Hybrid Pitch

kila

16 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Hearing the game is moving to the community pitch and will then be relayed onto jumbotron screens in the stadium 😲

worth it for a jumbotron reference 😀

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

What i meant was we didnt make money selling the cost of the hire of the venue itself but on everything else..

Sorry next time i’ll rattle off a complete list of what was and wasnt included 🙄

We might not have sold the cost of the venue but we will now know exactly what it takes to host such events and have shown on a grand scale that we can be a host for events. The Etihad has something like 10 events in a month last summer. Edinburgh is probably more of a desirable city for events in the summer. Who knows, showing we are capable of this could bring in millions in revenue when the stadium is vacant for the summer. There’s your big name players wage right there 

slashishere

Should just paint a giant W@nking hand over the grass in homage to some of our ‘support’

Edited by slashishere

It's quite enlightening to see that a good few club critics and football management experts are also horticultural authorities.    

...a bit disco

The BBC Sports site using a tweet from Coonster in their 'story'.

Happy to be seen endorsing dug pumpers it would seem.

Edited by ...a bit disco

40 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

I will leave it up to a man of your mild manner to bring this to their attention 👍

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Hearing the game is moving to the community pitch and will then be relayed onto jumbotron screens in the stadium 😲

We don't have a Jumbotron - most likely any action will be acted out by the 2009s in a small area of the pitch near the corner flag.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Such injuries could be the result of the butterfly effect!

Seriously, it's entirely likely that uneven stalks of grass could be a real danger or uneven colouring of the surface may cause serious eye injuries.

Rip it all up a lay down red blaze a la Queens Park Recs.

Paint the grass green. (there is green  grass paint... ) 

Keep all the chicken dinners happy. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, farin said:

The discolouration will be quite noticeable on sat but it won’t affect the players too much. 

Be painted green by then. 

Lawn-Spray-Paint.jpg

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

It's quite enlightening to see that a good few club critics and football management experts are also horticultural authorities.    

No limit to their yearning for learning it seems.

42 minutes ago, farin said:

He left his wife & family for a hearts fan he met on a fbook page, their now married. 😉

Eh????

So the pitch has a different colouring after a concert where part the playing surface was covered...hardly a shock

Will the colour affect the surface..somehow I doubt it

Will it not look as good for a couple of weeks.. yes

In a couple of weeks will it be back to the colour of the rest of the surface..yes

Hardly an earth shattering event 

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

So the pitch has a different colouring after a concert where part the playing surface was covered...hardly a shock

Will the colour affect the surface..somehow I doubt it

Will it not look as good for a couple of weeks.. yes

In a couple of weeks will it be back to the colour of the rest of the surface..yes

Hardly an earth shattering event 

Does it prove we can host events in the future....yes.

StevenNaismith

Popped my head in earlier to have a look. Looks awful but the ground staff said it’s in impeccable condition despite the discolouration. I trust they know what they’re talking about.

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Does it prove we can host events in the future....yes.

Yup, any lessons that can be learned from this can be brought forward to future events. 

20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, any lessons that can be learned from this can be brought forward to future events. 

Hopefully any other events outside of football matches are kept off the football pitch.

queensferryjambo
9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I'm thinking, how often can Tynecastle be a 15,000 seat venue. 

Biggest venue in Edinburgh, I think. 

Murrayfield have concerts and it is far bigger than Tynecastle.

Easter Road has been used for concerts and is also bigger than Tynecastle.

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Hopefully any other events outside of football matches are kept off the football pitch.

Why, if the pitch is playable afterwards (which it is now, just discoloured but will come back) then why shouldn't we make the most of Tynecastle and the most money that can go into the first team.

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

fair point. 

But if it is feasible, Tynie could be an attractive venue, with a big number attendance. 

It absolutely could be a great venue and is one of only venues with that capacity in Edinburgh (Tynecastle and Easter Road).

Edinburgh is stumped for venues with capacity over 2 to 3 thousand and under 50 thousand. That is why so much business goes to the Hydro, SECC and Clyde Auditorium and Edinburgh misses out.

Concerts preferably right after the season ends though :)

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Why the actual **** use that tweet 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Hopefully some boxing soon as well.

There'll be plenty of that if County clean our clock at the weekend.

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

There'll be plenty of that if County clean our clock at the weekend.

I will show my normal disgust by shouting a bit and then going to the pub before falling asleep on the train . Got to start the new season as you mean to go on.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I will show my normal disgust by shouting a bit and then going to the pub before falling asleep on the train . Got to start the new season as you mean to go on.

Pub by half time or your not a PHM. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Pub by half time or your not a PHM. :thumbsup:

I don't get to every game so I like to make the most of my booing👍

Anyway back on topic. Looks like Lee McGregor could be fighting for a decent title soon. Would be brilliant at Tynecastle.

NaturalOrder74

Sack Levein it’s his fault Tynecastle was used as the only real option for this king of thing in Edinburgh 

If the pitch is in fantastic nick but with a bit of discoloration as described, is it possible to discolour the rest of it so we don't have to play on Green?

jamborleystatto

Anne moans boot a flare hoyd on pitch ffs.look at that pitch 3days b4 1st yerm gem of season.just hope it was worth it and club made decent coinage

Edited by jamborleystatto

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, farin said:

Worth a try. 😄

Save the foamers losing it, wouldn't look any different. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, jamborleystatto said:

Anne moans boot a flare hoyd on pitch ffs.look at that pitch 3days b4 1st yerm gem of season.just hope it was worth it and club made decent coinage

you realise the flares permanently melt the plastic fibres sown into the turf, you know - because fire is hot..

all this has done is discolour the grass, which will be recoloured after a couple of weeks growing and cuts. 

8 minutes ago, jamborleystatto said:

:jj_facepalm:

9 minutes ago, jamborleystatto said:

:what:

Butchery. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, jamborleystatto said:

4046427081_df47b12008_b.jpg

21 minutes ago, jamborleystatto said:

Looking forward to P6 next week?

HEARTS FOREVER
14 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Business funds football. It's not one or the other.

Business shouldn't compromise the pitch we play on.

Call it pant wetting or whatever you want fact is that when our pitch is supposed to be at its best its going to be far from it. Its OK holding these event's at the end of the season but surely not before our first home game of the season. I bet the head groundsman ain't doing cartwheels either. 

1 hour ago, jamborleystatto said:

Jesus. You're surely not this ****ing thick.

8 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I don't get to every game so I like to make the most of my booing👍

Anyway back on topic. Looks like Lee McGregor could be fighting for a decent title soon. Would be brilliant at Tynecastle.

Would love to see that happening, would be a fantastic night , hospitality would be rammed 

1 hour ago, jamborleystatto said:

I'd love to have seen how this looked before you edited it.

A lot of Vermin getting over excited on this thread . 

The potch will be fine for Saturday and near perfect for the next home game . Hope this helps . 

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

If the pitch is in fantastic nick but with a bit of discoloration as described, is it possible to discolour the rest of it so we don't have to play on Green?

Very much my thinking. A huge number of so-called Jambos getting their Ks in a T over something not being green enough. The place is reeking.

The pitch will be perfect after the game.    All the drool moisture and drying wind from the boo-ing will help it no end.

1 hour ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Business shouldn't compromise the pitch we play on.

It hasn't.

The pitch is perfect, just a bit yellow that will disappear in a few days.

Jambo, Goodbye
44 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Call it pant wetting or whatever you want fact is that when our pitch is supposed to be at its best its going to be far from it. Its OK holding these event's at the end of the season but surely not before our first home game of the season. I bet the head groundsman ain't doing cartwheels either. 

It's not a fact,  it's your opinion.

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Why, if the pitch is playable afterwards (which it is now, just discoloured but will come back) then why shouldn't we make the most of Tynecastle and the most money that can go into the first team.

Exactly, say the pitch can recover fully inside a fortnight then we could easily have quite a number of events throughout the season, from a quick look we have 5/6 gaps of 2 weeks or more between home fixtures (not accounting for cup games) not to mention the events we could host over the summer months.

At a capacity of 15 thousand we are competing size wise with the Hydro in Glasgow that has events almost every night of the week, 15k gives us at least 50% more capacity than the castle that hosts some very big name gigs.

This could become a huge revenue stream for the club yet folk don't want it because the grass isn't green enough for a game against ross county?

24 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

It hasn't.

The pitch is perfect, just a bit yellow that will disappear in a few days.

Surely if the pitch is perfect it would be all green and not looking like its had bleach sprayed over half of it.