Offers already made to 3 players ( merged )

maroonsgotop

sairyinthat
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

No way Mcgeouch will come to Hearts. If he stays in Scotland which it’s more than likely he won’t due to money it will be with Hibs or Aberdeen. 

Another Celtic loan subsidised to play for the slugs and probably a lump sum after his Celtic contract expired.That contract expires in not too many weeks,he turned down the opportunity to extend at the window probably because the gravy train has been sucked dry and he was expected to take a pittance ie Hibs wages.Very good chance he signs for us Hibs will struggle to match what we could offer.imo mind

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Spencer

• JamboAl

• Bridge of Djoum

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

No way Mcgeouch will come to Hearts. If he stays in Scotland which it’s more than likely he won’t due to money it will be with Hibs or Aberdeen. 

Think you have this spot on. Hibs would match any offer made from us. 

11 minutes ago, fila said:

Think you have this spot on. Hibs would match any offer made from us. 

I'm with you there . But I'd love to see us openly offer him more than  hibs are .. one because he's a decent player and 2 just to annoy them and force there hand to pay more..

Childish but it might help us out

Edited by jambocub
Spelling

rip van tinkle
1 hour ago, jambocub said:

I'm with you there . But I'd love to see us openly offer him more than  hibs are .. one because he's a decent player and 2 just to annoy them and force there hand to pay more..

Why would this help us out?

1 hour ago, jambocub said:

Would give me a chuckle as well, if we did openly target him .

10 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

Why would this help us out?

I would think he means, the more they pay him, the less they have to spend on other players

3 hours ago, fila said:

I would think he means, the more they pay him, the less they have to spend on other players

Correct

9 hours ago, rick witter said:

Never say never, as a youngster left Celtic to join Rangers then went back to Celtic after a couple of years. Not afraid to make a controversial decision. 

Think unlikely but is a very good player and would improve us. Still doubts over his ability to avoid injuries.

The Apprentice
10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

McGeouch looks a bit glass to me

I was thinking exactly this. As much as he would improve our midfield he can’t seem to string a decent sequence of games together without being injured, even as recently as having to pull out of the national team due to injury. I honestly think that’s one of the reasons he ended up at Hibs in the first place tbh. 

rick witter
1 hour ago, Big Moysey said:

Never say never, as a youngster left Celtic to join Rangers then went back to Celtic after a couple of years. Not afraid to make a controversial decision. 

Think unlikely but is a very good player and would improve us. Still doubts over his ability to avoid injuries.

I just think in my opinion we would be the least attractive option for him from the offers he has. He will end up in the championship in England make fortune for a couple years then back up the road. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I just think in my opinion we would be the least attractive option for him from the offers he has. He will end up in the championship in England make fortune for a couple years then back up the road. 

Less attractive than hibs..

As repetence, run into a wall, head first. 

Surely we should try to sign milinkovic permanently instead of going for Templeton? 

Edited by karipidis

14 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Less attractive than hibs..

As repetence, run into a wall, head first. 

Thought similar when I read it. Then predicted that if I said anything it’d be ‘they are though... maroon glasses... “ etc. Decided not to bother. It’s the way things are on Kickback now. :lol:

So Make Some Noise..

Surprised it's not already been mentioned but I'd like to hope one of the three is Mulumbu from Killie. Might also explain why Clarke has come out saying he''s off to a bigger club 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Surprised it's not already been mentioned but I'd like to hope one of the three is Mulumbu from Killie. Might also explain why Clarke has come out saying he''s off to a bigger club 

I doubt that Clarke would describe moving to a club lower in the league as "off to a bigger club".

The Internet
12 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

Another Celtic loan subsidised to play for the slugs and probably a lump sum after his Celtic contract expired.That contract expires in not too many weeks,he turned down the opportunity to extend at the window probably because the gravy train has been sucked dry and he was expected to take a pittance ie Hibs wages.Very good chance he signs for us Hibs will struggle to match what we could offer.imo mind

Is he on loan? He's been there about 4 years :lol:

LarrysRightFoot

I originally said I thought McGeough would be one of the players - and I hope it is.

But thinking about it’s most likely from the players we have been linked with the three are - Bain, Dykes and Fraser.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

STs not flying off the shelves then?

Otherwise don't really see the point of this wee teaser.

We complain when we don’t get info then are cynical when we do. ?

sairyinthat
19 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Is he on loan? He's been there about 4 years :lol:

Was on loan,lets say encouraged to sign for them on completion has zero intention of renewing and free in a few weeks same as Walker scenario.And Lenny can go to his door again if he likes he's off and if we fancy a dash then the way is open,No fear that Hibs could outbid us.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

True I am a bit of a cynic, but I'd rather we announced news when we had some real news to announce.

46 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I doubt that Clarke would describe moving to a club lower in the league as "off to a bigger club".

Leicester city won the EPL but they aren't bigger that Man U, Chelsea, spurs, etc ... or have I got this wrong!

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Leicester city won the EPL but they aren't bigger that Man U, Chelsea, spurs, etc ... or have I got this wrong!

Correct 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I know we are a bigger club. I just didn't think the manager of Killie would currently say he was off to a bigger club.

19 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

According to BBC website, Levein states we have already made offers to 3 new players and hopes to get 4 or 5 players signed early. He also said a number will be leaving and will announce details of those players fairly soon round about the split. Had heard offers had been made to Gordon & Temps with Milinkovic leaving but no idea how accurate that is.

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

True I am a bit of a cynic, but I'd rather we announced news when we had some real news to announce.

Is there anypoint is posting infromation when you have "no idea". ?

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I know we are a bigger club. I just didn't think the manager of Killie would currently say he was off to a bigger club.

Careful now. That was almost positive.

16 hours ago, Bez said:

Well, aye. As soon as someone pops a wee rumour or whatever in there, we can. As it is, the guys that actually get a wee snippet or two of information have decided to stop posting it because of the array of arseholes on this forum who just want to have a pop at them.

Why would anyone try and have a pop at them? .. for sharing information early rather that Letting everyone else hear it from some tabloid slump 

that's unreal and if they genuinely feel like that .. I hope if they are reading this that they know a lot of people will also be very grateful for them taking the time to share .. I'm sure they won't do it for their own benefit 

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Why would anyone try and have a pop at them? .. for sharing information early rather that Letting everyone else hear it from some tabloid slump 

that's unreal and if they genuinely feel like that .. I hope if they are reading this that they know a lot of people will also be very grateful for them taking the time to share .. I'm sure they won't do it for their own benefit 

Go figure. There was a couple of right roasters all over them last time. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Generally though it is not "information".  Maroonsgotop at least admitted he had no idea whether rumours about Templeton and Gordon were accurate. Others try to give the impression they are in the know.

3 minutes ago, Bez said:

Go figure. There was a couple of right roasters all over them last time. 

I know of 2 posters and they were bang on the money a good few times with signings, before any press releases  ... shocking if that's the case 

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Generally though it is not "information".  Maroonsgotop at least admitted he had no idea whether rumours about Templeton and Gordon were accurate. Others try to give the impression they are in the know.

Like I just said fa I know of 2 posters who spoke out of signings before I heard of any media release and who were right, I'm not saying everyone is ITK, a few may proclaim to be but if someone who genuinely was told or given a heads up from someone within the club and they aren't going to do it anymore because of some staged attack .. I just don't get why folk would do this 

Levein doesn’t like attacking or flair players

Which is why he brought in Fuller, Valois, De Vries, Wyness and played Juanjo.

****ing clowns on here

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Because that's a different argument.

Hearts are a bigger club. 

2 hours ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

IIRC it was reported a move for mulumbu to france fell through in january, so i would imagine he will be going to france

Bridge of Djoum
32 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But if he is going to Hearts, Steve Clarke is correct.

Let's be honest, if we heard nothing you'd be first to complain about lack of news/communication.

More miserable than a wet Easter Sunday. 

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Let's be honest, if we heard nothing you'd be first to complain about lack of news/communication.

More miserable than a wet Easter Sunday. 

There is a huge difference between being cynical and actively looking for reasons to criticise.  This board is plagued by a small group of the latter.

But not when it relates to finances or the new stand!

Francis Albert
45 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Because that's a different argument.

Hearts are a bigger club. 

I don't know what argument is different from what other argument. I never said Hearts are not a bigger club thamn Killie. Of course they are and I have said so.

My point was that I didn't think that Clarke would speak about one of his players being "off to a bigger club" if he was talking about a move to Hearts.

Bridge of Djoum

I don't know what argument is different from what other argument. I never said Hearts are not a bigger club thamn Killie. Of course they are and I have said so.

My point was that I didn't think Clarke would speak about one of his players being "off to a bigger club" if he was talking about a move to Hearts.

:what:

But you agree Hearts are a bigger club.

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

My point was that I didn't think that Clarke would speak about one of his players being "off to a bigger club" if he was talking about a move to Hearts.

Of course he would. He’s clearly not a moron. :lol:

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

:what:

But you agree Hearts are a bigger club.

OK I will try again. I didn't think it was that difficult a distinction. Aberdeen by some measures have in recent years been a bigger club than  Hearts and  in turnover terms and on-field results they remain so. But I would not be pleased if a Hearts manager talked about one of our players going to Aberdeen  being "off to a bigger club" and I don't think he would do so. Celtic yes, Rangers reluctantly yes. Any club in the top two flights of English football yes.

Edited by Francis Albert

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

OK I will try again. I didn't think it was that difficult a distinction. Aberdeen by some measures have in recent years been a bigger club than  Hearts and  in turnover terms and on-field results they remain so. But I would not be pleased if a Hearts manager talked about one of our players being "off to a bigger club" and I don't think he would do so. Celtic yes, Rangers reluctantly yes. Any club in the top two flights of English football yes.

I see nothing wrong with what Clarke said.

Your opinion of what constitutes a big club and what you'd be pleased with are irrelevant.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I see nothing wrong with what Clarke said.

Your opinion of what constitutes a big club and what you'd be pleased with are irrelevant.

They are relevant to me in forming my opinion about the likelihood that Clarke said one of his players leaving to join Hearts was off to a bigger club.

And I didn't say there was anything wrong or inaccurate if Clarke had said it ... just that I don't think he would have said it.

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

OK I will try again. I didn't think it was that difficult a distinction. Aberdeen by some measures have in recent years been a bigger club than  Hearts and  in turnover terms and on-field results they remain so. But I would not be pleased if a Hearts manager talked about one of our players going to Aberdeen  being "off to a bigger club" and I don't think he would do so. Celtic yes, Rangers reluctantly yes. Any club in the top two flights of English football yes.

:rofl:

Hearts are a much bigger club than Kilmarnock though. It’s such a completely ludicrous argument. There’s not a sane minded person in the land who would bat an eyelid if Clark describes Hearts as a bigger club. 

Bridge of Djoum

They are relevant to me in forming my opinion about the likelihood that Clarke said one of his players leaving to join Hearts was off to a bigger club.

And I didn't say there was anything wrong or inaccurate if Clarke had said it ... just that I don't think he would have said it.

So he should have said.. ''Mulumbu will be off to a bigger club, but no Hearts''. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Bez said:

:rofl:

Hearts are a much bigger club than Kilmarnock though. It’s such a completely ludicrous argument. There’s not a sane minded person in the land who would bat an eyelid if Clark describes Hearts as a bigger club. 

A few  Killie fans, insane or otherwise, would bat an eyelid.

2 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

So he should have said.. ''Mulumbu will be off to a bigger club, but no Hearts''. 

We are a more panoramic club than Kilmarnock. :)

• redm changed the title to Offers already made to 3 players