Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Right-back Michael Nottingham has just left Salford City.

A random name I'm throwing out there.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

1 minute ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Right-back Michael Nottingham has just left Salford City.

A random name I'm throwing out there.

think we're suitably covered for rb, one has just been let go back to his parent club and Liam Smith has returned from loan.

Hilary Briss
57 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

There is substance to the Charlie Adam rumour. We made contact a month or two ago with him and there is possible movement there. 

Really hope this happens...........he would be tremendous signing.

Still looked one of Stokes better players in few times I seen him play this season. He would be revelation back up here. 

Absolute Scenes

I don't want to get excited

But genuinely would send a message to the rest of the league

Rangers can have every journey man they want...charlie adam would be very suited to our game I think

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

There is substance to the Charlie Adam rumour. We made contact a month or two ago with him and there is possible movement there. 

I really hope so. Someone of his quality would give the team experience and ability from the back to the front.  An on form Charlie Adam, Naismith and Lafferty would be good enough against any defence.  Mouth watering!  A real show of intent if Levein pulls this off.  

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Oooo I love a good summer transfer window!

What was said, or was it just early days contact, "we'd be interested in signing you" kind of thing?

Interested in you kind of discussion. Ball would be in CA's court as i'm sure he has several offers. I'm sure we will have offered him something though

Absolute Scenes

Interested in you kind of discussion. Ball would be in CA's court as i'm sure he has several offers. I'm sure we will have offered him something though

Thanks for sharing this mate, appreciate it!

Alex Kintner

Cheers Daza. Excitement levels now moved from mildly damp to slightly moist :thumbsup:

Edited by Frank1874

17 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Ross Wallace is the other fairly credible Aberdeen rumour 

We have quite a gap to close on Aberdeen. Hopefully it narrows rather than increase

Jamboscanbevicius
17 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Ross Wallace is the other fairly credible Aberdeen rumour 

Ross Wallace has had a decent career. Never a big name, but he’s been played a lot of games in good leagues for a long time now!

32 now but he’d be a solid signing for anyone outside Celtic IMO

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

The lack of mobility is a bit of a myth. He plays almost every week in the fastest, most physically demandibg league in the workd and wouldn’t be doing that if he wasn’t mobile

I confess to not following English football much nowadays but fitter and more mobile guys than Charlie haven't coped with the pace and other physical elements of our game. 

The important thing - if we were to get him - would be to make sure we can make best use of his skills. Chasing the likes of mcginn over the park isnt for him

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I don't want to get excited

But genuinely would send a message to the rest of the league

Rangers can have every journey man they want...charlie adam would be very suited to our game I think

Certainly would. The guys a winner, if you brought him in he'd be another leader in the dressing room. Him and Cowie in the middle, I like that combination in the big games

BackOfTheNet

The Charlie Adam rumours went all the way back to January if I recall. I wasn’t overwhelmed then and I wouldn’t be much now. Not saying I wouldn’t take him, but I wouldn’t get excited about it.

Might be a moot point anyway as Stoke might see him as well suited to the Championship or as someone else has suggested if Rangers sniff he’ll probably jump. I’m sure Levein has been in touch, but when you see that McGregor apparently shook hands on signing with us to only then sign for Rangers then any minimal contact at this stage doesn’t really mean anything.

BackOfTheNet
52 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Ach C'mon Hearts FFS! Haven't signed anyone in 24 hours! Boring! :seething:

This is where I’m at! I’m looking forward to going on holiday in a few weeks so that I don’t need my mundane day broken like it has been with these almost daily signings. :pleased:

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The Charlie Adam rumours went all the way back to January if I recall. I wasn’t overwhelmed then and I wouldn’t be much now. Not saying I wouldn’t take him, but I wouldn’t get excited about it.

Might be a moot point anyway as Stoke might see him as well suited to the Championship or as someone else has suggested if Rangers sniff he’ll probably jump. I’m sure Levein has been in touch, but when you see that McGregor apparently shook hands on signing with us to only then sign for Rangers then any minimal contact at this stage doesn’t really mean anything.

I have a feeling he may end up at Dundee, his boyhood heroes.

King prawn

Never knew Charlie Adam was 6ft 1 - always thought he was the same height as someone like Scholes :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He will will end up going to Rangers.  Mates with Gerrard too. 

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Callachan can go box to box as can Cowie. Ye I agree with the passing comment, a player like that would be a great addition

I perhaps should have added “with the ball” or “effectively” ?

Yeah, I can see sevco chucking 10k a week at him.

If he wants a move back home I think he’ll end up there. Gerrard being there only strengthens that possibility imo.

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Never knew Charlie Adam was 6ft 1 - always thought he was the same height as someone like Scholes :lol: 

6ft 1 is his circumference.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Yeah, I can see sevco chucking 10k a week at him.

If he wants a move back home I think he’ll end up there. Gerrard being there only strengthens that possibility imo.

Not sure about that. Sure I remember reeading something where Gerrard and Bellamy were taking the piss out of Adam after he left to join Stoke and were saying how he wasn’t Liverpool quality.

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Has previously stated he wants to end his career there I think.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I perhaps should have added “with the ball” or “effectively” ?

Ye just like our former player Perry Kitchen, he should be on the field, hes a good athlete, but should rarely see the ball. Harsh but true

1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Not sure about that. Sure I remember reeading something where Gerrard and Bellamy were taking the piss out of Adam after he left to join Stoke and were saying how he wasn’t Liverpool quality.

Adam backed Gerrard all the way for Rangers boss before he got the job. If he comes North it will be to them or Dundee. 

38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd wager we have made contact with a lot of people 

I wonder if anything what is putting anyone off then because there’s only really been one positive signing ready to play in our first team. 

Tommy Brown

i seen on Facebook, Stuart Findlay (on loan at Killie) mentioned as a possible loan target.

Is there any substance in this? very decent player and realistic target.

and as for Ross Wallace, he needs another boot up the arse. Well done SPH. :smile:

9 minutes ago, kila said:

:interehjrling:

Would be a fantastic signing hopefully we are interested. 

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

I wonder if anything what is putting anyone off then because there’s only really been one positive signing ready to play in our first team. 

Our wage ceiling will largely  dictate the players we can attract. Plenty of other attractive factors work in our favour.  But not being able to offer 10k a week will put some people off. What were you wondering?

Alex Kintner
22 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Eh?

johnking123
25 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

i seen on Facebook, Stuart Findlay (on loan at Killie) mentioned as a possible loan target.

Is there any substance in this? very decent player and realistic target.

and as for Ross Wallace, he needs another boot up the arse. Well done SPH. :smile:

Stuart is out of contract.

27 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

You hate a wee sleekit negative slant to yer posts eh? Noticed it a few days ago but said nowt, noticed it again yesterday but said nowt and then this. 

Yeah, wonder what's putting people off signing for us given we're what, three days into the window? There simply MUST be something eh? 

Youre at it. 

132goals1958
9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

On the basis of two players for every position, I'd be reasonably happy with this going forward. One quality/big name signing in each area of the park, with some seasoned pros and youngsters to supplement when required. Which I believe, is Craig's vision. 

Goalkeepers

- Quality keeper required
- Hamilton

Right Back

- Smith

- Godinho

Centre Back

- Berra

- Souttar

- Hughes (if he retires, I'd be happy promoting Hamilton)

- Bradley (or similar type of experienced pro)

Left Back

- Mitchell (back on loan)

- Burns (as backup)

Centre Midfield

- Quality midfielder required

- Adao (loan/permanent)

- Lee

- Djoum/Cochrane

Attacking Midfield 

- Naismith (loan/permanent)

- Milinkovic (loan/permanent)

- Amankwaa

- Mulraney

- Burns

Striker

- Lafferty

- Maclean

- Ikpeazu

Probably lacking one more in the attacking midfield position. Ideally, we'd sign one more, possibly a right sided player.

A starting line up of:

- Quality keeper

- Smith/Godinho

- Souttar

- Berra

- Mitchell

- Quality midfielder

- Adao

- Milinkovic

- Naismith

- Right sided attacking midfielder

- Lafferty

Hopefully Jamie Brandon will also figure after injury.

johnking123

Luke Steele is the exact type of keeper we are after. Experienced goalkeeper and has played at a good level. But would think others will be after! 

i wish jj was my dad
11 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

You hate a wee sleekit negative slant to yer posts eh? Noticed it a few days ago but said nowt, noticed it again yesterday but said nowt and then this. 

Yeah, wonder what's putting people off signing for us given we're what, three days into the window? There simply MUST be something eh? 

Youre at it. 

Reminds me of someone who cast something of a shadow not long ago.

2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Whether he's been here before or not I genuinely couldn't tell ye, but it wouldn't surprise me. As I say, sleekit with it tho. 

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Definitely, maybe

35 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Youre at it. 

I was replying to a specific post as in if that was the case your eh? Check you actually out :lol:  I’m so grateful some pleb on the Internet never said anything. 

Theres probably nothing happening at all.  But loads of offers to players and we have what we have is something I don’t think is happening.  The management and specifically he manager will be playing the window extremely strategically.  Sorry if that doesn’t fit in with your hard man act, couldn’t give two hoots regardless, eh. :lol: 

Edited by Juanjo15

58 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Our wage ceiling will largely  dictate the players we can attract. Plenty of other attractive factors work in our favour.  But not being able to offer 10k a week will put some people off. What were you wondering?

I’m wondering very little.  Why would we make offers to people wanting £10k pw?  My reply was to a specific post about offering loads of players deals or along they lines.  If that was the case which I don’t believe as above then it would be worrying that we have landed what we have but it isn’t because it won’t be the case.  Levein likes a window and it’s compared to me like half poker half chess.  No danger he goes all in right away. 

The Future's Maroon
26 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Anyway, are we running a sweepstake on how many pages this'll reach? I'll go for 73?

+100 ?

10 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

On the basis of two players for every position, I'd be reasonably happy with this going forward. One quality/big name signing in each area of the park, with some seasoned pros and youngsters to supplement when required. Which I believe, is Craig's vision. 

Goalkeepers

- Quality keeper required
- Hamilton

Right Back

- Smith

- Godinho

Centre Back

- Berra

- Souttar

- Hughes (if he retires, I'd be happy promoting Hamilton)

- Bradley (or similar type of experienced pro)

Left Back

- Mitchell (back on loan)

- Burns (as backup)

Centre Midfield

- Quality midfielder required

- Adao (loan/permanent)

- Lee

- Djoum/Cochrane

Attacking Midfield 

- Naismith (loan/permanent)

- Milinkovic (loan/permanent)

- Amankwaa

- Mulraney

- Burns

Striker

- Lafferty

- Maclean

- Ikpeazu

Probably lacking one more in the attacking midfield position. Ideally, we'd sign one more, possibly a right sided player.

A starting line up of:

- Quality keeper

- Smith/Godinho

- Souttar

- Berra

- Mitchell

- Quality midfielder

- Adao

- Milinkovic

- Naismith

- Right sided attacking midfielder

- Lafferty

Have you forgot Jamie Brandon and as for Amankwaa he cannot be classed as a Premier League footballer. Apart from that we need more quality and pace.

12 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Good assessment. I think MS is a bit of an Eggert tbh. Can slot in and do a job anywhere when needed. Not a worldbeater but I like him a lot.

Yeah good comparison.

I like him to and believe he will be an important squad member next season.