Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• davemclaren

• RobboM

• systemx

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Bking9 said:

? I try and get tickets for Sunday games and midweek games ect and very much make it when i don't have football on a Saturday. 

Haa! There's not many of us jambos that play with the Dale 1 or 2 maybe. 

Some of the shouts I hear from the stands are class ? tend to have a wee chuckle to myself on the pitch.

There are a few more in the support mate.

Well done on the Whitburn result. The team played well.

1 hour ago, Homme said:

There are a few more in the support mate.

Well done on the Whitburn result. The team played well.

Glad to hear it, we should go close this season again.

Footballfirst

One of the Lowland League sides is in trouble already.

Selkirk FC @Selkirk_FC

Due to a meeting being held tonight with the club, we are seeking advice from the Lowland League on a way forward for Selkirk Football Club. At present, the club has not folded and are trying to work at getting issues resolved. We shall keep everyone posted in due course and thank you for your patience.

No further comments can be made at this present time.

... https://www.facebook.com/selkirkfootballclub/posts/1760816720638933 

Edited by Footballfirst

Blackburn 1 Tranent 5 (like that scoreline)Ian Black controlled ball and chipped goalie from halfway to score Tranents 4th.Dont know if he had a bet on it though!!!

kirkierobroy

Saw some of you Jambos on the train to Hamilton from Glesca today. I got off at Cambuslang to watch Kirkie Rob Roy. Lost 4-0 to a hugely impressive Cambuslang Rangers - they played some lovely sweeping passing moves which would have been a pleasure to watch if it had been some other team they were hammering.

I should have stayed on the train and sneaked into New Douglas Park.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, systemx said:

Blackburn 1 Tranent 5 (like that scoreline)Ian Black controlled ball and chipped goalie from halfway to score Tranents 4th.Dont know if he had a bet on it though!!!

Thank f@ck I went to Hamilton

1 minute ago, bikerjambo said:

Thank f@ck I went to Hamilton

Scoreline flattered Tranent a little imo although they deserved the win. Game was close till Tranent scored their 3rd with 10-15minutes left and Blackburn conceded chasing the game.

Bonnyrigg won 10-0 against Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts and Easthouses Lily won 11-2 against Tweedmouth, going to be some funny scores in the EOS leagues this season

Allowayjambo1874
26 minutes ago, Stuart G said:

Bonnyrigg won 10-0 against Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts and Easthouses Lily won 11-2 against Tweedmouth, going to be some funny scores in the EOS leagues this season

Are inverkeithing the amateur club that have stepped up? I can see them on the end of a few really bad hidings this year.

6 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Are inverkeithing the amateur club that have stepped up? I can see them on the end of a few really bad hidings this year.

They are, Bonnyrigg were 7 up at half time, speaking to some of the punters in the Rose Social Club after our game yesterday it could have been a lot more than 10.

On 02/08/2018 at 09:07, Meadows said:

Had my first ever visit to Bo’ness last night , decent pitch and friendly locals .... well some of them ! 

A few Jambo/ Bo'ness fans who follow both teams so assume they were among the friendly locals ( Tynecastle on Tue - Newtown Park on Wed - 2 good wins and same again  sat

eddie fenwick
4 hours ago, Stuart G said:

They are, Bonnyrigg were 7 up at half time, speaking to some of the punters in the Rose Social Club after our game yesterday it could have been a lot more than 10.

that was a sore one for the swifts but considering the side have only been together for 6 or 7 weeks it could've been worse(my son was on the bench and im quite thankful he didn't go on lol)but this is a long term project and things will improve over time

• 8 months later...

I thought I'd revisit this thread  a year on with the East of Scotland (EoS) League season almost finished and talks over the future direction for the Pyramid at the forefront of non-league minds.

Fwiw I've really enjoyed the Conferences in the EoS. Two of the three Conferences go down to the final match tomorrow and a number of the top 5 places to form next season's Premier League still up for grabs. There have been some serious mismatches, as anticipated, but by and large this has been offset by the novelty of new grounds and the knowledge that this was a 1 season necessity to merge the best of the East Juniors with the best of the old EoS. As it stands there may be only 1, possibly 2, of the former EoS teams progressing to the new Premier Division. Otherwise the Junior sides that previously featured in the SuperLeague will form the overwhelming majority. What has been noticable too is the number of clubs now looking to improve their facilities with a view to becoming fully SFA licenced. The organisation and planning of the EoS and associated cup competitions has been excellent with a near full set of fixtures issued at the start of the season and fulfilled. The U20s competition has involved 23 teams and had no equivalent in Junior football.

Meanwhile discussions to integrate the remaining Junior sides into the pyramid have inched forward as convincingly as the Brexit negotiations. The outcome finally appears to be a back of a fag packet proposal that satisfies the Scottish Junior FA (SJFA) primary ambition of self preservation. Rod Petrie is due to address the EoS and the Lowland League clubs this week to explain why the SFA want to railroad through this half arsed scheme. In essence the Scottish Juniors carry on just as they do now with their own separate organisation. At the end of the season the EoS, South of Scotland League, West Junior Superleague and East Junior Superleague all play off for a place in the Lowland League.

After consulation the Lowland League voted unanimously (15-0) and the EoS voted unanimously (39-0) against the SFA proposal. The main objections are that it maintains an artificial and pointless separation of those teams that are within SFA leagues and teams that are within SJFA leagues. The SJFA will continue to run their own separate registration and disciplinary procedures. The East Region Juniors overlaps the same area covered by the EoS. Almost all the old East Superleague teams left the East Region Juniors but now are back at the same level as the old rump East Juniors. Worse yet, the East Region Juniors includes teams north of the Tay, which is the catchment area for the Highland League. In other words the winner of the play off could be a team that is not even (geographically) eligible to play in the Lowland League.

It was the same SFA meeting that sacked McLeish that then went on to endorse this dogs dinner of a plan for non league football in Scotland. Scottish football really is in safe hands ....

.:jj_facepalm:

JamboGraham
3 hours ago, RobboM said:

I thought I'd revisit this thread  a year on with the East of Scotland (EoS) League season almost finished and talks over the future direction for the Pyramid at the forefront of non-league minds.

Fwiw I've really enjoyed the Conferences in the EoS. Two of the three Conferences go down to the final match tomorrow and a number of the top 5 places to form next season's Premier League still up for grabs. There have been some serious mismatches, as anticipated, but by and large this has been offset by the novelty of new grounds and the knowledge that this was a 1 season necessity to merge the best of the East Juniors with the best of the old EoS. As it stands there may be only 1, possibly 2, of the former EoS teams progressing to the new Premier Division. Otherwise the Junior sides that previously featured in the SuperLeague will form the overwhelming majority. What has been noticable too is the number of clubs now looking to improve their facilities with a view to becoming fully SFA licenced. The organisation and planning of the EoS and associated cup competitions has been excellent with a near full set of fixtures issued at the start of the season and fulfilled. The U20s competition has involved 23 teams and had no equivalent in Junior football.

Meanwhile discussions to integrate the remaining Junior sides into the pyramid have inched forward as convincingly as the Brexit negotiations. The outcome finally appears to be a back of a fag packet proposal that satisfies the Scottish Junior FA (SJFA) primary ambition of self preservation. Rod Petrie is due to address the EoS and the Lowland League clubs this week to explain why the SFA want to railroad through this half arsed scheme. In essence the Scottish Juniors carry on just as they do now with their own separate organisation. At the end of the season the EoS, South of Scotland League, West Junior Superleague and East Junior Superleague all play off for a place in the Lowland League.

After consulation the Lowland League voted unanimously (15-0) and the EoS voted unanimously (39-0) against the SFA proposal. The main objections are that it maintains an artificial and pointless separation of those teams that are within SFA leagues and teams that are within SJFA leagues. The SJFA will continue to run their own separate registration and disciplinary procedures. The East Region Juniors overlaps the same area covered by the EoS. Almost all the old East Superleague teams left the East Region Juniors but now are back at the same level as the old rump East Juniors. Worse yet, the East Region Juniors includes teams north of the Tay, which is the catchment area for the Highland League. In other words the winner of the play off could be a team that is not even (geographically) eligible to play in the Lowland League.

It was the same SFA meeting that sacked McLeish that then went on to endorse this dogs dinner of a plan for non league football in Scotland. Scottish football really is in safe hands ....

.:jj_facepalm:

Thanks for sharing...not an area of Scottish football I have much awareness of, you have provided an interesting read.

Footballfirst

I caught up on much of what you posted by reading the thread on Pie & Bovril last night. It looks as if Theresa May, sorry Rod Petrie, is determined to push through his deal or no deal, when there was unanimous rejection of it in the LL and EOSFL.

It does look as if it is an appeasement to the West Juniors, but without sufficient promotion / relegation opportunities to make it a true pyramid.  It the West Juniors want to join the pyramid then they need to integrate fully, rather than be left with full autonomy which seems to be the current thinking.

The best solution, as I see it, is for to create a third regional league at tier 5 to operate alongside the HFL and LL. If a LL East and LL West were established  then the current LL could be split geographically with the likes of East Kilbride, Cumberanuld and BSC etc. heading West. They could be augmented by the top West juniors like Auchinleck, Pollok, Hurlford, Cumnock etc, and it would create more LL places in the East for the ambitious clubs like Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow, Penicuk, Bo'ness, Broxburn and Hill of Beath to progress to tier 5.

Licensing for all tier 5 clubs would be an issue initially, but if clubs could have a year's derogation for the installation of floodlights and other requirements then it could be done. It would keep both the West Juniors and the EOS leagues happy. 

No-one as yet knows the outcome of the licensing meeting of the SFA Board last week, but it would be typical of the SFA if Petrie said that if you don't accept his deal then there will be no new licences issued.

Edited by Footballfirst

Going to Stirling today to hopefully see Broxburn win their Conference. If they do then they'll play-off with Penicuik and Bonnyrigg for a place in the Lowland League. Ironically if they do they'll probably see a drop in income as many of the local teams carry a bigger support so perhaps it's a bit of a poisoned chalice. Hopefully they'll win today if only to finish above Linlithgow Rose.

Footballfirst
31 minutes ago, Macros said:

Going to Stirling today to hopefully see Broxburn win their Conference. If they do then they'll play-off with Penicuik and Bonnyrigg for a place in the Lowland League. Ironically if they do they'll probably see a drop in income as many of the local teams carry a bigger support so perhaps it's a bit of a poisoned chalice. Hopefully they'll win today if only to finish above Linlithgow Rose.

I'm planning on going out to Penicuik, where they need a point to secure their conference title and play-off place.

26 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm planning on going out to Penicuik, where they need a point to secure their conference title and play-off place.

Best of luck to you. 

Diadora Van Basten
28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I have watched Musselburgh a few teams this season and think they are a really good team.

Abiola Dauda

I'd really like to see there be more tiers in Scotland like you get in England etc.  It would be cool if my Sunday league team were in the same league system as Hearts albeit probably at about tier 20!

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I have watched Musselburgh a few teams this season and think they are a really good team.

Yes, they have a couple of ex Hearts youngsters in the squad.  However I think that Penicuik will have the edge although they lost three of their better players to Berwick when Johnny Harvey took over there earlier this season.

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

I'd really like to see there be more tiers in Scotland like you get in England etc.  It would be cool if my Sunday league team were in the same league system as Hearts albeit probably at about tier 20!

I agree. There should be a pathway for all clubs to progress from the bottom to the top if they are willing to invest in better players, infrastructure etc., appropriate to their level and ambitions.

Footballfirst

Well Penicuik did just enough to win EOS Conference A with a 1-1 draw against Musselburgh. Hill of Beath beat Easthouses 5-1 but that wasn't enough with Penicuik only needing a draw..

Broxburn clinched Conference C with a 4-0 win over Stirling University, but as Linlithgow lost 2-1 to Jeanfield the win didn't matter.

Penicuik, Broxburn and Bonnyrigg will now play off for the EOS championship and a place in next season's Lowland League (licences permitting).

Ex Hearts youngsters, Mikey Deland, Bradley Whyte and Jack Gillan all played a part for Musselburgh and Greg Page did likelwise for Penicuik.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Playoff fixtures:

Sat 27 April - Penicuik v Broxburn

Tue 30 April or Wed 1 May - Bonnyrigg v Penicuik

Sat 4 May - Broxburn v Bonnyrigg

31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Playoff fixtures:

Sat 27 April - Penicuik v Broxburn

Tue 30 April or Wed 1 May - Bonnyrigg v Penicuik

Sat 4 May - Broxburn v Bonnyrigg

How does the promotion / relegation work between LL & EoS / SoS? 

I see Stranraer Reserves won the SoS so aren’t eligible for promotion - I also see that Whitehill have been relegated. Therefore, with Selkirk gone, will two of the above teams get promoted, provided that Berwick Rangers don’t come down with the Highland League team going up?

Maybe answered my own question but seems rather complex.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, MWHearts said:

How does the promotion / relegation work between LL & EoS / SoS? 

I see Stranraer Reserves won the SoS so aren’t eligible for promotion - I also see that Whitehill have been relegated. Therefore, with Selkirk gone, will two of the above teams get promoted, provided that Berwick Rangers don’t come down with the Highland League team going up?

Maybe answered my own question but seems rather complex.

I think you have got it.

My understanding is that the EOS champion will replace Whitehill Welfare, in the absence of a play off against the SoS champion.

If Berwick stays up then there would be a vacancy to replace Selkirk. That could be done by election of a "licensed" team, which could be the EoS runner up, Whitehill or any other side like Linlithgow or Preston who wants to be considered.

If East Kilbride goes up then Berwick would replace them in the LL and there would still be a vacancy to replace Selkirk. Again that could be by election of any "licensed" club.

If Cove goes up then I would assume that Berwick would drop down and there would be no vacancy for the Selkirk place.

There has been a suggestion that Dalbeattie Star as the 2nd bottom side in the LL could end up in a play-off in certain circumstances, but the process by which that could happen isn't clear to me.

Footballfirst

Reading further into the possibilities, Selkirk's direct replacement by a relegated side would not be how it would work.

The scenario that affects Dalbeattie would arise if Cove win promotion and Berwick Rangers / Albion Rovers ended up in the LL. In that circumstance Dalbeattie, second bottom in the LL, would be relegated to the SoS.  However, there would be a fair chance that they could be reprieved if they applied to take up the vacant slot left by Selkirk's demise.

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Reading further into the possibilities, Selkirk's direct replacement by a relegated side would not be how it would work.

The scenario that affects Dalbeattie would arise if Cove win promotion and Berwick Rangers / Albion Rovers ended up in the LL. In that circumstance Dalbeattie, second bottom in the LL, would be relegated to the SoS.  However, there would be a fair chance that they could be reprieved if they applied to take up the vacant slot left by Selkirk's demise.

Interesting times. All season it has been assumed that it would be Linlithgow Rose applying for that 2nd vacancy as they are already licenced. Would the LL clubs rally around Dalbeattie or Linlithgow?