Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

Official_AB
On 16/04/2018 at 21:00, Official_AB said:

A name mentioned to me the other day....

Dario Maresic - 18yo Austrian CB 

out of contract in June 

might be nothing/ might be something 

Just to say Austrian CB over next week ?

In well before anyone says I’ve just on the bandwagon! Look at date of my original post 

Edited by Official_AB

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

2 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

In well before anyone says I’ve just on the bandwagon! Look at date of my original post 

18 years old and an ever present in the Austrian top league, looks like a coup if we pull it off

10 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

He's contracted until 2020 according to transfermarkt and valued at 2.5 mill

18 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Did you manage to get the name of the Algerian looking dude??

Just now, Barack said:

And if it's Dario M...then we'll be paying for him. A fair whack.

Which is what I'm trying to establish.

If he’s contracted till 2020 and valued at 2.5m as suggested above, there’s not a lot worth establishing.

KyleLafferty

I’ve heard this, and I’m not naming my source but he works at Hearts. Said we are talks with an Austrian centre half. Got told a few days ago. I never got a name but that’s the info I got.

20 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

18 years old and an ever present in the Austrian top league, looks like a coup if we pull it off

No chance imo. Two years left on his contract and is likely to be his clubs best opportunity to get some money in.

It can't be the 18 year old from Strum Graz. A quick look online suggests Hannover 96 and Bournemouth have shown an interest in the last couple of months.

KyleLafferty

I’ve never understood this place. If someone is posting a Rumour it’s cause they’ve heard something so, they come on here to tell other fans. Then they seem to get slated it for it? Why? Why be argeumentive about it? If you don’t like don’t respond to it so the rest of us can maybe get a little excited when there is zero football on!!! 

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’ve never understood this place. If someone is posting a Rumour it’s cause they’ve heard something so, they come on here to tell other fans. Then they seem to get slated it for it? Why? Why be argeumentive about it? If you don’t like don’t respond to it so the rest of us can maybe get a little excited when there is zero football on!!! 

Yeah it's good information.

History suggests it's more likely to lead to a signing given what we can offer here.

So most likely get confirmed.

Cheers for the info. 

Alex Kintner

Hopefully this pans out and another CB arrives. That just leaves us a backup GK and two quality creative players short of a great squad. :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I fail to see the issue with people getting sceptical about us signing an 18 year old who is worth roughly 3x more than our record transfer fee - and he has 2 years left on his contract. 

KyleLafferty

On my behalf my ‘source’ never said a name nor did I ask a name, I just got told an Austrian centre half.

jamboinglasgow

There is another possibility where it could be Dario, that he comes on a season long loan.

But I think Official_AB has heard that there is an Austrian CB and was told Dario in the past so is putting 2+2 together. I think he is wrong but happy to proved incorrect if he is right.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

There is another possibility where it could be Dario, that he comes on a season long loan.

But I think Official_AB has heard that there is an Austrian CB and was told Dario in the past so is putting 2+2 together. I think he is wrong but happy to proved incorrect if he is right.

Who knows tbh. Think people are probably confusing each other atm

The guy Dario was going to be out of contract this summer, but signed a contract extension in May so highly doubt it would be him even on loan imo

The Internet

Dario Maresic has been an ever present in my PSG defence on football manager. Make of that what you will. 

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Now he is out of contract this June...

Welcome, Bubba!

Played for Birkikara 2016/17 - put us out of Europe last season - did he play in that game/s

The Internet
3 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Played for Birkikara 2016/17 - put us out of Europe last season - did he play in that game/s

Thought the name rang a bell. Didn't he score the first? 

Edit - he did. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

LoveNgoo rumbled again :lol:

How many times is this absolute fantasist going to appear as a new poster with "ITK" information desperately seeking attention? Tragic.

Edited by AndyNic

1 hour ago, Half time pie said:

Christian Bubalovic

He's had a fair few free transfers in the last decade!

Edited by JamboAl

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

He's had a fair few free transfers in the last decade!

There’s this thing called Bosman...   ?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

There’s this thing called Bosman...   ?

Oh I didn't know that.  Is it something new?

I would have thought that any player a club really wanted to keep would be on longer than a 1 year contract.

Cruyff Turn

Nae danger are we signing this guy, he's nowhere near SPFL level in a million years. It would be like signing a 26 yr old from a mid table-bottom Scottish league 1 side. We've punted better players than this in the last year or so for not being good enough. 

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Quite right.

**** off, Bubba!

David Witteveen tore that League up for arse paper, can you imagine the standard of defenders? Especially one who plays for a side that came 2nd bottom in that League. :laugh:

Cruyff Turn
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

I hope this Austrian, who could possibly be of Algerian descent, and is aged between 18 & 29, is worth all this.

:laugh:

Whoever it is, they'll be good, Levein doesn't sign shite defenders. :thumbsup:

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Oh I didn't know that.  Is it something new?

I would have thought that any player a club really wanted to keep would be on longer than a 1 year contract.

Like Jon Mclaughlin?  I’ve no idea about this guy but his only one year deal seems to be at his current club as far as I can see. 

Don't know if this has been mentioned (too lazy to look) but this boy Bubalovic played and scored against us when Birkirkara beat us 2-1 in the Europa Cup, maybe Craig saw something in him that game and has kept tabs.

I can't remember the game at all so don't know if he's any good, but it indicates it isn't just a thoughtless punt on a foreign player.

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Dario Maresic has been an ever present in my PSG defence on football manager. Make of that what you will. 

Your deluded 

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Like Jon Mclaughlin?  I’ve no idea about this guy but his only one year deal seems to be at his current club as far as I can see. 

Below is his reported transfer history. Make of it what you will.

•  
  Date From From club To Minute MV Transfer fee  
Date: Aug 31, 2017
17/18 Aug 31, 2017 Birkirkara FC Malta Birkir Birkirkara FC Floridsdorfer AC Austria FAC FAC £203k Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
Date: Jan 17, 2016
15/16 Jan 17, 2016 SV Kapfenberg Austria KSV SV Kapfenberg Birkirkara FC Malta Birkir Birkirkara FC £203k Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
Date: Jul 1, 2014
14/15 Jul 1, 2014 NK Rudar Velenje Slovenia Rudar Rudar Velenje SV Kapfenberg Austria KSV SV Kapfenberg £225k Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
Date: Jul 1, 2012
12/13 Jul 1, 2012 FC Energie Cottbus II Germany FCE II E. Cottbus II NK Rudar Velenje Slovenia Rudar Rudar Velenje £90k Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
Date: Jul 1, 2010
10/11 Jul 1, 2010 FC Energie Cottbus U19 Germany FC Ene E. Cottbus U19 FC Energie Cottbus II Germany FCE II E. Cottbus II - - pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
Date: Jul 1, 2008
08/09 Jul 1, 2008 AKA Admira Wacker Mödling U17 Austria ADU17 Admira U17 FC Energie Cottbus U19 Germany FC Ene E. Cottbus U19 - Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
Date: Aug 8, 2007
07/08 Aug 8, 2007 1. Simmeringer SC Jugend Austria 1.SSC Simmering Jgd. AKA Admira Wacker Mödling U17 Austria ADU17 Admira U17 - Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
Date: Sep 8, 2006
06/07 Sep 8, 2006 BNZ Rapid Wien U17 Austria SCRU17 Rapid U17 1. Simmeringer SC Jugend Austria 1.SSC Simmering Jgd. - Free transfer pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
Date: Jul 1, 2006
06/07 Jul 1, 2006 BNZ Rapid Wien U15 Austria SCRU15 Rapid U15 BNZ Rapid Wien U17 Austria SCRU17 Rapid U17 - - pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
Date: Jul 1, 2005
05/06 Jul 1, 2005 SK Rapid Wien Jugend Austria SCR Rapid Jugend BNZ Rapid Wien U15 Austria SCRU15 Rapid U15 - - pfeil_rechts_blau_k.png
Date: Sep 2, 2002
02/03 Sep 2, 2002 SV Wienerberg Jugend Austria SV Wie Wienerberg J. SK Rapid Wien Jugend Austria SCR Rapid Jugend - ?