Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

Well done you. ??

I was being sarcastic mate, my price went up £20 so I lost £13. It’s ok though,the intention was to help the club as it always is.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Harder to rebuild with less money. 

It is, Dave, but we've stepped up to the plate time and again. I think any criticism is justified.

heartsfc_fan

So paid last £320 year and now £340. Fine by me.

If you can't afford or aren't happy with a price increase, move to a category in a cheaper section. Unless of course you already are in a bronze section....

David McCaig
56 minutes ago, Boab said:

I do remember that chat and agreed with both you and Kila, who proposed a very good structure re. pricing at the time.

I'm probably contradicting myself now !

I suppose the simple fact is, if people are unhappy with the top prices, they won't pay up front.

Sales will determine that.

If I downgrade to Gold, the club gets £660 instead of the £950 they got last season.

However, as I've said in other posts the best Gold seats are long gone.

Given my kids can't make midweek matches, I need to give serious consideration about whether to renew at all, which then costs the club even more cash.

A gold u16 ST is £110, this jumps to £220 in Platinum.  

Just now, David McCaig said:

If I downgrade to Gold, the club gets £660 instead of the £950 they got last season.

Given my kids can't make midweek matches, I need to give serious consideration about whether to renew at all, which then costs the club even more cash.

Hear that, D, but, if my memory serves me right, the majority of home games have always been weekends.

Enough to justify shelling out though ? It's a personal call, buddy.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

True. Also harder to rebuild when we keep signing dross on 3 yr contracts. Time for us to get it right this summer.

I agree with that. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Hear that, D, but, if my memory serves me right, the majority of home games have always been weekends.

Enough to justify shelling out though ? It's a personal call, buddy.

My heart generally ends up ruling my head in these situations.

For example ST4 is for my 14 year old daughter who lives in Sheffield... So only makes a couple of games a season, but means I don't need to shift to the Roseburn when she is up.

My personal view is that there is probably too much Platinum seating in the ground, but even if the amount of Platinum seating is correct the cost of the U16 ST is too steep in comparison to other areas of the ground ie. Platinum is 100% more expensive than Gold!!!

As I say my heart will probably win out, but I'm effectively looking at ongoing payment of £100 per month for my STs + FoH+ Supporters bus+away matches!!!

6 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The bit in bold: :rofl:

Agree with the rest though!

Oh ye of little faith. Follow me to success and your Hearts will be lifted.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Only Platinum seats from old main stand aren't full price this season. All others are.

Sorry didn't know that.

I'm unable to see the price charts on my mobile.

Isn't that against what was decided last season ?

I thought that ALL 2017/18 main stand seats were to be a staged increase for next season.

No Point in me grizzling  about it as I'll end up buying anyway. 

People with Kids to buy for have my total sympathy. It's strange as we get closer to being fan owned the club are alienating the very people who are the lifeblood of the club.

Ricardo Shillyshally
1 hour ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

£495 to renew my seat is a bit of a sickener given the dross we've endured this season mixed with yet another summer rebuild! Needs must though I guess.

Although, on a positive note, we are unbeaten at Tynie

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Been a lot of empty seats behind me in Section t upper so you should get a decent seat there if you fancy the main stand 

Footballfirst

It's normal practice for around 10% of ST holders not to renew for the following season, so I'm sure that there will be an ample supply of seats available in all sections of the ground come 10th May when they go on general sale..

maroonsgotop

another change quietly brought in is that anyone with August birthdays and affected by the age categories will miss out as they have moved the qualifying date from 1st Sept to 1st Aug. Another (very) small point is that the midpoint for Main Stand users should be £445 and not the advertised £450.   

Anyone tell me how the lounge in the new main stand works alongside a season ticket? Basically I wanna turn up at the new stand before the game and drink in the bar until the game starts for a couple of hours. Do I have to buy my season ticket plus a membership for the lounge? Any help appreciated 

Pasquale for King
Just now, kimosavi said:

Anyone tell me how the lounge in the new main stand works alongside a season ticket? Basically I wanna turn up at the new stand before the game and drink in the bar until the game starts for a couple of hours. Do I have to buy my season ticket plus a membership for the lounge? Any help appreciated 

Doubtful if anyone will know yet as it’s not open or really been talked about. The bar in the Famous Five is only open to folk in that stand, as you can walk right round Tynie it should be available to anyone who wants to go in.

Footballfirst

Just to give an indication of how the club's revenue potential increased with changes in categories and why, in my opinion, there should have been a freeze on prices..

Season .. Platinum .. Gold .... Silver .. Bronze

2017/18 ...... 2,886 .. 6,518 .. 5,392 ... 1,829

2018/19 ...... 6,284 .. 8,296 .. 3,297 ... 1,824

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Just to give an indication of how the club's revenue potential increased with changes in categories and why, in my opinion, there should have been a freeze on prices..

This reflects the change from the old stand to the new?

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This reflects the change from the old stand to the new?

Yes. Virtually all the changes related to the new stand development.

Sorry I got my seasons wrong.  The first season should have been 2016/17

Edited by Footballfirst

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Sorry didn't know that.

I'm unable to see the price charts on my mobile.

Isn't that against what was decided last season ?

I thought that ALL 2017/18 main stand seats were to be a staged increase for next season.

No Point in me grizzling  about it as I'll end up buying anyway. 

People with Kids to buy for have my total sympathy. It's strange as we get closer to being fan owned the club are alienating the very people who are the lifeblood of the club.

Nah I think that's as planned. The platinum ones are different because it was such a massive change for them, going Silver to Platinum, whereas the rest of us went Silver to Gold. Dunno if there was also some bronze in the old main stand too though?

Will no doubt renew but this is really getting too expensive. On the back of a poor season I expect a drop off in renewals.  Been asked to move from our seats to make way for corporate as well which isn't ideal

Edited by andydog

Prior to this season's STs  going on sale

along with others I e mailed the club asking that price increases should be staggered to ease the financial pressure on fans. The club took this on board and staggered the increases but it seems they have failed to consider Main stand silver ST holders.

In fact I said at the time on my e mail that IMO Sections T/N should remain Silver and Sections S/O should be Gold with the equivalent in the Wheatfield.

Charging Platinum prices for a seat in line with the 18 yard box is not good value for money.

I can see problems shifting STs for next season.

£500 :sob:

Will be renewing.  This season was shite bar 4-0 - which wasn't a surprise to some :jjyay: 

At these prices I'm expecting the treble and I WOULDN'T MISS IT FOR THE WORLD! 

stranraer-jambo
9 hours ago, David McCaig said:

No U13 category either.

As a platinum ST holder with 3 kids, two of whom would have been in U13 category, I feel very let down.

Renewal cost for next year is £1155!!

Yes, I could downgrade to Gold, but all the decent seats in those sections are gone and getting 4 seats is always a challenge. It would also result in the club receiving considerably less cash from me next season.

Feel for you. A couple of years ago I had the jump from U13 to U18 for my twin kids, which was pretty hefty in Gold seats. Said at the time an U16 was required but didn't think it would be at the expense of U13.

Would like to see U11 for primary aged kids then U13, U16 and U18 categories, followed by Concession category for OAP/students.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, stranraer-jambo said:

Feel for you. A couple of years ago I had the jump from U13 to U18 for my twin kids, which was pretty hefty in Gold seats. Said at the time an U16 was required but didn't think it would be at the expense of U13.

Would like to see U11 for primary aged kids then U13, U16 and U18 categories, followed by Concession category for OAP/students.

That would be a much better transitional approach.

I agree with other posters that £55 is probably too cheap and £110 is about right, but £220 for 11 and 12 year olds in Platinum is too expensive.

Gorgie_Rules

Regardless of performances I feel my ST has been generally well priced the last few years without the price changing much. A £20 increase seems fair when I take that into account.

The club could have knocked £20 off everyones ticket and there would be throbbers on here moaning that we aren’t maximising revenue. 

The club couldn’t introduce a prize freeze option last year then not up the prices, would have stiffed a lot of our loyal supporters who coughed up for it, I guess the worrying thing is if the prices continue to go up by £20 each year for the prize freeze period it will price many out, perhaps the club have to come up with some incentive for those who paid the £100, free cup ticket if no price increase for example.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Prior to this season's STs  going on sale

along with others I e mailed the club asking that price increases should be staggered to ease the financial pressure on fans. The club took this on board and staggered the increases but it seems they have failed to consider Main stand silver ST holders.

In fact I said at the time on my e mail that IMO Sections T/N should remain Silver and Sections S/O should be Gold with the equivalent in the Wheatfield.

Charging Platinum prices for a seat in line with the 18 yard box is not good value for money.

I can see problems shifting STs for next season.

Im silver in the new stand and it’s only gone up £20 for me which is acceptable for me. To be honest I feared it was going up by £40-50.

I do feel for those with kids and have been affected by the age changes.

but £340 for 19 home games is pretty decent value. I’m the top row in the bottom teir so effectively a baw hair away from bottom row top teir which sees a fair rise. Suppose there has to be boundary lines drawn up somehow 

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

New stand = good investment!

More seats in total but more importantly lots of existing seats at higher prices!

Higher turnover = more investment in playing squad = more playing success!

This Budge girl has her head screwed on the right way!!

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

New stand = good investment!

More seats in total but more importantly lots of existing seats at higher prices!

Higher turnover = more investment in playing squad = more playing success!

This Budge girl has her head screwed on the right way!!

That was definitely the plan, however the risk is as follows

More seats at higher prices = empty seats

Turnover lower than hoped = investment in playing squad restricted = less playing success

The Budge girl has her head screwed on, but the football business isn't always as predictable as directors would like.

Edited by Footballfirst

I am in awe of every single season ticket holder and I'm even in awe of myself and every other FoH subscriber.

We have had a couple of largely disappointing seasons on the park but if the quality of that first goal against Partick is anything to go by, the future is rosy.

Hope everyone renews and we have some morale boosting performances and results before the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That was definitely the plan, however the risk is as follows

More seats at higher prices = empty seats

Turnover lower than hoped = investment in playing squad restricted = less playing success

The Budge girl has her head screwed on, but the football business isn't always as predictable as directors would like.

Agree!

But let them buy Bronze!!

Not advocating folk getting into debt but loads of banks do 2 years + interest free on credit card purchases.  Sainsbury Bank doing 30 months just now.

Lot cheaper than Zebra or whoever, but naturally the added risk of the flexibility of not paying back in full every season ticket renewal, paying minimum one month and not catching back up or getting massive credit limit and using.

https://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/credit_cards/micro/cca_dual30a_micro?sid=651a&dfaid=

Edited by DETTY29

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Not advocating folk getting into debt but loads of banks do 2 years + interest free on credit card purchases.  Sainsbury Bank doing 30 months just now.

Lot cheaper than Zebra or whoever, but naturally the added risk of the flexibility of not needing to pay back every season ticket renewal, paying minimum one month and not catching back up or getting massive credit limit and using.

https://www.sainsburysbank.co.uk/credit_cards/micro/cca_dual30a_micro?sid=651a&dfaid=

Having been in debt, I would not qualify due to a shot credit score.   My fault.  

It js not an option I would encourage, but guess if you are the disciplined type, it is one.    Having said that, Hearts are encouraging us to pay by cash or cheque so they get all the money upfront and avoid charges, and I am guessing more so now that they cannot recuperate some of that cost by charging a fee for using a card (unless they call it something else). 

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Having been in debt, I would not qualify due to a shot credit score.   My fault.  

It js not an option I would encourage, but guess if you are the disciplined type, it is one.    Having said that, Hearts are encouraging us to pay by cash or cheque so they get all the money upfront and avoid charges, and I am guessing more so now that they cannot recuperate some of that cost by charging a fee for using a card (unless they call it something else). 

On all these fronts I agree.

You need to be very disciplined, cut credit card up even, make sure you internet banking the same amount each month etc.

Plus what you say from the club's perspective.

Once I eventually paid off my cc, I have only ever used for things like car hire deposits that they are insistent on being cc but pay the hire separately by debit card.

One thing the club again hasn’t done is suggest bank transfer.   That would mean a cash payment, without the need to visit the ticket office.   

Most banks offer free faster payments for non business customers when sending money, so the club would get the money in a matter of minutes.   You could simply email the club, and send the money, referencing it with your reference number.  

There would no need to handle money and bank money or cheques, so would actually save the club even more money and time. 

Edited by Paolo

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Im silver in the new stand and it’s only gone up £20 for me which is acceptable for me. To be honest I feared it was going up by £40-50.

I do feel for those with kids and have been affected by the age changes.

but £340 for 19 home games is pretty decent value. I’m the top row in the bottom teir so effectively a baw hair away from bottom row top teir which sees a fair rise. Suppose there has to be boundary lines drawn up somehow 

Im the same , will renew my seat then maybe a wee move somewhere else:smile:not telling at the minute.

Clerry Jambo
9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Day one sales figures? Or just an announcement when we reach a set number?

Think we’re waiting until we reach double figures mate!!!!

Zippyisajambo

Son is 10years, turns 11 on June.
They have removed the u13 category, and as he is 11 "on 1st Aug" he qualifies for the u16 category.

The stadium expansion has led me to one conclusion - "do i really need a season ticket?" 

letsalldothebeattie

Mine up to £340 I think that’s £20 more than for this season if I remember correctly. I’m not complaining about that as it could’ve been worse plus what else is their to do on Saturdays

8 minutes ago, Zippyisajambo said:

Son is 10years, turns 11 on June.
They have removed the u13 category, and as he is 11 "on 1st Aug" he qualifies for the u16 category.

The stadium expansion has led me to one conclusion - "do i really need a season ticket?" 

You do if you intend on going to all the home games as it works out cheaper. 

25 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Same seats???

Last year £300 for me and £165 for laddie( u18) = £465

This year it is £320 me and £110 (u16) for him = £430

£35 saving.

Result.

heartsfc_fan

Not everyone will be happy but some will benefit.

I.e. A 14 year old will be saving as they would've been paying u18 prices last year and u16 this year.

Evens out in the end