Stuart Lyon

Phil Dunphy

None whatsoever.

They don't market their channels based on La Liga, they market them based on the Premier League.

shaun.lawson

:pleasing:

They have so much less than they used to. Really really hope they're on the slippery slope. BT's coverage is so much better than Sky's, it's almost a joke at times.

sairyinthat

not on topic but kinda relating to it,anybody have that skyline app and if so how effective is it tis legal though.

Thank god I dumped the Sky Sports and Movies packages, total waste of money. They have been trying to save money all over the shop to make the books look better for the Fox takeover. 

Spanish league imo is the best watch in Europe. Despite the riches of the EPL the top top players are still playing in Spain 

EPL has become a hard watch at times. I suppose over saturation of live football is a factor. 

frankblack
4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Spanish league imo is the best watch in Europe. Despite the riches of the EPL the top top players are still playing in Spain 

EPL has become a hard watch at times. I suppose over saturation of live football is a factor. 

I have been to a number of EPL games and rarely came away thinking how enjoyable they were to watch.

The loss of the rights still represents a blow to Sky, though, especially after it was beaten to the Champions League rights by BT in 2013. The company has been forced to make savings across its business in recent years, and in February it struck a deal for domestic Premier League rights which meant it would pay 16 per cent less per match than on the existing agreement.

Sky had previously been forced by the arrival of BT to pay 83 per cent more for Premier League football rights, which led to cuts across the company and contributed to the loss of sports rights such as tennis.”

hopefully the start of the downward spiral 

My mum pays £50 a month for Sky and doesn't even have all of the channels. Crazy. Does anyone recommend a good alternative?

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I have been to a number of EPL games and rarely came away thinking how enjoyable they were to watch.

I'm the same.  Watched Everton and Boro games quite a few times. Not great at all 

1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

My mum pays £50 a month for Sky and doesn't even have all of the channels. Crazy. Does anyone recommend a good alternative?

Read a book.

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, JJ93 said:

I get BT Sport channels upstairs and downstairs and on phone for a combined £38 a month. None of this SS Box Office nonsense either. You don’t have to pay extra for a big fight or something. Plus they have the CL final for free.

thehibsaregay
2 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I get BT Sport channels upstairs and downstairs and on phone for a combined £38 a month. None of this SS Box Office nonsense either. You don’t have to pay extra for a big fight or something. Plus they have the CL final for free.

BT are launching a box office for big fights 

4 minutes ago, andrew said:

Read a book.

I do - but some evenings are for chilling out with entertainment. 

Not really on topic but, after 2 hours on their chat thing I have finally managed to ditch sky totally. I feel so much better as I detest that company

43 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

They have so much less than they used to. Really really hope they're on the slippery slope. BT's coverage is so much better than Sky's, it's almost a joke at times.

Maybe BT will show La Liga

Edited by Marvin

Really interested in this.  Sky losing everything here including the next rugby world cup.  

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Really interested in this.  Sky losing everything here including the next rugby world cup.  

Cricket world cup after that hopefully.

sairyinthat
11 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

that app is under £50 and you get all channels apparently.From amazon

Their coverage of the Spanish league is quite good too.

Would be nice if this new channel was like Gol tv you get in Spain plus obviously the live match.  

I csnt really see many people paying to watch the Spanish football so it will be interesting to see how it works especially when you can watch the games online via betting accounts anyway. 

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Not really on topic but, after 2 hours on their chat thing I have finally managed to ditch sky totally. I feel so much better as I detest that company

Why? Is it cool to hate it or something? 

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

that app is under £50 and you get all channels apparently.From amazon

Iptv available also on iPhone iPad it’s cracking £10 pm 

sairyinthat

Thing I mention is the size of a packet of fags and just pushes into the ariel port bit of a write up  and  Bing was commenting on it.Quite legitimate so some will definitely have it.

mellors1874

for those of you wishing the demise of sky that is people losing their jobs if that happens and since I'm about to start working for sky I hope that doesn't happen.

Chester™
55 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Maybe BT will show La Liga

They'd have to negotiate a package from those that now hold the rights, Eleven Sports (its in the link provided in the OP).

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Since when?

Yeah, don't recall seeing Spanish games being advertised on BT. 

Tommy Brown
9 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

for those of you wishing the demise of sky that is people losing their jobs if that happens and since I'm about to start working for sky I hope that doesn't happen.

:sob:

I have renewed my subscription I cancelled 4 years ago

#THINKOFMELLORS

13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Since when?

Sorry, my mistake... got my Italian and Spanish leagues mixed up. 

The Treasurer

I wonder if Sky will fill the gap left by La Liga with a more in depth coverage of Scottish football

Nah I don't think so either

NANOJAMBO
15 hours ago, JJ93 said:

All 3 of us have mobiles with EE and were getting pestered to take EE tv. Having looked into it we went for it (or the missus did). We took the broadband and one of their TV packages (for all Sky sports channels) and it's way cheaper than Sky.  Plus it doesn't  come bundled with a load of crap you aren't interested in but have to pay for. Check their website, there's always deals going on. 

So they've lost one of their only redeeming factors they had left.

Well done SKY. Put all your money into the franchises down south and left with nothing else to bid with.

Only reason i have SS at the minute is because they offered it to me at a £5 a month. I won't be renewing.

That said if La Liga goes to a subscription service etc i doubt i would pay money to watch it. With all the streaming options these days nobody needs to pay for sports packages.

Mysterion

Previously Sky were paying £18million a season for La Liga. 

Wonder what the new rights holder got it for ?

Eleven Sports is lead by the former execs that built up BT Sport - for a company with no presence in the UK going into partnership and reselling rights may be an option.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

I wonder if Sky will fill the gap left by La Liga with a more in depth coverage of Scottish football

Goodness me no.  You couldn't have them covering the country whose clubs play for the oldest trophy in world football.

That would never do.

Next you will be suggesting we get a fair allocation of tv money.

Some people.

shaun.lawson

Paul Gascoigne, at 51:13 here, sums up my feelings about Sky Sports. 

Bridge of Djoum
17 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Go out? 

The Old Tolbooth
17 hours ago, Spencer said:

To be honest, I wouldn't give you tuppence for the Spanish league, it doesn't really register with me, I wouldn't care less about the EPL either if I hadn't been shouting on Liverpool for the last 40 plus years, I do however get highly entertained by the Bundesliga, and the Dutch league is also decent o watch as well as there's usually plenty end to end action, but the coverage is limited. 

17 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

Iptv available also on iPhone iPad it’s cracking £10 pm 

I do IPTV on my smart TV mate, much cheaper than a tenner a month, you just download the app, send the supplier the Mac Code, get a free 24 hour trial, and see if it suits you, for £60 per year, or £74 per year with video on demand, it really is a cracking piece of kit and pisses all over Kodi and the like. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This is the beginning of the end of Sky as we’ve known it for 20 years. Only a matter of time before they start getting outbid for PL rights 

chester copperpot

Fabiptv - 6.50 a month and all the live sports in the world.

Works magic wired into my amazon box

20 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

To be honest, I wouldn't give you tuppence for the Spanish league, it doesn't really register with me, I wouldn't care less about the EPL either if I hadn't been shouting on Liverpool for the last 40 plus years, I do however get highly entertained by the Bundesliga, and the Dutch league is also decent o watch as well as there's usually plenty end to end action, but the coverage is limited. 

I do IPTV on my smart TV mate, much cheaper than a tenner a month, you just download the app, send the supplier the Mac Code, get a free 24 hour trial, and see if it suits you, for £60 per year, or £74 per year with video on demand, it really is a cracking piece of kit and pisses all over Kodi and the like. 

I know there's cheaper out there for signing up longer but I got burned recently with one that went down and I had just signed up a half year mate.  Pretty apprehensive about going more than a month just now.  A PM with the info would be nice though please. 

2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Previously Sky were paying £18million a season for La Liga. 

Wonder what the new rights holder got it for ?

Eleven Sports is lead by the former execs that built up BT Sport - for a company with no presence in the UK going into partnership and reselling rights may be an option.

£20m it's stated. 

north wales jambo

Really basic knowledge of tech stuff, but went in App Store on iPad for Iptv, loads showed up.. which one should I look at. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

All 3 of us have mobiles with EE and were getting pestered to take EE tv. Having looked into it we went for it (or the missus did). We took the broadband and one of their TV packages (for all Sky sports channels) and it's way cheaper than Sky.  Plus it doesn't  come bundled with a load of crap you aren't interested in but have to pay for. Check their website, there's always deals going on. 

How did you get the sky sports channels? I thought they don't do them being owned by BT. I've got EE tv but don't use it; I would if I can add Sky sports though. I'll check out their website.

Edited by Taffin

The Shed Floodlight
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

what and bid 1.8 million rather than 18 million,  happened before so watch this space espec if Stevie G  gets the Rangers gig

4 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Wishful thinking there :laugh:

Sky cant really be blamed for mugging off Scottish football for years.

That blame lies at the door of our own SPFL/SFA  also clubs not willing to push things and happy with scraps from the old firms table.