Hybrid Pitch

kila

Who ****ing cares, since when did the support moan about the pitch or a new stand etc. Special folk on KB. Get a life sad sacks

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Looks pretty poor to be honest. Really don’t think we should be hosting events unless it’s pre season. We are a football club first 

I agree.

but will no doubt get called a roaster for it.

Looks shit, disappointing as the surface before that concert thing looked perfect, probably gone from one of the best pitches in the league to one of the worst. Shite.

Edited by RudiHMFC

Was at the War of Two Halves tonight too and can confirm it doesn’t look great.

Most of the School End half damaged. 

The lush dark green of the other end only making it more obvious. Up close it looks pretty threadbare and it’s hard to see how they can say it won’t affect the bounce of ball.

Envisage a fair slagging from media and other fans forums once it’s televised and pictures in papers, Budge presumably giving someone somewhere a right shiriking and then all being consigned to history books in a months or so’s time. 

Win the morn and we can/will ulaugh about it. Get beat and it will be just more fuel on the fire for the negative nellies 

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Looks shit, disappointing as the surface before that concert thing looked perfect, probably gone from one of the best of the best pitches in the league to one of the worst. Shite.

Careful. You’ll get called out for being pathetic too.

2 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Was at the War of Two Halves tonight too and can confirm it doesn’t look great.

Most of the School End half damaged. 

The lush dark green of the other end only making it more obvious. Up close it looks pretty threadbare and it’s hard to see how they can say it won’t affect the bounce of ball.

Envisage a fair slagging from media and other fans forums once it’s televised and pictures in papers, Budge presumably giving someone somewhere a right shiriking and then all being consigned to history books in a months or so’s time. 

Win the morn and we can/will ulaugh about it. Get beat and it will be just more fuel on the fire for the negative nellies 

Its just discolouration, m8.

FFS, some people zip up the back.

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Careful. You’ll get called out for being pathetic too.

Look everyone is entitled to their opinion and how they deal with shit . 

My take is we have reportedly taken in circa 100k and the downside is the pitch is going to look shite for one game and be back to normal for the next home game in 3 weeks . 

If people   want to focus on the short term that's up to them tbh , Hearts fans or otherwise , but you can't stop us from laughing our nappers off at them , lol

Edited by ramrod

7 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Looks shit, disappointing as the surface before that concert thing looked perfect, probably gone from one of the best pitches in the league to one of the worst. Shite.

One of the best pitches?   Here was me thinking that all Hearts fans knew it was the best pitch.  Unless...

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

piss take rudi surely? 

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Look everyone is entitled to their opinion and how they deal with shit . 

My take is we have reportedly taken in circa 100k and the downside is the pitch is going to look shite for one game and be back to normal for the next home game in 3 weeks . 

If people   want to focus on the short term that's up to them tbh , Hearts fans or otherwise , but you can't stop us from laughing our nappers off at them , lol

We will see how it is tomorrow. 

I genuinely believe pitch hire should be close season. £100k or not.

Thats my opinion and others have theirs - fair enough.

hire it out during the season for sporting events by all means but that’s all.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Just now, Whatever said:

‘Just discolouration’?

It’s very clearly not.

Why does it matter. Playable tomorrow, same for both teams, 100k in the bank. What all the crying about. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

‘Just discolouration’?

It’s very clearly not.

it is. Do you think they dug up some roots? When they laid the platform

7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Why does it matter. Playable tomorrow, same for both teams, 100k in the bank. What all the crying about. 

Crying ? We spent £1m and the club actually went public on a flare burning the grass (which is quite right).  But it’s ok to have this ?

thats more than grass discolouration. It’s bare and in no way the same as the opposite end of the pitch.

I was at the Etihad for the foo fighters and that wasn’t 7 days before their game.

close season for gigs. Not during.

ive never criticised the Budge regime once but I do for this decision. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

5 hours ago, sassenach said:

I don't bother with all this "class" stuff, because we're all individuals.

I'll get the train to Edinburgh, get pished in Diggers, watch The Hearts and take my haggis supper onto the train home. With salt and sauce, naturally.

Other times I'll take the wife to a nice hotel in London, have a nice meal and go to the theatre. So am I working class or middle class?

The club made a decision to make Tynecastle available for a concert, which I hope everyone who attended enjoyed, regardless of perceived "class". The experts involved with the pitch assured the club that there wouldn't be a problem come match day, so why are so many losing their sh!t?

Do you ask for salt and sauce on your nice meal in London?  If so, definitely working class!

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

There are areas that now have no natural grass on them. 

How that happened I care little.

People are telling you having seen it up close as recently as tonight, but you think it’s all some sort of anti hearts narrative.

Sound, m8.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Crying ? We spent £1m and the club actually went public on a flare burning the grass (which is quite right).  But it’s ok to have this ?

thats more than grass discolouration. It’s bare and in no way the same as the opposite end of the pitch.

I was at the Etihad for the foo fighters and that wasn’t 7 days before their game.

close season for gigs. Not during.

How do you get through a day with worrying about this type of non event

Blackshades

Just as a point of interest does anybody know how long was the pitched covered by the staging for ? It must have only been for a few days as we only played stenhousemuir a couple of weeks ago 

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

How do you get through a day with worrying about this type of non event

Eh ? 

When cathro was boss how much did we spend for a temporary fix again ?

Edited by 1971fozzy

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

People are telling you having seen it up close as recently as tonight, but you think it’s all some sort of anti hearts narrative.

Sound, m8.

the roots have not vanished into thin air, yes it looks shite but it’ll be back to 100% by the next home fixture. 

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Sound, m8.

You're getting yourself in an awful state about this m8 , it's only one game . In 3 weeks it's back to normal .

I was at the war of 2 halves showing at 6 it looks worse than I thought it would be but its 100% playable... the fact maybe a quarter of it is a bit crappy isn't worrying me at all but it's like some folk have a hidden agenda 😱 I cant put photos on from my phone but will tomorrow. Anyone who hasn't seen war of 2 halves go if you get a chance 😥

32 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Every pitch in Britain is going to cut up bad tomorrow 😂

Yeah, especially ones that have exposed mud/sand/substrate before a ball is kicked. 

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It's more than discoloration. I can't remember what is called, but when grass is starved of air it overheats and turns black. At that point it's dead, and that's what the little patches are. It's quite common in rolls of turf, and why it needs laid quickly. I'm sure this was an error in the staging, with more pressure in patches than intended.

It will, however, grow back in no time at this time of year. The substrate and mesh that cost so much will ensure it's fine next month. It's by no means ruined, and not expensive to fix.

2 minutes ago, frodoker said:

I was at the war of 2 halves showing at 6 it looks worse than I thought it would be but its 100% playable... the fact maybe a quarter of it is a bit crappy isn't worrying me at all but it's like some folk have a hidden agenda 😱 I cant put photos on from my phone but will tomorrow. Anyone who hasn't seen war of 2 halves go if you get a chance 😥

Ive absolutely no hidden agenda.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the roots have not vanished into thin air, yes it looks shite but it’ll be back to 100% by the next home fixture. 

I never said they had.

I said the surface has been affected. You said it hadn’t.

You were wrong.

Edited by Whatever

8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Looks like we’ve morphed back into having a shite surface again. Hopefully no long term damage done. 🤞🏻

Subtle Frankie boy 👍

5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You're getting yourself in an awful state about this m8 , it's only one game . In 3 weeks it's back to normal .

Hardly in a state.

Its not ideal and it’s far worse than the club have let on.

Looks like Motherwell’s pitch from a few seasons back, having a heavy stage on the pitch was never a good idea a few days before the first game of the season.. as long as it doesn’t affect the bounce or play then not too bothered.

Forthview Jambo
37 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah, especially ones that have exposed mud/sand/substrate before a ball is kicked. 

You show an impressive knowledge of modern pitch laying although I don't recall seeing the term "mud" in the specs.

Don't bother responding ... I'm long gone ... I've got a life  ! 😎

This is peak Budge Era. Spend £1M on a new pitch. Ruin it before the opening game of the season. 

Scnorthedinburgh
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

This is peak Budge Era. Spend £1M on a new pitch. Ruin it before the opening game of the season. 

Budge oot. Beachgrove garden in.

****ing calm down.

If, after the rain of the last 3 days the game goes ahead, I think we can all agree that was money well spent.

25 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

You know that we had the pitch last season don't you? This isn't it's first game.

Just now, graygo said:

You know that we had the pitch last season don't you? This isn't it's first game.

Yeah I am aware of that. I never said it was the first game. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Come on - don't let the facts get in the way of his good moan...

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Looks like we’ve morphed back into having a shite surface again. Hopefully no long term damage done. 🤞🏻

Half a shite surface, Franko. :)

Mr Elwood P

What an embarrassment our fans have become! Major stadia all over the world, have hybrid pitches and just major non sporting events. The company that installed the pitch were consulted on this use of it. Get a ****ing hold of yourselves.

p.s. The folk pissing their pants are the same folk who think we play hoof ball. What difference will the state of the pitch make if that we’re true?

33 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

5 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Yeah I am aware of that. I never said it was the first game. 

Your post does read like that though doesn't it?

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The folk pissing their pants are the same folk who think we play hoof ball. What difference will the state of the pitch make if that we’re true?

Not much, tbf.

:sadrobbo:

Gorgie_Rules

Looks horrendous and anyone dressing it up any other way is delduded.

Can’t stress enough how much Budge has done for the club but there has been a few moments during her time that has made us a laughing stock. To have spent £1m on a new pitch to pointlessly agreed to hold an event one week before our first home game to put it in that state is up there with not ordering the seats when constructing a new stand

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Your post does read like that though doesn't it?

Apologies if you misunderstood my post. Can confirm I was aware the pitch was there last season. I recall Budges condemnation of flares ruining our expensive pitch. Evidently she didn’t want the young team having all the fun and was keen to do the damage herself. 

I never realised the colour of the grass on the first home league game of the season was so important to some supporters. 

Give me the £100, 000, and discoloured grass for a few days anytime.  Luckily those that make the decisions agree.

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What an embarrassment our fans have become! Major stadia all over the world, have hybrid pitches and just major non sporting events. The company that installed the pitch were consulted on this use of it. Get a ****ing hold of yourselves.

p.s. The folk pissing their pants are the same folk who think we play hoof ball. What difference will the state of the pitch make if that we’re true?

You've also got to consider that we've been training on it, so will have had time to work out all of the nuances, and where the holes are etc.  Ross County will be at a real disadvantage.