Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

i wish jj was my dad
14 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I heard From a decent source last night that we are in advanced talks with Charlie Adam.

I really hope it's true.

I'd like to think it's true but I had my hopes up with McShagger from a really good source. Maybe Adam isn't as much of a shite house so won't totallyrule it out.

If he did come and we could get decent energy beside him , i.e. Adao and Naismith that would be some midfield.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

O'halloran would be good. No way we could afford Barry Mckay's wages. 

Guess it would depend on who else wants him and what they're willing to pay.  He's not being released for having been a roaring success.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

O'halloran would be good. No way we could afford Barry Mckay's wages. 

Not what forrest were paying, I'd assume he won't be going up a level, so would depend on who else were sniffing about. 

He wouldn't be cheap, tho. 

I don't think anyone is seriously discussing Michael Smith as a potential regular option at CM next season. People are only offering there opinions as to his effectiveness in that position if/when called upon.  Personally the couple of games I've seen him play CM at Tynecastle he's been very good but no, I wouldn't have him as a regular CM. 

CL has already named him as part of his RB options for next season anyway, when giving his reasons for not following up When Randall's loan ended. 

31 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I heard From a decent source last night that we are in advanced talks with Charlie Adam.

I really hope it's true.

Has a tremendous left peg and a superb passer of the ball, yes please.

August Landmesser
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Aberdeen for Barrie McKay. 

Fair enough they're still on a higher budget than us, but not for too much longer. 

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Good assessment. We seem to be amassing numbers, but not quite adding to the quality (yet)

Indee, and we did need options, our bench was thin. 

We seem to be getting different types to mix it up which is good, bit of pace, bit of power, left footers, young a bit experience, all good, however we do need a couple of bits of quality in our midfield. Hopefully incoming. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If true, we should be bustin a move to get him. 

Jamboscanbevicius

I wouldn’t get too concerned about midfield atm... it needs work but we have just today signed Olly Lee who looks a decent addition on paper.

Hopefully we can bring Adao back, and then if we could bring in Scott Fraser (or even Charlie Adam) that would be looking pretty good to me.

Especially with Cochrane, Cowie, etc as rotation/cover!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
7 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I wouldn’t get too concerned about midfield atm... it needs work but we have just today signed Olly Lee who looks a decent addition on paper.

Hopefully we can bring Adao back, and then if we could bring in Scott Fraser (or even Charlie Adam) that would be looking pretty good to me.

Especially with Cochrane, Cowie, etc as rotation/cover!

I'm gonna go cup half empty ? and say it's the opposite. Olly Lee looks ordinary on paper and we're hoping hes better in reality. 

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

That is an archetypal McInnes signing. Proven up here but lost their way after a move down south and exactly the kind of signing we should be looking at.

If we sign him and get him back on track, we can look to flog him to Germany or China for £6m.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Definitely need to invest in a solid midfield this season to have a chance of pushing on from last year. I’d keep Don Cowie as ( back up) Harry Cochrane ( Back up rotation ) i’d loan Ross Callachan out to a championship team not ready for the first team. Which Leaves Olly Lee & Djoum once he’s back from injury would love to see someone like Wes Burns, Stevie Mallan added to that midfield feel like most of the signings we’ve made so far are back up and no more.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

That is an archetypal McInnes signing. Proven up here but lost their way after a move down south and exactly the kind of signing we should be looking at.

If we sign him and get him back on track, we can look to flog him to Germany or China for £6m.

Exactly 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Where you seeing this? 

Mentioned by a few Aberdeen people who have been at recent fan events their manager has attended .

Apparently fair bit of fighting talk re Gerrard as well 

Edited by Sir Gio

Cruyff Turn
46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He'd be the right type of signing but I'm afraid if we were interested, that would probably mean no Milinkovic. :sad:

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Mentioned by a few Aberdeen people who have been at recent fan events their manager has attended .

Apparently fair bit of fighting talk re Gerrard as well 

Ah right. Definitely a McInnes type signing. Hopefully CL at least considers him if he is available as he would be a good signing for us. 

Intrigued to see what happens at the basket case of a club in Govan next season. Does Stevie G know what he’s done?! ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Ah right. Definitely a McInnes type signing. Hopefully CL at least considers him if he is available as he would be a good signing for us. 

Intrigued to see what happens at the basket case of a club in Govan next season. Does Stevie G know what he’s done?! ?

Ross Wallace is the other fairly credible Aberdeen rumour 

Any itkers know what the deal is with the keeper? Someone had mentioned Luke Steele on a previous thread I believe?

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

If we don’t strengthen in midfield we’ll be as bad or worse than this season

Disagree with this. We have plenty of guys who can scrap, what we need is more quality on the wings. Hopefully Mulraney will be an effective winger, that's what we need. We have players who are, for whatever reason, very hesitant to put the ball in the box

jamboinglasgow

I reckon it will be a month before we hear the next person to arrive. I get the sense the first 5 we were able to early. Think ones we are going for now will require a lot of work to get over the line.

This is pure speculation, I haven't heard anything.

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I reckon it will be a month before we hear the next person to arrive. I get the sense the first 5 we were able to early. Think ones we are going for now will require a lot of work to get over the line.

This is pure speculation, I haven't heard anything.

We could get Sonny from Plymouth and a keeper, then it'll go quiet for a while. After that it might just be loan signing we make

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

We could get Sonny from Plymouth and a keeper, then it'll go quiet for a while. After that it might just be loan signing we make

I have a feeling that for a quality goalkeeper it will take longer, see with McLaughlin this season. Hamilton will be in goals for the League cup.

Alex Kintner
10 hours ago, Glottis said:

McKay would be a great signing for anyone in this league.

How has he done down south since leaving Rangers? 

8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Disagree with this. We have plenty of guys who can scrap, what we need is more quality on the wings. Hopefully Mulraney will be an effective winger, that's what we need. We have players who are, for whatever reason, very hesitant to put the ball in the box

We don’t have anyone who can go box to box or pick out a pass from midfield. Hopefully Olly Lee can but we’ll need more. Don’t feel we can rely on Djoum. He’s never been the bravest and, after his injury I don’t expect that to change.

Agree about Mulraney, we need pace too

Must say, Adam looks like a top player to me.  Would imagine our young midfielders would thrive with him.

i wish jj was my dad
11 hours ago, jambogemz said:

I don't think anyone is seriously discussing Michael Smith as a potential regular option at CM next season. People are only offering there opinions as to his effectiveness in that position if/when called upon.  Personally the couple of games I've seen him play CM at Tynecastle he's been very good but no, I wouldn't have him as a regular CM. 

CL has already named him as part of his RB options for next season anyway, when giving his reasons for not following up When Randall's loan ended. 

Good assessment. I think MS is a bit of an Eggert tbh. Can slot in and do a job anywhere when needed. Not a worldbeater but I like him a lot.

hmfc_liam06

On the basis of two players for every position, I'd be reasonably happy with this going forward. One quality/big name signing in each area of the park, with some seasoned pros and youngsters to supplement when required. Which I believe, is Craig's vision. 

Goalkeepers

- Quality keeper required
- Hamilton

Right Back

- Smith

- Godinho

Centre Back

- Berra

- Souttar

- Hughes (if he retires, I'd be happy promoting Hamilton)

- Bradley (or similar type of experienced pro)

Left Back

- Mitchell (back on loan)

- Burns (as backup)

Centre Midfield

- Quality midfielder required

- Adao (loan/permanent)

- Lee

- Djoum/Cochrane

Attacking Midfield 

- Naismith (loan/permanent)

- Milinkovic (loan/permanent)

- Amankwaa

- Mulraney

- Burns

Striker

- Lafferty

- Maclean

- Ikpeazu

Probably lacking one more in the attacking midfield position. Ideally, we'd sign one more, possibly a right sided player.

A starting line up of:

- Quality keeper

- Smith/Godinho

- Souttar

- Berra

- Mitchell

- Quality midfielder

- Adao

- Milinkovic

- Naismith

- Right sided attacking midfielder

- Lafferty

hmfc_liam06

I think in order for that to happen, we'll definitely have to move on Martin, Callachan and Sammon. 

SuperstarSteve

How much truth is in the rumours regarding Charlie Adam? Anything concrete? Or just the usual hearsay? 

a hibs (don't know why that matters) mate of mine sent me a message this morning saying he will be a hearts player by the start of next season but nothing to back it up, this same mate told me about olly lee signing before it was as announced, which I ignored and then funnily enough turned out to be true. 

i wish jj was my dad

I really hope the Charlie Adam stuff is true. He might not be mobile but he can spot a pass. Levein built the international team around him so I won't dismiss it.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

On the basis of two players for every position, I'd be reasonably happy with this going forward. One quality/big name signing in each area of the park, with some seasoned pros and youngsters to supplement when required. Which I believe, is Craig's vision. 

Goalkeepers

- Quality keeper required
- Hamilton

Right Back

- Smith

- Godinho

Centre Back

- Berra

- Souttar

- Hughes (if he retires, I'd be happy promoting Hamilton)

- Bradley (or similar type of experienced pro)

Left Back

- Mitchell (back on loan)

- Burns (as backup)

Centre Midfield

- Quality midfielder required

- Adao (loan/permanent)

- Lee

- Djoum/Cochrane

Attacking Midfield 

- Naismith (loan/permanent)

- Milinkovic (loan/permanent)

- Amankwaa

- Mulraney

- Burns

Striker

- Lafferty

- Maclean

- Ikpeazu

Probably lacking one more in the attacking midfield position. Ideally, we'd sign one more, possibly a right sided player.

A starting line up of:

- Quality keeper

- Smith/Godinho

- Souttar

- Berra

- Mitchell

- Quality midfielder

- Adao

- Milinkovic

- Naismith

- Right sided attacking midfielder

- Lafferty

Highlighted the positions in yur starting XI that have still to be confirmed/addressed.

Agree with what you are saying but it's easy to forget that most of our better players from this season are not guaranteed to be here next.

Long way to go though!

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

We don’t have anyone who can go box to box or pick out a pass from midfield. Hopefully Olly Lee can but we’ll need more. Don’t feel we can rely on Djoum. He’s never been the bravest and, after his injury I don’t expect that to change.

Agree about Mulraney, we need pace too

Callachan can go box to box as can Cowie. Ye I agree with the passing comment, a player like that would be a great addition

There is substance to the Charlie Adam rumour. We made contact a month or two ago with him and there is possible movement there. 

1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

How much truth is in the rumours regarding Charlie Adam? Anything concrete? Or just the usual hearsay? 

a hibs (don't know why that matters) mate of mine sent me a message this morning saying he will be a hearts player by the start of next season but nothing to back it up, this same mate told me about olly lee signing before it was as announced, which I ignored and then funnily enough turned out to be true. 

I'd say your mate is a slaiver ??

1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Edited by Mr Sifter
He's that much of a slaiver, I'd say it twice?

SuperstarSteve
11 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

There is substance to the Charlie Adam rumour. We made contact a month or two ago with him and there is possible movement there. 

Very much appreciated. 

SuperstarSteve
9 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Possibly, if he calls this one correct tho, that's 2 outta 2 from him, he must be not bad at the guessing game lol 

Absolute Scenes
21 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Oooo I love a good summer transfer window!

What was said, or was it just early days contact, "we'd be interested in signing you" kind of thing?

3 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Possibly, if he calls this one correct tho, that's 2 outta 2 from him, he must be not bad at the guessing game lol 

True. Just can't see it to be honest. Even at his age, I think he'd be a massive coup, and I'll not allow myself to consider my team next year could have Lafferty, Naismith and Adam in it. 

...but if Daz says there may be some truth in it then who knows. Still, given that yer mate is a Hibby, I'd suggest he's a slaiver anyway, regardless ?

BelgeJambo

Charlie Adams was in the media just before Gerrard was appointed pinning his colours to the Hun mast, giving a strong hint that's where he wants to be.

I would rather have Stephane Adam

Edited by BelgeJambo

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I really hope the Charlie Adam stuff is true. He might not be mobile but he can spot a pass. Levein built the international team around him so I won't dismiss it.

The lack of mobility is a bit of a myth. He plays almost every week in the fastest, most physically demandibg league in the workd and wouldn’t be doing that if he wasn’t mobile

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

And that’s the only way to play him. He’s fat and slow and managers/fans that have expected him to track runners have always ended up disappointed. But he’s a great passer of the ball. With Adao, Cochrane, Cowie etc to do his running, I think he’d be a great signing. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Highlighted the positions in yur starting XI that have still to be confirmed/addressed.

Agree with what you are saying but it's easy to forget that most of our better players from this season are not guaranteed to be here next.

Long way to go though!

Absolutely. Shows where we are just now.

As it stands our line up would be:

- Hamilton

- Smith

- Souttar

- Berra

- Burns

- Lee

- Cochrane

- Cowie

- Mulraney

- Amankwaa

- Lafferty

Some difference eh!

SuperstarSteve
20 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

True. Just can't see it to be honest. Even at his age, I think he'd be a massive coup, and I'll not allow myself to consider my team next year could have Lafferty, Naismith and Adam in it. 

...but if Daz says there may be some truth in it then who knows. Still, given that yer mate is a Hibby, I'd suggest he's a slaiver anyway, regardless ?

Exactly my thought's to be honest, him being a hibby says it all (not to be trusted) ?, which is why I ignored him regarding lee signing.

After hearing about Adam, I thought I'm checking this out, who better to respond than daza himself, i now believe Adam signing is possible, still very unlikely but you never know.