Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Did a fantastic job with the youngsters. Apparently the games under him were not about winning but the amount of passes a team could complete in a game, I think this is a fantastic idea for young players and explains the likes of John Souttar and Ryan Gauld's ease when they have the ball at their feet

That explains a lot!!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

SpruceBringsteen
20 minutes ago, TommyC said:

Scott Burns reporting pre-contract offer made to a Scottish Premiership striker.

Had a look at transfermarkt.com and the only Premiership striker coming out of contract that I could even remotely see at Hearts is Alex Schalk of Ross County. Not saying they're the absolute oracle likes, that's just what I could see.

Schalk would defo be a good signing. Sharp player who knows the league, scored 11 goals in league this season with a better strike rate than Lafferty 

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 14:07, Sir Gio said:

Would Partick not accept a swop deal Sammon ( maybe plus some cash ) for Blair Spittal, talented footballer well known to CL. A punt with nothing to lose, I thought that might have happened in January when Sammon was scoring regularly and we needed midfield players. Would take Alec Schalk, strong, hard working, scores goals, gives defenders a hard time, works across the front line or just behind, knows the league, shows no respect to the '' big '' teams, age 25 ish.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

35 year old Steven Maclean St Johnstone 

Always been a decent player.

If he's still got the legs, could be worth a punt.

16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

35 year old Steven Maclean St Johnstone 

Jesus.  Surely F#$@!&£ not. 

Finlay James

I've know Steven since he was a wee boy and despite growing as a Hibby, he's Rangers through and through now.

Hes had a good career and has looked after himself.  I would have taken him 4-5 years ago and ironically, Laszlo tried to sign him for us at the same time we were looking at Izale McLeod.  Steven told me then that he was desperate to sign for us but due to Romanov and the way the club was run then it was probably a blessing in disguise that it fell through.

I wouldn't be happy if we signed him now though, I get that he won't be our only signing but I'd rather we were looking at guys with a career ahead of them instead of coming to the end.  We already have Hughes, Cowie for that purpose.

letsalldothebeattie

If the pre contract striker is Alex Schalk I would be happy with that. Always liked him a quick player who can score and in a better squad that County would surely bag more goals as well. 

Jambof3tornado

Anyone got a link to the report. ****in 35 year old that has dodgy knees.

That'll boost ST sales.

Why not schalk!?!?

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

That'll boost ST sales.

Why not schalk!?!?

Nah but it's on back page. Heard about this a few weeks back. I think it's a sensible move tbh 

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

That'll boost ST sales.

Why not schalk!?!?

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Nah but it's on back page. Heard about this a few weeks back. I think it's a sensible move tbh 

Not online 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Sensible in what way? Hardly long term building is it?

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Spencer said:

McLean would be good back up to Lafferty and naismith. 

I'd rather it schalk, but folk need to remember whoever comes is unlikely to start more than ten games, baring a serious injury.

McLean would be perfect for that, good back up. our kenny Miller for want of a better comparison.

schalk will want to be the main man and start games.

folk should really have a think about things before crying their  eyes out.

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Right erm ok....if CL wants him its CLEARLY as a back up to the type of striker in that mould....whether thats as back up to Big Kyle or back up to another addition, i'm not too sure....

I think we would be mad not to go for Schalk btw as always liked him and crazzy to think we could get on a free for relative chicken feed re wages and not be interested...

However I aint gonna wet my pants if its McLean as even Mr Magoo will know its as a back up only for 12 months or so....and he appears a very solid pro who can pass on good habits to younger pro's as well as helping on the park every now and again....

On 10/04/2018 at 18:47, JamboAl said:

Possibly.  It is also a coincidence that neither Mitchell nor Adao was playing either.  In fact these two were also not playing when we beat Celtic 4-0.

I don't know what all of this tells us, if anything.

Smith was playing out of position as well which is a big no no amongst the intelligentsia 

Escobar PHM
5 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Had a look at transfermarkt.com and the only Premiership striker coming out of contract that I could even remotely see at Hearts is Alex Schalk of Ross County. Not saying they're the absolute oracle likes, that's just what I could see.

The only other one I could see is mclaren (Hibs) who we might go back in for I suppose. Kenny miller possibly ?. I’d rather have him than McLean that’s for sure

Edited by Escobar PHM

37 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I've know Steven since he was a wee boy and despite growing as a Hibby, he's Rangers through and through now.

Hes had a good career and has looked after himself.  I would have taken him 4-5 years ago and ironically, Laszlo tried to sign him for us at the same time we were looking at Izale McLeod.  Steven told me then that he was desperate to sign for us but due to Romanov and the way the club was run then it was probably a blessing in disguise that it fell through.

I wouldn't be happy if we signed him now though, I get that he won't be our only signing but I'd rather we were looking at guys with a career ahead of them instead of coming to the end.  We already have Hughes, Cowie for that purpose.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-target-ex-rangers-striker-steven-1031369.amp

5 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

McLean would be good back up to Lafferty and naismith. 

I'd rather it schalk, but folk need to remember whoever comes is unlikely to start more than ten games, baring a serious injury.

McLean would be perfect for that, good back up. our kenny Miller for want of a better comparison.

schalk will want to be the main man and start games.

folk should really have a think about things before crying their  eyes out.

That's where I am on this Tosh 

Clearly advancing in years but knows this league and has performed well at this level. Back up and useful option from bench 

Gives us something we don't have at this time 

That-Day-In-May

Would much rather have Keena/Currie than Maclean. Nothing against the guy but why sign him as a substitute striker when we have Keena and Currie who haven’t really trained or had a preseason with Lafferty and (hopefully!) Naismith and would learn from these guys. Giving young players a chance has worked well so far and I see no reason to stop now.

Unknown user
19 hours ago, Tote said:

Creative player with right attitude.

Came through United on that Souttar, Gauld, Robertson etc production line.

Will be an excellent addition who will link midfield and strikers perfectly.

still abit raw after a broken foot this season so effectively a year behind his age so will need coached to full potential.

Came through United as academy player of the year as well ahead of gauld Souttar and Robertson 

Andy Robertson?

The United production line/academy had nothing to do with him, United signed him from Queens at the age of 19, played him in the first team for one year, then sold him - he was never in their academy/youth system.

In fact, the season Fraser won United's U20 player of the year, Robertson was young player of the year for all of Scotland and was the best left back in the country, being selected in the premier league's team of the year.

He's never been behind Fraser in development, not by a long chalk

A_A wehatethehibs

Steven Maclean at 35 is questionable. There are question marks over whether st Johnstone would even offer him a new deal.

But I suppose he would be cheap and has done a job in this league. Certainly better than that scouse boy we had previously as our 3rd choice, already forgot his name. 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Steven Maclean at 35 is questionable. There are question marks over whether st Johnstone would even offer him a new deal.

But I suppose he would be cheap and has done a job in this league. Certainly better than that scouse boy we had previously as our 3rd choice, already forgot his name. 

They have offered him a new deal 

13 minutes ago, DougieHMFC said:

Maclean would help shift a few season tickets. Real notice of intent :laugh:

It's utterly laughable

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Spencer said:

They have offered him a new deal 

Fair enough, last I read about him was he was hopeful of getting one 

At least we're getting a new pitch for balls to be lumped up to Steven Maclean for the 3 games he plays.

Escobar PHM
10 minutes ago, Spencer said:

That's where I am on this Tosh 

Clearly advancing in years but knows this league and has performed well at this level. Back up and useful option from bench 

Gives us something we don't have at this time 

You two are at the wind up aye? I’d be seriously concerned about Leveins sanity if he signed Steven maclean. If  we are going down that route, just keep Sammon for a year. He’ll especially get slaughtered if he signs this guy and ignores Shalk

peebles jambo
39 minutes ago, Spencer said:

It is Steven MacLean 

I see Stevie quite regularly , i'll ask him, big hibby though

8 minutes ago, That-Day-In-May said:

Would much rather have Keena/Currie than Maclean. Nothing against the guy but why sign him as a substitute striker when we have Keena and Currie who haven’t really trained or had a preseason with Lafferty and (hopefully!) Naismith and would learn from these guys. Giving young players a chance has worked well so far and I see no reason to stop now.

MacLean can help Keena and Currie. Squad would be about right with these 5 forwards. 

Is it a striker that plays in the Scottish premiership or is a Scottish striker that plays in the premiership. 

Are they doing click bate wording etc. 

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

And he's 36 in August.

We'd be as well giving Andy Kirk a playing contract, he's not that much older and probably more mobile.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Jambos1983 said:

It's utterly laughable

It’s not, when you are looking for a player as back up for Kyle Lafferty who offers similar height and a good work rate. 

Id certainly take Maclean over that QoS boy we were linked with, by a million miles. Folk talk about signing proven SPL players well there you have one who is as proven as it gets. 200 odd games at this level and a decent 1 in 4 return (for a big target man type) 

Not as though we’re going to be signing Adam Rooney... although come to think of it I don’t think he’s played much for Aberdeen this year... could be worth a bid to see if Aberdeen will potentially sell? 

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, Beats said:

That's why I'm laughing. 

****ing joke of a signing.

Don’t worry. He won’t sign him. He will know the reaction there would be if he did.

Nookie Bear
17 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

. Apparently the games under him were not about winning but the amount of passes a team could complete in a game.

Grim reading. 

Nookie Bear
35 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

However I aint gonna wet my pants if its McLean as even Mr Magoo will know its as a back up only for 12 months or so....and he appears a very solid pro who can pass on good habits to younger pro's as well as helping on the park every now and again....

With all these top senior pros around to positively influence the kids, our squad is going to be like that Channel 4 programme where they sent a group of 4yr olds into an old folks home. 

Absolute Scenes

can folk stop wetting the bed already

An offer for an older player, who wont demand high wages, will be happy to be backup, and can be used for suspensions, injuries.

It's an intelligent move.

Levein has already said he wants more than just one 35 year old striker

Come on guys keep it together!

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

You two are at the wind up aye? I’d be seriously concerned about Leveins sanity if he signed Steven maclean. If  we are going down that route, just keep Sammon for a year. He’ll especially get slaughtered if he signs this guy and ignores Shalk

not at all.

Sammon isn't value for money, on a fair wedge and he obviously wants first team football.

schalk is good enough to be a main striker for someone, again first team football. imo, He'll feel this way.

If we have Naismith and Lafferty as options, whoever comes will be a bench player. McLean fits that mould.

cheap, experienced, would be happy as back up.

it's more complicated than just Hearts, the player will also have demands.

some on here think in such 1 dimensional terms, no thought to all the issues. 

we can't hrow £3/£4k at players just so they're happy on the bench.

Celtic can, they throw £8k/£10k at fringe players, players who pick money over game time.

we don't have the cash or quite frankly the prestige to do this.

slaughtered for signing a player who no one knows  was even interested in us in the first place -classic stuff.

calm yourself down to a frantic state.