffs thats a belter.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

I have no idea when it will return to its previous state. I do know that it needs some serious work done on it.

A million pound investment on a pitch to then consciously put its integrity in question, for however long, is pretty dumb.

If needs an opportunity to grow again.    If has three weeks to recover.    If necessary if can be seeded.     Nothing more than that.

I assume you know that grass grows,   especially during the summer months?    

People are embarrassing themselves over this.    Or would be if they had one iota of self awareness.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

If needs an opportunity to grow again.    If has three weeks to recover.    If necessary if can be seeded.     Nothing more than that.

I assume you know that grass grows,   especially during the summer months?    

People are embarrassing themselves over this.    Or would be if they had one iota of self awareness.

£1m tattie field, half covered in sand 

100k on cctv

revolving door recruitment

root 1 hoofball

zero goals in the team

old crocks retirement home

zero commitment as players are so fragile

a totally eratic goal keeper 

a club where the Dof is the manager and unsackable despite results and performance and grotesque levels of underperformance

cannot remember our last league win ...

sorry didn’t know where to post ... as so many issues.

Coming to the conclusion that we are indeed “in the wrong hands”...

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If I was the groundsman I would have handed my notice in. 

As fine as the concert was,  that was unacceptable. 

Apologies to the person I berated earlier in the thread,  never did I expect such a shambles 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I don’t think the pitch impacted the result. 

The amount of sand might have saved us, the guy who took the pen needed a spade to level it out....

Ridiculous decision to use the ground as a venue for a concert so soon before the opening day of the season.

Hearts fans once again seen as an after thought.