Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

i wish jj was my dad
35 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

I’m wondering very little.  Why would we make offers to people wanting £10k pw?  My reply was to a specific post about offering loads of players deals or along they lines.  If that was the case which I don’t believe as above then it would be worrying that we have landed what we have but it isn’t because it won’t be the case.  Levein likes a window and it’s compared to me like half poker half chess.  No danger he goes all in right away. 

You said I wonder if anything is putting players off. The only thing that would put players off is money IMO. If we can pay what they want they will come. If we can't they won't. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

Unknown user
46 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

I was replying to a specific post as in if that was the case your eh? Check you actually out :lol:  I’m so grateful some pleb on the Internet never said anything. 

Theres probably nothing happening at all.  But loads of offers to players and we have what we have is something I don’t think is happening.  The management and specifically he manager will be playing the window extremely strategically.  Sorry if that doesn’t fit in with your hard man act, couldn’t give two hoots regardless, eh. :lol: 

You replied to this though:

"I'd wager we have made contact with a lot of people"

The negative slant came from you alone as Mr S says, hoots notwithstanding. 

I've wondered who you were before and you wanted to know why I was asking- it's because when you get a new guy who is negative but acts confidently, like they've always been around, there's a decent chance it's a returning bellend in disguise. 

No accusations, just saying.

22 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Wee rumour. We are trying to get Hope Akpan. But face a lot of competition.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/10779978/blackburns-hope-akpan-given-four-game-ban-for-pushing-referee

this guy? He’ll never cope with the corrupt SFA w@***** up here. Also sounds a bit Hibs’ class going AWOL and spitting the dummy for being benched last season. Still, a good pedigree. 

jamboinglasgow
29 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Wee rumour. We are trying to get Hope Akpan. But face a lot of competition.

Know nothing about him except what wikipedia says.

49 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Know nothing about him except what wikipedia says.

He's is fat as F××k 

Looks like a bouncer 

Huge fella 

54 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You replied to this though:

"I'd wager we have made contact with a lot of people"

The negative slant came from you alone as Mr S says, hoots notwithstanding. 

I've wondered who you were before and you wanted to know why I was asking- it's because when you get a new guy who is negative but acts confidently, like they've always been around, there's a decent chance it's a returning bellend in disguise. 

No accusations, just saying.

My reaction was to the wager part. Nothing any thing cynical I don’t act confidently too just trying to fit in as my own wee user in the best Jambo forum by miles 

1 hour ago, Juanjo15 said:

I was replying to a specific post as in if that was the case your eh? Check you actually out :lol:  I’m so grateful some pleb on the Internet never said anything. 

Theres probably nothing happening at all.  But loads of offers to players and we have what we have is something I don’t think is happening.  The management and specifically he manager will be playing the window extremely strategically.  Sorry if that doesn’t fit in with your hard man act, couldn’t give two hoots regardless, eh. :lol: 

Good saaaan

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Reminds me of someone who cast something of a shadow not long ago.

Man like Cast

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

I wonder if anything what is putting anyone off then because there’s only really been one positive signing ready to play in our first team. 

It's May 17th. 108 days left in the window 

2 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

Calling Mr S a pleb.

:facepalm:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

You know **** all about football eh?

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Have you forgot Jamie Brandon and as for Amankwaa he cannot be classed as a Premier League footballer. Apart from that we need more quality and pace.

Fair point but he's only in the Premiership.

13 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Fair point but he's only in the Premiership.

Did i agree to the league changing our top league from Premier to Premiership NO. Now the English league have takem the Premier name. 

22 hours ago, kimosavi said:

He's is fat as F××k 

Looks like a bouncer 

Huge fella 

You neglected to mention his twelve career goals.

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

All I’ll say is 

GK (31) premier league 

contract expiring soon.....

Wayne Hennesy?

On 17/05/2018 at 20:08, Mr Sifter said:

Whether he's been here before or not I genuinely couldn't tell ye, but it wouldn't surprise me. As I say, sleekit with it tho. 

Care to expand with the sleekit shit? 

Oasis references too. No idea what cluedos are all about. 

23 hours ago, Morgan said:

Calling Mr S a pleb.

:facepalm:

No idea who the poster is apart from spouting pish about me.   Plebish behaviour trying to police the place. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

Defo Wayne Hennessy. Only 31 EPL goalkeeper with comtract expiring

No chance 

3 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

No idea who the poster is apart from spouting pish about me.   Plebish behaviour trying to police the place. 

He’s just a good poster and to be fair to him, he wasn’t trying to ‘police the place’ as you put it.

I just think he thought he recognised your posting style.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No chance 

Would be very unlikely given he starts every week but he is out of contract. No other player fits the bill if we’re talking EPL

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Would be very unlikely given he starts every week but he is out of contract. No other player fits the bill if we’re talking EPL

I  wouldn't take the post seriously 

9 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Care to expand with the sleekit shit? 

Oasis references too. No idea what cluedos are all about. 

The Oasis reference refers to a now (allegedly) defunct member whose name on here related to an Oasis song.  He/she/it was, let me put it kindly, a negative individual and something of a WUM.  Some may be suggesting that you're posting style bears some resemblance to said individual.  Personally, I don't think you are that person.  He/she/it was in a different league to you.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Rather a sad thing to do is it not?, why on earth would anyone claim to recognise someone's 'posting style' when there's nothing to point it out apart from being a bit childish and as the guy say basically trying to police the place. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Haken said:

The Oasis reference refers to a now (allegedly) defunct member whose name on here related to an Oasis song.  He/she/it was, let me put it kindly, a negative individual and something of a WUM.  Some may be suggesting that you're posting style bears some resemblance to said individual.  Personally, I don't think you are that person.  He/she/it was in a different league to you.

I'm not a fan, is it where a poster said "cast something of a shadow" above?

If so, that's pretty oblique, bit of a leap to oasis unless you're looking for it. 

Unless there's been another reference I've missed (in which case I apologise fully), I'm calling it.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If so, that's pretty oblique, bit of a leap to oasis unless you're looking for it. 

Unless there's been another reference I've missed (in which case I apologise fully), I'm calling it.

That was my take.

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Only 30yo

Only keepers I can see from the UK that would have Prem Experience are

Hennessy

Myhill

Hamer

and Mark Bunn. 

Bazzas right boot
On 17/05/2018 at 20:10, Mr Sifter said:

Anyway, are we running a sweepstake on how many pages this'll reach? I'll go for 73?

I'll take it down  before it reaches 66.

I expect you to pay your bet, or in other words pay the

Billie-Piper-doctor-who-33478876-355-421.jpg

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Haken said:

That was my take.

Then it's him. 

No way a new poster got that reference, no way. 

Jamboscanbevicius
33 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Ben Hamer Leicester City?

This would be my take on it. Hamer is only 30 atm, but 31 later this year.

He is the only Premiership GK who would seem even close to a realistic target at around this age. It would be a big wage cut for the boy, but 30 is not old for a GK and he needs to rebuild his career after years on the bench behind KS at Leicester.

He seems to have been pretty highly thought of 4 yrs ago when they signed him, and has been behind an outstanding number one in a side that won the league, so he could be excellent.

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

He is the only Premiership GK who would seem even close to a realistic target at around this age. It would be a big wage cut for the boy, but 30 is not old for a GK and he needs to rebuild his career after years on the bench behind KS at Leicester.

He seems to have been pretty highly thought of 4 yrs ago when they signed him, and has been behind an outstanding number one in a side that won the league, so he could be excellent.

Would be an outstanding signing but I reckon Championship teams with bigger budgets will be after him

i wish jj was my dad
45 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I made the reference to CNS because he is full of the same negative WUM shite I read from said troll. No idea if they are one and the same. Quite a few more trolls are getting through nowadays but I hope this particular one gets found out more quickly than that prick.

Jamboscanbevicius
18 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Would be an outstanding signing but I reckon Championship teams with bigger budgets will be after him

Totally agree. I would be very surprised. 

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I made the reference to CNS because he is full of the same negative WUM shite I read from said troll. No idea if they are one and the same. Quite a few more trolls are getting through nowadays but I hope this particular one gets found out more quickly than that prick.

I've read back and take it back, there were other references so fair play to him. At the end of the day though, it's not good when people think you might be a well known troll who left under a cloud, even if you're not him. 

i wish jj was my dad
20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I've read back and take it back, there were other references so fair play to him. At the end of the day though, it's not good when people think you might be a well known troll who left under a cloud, even if you're not him. 

As I said, I have no idea. But he has a very similar posting style. 

Tbf, we seem to have quite a few posters who revel in negativity and this guy is far from tbe worst.

Hearts1975
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 06:22, Juanjo15 said:

I wonder if anything what is putting anyone off then because there’s only really been one positive signing ready to play in our first team. 

Its far too early to say that

Young boy burns is a prospect and has the attributes to do well in the game

Mclean I think will surprise a lot of our support

Big lad from Cambridge is a bit of an unknown but is something completely different by the looks of some of the you tube clips

Mulraney - will need time

Olly Lee - Good signing

For me there are probably 2-3 players who could compete for a 1st team place at the moment

SG is right, we will have had to made a lot of contact and there is more to come - we just need some patience but I'm sure there will be a few surprises coming in as well

You will probably find more of the squad signings will come in first then 1st teamers later just due to contract situations and players weighing options up - far too early to push the panic button yet

59 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Its far too early to say that

Young boy burns is a prospect and has the attributes to do well in the game

Mclean I think will surprise a lot of our support

Big lad from Cambridge is a bit of an unknown but is something completely different by the looks of some of the you tube clips

Mulraney - will need time

Olly Lee - Good signing

For me there are probably 2-3 players who could compete for a 1st team place at the moment

SG is right, we will have had to made a lot of contact and there is more to come - we just need some patience but I'm sure there will be a few surprises coming in as well

You will probably find more of the squad signings will come in first then 1st teamers later just due to contract situations and players weighing options up - far too early to push the panic button yet

Top post good man :) 

4 hours ago, Haken said:

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

He’s just a good poster and to be fair to him, he wasn’t trying to ‘police the place’ as you put it.

Sound no bother - some might say the wrong tree is being barked up then:

Edited by Juanjo15

8 hours ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I apologise for the following Greggs-worthy input. 

My brother in law was at the Barbers (the new Greggs).  Barber said he’d been cutting the Hearts goalies hair who’d said he was signing for Leicester. 

Id assumed it was Jon going down as back up. 

Could be a mix up and was the new lad. 

Coul be complete nonsense. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, CMc said:

I apologise for the following Greggs-worthy input. 

My brother in law was at the Barbers (the new Greggs).  Barber said he’d been cutting the Hearts goalies hair who’d said he was signing for Leicester. 

Id assumed it was Jon going down as back up. 

Could be a mix up and was the new lad. 

Coul be complete nonsense. 

I would be v disappointed if Jon went anywhere as back up even if it was to earn lottery type figures. He's a great keeper in his prime and should be looking to start the next international campaign as no.1.