Stuart Lyon

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Juanjo15 said:

I know there's cheaper out there for signing up longer but I got burned recently with one that went down and I had just signed up a half year mate.  Pretty apprehensive about going more than a month just now.  A PM with the info would be nice though please. 

Won't let me PM you mate

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

To be honest, I wouldn't give you tuppence for the Spanish league, it doesn't really register with me, I wouldn't care less about the EPL either if I hadn't been shouting on Liverpool for the last 40 plus years, I do however get highly entertained by the Bundesliga, and the Dutch league is also decent o watch as well as there's usually plenty end to end action, but the coverage is limited. 

I do IPTV on my smart TV mate, much cheaper than a tenner a month, you just download the app, send the supplier the Mac Code, get a free 24 hour trial, and see if it suits you, for £60 per year, or £74 per year with video on demand, it really is a cracking piece of kit and pisses all over Kodi and the like. 

John would appreciate a pm for this 

Thanks in advance. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

John would appreciate a pm for this 

Thanks in advance. 

It's not letting me PM you either mate. 

rudi must stay
21 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

None whatsoever.

They don't market their channels based on La Liga, they market them based on the Premier League.

It'll probably mean a price increase, Sky are like that

shaun.lawson
16 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

It's not letting me PM you either mate. 

John - I dunno if it's the same problem I had, but if it is, I had to go to someone's profile page, then hit the PM icon on there. It wouldn't let me do it just by typing in someone's username. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

Tennant's  6's
20 hours ago, JJ93 said:

My mum pays £50 a month for Sky and doesn't even have all of the channels. Crazy. Does anyone recommend a good alternative?

get on the phone to them & haggle. Like George in the car showroom in Seinfeld! we got a right good deal just by saying that someone else that we knew got a good package...

they've got plenty riggle room.  for deals

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

John - I dunno if it's the same problem I had, but if it is, I had to go to someone's profile page, then hit the PM icon on there. It wouldn't let me do it just by typing in someone's username. 

That's what I've been doing mate, some folk you get a paragraph where you can free type, and others it's greyed out. 

Tennant's  6's

Revista was great in its day, not quite Gazzetta footba Italian on Ch4 but was still a good watch.  

First started during Ronaldo Fenomino one & only season at barca I'm sure.  

BTSPORT always seem to put so much more effort & personality into their shows

5 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

Won't let me PM you mate

No idea why.  Not as if my inbox is rolling in messages ?

NANOJAMBO
6 hours ago, Taffin said:

How did you get the sky sports channels? I thought they don't do them being owned by BT. I've got EE tv but don't use it; I would if I can add Sky sports though. I'll check out their website.

It's available as a single add on package AFAIK.  It doesn't show up on their  "normal" TV guide but you can def get it as a separate service. 

NANOJAMBO
3 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Revista was great in its day, not quite Gazzetta footba Italian on Ch4 but was still a good watch.  

First started during Ronaldo Fenomino one & only season at barca I'm sure.  

BTSPORT always seem to put so much more effort & personality into their shows

Back in the day when you got the Bundesliga games for free as no one was interested in it. :sad3:

18 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's available as a single add on package AFAIK.  It doesn't show up on their  "normal" TV guide but you can def get it as a separate service. 

Nice one cheers. I'll do some digging.

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Just noticed there is a La Liga tv channel on sky with all the games on for free.  Thought I would share this. 

Free this month then £6 a month

4 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Free this month then £6 a month

Ah okay.  Heads up for the month anyway then it’s back to IPTV for me 👍

20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Just noticed there is a La Liga tv channel on sky with all the games on for free.  Thought I would share this. 

Channel number?

John mcCartney
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Is that Premier Sports chief ? must be,looks like the old Setanta punters in there for our shores.Im happy paying the 70 squids to them for the season.......value for the best quality football on the planet.Paid into it soon as the wrangles early on were sorted out.

44 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Is that Premier Sports chief ? must be,looks like the old Setanta punters in there for our shores.Im happy paying the 70 squids to them for the season.......value for the best quality football on the planet.Paid into it soon as the wrangles early on were sorted out.

It’s not mate it’s an actual channel called la liga tv on Sky.  The numbers above, I’ve not even seen it advertised but there loads of live games all the time it seems, class interviews and fantastic old games.  👍

Tenaciousdandy
On 02/05/2018 at 17:56, JJ93 said:

My mum pays £50 a month for Sky and doesn't even have all of the channels. Crazy. Does anyone recommend a good alternative?

I pay £54 for everything including Netflix through sky, I was paying £17 a month for just the entertainment package but upgraded to sky q recently, if she calls up they will probably give her a better deal

Freeview and Netflix

This is what I pay, decent value as includes Sky 4K, Netflix UHD and multi room. 

Screenshot_20200118-080807.png

GorgieFifeLife

Sky television in general is done.  So many alternatives out there and English football is a massive turn off these days.  I'm glad I've never taken Sky. 

1 minute ago, EH22-Jambo said:

LaLigaTV, the UK’s first dedicated channel showing all live matches and 24/7 content from LaLiga, is now available on Sky, and will launch on Virgin Media’s TV platform on January 16th.

The channel is being offered with a two-week free trial period. This will cover two full matchdays, with every game being watchable. After that trial, the channel will be available as a standalone HD channel at £5.99 per month or as a part of the Premier Sports bundle, which also includes Premier Sports 1 and Premier Sports 2, for £11.99 per month. The channel is available to all current Premier Sports subscribers at no extra cost.

I phoned them to get their sports channels and agreed a price. They then said it would be an extra fiver (or something) for them in HD (not 4K).

I told them to bolt and forget it.

absolute jokers. 

2 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Sky television in general is done.  So many alternatives out there and English football is a massive turn off these days.  I'm glad I've never taken Sky. 

if it was mate I wouldn't be as busy at work as I am at the moment 

2 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Utter nonsense, Sky TV is stronger than ever, More subscribers than at any point in history with each one spending more than they ever have. With the money being invested by Comcast in the new Elstree studios, Sky won’t be going anywhere soon.

John mcCartney
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I phoned them to get their sports channels and agreed a price. They then said it would be an extra fiver (or something) for them in HD (not 4K).

I told them to bolt and forget it.

absolute jokers. 

Lol,your real name isnt Frugal Mcdougall is it ??

Anyway,some great games going on today again.

Stewie Griffin
3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I thought la liga Tv was part of premier sports package and nor free to air 

You’re right it is part of premier sports but they have just launched La Liga tv on sky so are putting it on free until the end of the month after that you can choose to subscribe to premier sports and get all their channels for £12 a month I think or if you just want La Liga it’s £6 I think 

30 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Lol,your real name isnt Frugal Mcdougall is it ??

Anyway,some great games going on today again.

lol. No but in this day and age surely HD should be standard ? Fair enough 4K a charge but not HD