Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

Just now, Debut 4 said:

I don't think many Hearts fans have complained about these signings really.

Its old ground covered so many times recently but we can complain about the approach to some matches, whether these players are playing or not.

Set up , tactics and mentality are important to help make the best of what we have. 

Maybe its the midfield that's let us down this season? Maybe the manager?, maybe it's the transitional period? Maybe the players haven't given us their best often enough?

Whatever the reason I hope it's resolved next season moving forward. 

The guy I was replying to was complaining about them.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

5 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Here's what I think the squad will look like next season

GK:  2 x new keepers (Jon away unfortunately and Jack on loan)

Defence:  Godinho, Brandon, Smith, Souttar, Berra, Hughes, new left back.  Keep Hughes for experience/back up and hope Mitchell comes back.  Smith and Randall away.

Midfield:  Djoum, Danny, Cowie, Cochrane, McDonald, Henderson, Moore.  Hope we can keep Adao.  Bauben, Beith, Callachan, Skinny all away.  We need at least 2 if not 3 experienced signings in midfield.

Strikers:  Lafferty, Currie.  Hope we can keep Naismith.  1 signing if Naismith stays, 2 if he doesn't.

IMHO Currie will be off on loan somewhere. Keena will be in the first team squad though.

i wish jj was my dad
53 minutes ago, Haken said:

I'd be happy for Cowie to stay.  I think he's under-rated and unappreciated.  Playing him out wide, though, doesn't do him any favours.  If we had a fully fit squad, I think he might find himself on the bench more often than not.  Will largely depend on who we manage to keep or sign in the summer.

Very good post. Our best performances usually include Don.

Bunny Munro
18 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I am not sure of the accuracy of your source but if Levein has made 3 offers one of the offers I have heard is Demetri Mitchell. Not sure if it is for a permanent deal or another loan deal for a season.

Mitchell's operation apparently went really well and all continuing well he may even feature for us again before the end of the season. 

I really can't see us getting Demi on a permanent deal, it would be an outstanding peice of business.

Even another loan deal would have been unlikely before his injury.

On 3/30/2018 at 16:47, kila said:

Will be gutted if there is no attempt to keep Milinkovic

Me too, but I don't think Levein likes him enough to try to keep him.

Edited by Busby8

queensferryjambo
6 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I really can't see us getting Demi on a permanent deal, it would be an outstanding peice of business.

Even another loan deal would have been unlikely before his injury.

Absolutely agree a permanent deal it is unlikely. Loan would ideal and mutually beneficial.

I suppose we have to remember that the 3 offers Levein has made are only offers none of the 3 might agree a deal.

colinmaroon
52 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Oh that old chestnut if you don't like Levein style football your a hibby ,number 1 don't you dare infer I am vermin, number2 I've probably been a Jambo longer than you've been on the planet number, 3 I was trying to infer doesn't matter who Levein signs it's the negativity which brings players down,Oh and number 4 who gets called Colin anymore birdwatchers, trainspotters ,I rest my case ps On a forum everyone is ENTITLED to their OPINION

Hilarious!

Who gets called Colin anymore??? ?

You better get in your TARDIS and buzz off back to 1947 and tell my dear old deceased Maw not to be so stupid!

At least I don't hide behind some totally inappropriate Nome de plume, considering the Buzz bomb would run through brick walls for Hearts.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Oh that old chestnut if you don't like Levein style football your a hibby ,number 1 don't you dare infer I am vermin, number2 I've probably been a Jambo longer than you've been on the planet number, 3 I was trying to infer doesn't matter who Levein signs it's the negativity which brings players down,Oh and number 4 who gets called Colin anymore birdwatchers, trainspotters ,I rest my case ps On a forum everyone is ENTITLED to their OPINION

:cornette:

There are car crash posts... then there's this!

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 16:47, kila said:

Will be gutted if there is no attempt to keep Milinkovic

What's the point of keeping him when he cant get a game

Dagger Is Back

There are a fair few SPFL players that could be on our radar. Mind you that’s based on how well they play against us.

Why don’t we add Paul McGowan to the list. He ran the show today as once again soft touch make an average player look good. 

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Ffs.

Hibs light years ahead

Killie bigger than Hearts.....

Colin isn't an acceptable name anymore!

Jkb dropping truth bombs all over the place!

Not sure what  a truth bomb is. But no-one said Killie is bigger than Hearts.

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

There are a fair few SPFL players that could be on our radar. Mind you that’s based on how well they play against us.

Why don’t we add Paul McGowan to the list. He ran the show today as once again soft touch make an average player look good. 

Wouldn’t want him anywhere near the famous maroon shirt, horrible wee Ned 

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, chazza74 said:

Wouldn’t want him anywhere near the famous maroon shirt, horrible wee Ned 

Either would I. The point I’m making is that most of the SPFL look good when we play them.

They’re not good it’s just  because we are honking

rudi must stay
6 hours ago, jr ewing said:

I would  try  and  get  Kamara too.

Noticed Deacon more. He looks a very good player, technically excellent

Edited by rudi must stay

10 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Ffs.

Hibs light years ahead

Killie bigger than Hearts.....

Colin isn't an acceptable name anymore!

Jkb dropping truth bombs all over the place!

Hibs light years ahead is the best one. Take 3 years to get promoted, compared to our one, and after promotion they basically do the same as we did when we got promoted, except they very possibly won't get into Europe. But yeah, light years ahead.... could their form possibly because they haven't had 3 manager changes, and the squad upheaval that goes along with that, in the space of a year?

The solution to that is clearly another manager change. Geniuses.

Edited by socrates82

skinnybob72
16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Noticed Deacon more. He looks a very good player, technically excellent

We're more likely to sign Joey Deacon - and he'd be an upgrade on some of our current midfield. 

buzzbomb1958
8 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

:cornette:

There are car crash posts... then there's this!

Stop chasing cockroaches dafty, is that your passport photo ,I don't think you've very far

buzzbomb1958
10 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Hilarious!

Who gets called Colin anymore??? ?

You better get in your TARDIS and buzz off back to 1947 and tell my dear old deceased Maw not to be so stupid!

At least I don't hide behind some totally inappropriate Nome de plume, considering the Buzz bomb would run through brick walls for Hearts.

Away and look at the birds colinnnn cos that's as near as you've been,put the binoculars down 

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Stop chasing cockroaches dafty, is that your passport photo ,I don't think you've very far

:waiting:  for the end of this post...

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Away and look at the birds colinnnn cos that's as near as you've been,put the binoculars down 

Gettin’ good now..

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Another gem.

Come off the glue, hen.

9 hours ago, jr ewing said:

I would  try  and  get  Kamara too.

Unbelievable Geoff!

9 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I don't mean this sarcastically but he is classless ned that goes about kicking the police. Budge and Levein since day one have went on about signing players who have the right 'character'. So, on top of being an utter ned he is also bang average. I can't see Levein breaking from that path for such a meh player. Lafferty I think was different because he is a good player and also nowhere near as much of a problem player. 

Ali Crawford does pretty much the same job in team with a smaller budget. If there was an attacking mid at Premiership level I'd suggest him. He's consistently been a key man for Accies over the seasons since they came up. That said, I'd hope our sights are set higher. Charlie Adam or Ryan Gauld if any sort of deal could be worked out would be the calibre i'd like to see.

13 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Rory deacon for me good direct player 

These 3 we've offered deals to, hope 1 is a left back and that if they are midfielders, they don't get nosebleeds when they cross the halfway line. Oh and hope they are old enough to not still be at school.?

colinmaroon
10 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

If that made sense I would reply to it but, as English is not your first language, I'll just leave you to it - - Cyril.  ?

Lots of love, from Mauritius,

The Bird Watcher

43 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

If that made sense I would reply to it but, as English is not your first language, I'll just leave you to it - - Cyril.  ?

Lots of love, from Mauritius,

The Bird Watcher

Love a bit of bird watching myself. Couple of weeks ago I saw a Hoopoe for the first time. A Curlew too. 

colinmaroon
12 minutes ago, Bez said:

Love a bit of bird watching myself. Couple of weeks ago I saw a Hoopoe for the first time. A Curlew too. 

My favourite is the Yellow Bunting.

17 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

St Johnstone tried to sign him recently but he has just signed a new deal with Dundee so he would cost money which we are unlikely to pay and as others have said although on his game a decent player he is not the type of player we want at Hearts if only for his off field antics.

manaliveits105

Macgowan is ceptic ingrained and only tries against us and rangers - he has hubz written all over him = fud

colinmaroon
27 minutes ago, Bez said:

Nice. ?

I'm sure I saw a Green Spotted Tit Warbler a few posts back!

9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

:rofl:

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

:lol:

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Macgowan is ceptic ingrained and only tries against us and rangers - he has hubz written all over him = fud

Amen brother Amen!!

colinmaroon
On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:21, Busby8 said:

Me too, but I don't think Levein likes him enough to try to keep him.

Nobody seems to be taking stock of what kind of deal Skinny would be looking for?

Obviously, on much better money than Hearts at present - so, would he justify being one of the top paid players?

Has his agent been using agent's tactics on Levein - "we have other offers" etc., all speculation but not unreasonable speculation and, if there's any nonsense from agent, Levein will give said agent short shrift.

The point is we don't know!  Let's see if he's involved in the next game - much "bigger" and at home.

Edited by colinmaroon

All Out Attack
32 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Let's see if he's involved in the next game - much "bigger" and at home.

So yesterday wasn't a big enough game to play Milinkovic. I have heard it all now... 

Three points yesterday is just the same as three next week. Try asking some of 700 supporters who bothered to make the trip yesterday, how they felt about the importance of the game and whether they would like to have seen Milinkovic get on the pitch. 

Can you please stop defending  every single thing that happens at Tynecastle as if it is gospel and the right way. Problems need to be highlighted and fixed if we are to move on. 

By all accounts the travelling support were seriously unhappy yesterday. When you alienate so many people as Levein has done, there is a sense of inevitability about his future. I suspect that just like Cathro, he is being kept on too long. 

Skinny should stay. 

Edited by All Out Attack

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, All Out Attack said:

So yesterday wasn't a big enough game to play Milinkovic. I have heard it all now... 

Three points yesterday is just the same as three next week. Try asking some of 700 supporters who bothered to make the trip yesterday, how they felt about the importance of the game and whether they would like to have seen Milinkovic get on the pitch. 

Can you please stop defending  every single thing that happens at Tynecastle as if it is gospel and the right way. Problems need to be highlighted and fixed if we are to move on. 

By all accounts the travelling support were seriously unhappy yesterday. When you alienate so many people as Levein has done, there is a sense of inevitability about his future. I suspect that just like Cathro, he is being kept on too long. 

Skinny should stay. 

I was there, there were a few grumbles and boos, but mostly just folk sloping off home quietly. I think everyone just wants the season over with now. I can't wait meself.

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Skinny should stay. 

HE WAS JUST BACK FROM INJURY! 

Is that loud enough for you Mr Agenda-Driven - are you related to the Green Spotted Tit Warbler by any chance?

The team that was out there yesterday should have seen the job done but, as Gary MacKay said, they looked like they weren't up for it and, if you think Levein is responsible for that, you're a bigger buttock than I know you are.  The players were at fault, including those who should have been more influential; poor first touches, poor passes, poor crosses and that's Adao, Naismith, Lafferty, Cowie.

Sitter missed - I suppose that was Levein's fault!!!

Goalkeeper who otherwise had a good game, allows Dundee player to bundle in a cross from 2 yards in the 6 yard box, with Berra caught napping; that was all  Levein's fault as well, of course.

rick witter
5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Is that loud enough for you Mr Agenda-Driven - are you related to the Green Spotted Tit Warbler by any chance?

The team that was out there yesterday should have seen the job done but, as Gary MacKay said, they looked like they weren't up for it and, if you think Levein is responsible for that, you're a bigger buttock than I know you are.  The players were at fault, including those who should have been more influential; poor first touches, poor passes, poor crosses and that's Adao, Naismith, Lafferty, Cowie.

Goalkeeper who otherwise had a good game, allows Dundee player to bundle in a cross from 2 yards in the 6 yard box, with Berra caught napping; that was all  Levein's fault as well, of course.

What sitter did we miss? 

Laffertys one? That’s the only one I can think you mean but it wasn’t a sitter I thought it was not a bad strike and the keeper made a good save. 

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Cathro was not responsible for individual mistakes and experienced international players not being up for it. Neither is Levein. However, both are paid to manage the team and get the best out of the players, through tactics, training and motivation. If they fail to do that then they are responsible. Levein, like Cathro, cannot get the best out of the players he has and , despite citing excerpts from his weekly excuse book  ,could well follow his protege out the door. 

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

• redm changed the title to Offers already made to 3 players